Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,575 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Blind: You Can Feel The Rivalry At Anfield - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Blind: You Can Feel The Rivalry At Anfield (290 Views)

Will You Still Watch El Clasico Without The Rivalry Between Messi And Ronaldo? / Liverpool Fans Attack Man City Team Bus At Anfield (Photos) / The Rivalry Of Jose Mourinho And Antonio Conte In The Premier League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Blind: You Can Feel The Rivalry At Anfield by goalisma(m): 9:33am On Jan 16, 2016
Manchester United's Dutch star Daley Blind tackles MUTV's questions on Sunday's showdown between the two most successful clubs in English football...
In your short time at the club so far, have you come to know how important Liverpool v United is to the fans?
"Yes, I know the history of both clubs, I know the second team better of course, but I know they are both clubs with big history and have a big rivalry. These games always mean more to the fans and of course the players on the pitch."
What was it like to play for United at Anfield for the first time in March?
"As a player you want to be involved in these games. Playing at Old Trafford is a dream come true, but to go to Anfield and feel the rivalry in the stands was amazing. As a player you feel the pressure because these games give you something special. It’s games like these that make you want to be a footballer. In English football it’s great that many stadiums have stands so close to the pitch, so you can really feel the atmosphere. Anfield is one of those stadiums where, against United, everything has a bit extra. It’s a great feeling."

Was celebrating Juan Mata's second-half goal in front of the away fans a special moment?"Yes, it's a wonderful memory. When you score a goal like that it’s great both personally, in Juan’s case, and as a team to go to the fans and cheer. It’s a great feeling to win there and I’m happy I experienced it, but I want to experience it again."
You've also scored against Liverpool, in the home game earlier this season, so that must have been great for you too..."As I have said, the games at Old Trafford are special, week after week. When Liverpool come you feel the atmosphere, the rivalry and the tension in the game. To score a goal was an amazing feeling."
You mention the atmosphere and the tension, so is there something that's different about these fixtures?
"I think in these games you go on the pitch and already in your head you have played the game many times and you know what special feeling it has when you walk on the pitch. Each game in the Premier League has some specialities; every ground has its own story, but United versus Liverpool brings something special."
Jurgen Klopp is well known for his high-tempo pressing game. Is that something you have to plan for?"Yes, of course, we always have to look at our opponents. Everybody knows Klopp from his time at Dortmund where he did very well and they played good football. We have to prepare ourselves our utmost best and go from our own qualities and play the game from there."

Could a victory at Anfield provide the team with a big boost for the games ahead?
"Yes, we have a lot of important games coming up. Everything is so close in the table; we are only nine points off the top. You have to win games to keep it up and look forward."

visit www.goalisma..com for more news.....God bless

(1) (Reply)

Football Game / Breaking News: Adidas To Terminate Contract With Corrupt-ridden IAAF / Guardiola To Replace Pellegrini Next Season‼

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.