Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

How To Work As A Nurse In US - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Work As A Nurse In US (7360 Views)

Before You Work as a Housemaid In Saudi Arabia Read This / Experienced Childbirth Caregiver/nurse In London / Can I Work As An Automotive Technician In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Work As A Nurse In US by JustHere2Observ(f): 6:27pm On Jan 16, 2016
Hello, I need information on how to get a nursing license in the US. I'm a registered nurse, midwife and public health nurse with a degree in nursing science. Has anyone done this before and how did you get a job in US? Thank you.
Re: How To Work As A Nurse In US by hartson(m): 5:52pm On Jan 17, 2016
JustHere2Observ:
Hello, I need information on how to get a nursing license in the US. I'm a registered nurse, midwife and public health nurse with a degree in nursing science. Has anyone done this before and how did you get a job in US? Thank you.

are resident in the US and you want to get licence to practice or you are looking for job as a nurse,which one?
Re: How To Work As A Nurse In US by hartson(m): 5:55pm On Jan 17, 2016
JustHere2Observ:

are you in the US?
Re: How To Work As A Nurse In US by JustHere2Observ(f): 9:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
hartson:

are resident in the US and you want to get licence to practice or you are looking for job as a nurse,which one?

Looking for a job in the us as a foreign trained nurse
Re: How To Work As A Nurse In US by Miami11: 3:27am On Jan 18, 2016
USA is no longer sponsoring work visas for nurses, the program ended, however you can choose to enter US by a different visa and find your way around to working.
Research on Canada though, they could be accepting nurses.
Re: How To Work As A Nurse In US by hartson(m): 3:23pm On Jan 18, 2016
JustHere2Observ:

Looking for a job in the us as a foreign trained nurse

why not consider the opinion of the guy below me.it sounds reasonable.
Re: How To Work As A Nurse In US by MPVGoddess: 11:03pm On Feb 24, 2016
Any ideas anyone?

What if I attended a private school of Midwifery that is now comatose, that is students are no longer being admitted, and the school is closed, due to the fact that the founder of the school is now dead, and the children of the founder and the principal are at log a heads, so everything is in a mess, and the principal ransacked the school's records office and took documents home, and now the husband of the principal is also dead, so she is out of the city where the school is situated mourning, if the principal is in possession of some documents including mine, how then will it be possible for the school to send CGFNS the validation it requires of my certificates? Any ideas? Will CGFNS refuse to process my application because of this issue with the school of Midwifery? Will they go ahead with just the information received from the school of nursing which happens to be different?
Re: How To Work As A Nurse In US by KELVIN086: 11:06pm On Feb 24, 2016
MPVGoddess:
Any ideas anyone?

What if I attended a private school of Midwifery that is now comatose, that is students are no longer being admitted, and the school is closed, due to the fact that the founder of the school is now dead, and the children of the founder and the principal are at log a heads, so everything is in a mess, and the principal ransacked the school's records office and took documents home, and now the husband of the principal is also dead, so she is out of the city where the school is situated mourning, if the principal is in possession of some documents including mine, how then will it be possible for the school to send CGFNS the validation it requires of my certificates? Any ideas? Will CGFNS refuse to process my application because of this issue with the school of Midwifery? Will they go ahead with just the information received from the school of nursing which happens to be different?
Is this a joke

2 Likes

Re: How To Work As A Nurse In US by tpiar: 11:17pm On Feb 24, 2016
you go fear story sha.

1 Like

Re: How To Work As A Nurse In US by MPVGoddess: 11:51pm On Feb 24, 2016
KELVIN086:

Is this a joke

Not a joke, has happened to a school of Midwifery in Edo State.

The children of the owner are extorting money from ex-students and not even giving them what they need!
Re: How To Work As A Nurse In US by tpiar: 11:52pm On Feb 24, 2016
Re: How To Work As A Nurse In US by TheArchangel(f): 5:37am On Feb 25, 2016
MPVGoddess:
Any ideas anyone?

Imagine!!!
Little wonder I advocates for government schools. No time for private and mission wahala.

Keep the ideas coming people. I am interested in relocating or immigrating to countries that favour nurses and black skin. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How To Work As A Nurse In US by Updatenow: 11:18am On Feb 25, 2016
JustHere2Observ:

What you should be asking for at the moment is how to get employed with what you have, practicing should be a long term goal you should set.

