Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers (3614 Views)

I Am Leaving Christianity :-) / Prophet Who Practises Both Islam And Christianity In Kogi (Photos, Videos) / Muslim Girl Converts To Christianity In Jos And It's Causing Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by Nobody: 5:33am On Jan 08, 2019
All over YouTube , in blogs ( including African blogs ) , in citadels of learning , in churches and families , there is a noticeable movement , a sort of religious tremor that has shifted peoples minds from faith and fear to reason and courage. Let’s call it the modern age of reason and logic.

People are becoming more inquisitive about their faith and are appalled by the crookery and deceitfullness of church leaders. The cruelty of Christians to their own and to others has not gone unnoticed and many of us can now see the wood from the trees.

Christianity has not cured evil or saved man , in fact it has often times contributed to man’s pain. Many pray to Jesus and he does not answer , many hold onto the promises of Jesus but he does not fulfil them. Many call to Jesus but it appears he cannot hear them.

Jesus has been unable to save the marrriages of his followers ( same rate of divorce as the ‘unbeliever’ ) . Jesus has not returned hundred fold of lands ,cars , houses , brothers and sisters to all those who forsook all for him.

Many of Jesus followers are in mental institutions hearing voices but he does not heal them. Many of his followers beat themselves because of guilt and sin but Jesus does not deliver. How can he deliver when his adherents commit the most sins ?

Are your surprised why people are leaving Christianity ? Why did you leave Christianity ? Do you see yourself remaining a Christian in 2019?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:35am On Jan 08, 2019
We Guess they are only leaving from your living room to your bedroom!
Rubbish thread!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:36am On Jan 08, 2019
Many of Jesus followers are in mental institutions hearing voices but he does not heal them. Many of his followers beat themselves because of guilt and sin but Jesus does not deliver.

Take it...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by Nobody: 5:39am On Jan 08, 2019
post=74552157:
Many of Jesus followers are in mental institutions hearing voices but he does not heal them. Many of his followers beat themselves because of guilt and sin but Jesus does not deliver.

Take it...
ITS TOO EARLY TO DISPLAY UR FOOLISHNESS

6 Likes

Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:41am On Jan 08, 2019
miracood:
ITS TOO EARLY TO DISPLAY UR FOOLISHNESS
Only a foolish person can say this!
Child of perdition!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by Nobody: 5:55am On Jan 08, 2019
post=74552201:
Only a foolish person can say this! Child of perdition!
A PRODUCT OF ISLAM IZ NOT HARD TO SPOT

3 Likes

Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:57am On Jan 08, 2019
This Child of Lucifer simply needs Jesus! cheesy wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by Immanuels7(m): 6:40am On Jan 08, 2019
Wow.. thats true. but ask yourself, why is it that even after Paul Enenche built 100,000 seater church auditorium, it us still not enough as thousands more still troop to that church! It can only be God!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by Originakalokalo(m): 6:46am On Jan 08, 2019
It is a figment of your imagination.

Yes, the devil is all out to deceive people and strip them of their Faith....

Jesus said... If I come back to the world, WILL I FIND FAITH?

He had seen into the far world and saw the activities of men...

But I tell you, many many more are entering into the ark of salvation....Far more than the few that are living.

At everyone, this thread is a very cheap ploy to convince you out of your faith in Jesus...

"Many are living oooo" "Intelligent ones are living oooo" "smart ones are living now oooo"....

If posts like this make you loose your faith in Jesus,

You don't have that faith in the first place.

These people are out.... They are only looking for supporters.
Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by ochibuogwu5: 7:46am On Jan 08, 2019
any human being who leaves Christianity has *never encountered the GRACE OF JESUS CHRIST*
THE POWER OF JESUS CHRIST GRACE:
As Jesus Christ speaks to us in his gospels/Scriptures, something precedes his truth to make us *understand, believe and compel us to use/act/obey* on his word AND THAT THING IS *GRACE*
The Grace of GOD does not just allow you hear the words of the sound gospel by *informing you* rather *it forcefully compels you to obey and practice righteousness with effortless input/ease*
Grace is what makes a Christian to willingly obey God's righteous standards from *within* without anybody in the *external telling you what to do and what not to do*

