Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

DHTMLSQL - A Very Advanced Wrapper For Mysql Database! - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / DHTMLSQL - A Very Advanced Wrapper For Mysql Database! (6685 Views)

Android Quiz App With Php And MYSQL Database / Web Development And Programming Using PHP/MYSQL Database At Yemlat / Most Used Mysql Database Functions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DHTMLSQL - A Very Advanced Wrapper For Mysql Database! by 2mNaira: 3:00pm On Feb 17, 2016
seunthomas:
Let me clearly state here. Learning a programming language does not make you a programmer. Programming is like maths. You can learn the syntax of any language within weeks. programming languages are like 10-30% syntax, the rest is the stuff you learn from other languages. A really good programmer should be embrace a new language within weeks. if you cant, then examine yourself ohhhhh.

Gospel truth
Re: DHTMLSQL - A Very Advanced Wrapper For Mysql Database! by 2mNaira: 3:09pm On Feb 17, 2016
dhtml18:

Well, it was wrapped in nairaland smiles, and indentations could not be seen clearly. Whatever, i do not claim mastery of python anyway, so it is no skin off my nose whether i am right or wrong.

I can write a code that can work in both Java and JavaScript. If i say it is javaScript, i am right. If i say Java, i am still right.

I just learnt python a few days ago and have not used it to solve any priblem yet, yet I could tell that that was python.
Re: DHTMLSQL - A Very Advanced Wrapper For Mysql Database! by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 17, 2016
seunthomas:
Am sure @dhtml knows my stuff i assumed based on reading my comments and postings in our previous controversies. Or @dhtml do you need proof that I is who i say I is
Nolo contendere

mnairaland:

I hated mysqli cos is not object oriented that was why I settled for PDO.
The fact that your wrapper is object oriented with make object-oriented syntax lovets like me to fall in love with it.As far as php is concerned this ur wrapper makes a great deal sense
Thank you very much jare, at least you can see the usefulness of the wrapper unlike a certain seunthomas who thinks it is re-inventing the wheel.

seunthomas:
Actually i believe its because of guys like @maekhel @fincoapps that we dont have much development in software area. Apparently you are easily moved by mediocrity.
Mediocrity in this case is my wrapper right?
Re: DHTMLSQL - A Very Advanced Wrapper For Mysql Database! by guru01(m): 5:03pm On Feb 17, 2016
mnairaland:

I hated mysqli cos is not object oriented that was why I settled for PDO.
The fact that your wrapper is object oriented with make object-oriented syntax lovets like me to fall in love with it.As far as php is concerned this ur wrapper makes a great deal sense

FYI mysqli is very much oop.
Re: DHTMLSQL - A Very Advanced Wrapper For Mysql Database! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 17, 2016
guru01:

Actually it is supports both - procedural and oop. But the OOP aspect is not as elegant/fast like dhtmlsql. With this library, you actually write less codes.

$result=$mysqli->query('select * users where id=1 ');
$row=$result->fetch_assoc();

can be shortened by dhtmlsql to:
$row=$db->dlookup('*','users','id=1');
Re: DHTMLSQL - A Very Advanced Wrapper For Mysql Database! by guru01(m): 5:14pm On Feb 17, 2016
Does the class connect to mysql database or it passes through mysqli?
Re: DHTMLSQL - A Very Advanced Wrapper For Mysql Database! by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 17, 2016
guru01:
Does the class connect to mysql database or it passes through mysqli?
The wrapper uses mysqli internally, in fact it supports all known mysqli features. And it connects directly to the database.
It has commands and functionalities to do many basic and advanced stuffs, you can read the documentation on http://dhtml.github.io/dhtmlsql/ (basic doc), http://dhtml.github.io/dhtmlsql/api/ (expert doc)
Re: DHTMLSQL - A Very Advanced Wrapper For Mysql Database! by guru01(m): 5:19pm On Feb 17, 2016
@dhtml18 I think you should rename the class to something not connecting to you at all if you want developers to assist in terms of troubleshooting and improvement.
As for me the name dhtmlsql sounds too personal. In the spirit of open source you have to give it a unique and generic name. This will help make the product acceptable worldwide.
Re: DHTMLSQL - A Very Advanced Wrapper For Mysql Database! by guru01(m): 5:21pm On Feb 17, 2016
Can you perform multi query with this class?
If it uses mysqli, why then did you say its faster then what it connect to?
Re: DHTMLSQL - A Very Advanced Wrapper For Mysql Database! by guru01(m): 5:28pm On Feb 17, 2016
You did a very good job with the documentation.
Re: DHTMLSQL - A Very Advanced Wrapper For Mysql Database! by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 17, 2016
guru01:
@dhtml18 I think you should rename the class to something not connecting to you at all if you want developers to assist in terms of troubleshooting and improvement.
As for me the name dhtmlsql sounds too personal. In the spirit of open source you have to give it a unique and generic name. This will help make the product acceptable worldwide.
If you guys can suggest a great name, then i shall rename it - am not such a bad guy now?

