Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,185 members, 7,811,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. (3591 Views)

"What My Mother's Pastor Said About Dangote That Made Me Walk Out Of Church" / Daddy Freeze: "Pastor Said I Will Die In 24 Months Over Tithe, Free The Sheeple" / My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by cardoctor(m): 10:54am On Jan 17, 2016
In church today my pastor said during offering time that "Prayer is not the key to receiving financial blesings. Giving is". Does that mean that we shouldn't pray but give instead. How true is it? Please kindly advice me.
Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by myfantasies(f): 10:56am On Jan 17, 2016
Ur pastor is a smart man grin

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by minifuworld: 10:59am On Jan 17, 2016
end time pastor
Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by cold(m): 11:26am On Jan 17, 2016
Of course he's right. Prayer serves no useful purpose. But giving? Yeah giving is everything because god needs your money to generate interest. It's the interest that is now converted to blessings. If you don't top up your phone,you can't make calls. Same way if you don't give,you can't make calls to heaven. So give..give..give. God needs money to complete his projects. Would you rather live in an uncompleted mansion in heaven? Think about it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by plaetton: 11:49am On Jan 17, 2016
Yes indeed.

Prayers can pay the mortgage for god.
God has a huge mortgage to pay on the big universe, all that vast real estate.

With salaries for his host of angels, and Satan on a permanent retainership, god needs all the giving he can get.
Heck, that's why he created humans in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:51am On Jan 17, 2016
cardoctor:
In church today my pastor said during offering time that "Prayer is not the key to receiving financial blesings. Giving is". Does that mean that we shouldn't pray but give instead. How true is it? Please kindly advice me.

Please both are needed

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by superior1: 11:52am On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:
Yes indeed.

Prayers can pay the mortgage for god.
God has a huge mortgage to pay on the big universe, all that vast real estate.

With salaries for his host of angels, and Satan on a permanent retainership, god needs all the giving he can get.
Heck, that's why he created humans in the first place.

That's suppose to be funny, right?
Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by superior1: 11:54am On Jan 17, 2016
cardoctor:

While that maybe right, did he also tell you it is God that gives without sorrow?
Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by plaetton: 11:57am On Jan 17, 2016
superior1:

That's suppose to be funny, right?

I should be asking you and the hordes of Pentecostal fraudsters who will today rob the masses of billions of hardearned money on behalf of god.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by plaetton: 11:59am On Jan 17, 2016
superior1:

While that maybe right, did he also tell you it is God that gives without sorrow?

What does god need money for?
Pray tell.

You sound like one of those pentecostal fraudsters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by superior1: 12:00pm On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

Pray tell.

Do you have a source for your claim or is your claim valid because you thought it was?
Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:03pm On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

Pray tell.

To build and maintain the church , to help the poor , for evangelical works . You can join wifey and kids next Sunday to understand how the Church works
Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by plaetton: 12:32pm On Jan 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

To build and maintain the church , to help the poor , for evangelical works . You can join wifey and kids next Sunday to understand how the Church works
That's the same lie that every church fraudster tells.

If it was so simple, there would Little doubts.

Accounting 101.

Church takes in $500,000 a month on offerings, tithes and seed sowing. Fine.

Church pays for rent or mortgage on property.
Electricity bills, phone bills etc.
Church pays salaries of fulltime or part time pastor or pastors.
Church pays salaries for full time church workers.

Church pays for printing tracts, other sundry expenses.

Church pays monthly or weekly charity programs.

Church total expenses for the month= $200,000

Church has and average montly surplus of $300,000.

Church makes this financial record available to every member every month and posts it on their website.

Now, tell me what is wrong with that picture?
, and then tell us any Pentecostal church in Nigeria where this is practiced.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by superior1: 12:35pm On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

Accounting 101.

Church makes this financial record available to every member every month and posts it on their website.

From where did you get this statement, your imagination?
Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:35pm On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

Accounting 101.

Osheey public liability company grin
Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by cardoctor(m): 12:39pm On Jan 17, 2016
Its so good to hear everyone's opinion. My offerings every Sunday is a five figure sum. I won't change it for less but would rather increase it as long as it goes towards meeting the needs of the church and reaching out to those who need help.

I still believe that prayer is the master key to getting answers from God. I remember when I never had any money to give as offering but God still provided for my financial needs.

On the other hand, giving is compelling God to provide for us regardless of what our needs may be in prayers
to him.
Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by plaetton: 12:41pm On Jan 17, 2016
superior1:

From where did you get this statement, your imagination?

