Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,135 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina (32821 Views)

Nigerian Pilgrims’ Cocaine Scandal : Buhari Angry With Ndlea / Halliburton Scandal: Buhari May Go After IBB, Abdulsalami, Jubril Aminu / $182m Halliburton Scandal: Buhari Orders Preparation Of Case-file (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by midolian(m): 8:50am On Jan 17, 2016
The Presidency has said President Muhammadu Buhari will be willing to receive and listen to former President Goodluck Jonathan to make clarifications on the multi-million dollar arms procurement scandal perpetrated under his administration.

The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, stated this in an interview on Saturday.

Asked if Buhari would be ready to grant Jonathan audience if the former President sought to make clarifications in view of the revelations coming from the EFCC’s probe of the scandal, Adesina said because of Buhari’s belief in decency and civility, he would not shut out his predecessors, even if some people had done so in the past.

Adesina said, “A former President should always have access to a sitting one. It would be uncouth and indecent to shut out a former occupant of such lofty office. If some people did it to their predecessors in the past, it is not this President who believes in decency and civility.

“Yes, President Buhari will always grant audience to former President Jonathan, if there is any request for such. A rebuff does not come into the picture at all.”

Meanwhile, a top government official who spoke on the condition of anonymity said that the former President had tried to reach out to the National Security Adviser, Babagana Mongunu.

The source, however, said he did not know if Jonathan had succeeded in establishing a contact.
“I know that the former President has been trying to reach the NSA. Whether he has succeeded, I do not know. You can ask the NSA himself,” he said.
It was the NSA, on the orders of the President, who constituted the committee that has audited the procurement of arms and equipment in the Armed Forces and Defence sector from 2007 to 2015.

Most of the information in public domain on the arms scandal is from the findings of the committee, which has submitted two preliminary reports so far.

https://www.today.ng/news/national/67235/arms-deal-buhari-ready-to-listen-to-jonathan-presidency?utm_source=dlvr.it_nnd&utm_medium=twitter

Lalasticlala
Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by Elosky20: 8:52am On Jan 17, 2016
BABA abeg fire on, may u live long. mean while
all the yam eaters should return the yams to the new barn keeper

63 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by braine(m): 8:53am On Jan 17, 2016
What explanation can Jonathan give that can save him? It's like asking a thief why they stole.

10 Likes

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by midolian(m): 8:54am On Jan 17, 2016
Jonah, over to you.. I don't know how much more time you need to concoct your lies on this issue.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by kizolo(m): 8:55am On Jan 17, 2016
We Nigerians are eager to know what Jonathan has to say on this arms deal issue. It has lingered way too long causing distractions to other ailing aspects of the country.

Anyone involved should be tried openly and prosecuted if found guilty or exonerated if not guilty. They should just conclude this case once and for all.

We just can't afford all this distractions at the expense of our economy.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by aare07(m): 8:57am On Jan 17, 2016
Over to you GEJ

2016 : year of consequences.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by dulaman: 8:58am On Jan 17, 2016
Wailers

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:59am On Jan 17, 2016
Actually, Jonathan is in a serious fix right now. Whatever he says will be used against him by the public at least.

If he says he didn't approve the disbursement and Metuh's/Anenih's "special assignments", they (Metuh and co) will call him a liar and move to indict him.

If he says he actually did it, he automatically indicts himself and will lose the sympathy some section of international community have for him. In fact, he'll be asked to refund whatever goes to him and may even be used as "prosecution witness" (if he isn't prosecuted).

What a fix..

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by skup008(m): 9:00am On Jan 17, 2016
I'm just wondering and curious as to why uncle jona has been so silent. This even is really dragging his name and image down, and he seems don't care.

2 Likes

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by omenka(m): 9:01am On Jan 17, 2016
Anything that signals a rapport between Jo and Baba makes "them" very mad.

Watch out, sooner or later, they'd flood this thread throwing around profanities like some poorly raised angry children from some slummy shanty.