My elder bro is now a certified nurse in Philadelphia, according to him, you will be enrolled into a training school for a short period of six months or less according to your experience before you can get employed to work in any clinic.
Re: How To Work As A Nurse In US by JustHere2Observ(f): 1:14pm On Feb 25, 2016
Updatenow:

What you should be asking for at the moment is how to get employed with what you have, practicing should be a long term goal you should set.

My elder bro is now a certified nurse in Philadelphia, according to him, you will be enrolled into a training school for a short period of six months or less according to your experience before you can get employed to work in any clinic.

I can't practice in the US without a license from the Board of nursing of the state I want to work.
Re: How To Work As A Nurse In US by TheArchangel(f): 2:16pm On Feb 25, 2016
Updatenow:

Was he a registered nurse before living Nigeria? Because there are many categories of nursing assistants that trains for that specific period you mentioned like the certified nurse assistant that trains for 3-6months or so.
Re: How To Work As A Nurse In US by Updatenow: 2:48am On Feb 26, 2016
TheArchangel:
Was he a registered nurse before living Nigeria? Because there are many categories of nursing assistants that trains for that specific period you mentioned like the certified nurse assistant that trains for 3-6months or so.

No..he wasn't. But,what ever you certificate you possess here in Nigeria or in Africa at large the western countries will not hesitate to subject you to their own training for you to be able to work in your new environment.
Re: How To Work As A Nurse In US by TheArchangel(f): 5:53am On Feb 26, 2016
Updatenow:

No..he wasn't. But,what ever you certificate you possess here in Nigeria or in Africa at large the western countries will not hesitate to subject you to their own training for you to be able to work in your new environment.
No, we are not subjected to any other training after acquiring our registered nurse licence here except you want to further your education as a nurse practitioner, we only have to register with their nursing bodies after taking their NCLEX-RN.

Your brother did a CNA course.

2 Likes

Re: How To Work As A Nurse In US by faheez(m): 6:06pm On May 25, 2016
TheArchangel:
No, we are not subjected to any other training after acquiring our registered nurse licence here except you want to further your education as a nurse practitioner, we only have to register with their nursing bodies after taking their NCLEX-RN.

Your brother did a CNA course.
after passing the NCLEX, one will now work as a what? Lpn or cna or rn?
Re: How To Work As A Nurse In US by TheArchangel(f): 7:27pm On May 25, 2016
faheez:
after passing the NCLEX, one will now work as a what? Lpn or cna or rn?
RN takes NCLEX-RN while LPN takes NCLEX-PN. CNA are nurse assistant like the ward maids we have in Nigeria.
Re: How To Work As A Nurse In US by faheez(m): 11:42pm On May 25, 2016
TheArchangel:
RN takes NCLEX-RN while LPN takes NCLEX-PN. CNA are nurse assistant like the ward maids we have in Nigeria.
i will be happy if you can answer my question in one word..
Re: How To Work As A Nurse In US by TheArchangel(f): 5:02am On May 26, 2016
faheez:
i will be happy if you can answer my question in one word..
There is NCLEX-RN for Registered nurses and NCLEX-PN for for licence vocational or practical nurses. License practical nurses is an 16 or 18 months course after completion they take their NCLEX-PN to practice as an LPN while RN requires associate or baccalaureate degree wherein they take NCLEX-RN to practice as an RN.
CNA are not nurses.

There is no way your question can be answer in one word when you lump up three cadres of staff together.
Re: How To Work As A Nurse In US by faheez(m): 9:45am On May 26, 2016
TheArchangel:
There is NCLEX-RN for Registered nurses and NCLEX-PN for for licence vocational or practical nurses. License practical nurses is an 16 or 18 months course after completion they take their NCLEX-PN to practice as an LPN while RN requires associate or baccalaureate degree wherein they take NCLEX-RN to practice as an RN.
CNA are not nurses.

There is no way your question can be answer in one word when you lump up three cadres of staff together.
pls MA are you a US nurse? If yes pls I would love to have a chat with you. I need to clarify some facts concerning nursing in the US..
Re: How To Work As A Nurse In US by gunpoint(m): 12:58am On Jul 28, 2016
TheArchangel:
Imagine!!!
Little wonder I advocates for government schools. No time for private and mission wahala.

Keep the ideas coming people. I am interested in relocating or immigrating to countries that favour nurses and black skin. Thanks.
Australia
Re: How To Work As A Nurse In US by TheArchangel(f): 7:42am On Jul 28, 2016
gunpoint:

Australia
Give me the dirts bro. Highlight the steps. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

USA Travel Port Of Entry Issues...comment / Uk Drop Box Criteria / Passport Renewal - Rescheduling The Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.