Listen buddy.
If you are too lazy or too daft to follow and contribute meaningfully with an argument, I suggest you just sit and watch.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by superior1: 12:45pm On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

Listen buddy.
If you are too lazy to contribute meaningfully with an argument, I suggest you just sit and watch.

Are you arguing or displaying stupidity?, you gave a breakdown of a suppose church expenditure and I ask for the source, how does that constitute laziness?....if you want to validate your stand on Christianity, why wont you provide valid facts?
Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by plaetton: 12:50pm On Jan 17, 2016
superior1:

Are you arguing or displaying stupidity?, you gave a breakdown of a suppose church expenditure and I ask for the source, how does that constitute laziness?....if you want to validate your stand on Christianity, why wont you provide valid facts?

If you were smart enough, you would have easily figured out that I was using a hypothetical account to show kingebukasblog how a church Finance should be in any civilized society.

Who is being the idi.ot here?

You are not compelled to post if you don't comprehend or have something meaningful to contribute.

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by superior1: 12:56pm On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

If you were smart enough, you would figured that I was using a hypothetical account to show kingebukasblog how a church Finance should be in any civilized society.

Who is being the idi.ot here?

You are not compelled to post if you don't comprehend or have something meaningful to contribute.

Hypothesizing from what data?, how do you define civilized society, where is the empirical research upon which you based the template of measurement on, how can you make comparison from non existent fact, you are a dunce!!!

And young man, you are on with someone who has got a graduate degree in econometrics, just you know
Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:00pm On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

My church actually gives the congregation an account of expenses made during Crusades . If there is an equipment badly needed and the church has run outta cash , the pastor calls upon anyone to help provide or help with funds during the Sunday Service .

Clean .

I think you've been going to the wrong churches those years

Would you give a good church a chance to clear you off your doubts ? wink
Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by plaetton: 1:05pm On Jan 17, 2016
superior1:

Hypothesizing from what data?, how do you define civilized society, where is the empirical research upon which you based the template of measurement on, how can you make comparison from non existent fact, you are a dunce!!!

And young man, you are on with someone who has got a graduate degree in econometrics, just you know

I always laugh when idiots come here to brag about their degrees.
How how does your graduate degree excuse or mitigate the very low comprehension skills you have displayed thus far ?

I am sad that you are good posterboy for the sorry state of our educational system.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by plaetton: 1:10pm On Jan 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

My church actually gives the congregation an account of expenses made during Crusades . If there is an equipment badly needed and the church has run outta cash , the pastor calls upon anyone to help provide or help with funds during the Sunday Service .

Clean .

I think you've been going to the wrong churches those years

Would you give a good church a chance to clear you off your doubts ? wink

Big laugh.
Crusade expenses? That's all?

Your pastor seems to be fxxing you all in your wallets.

What about a general monthly income and expense account being available for everyone.
If your church is not doing that, its a fraud church.
Simple.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by superior1: 1:14pm On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

I always laugh when idiots come here to brag about their degrees.
How how does your graduate degree excuse or mitigate the very low comprehension skills you have displayed thus far ?

I am sad that you are good posterboy for the sorry state of our educational system.

How did you know we are both products of the same educational system??....arent you very dumb?

Back to subject matter, on what empirical information or source did you based your hypothetical church expenditure structure in civilized society on?
Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:15pm On Jan 17, 2016
plaetton:

Big laugh.
Crusade expenses? That's all?

Your pastor seems to be fxxing you all in your wallets.

What about a general monthly income and expense account being available for everyone.
If your church is not doing that, its a fraud church.
Simple.
So which church does that - makes available to everyone the gmi and expense account ?
Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by superior1: 1:24pm On Jan 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

So which church does that - makes available to everyone the gmi and expense account ?

He cant because the church only exists in his imagination
Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:28pm On Jan 17, 2016
superior1:

He cant because the church only exists in his imagination

lol grin
Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by God2man(m): 1:43pm On Jan 17, 2016
Prosperity is a complex and complicated topic, some will give and get instant breakthrough while some Christians have to deal with sins of their great great grandfathers to the fourth generations by praying and fasting for the blood of Jesus to cleanse them.

It is not easy to explain.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said Prayer Is Not The Key. by plaetton: 5:17pm On Jan 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I know that churches in the UK are , by law, charities.
So they are legally obligated to have their financial statements available to the public.

In USA, church funds belong to the church. But legal loopholes in the IRS make churchprenuers live fat on the sweats of the faithful by allowing pastors to claim their luxurious and ostentatious living as church expenses.
It is is this flawed system that Nigerian churchprenuers easily copied, except that in the case of Nigeria, churches file zero statements to the revenue service.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Angels Have Millions Of Languages? / Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers / Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.