Midolian, watch my back for me mbok, make I enter shursh.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by drss(m): 9:06am On Jan 17, 2016
me personally feels GEJ should continue d silent treatment. who is buari dullard to demand GEJ explanation GEJ owes nobody any explanation. all i see is trap set all ova d place for GEJ to fall into their useless game of lies n decied should he talk.
Since buari dullard has taken d path of ridicule, lies, propaganda n abuse of power against his percieved enemies n d opposition, let him continue decieving himself in d scam of fighting corruption. by d time nigerians gets to know d true nature of d so call arms deal saga, buari will be stoned out of aso rock.

106 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by joseph1832(m): 9:06am On Jan 17, 2016
And of course, when Jonathan visit Aso Rock, I'll not be surprise if the media is barred from the meeting, also, I won't be Jonathan only reason for visit PMB will be to remind him about the so-called Peace treaty or Peace agreement he signed (whatever they call it).

1 Like

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by Frank3n2(m): 9:07am On Jan 17, 2016
As usual...it's gonna be a closed door meeting..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 17, 2016
I would like to send his sycophants on this forum to him.

please help me deliver this message. tell him not to waste his time and resources trying to lobby the president.

he doesn't answer to Jonathan's cabal, he answers to us, and we have given him the mandate to hunt down yam eaters.

its time for Jonathan to face the music and dance the dance of shame in the market square.

I can only sincerely hope that his paid e-diots, e-touts and kobo-per-post destinies on Nairaland will join him in the dance.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by vayne(m): 9:10am On Jan 17, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Actually, Jonathan is in a serious fix right now. Whatever he says will be used against him by the public at least.

If he says he didn't approve the disbursement and Metuh's/Anenih's "special assignments", they (Metuh and co) will call him a liar and move to indict him.

If he says he actually did it, he automatically indicts himself and will lose the sympathy some section of international community have for him. In fact, he'll be asked to refund whatever goes to him and may even be used as "prosecution witness" (if he isn't prosecuted).

What a fix..
See how defaming you assertions are towards Jonathan,you stomach driven analysts are a big disgrace to democracy!

You are the real definition of any govt in power,AGIP....you old joke is on you.

105 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by yjgm(m): 9:15am On Jan 17, 2016
Lalasticlala, do the needful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by yjgm(m): 9:17am On Jan 17, 2016
vayne:

See how defaming you assertions are towards Jonathan,you stomach driven analysts are a big disgrace to democracy!
Tonyebarcanista said the obvious. Are you oblivious of this fact?. Jonathan is indeed in a fix. Can't go left, and right is gummy.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by midolian(m): 9:17am On Jan 17, 2016
omenka:
Anything that signals a rapport between Jo and Baba makes "them" very mad.

Watch out, sooner or later, they'd flood this thread throwing around profanities like some poorly raised angry children from some slummy shanty.

Midolian, watch my back for me mbok, make I enter shursh.
sure sir! grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by joseph1832(m): 9:20am On Jan 17, 2016
midolian:
sure sir! grin grin
Bros, na wen you become bodyguard? LOL.

1 Like

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by Khd95(m): 9:22am On Jan 17, 2016
Every probe was a hit back to back, frm dasuki,to dokpesi,to yakasai,to anenih,fvck d peace treaty,jonah must b probbed...baba ti take over.

Jonah is still clueless even after his defeatsad

that man is naturally clueless,dnt blame d pple around him,blame him cos he sorrrounded him self with pple like him

12 Likes

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by vayne(m): 9:24am On Jan 17, 2016
yjgm:

Tonyebarcanista said the obvious. Are you oblivious of this fact?. Jonathan is indeed in a fix. Can't go left, and right is gummy.
I would have taken it serious if you were the one that made the statement,but as for that tonyebarcanista,I Better listen to snailspeed's assertion on the matter!

He even tried to blame the great Igbo nation using his numerous monikas for the vandalization of pipelines in delta,attributing any short-comings of this govt to iPod or Igbo!......tell me,whatelse can beat this hight of ignorance!