guru01:
Can you perform multi query with this class?
If it uses mysqli, why then did you say its faster then what it connect to?
The speed of query and all that is the same as mysqli but it is faster for a developer to use. You get more with less codes.
And yes, it supports multi queries. . .multiple inserts etc as can be seen by the documentation.
Re: DHTMLSQL - A Very Advanced Wrapper For Mysql Database! by 2mNaira: 11:14pm On Feb 17, 2016
guru01:

Its possible.I just know that I had a good reason to dump it for pdo.It didnt't flow well with me or sothing like that.
Re: DHTMLSQL - A Very Advanced Wrapper For Mysql Database! by asalimpo(m): 3:54am On Feb 18, 2016
guru01:

like linux (linus torvald) fell into disuse because of the authors egostistical tendencies!
or mysql (after my - authors daugther)

I dont think the issue is the origin or meaning of the name but the ring of it. its catchiness.
Re: DHTMLSQL - A Very Advanced Wrapper For Mysql Database! by larisoft: 4:20am On Feb 18, 2016
@dhtm, the idea behind ur wrapper is laudable but I think u should be more welcoming to criticism.

For one, what the wrapper offers in sql statements is an implementation of the active records pattern, which is already present in too many existing frameworks and wrappers. Its not any more concise than what's available, its not clear what real developer problem it addresses, and its security seems highly questionable.

Why then should a developer use this as opposed to other libraries that bring unique features to the table?

A mature response to these questions would have been: I was jst trying out stuff on my own or this is why my stuff is unique...

Still; nice work. U have potentials.
Re: DHTMLSQL - A Very Advanced Wrapper For Mysql Database! by guru01(m): 8:47am On Feb 18, 2016
@dhtml18, I understand why you have to defend your hard work against @seunthomas but I don't think he meant any harm. I think those things he mentioned are probably what he needed from the wrapper.
Concerning the name, you can try AgileSQL or RapidSQL.
I will use this wrapper as time goes on.
Re: DHTMLSQL - A Very Advanced Wrapper For Mysql Database! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 18, 2016
larisoft:
@dhtm, the idea behind ur wrapper is laudable but I think u should be more welcoming to criticism.

For one, what the wrapper offers in sql statements is an implementation of the active records pattern, which is already present in too many existing frameworks and wrappers. Its not any more concise than what's available, its not clear what real developer problem it addresses, and its security seems highly questionable.

Why then should a developer use this as opposed to other libraries that bring unique features to the table?

A mature response to these questions would have been: I was jst trying out stuff on my own or this is why my stuff is unique...

Still; nice work. U have potentials.

I am welcome to criticism, if it makes sense. I find nothing wrong with your post, I created the wrapper to solve my own SQLi problem, and it an integral aspect of my personal framework - just decided to share it with the public.
The choice of library to use for your work is dependent on whatever the developer in question wishes to use, there is no monopoly in this business.
And as for what a mature response will have been - well, i can say anything that i like. . . . . .there is democracy on nairaland.
As for having potentials, well, I am not seeking for anyone's commendations, i just do what i like just for the fun of it. People like it, or dont like it ain't none of my fvcking problem - that is what makes me a troll!

1 Like

Re: DHTMLSQL - A Very Advanced Wrapper For Mysql Database! by DAvIt0(m): 9:38pm On Feb 18, 2016
Finally comments now relating to the rationale behind the library/wrapper and its touted features.... **breathes fresh air****

Good Job @dhtml18
Re: DHTMLSQL - A Very Advanced Wrapper For Mysql Database! by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 18, 2016
guru01:
@dhtml18, I understand why you have to defend your hard work against @seunthomas but I don't think he meant any harm. I think those things he mentioned are probably what he needed from the wrapper.
Concerning the name, you can try AgileSQL or RapidSQL.
I will use this wrapper as time goes on.
Lol. . .
Re: DHTMLSQL - A Very Advanced Wrapper For Mysql Database! by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 18, 2016
DAvIt0:
Finally comments now relating to the rationale behind the library/wrapper and its touted features.... **breathes fresh air****

Good Job @dhtml18
Thanks, after all the crazy e-fight!

All the e-fights have actually helped my library to get more attention. . . . . .

1 Like

Re: DHTMLSQL - A Very Advanced Wrapper For Mysql Database! by asalimpo(m): 11:01pm On Feb 18, 2016
how about trollsql.

1 Like

Re: DHTMLSQL - A Very Advanced Wrapper For Mysql Database! by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 18, 2016
asalimpo:
how about trollsql.
Sai, that would have been a very fantastic name! I wonder why i did not think of that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tracking Position Via The Internet / Nairaland Programmers That Share Language And City In Common / Free Coding Ask And Answer (CAA) Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.