20 Likes

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 17, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

What a fix..
As a pdp member and also a fellow ijaw like jonathan,what should he do.
Cuz most pdp(wailers) followers here on nairaland keep insisting that the arms probe deal is a scam.
Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by dridowu: 9:25am On Jan 17, 2016
vayne:

You are the real definition of any govt in power,AGIP....you old joke is on you.
Tonyebarcanista said the truth, whatever GEJ said it will surely be used against him. The best GEJ can do on this #Dasuki matter is to keep mute.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by vayne(m): 9:29am On Jan 17, 2016
dridowu:
Tonyebarcanista said the truth, whatever GEJ said it will surely be used against him. The best GEJ can do on this #Dasuki matter is to keep mute.
I would have taken it serious if you were the one that made the statement,but as for that tonyebarcanista,I Better listen to snailspeed's assertion on the matter!

He even tried to blame the great Igbo nation using his numerous monikas for the vandalization of pipelines in delta,attributing any short-comings of this govt to iPod or Igbo!......tell me,whatelse can beat this hight of ignorance!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by midolian(m): 9:32am On Jan 17, 2016
joseph1832:
Bros, na wen you become bodyguard? LOL.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:38am On Jan 17, 2016
BlackMaria:

As a pdp member and also a fellow ijaw like jonathan,what should he do.
Cuz most pdp(wailers) followers here on nairaland keep insisting that the arms probe deal is a scam.
My brother, I no send Jonathan message na. Wetin make I talk order than to refund the money?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 17, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

My brother, I no send Jonathan message na. Wetin make I talk order than to refund the money?
Na wetin,I wan hear be that. I just hope em fellow wailers don't roast u 4 dis statement.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by aieromon(m): 10:01am On Jan 17, 2016
Khd95:

Jonah is still clueless even after his defeatsad

that man is naturally clueless,dnt blame d pple around him,blame him cos he sorrrounded him self with pple like him

This was his position during the August 2015 secret meeting with Buhari - claiming ignorance. The peace deal/agreement has tied Buhari's hand and I bet Jonathan will sacrifice all his lieutenants in exchange for a safe landing.

Jonathan said he was hearing some of the allegations, especially financial sleaze, against his administration for the first time. He made it clear that he had nothing to do with some of these corrupt practices.

“He said whatever steps or actions the President intends to take; it should be within the framework of the peace accord the two leaders signed. Obviously, he wanted soft landing.

“He also pledged to cooperate with Buhari as much as possible on all steps he is going to take.”

On his part, President Buhari was said to have restated his pledge that Joanthan had nothing to fear, though insisted that there was no going back on the recovery of looted funds.

“The President reassured Jonathan that he has no personal agenda against him. But he insisted that whatever was stolen from the treasury must be returned,” the source said.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/08/10/details-of-buharis-meeting-with-jonathan-revealed/

1 Like

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by huntila(m): 10:03am On Jan 17, 2016
POLITRICKS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 17, 2016
Buhari and APC left governance to lies, propagand and deceit which have resulted in econmic woes to the masses.

The only thing buhari will acheive is gossip, blackmail and propaganda.

Hello Nigeria!!!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by ejiinii: 10:21am On Jan 17, 2016
Jonathan can never be in a fix Buhari is just embarrassing himself if he knows what he is doing let him take dasuki to court and see how he will be embarrassed

TonyeBarcanista:

What a fix..

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arms Scandal: Buhari Ready To Listen To Jonathan - Femi Adesina by looseweight: 10:22am On Jan 17, 2016
This really a fix.

PMB should move with caution on either bringing GEJ into the drama. It might get messier because his geopolitical zone will kick..

IamIAMLOOSEWEIGHT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Orders Mass Sackings At Budget Office / Samaila Inusa: Army Offers N1Million Reward For Information On Kidnapped Colonel / Why Some Of Us In APC Don't Attack Atiku - Garba Adamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.