Any gospel that is not preceded by Grace will only *kill a man's soul* just like *hearing the law of Moses* and later leave him/her more *hardened in committing sin*
hence we need to always ask the Holy Spirit to fill his words that we study and preach with *his grace* so that we shall always be *compelled to obey* every instruction from the Holy Spirit for our lives *to the end* thus "the grace of GOD *teaches us* to live upright, Godly and self-controlled life in this generation(2019)..." {Titus 2:11-12}
If you care to know whether it is truth; ask JESUS CHRIST TO RELEASE HIS GRACE UPON YOU OR ANYBODY who has left Christianity or intends to leave Christianity.
You can also check on youtube for *gbile akanni* messages, listen to them and come back hear to give your response.
MAY THE HOLY SPIRIT MANIFEST IN EVERY HUMAN BEING ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO ARE AT THE VERGE OF LOOSING THEIR SOULS TO ETERNAL DAMNATION WITH THE GRACE OF JESUS CHRIST. AMEN.
Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by truefact: 8:06am On Jan 08, 2019
post=74552353:
This Child of Lucifer simply needs Jesus! cheesy wink
If u have Jesus you will not be a si(n)lly zombie
Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:10am On Jan 08, 2019
You too above needs Jesus......

Repent from your criminal activities.
Crime doesn't pay.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 08, 2019
post=74552144:
We Guess they are only leaving from your living room to your bedroom!
Rubbish thread!
"When a debate is lost,slander becomes a tool of the vanquish"

Get a life

8 Likes

Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:39am On Jan 08, 2019
Silence is the best answer........

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by desiredhome: 9:57am On Jan 08, 2019
Immanuels7:
Wow.. thats true. but ask yourself, why is it that even after Paul Enenche built 100,000 seater church auditorium, it us still not enough as thousands more still troop to that church! It can only be God!

How has that reduced or remove Nigeria from being the world capital of poverty?
If poverty can make someone sell their right to politician for 1k, imagine how poor is the person, both phisical and mental poverty.

Because Nigerians can not think for themselves, they like deceit so they can buy any lie.
The truth is people are getting aware of this scam and in time to come the differences will be clear

7 Likes

Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by Dantedasz(m): 10:58am On Jan 08, 2019
1.The internet has made research materials open to all. You don't need to visit a library to get access to knowledge like in the past.
2. As more people access the internet and read things that were once hidden,they will continue to ask questions about religion. As they access the internet, people will begin to think and critique religion and expose religion for the astounding rubbish it truly is.
3. Religions are being abandoned by their adherents like rats abandoning a sinking ship Personally I feel that religion will disappear and die a natural death over the next 100 years. The religionists know this because the writing is on the wall, although many of them are still in denial.
4.Religion is tottering on its last feet like a punch drunk boxer. It is only a matter of time. grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 08, 2019
Immanuels7:

Who is Paul Enenche ? Another SCAMMER with his hypnotised sheep ? They are fair weather friends; the church will soon be empty !!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by Uyi168: 11:40am On Jan 08, 2019
post=74552157:

Take it...
So u self na follower of Christ..
Wonders..

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by Uyi168: 11:41am On Jan 08, 2019
It's very simple..
No lie lasts forever..
Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by Uyi168: 11:43am On Jan 08, 2019
ochibuogwu5:
any human being who leaves Christianity has *never encountered the GRACE OF JESUS CHRIST*
THE POWER OF JESUS CHRIST GRACE:
As Jesus Christ speaks to us in his gospels/Scriptures, something precedes his truth to make us *understand, believe and compel us to use/act/obey* on his word AND THAT THING IS *GRACE*
The Grace of GOD does not just allow you hear the words of the sound gospel by *informing you* rather *it forcefully compels you to obey and practice righteousness with effortless input/ease*
Grace is what makes a Christian to willingly obey God's righteous standards from *within* without anybody in the *external telling you what to do and what not to do*

Any gospel that is not preceded by Grace will only *kill a man's soul* just like *hearing the law of Moses* and later leave him/her more *hardened in committing sin*
hence we need to always ask the Holy Spirit to fill his words that we study and preach with *his grace* so that we shall always be *compelled to obey* every instruction from the Holy Spirit for our lives *to the end* thus "the grace of GOD *teaches us* to live upright, Godly and self-controlled life in this generation(2019)..." {Titus 2:11-12}
If you care to know whether it is truth; ask JESUS CHRIST TO RELEASE HIS GRACE UPON YOU OR ANYBODY who has left Christianity or intends to leave Christianity.
You can also check on youtube for *gbile akanni* messages, listen to them and come back hear to give your response.
MAY THE HOLY SPIRIT MANIFEST IN EVERY HUMAN BEING ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO ARE AT THE VERGE OF LOOSING THEIR SOULS TO ETERNAL DAMNATION WITH THE GRACE OF JESUS CHRIST. AMEN.
No true scotman fallacy..
No true Christian leaves Christianity..
No true Muslim leaves Islam..
And the delusions continue..

4 Likes

Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by CAPSLOCKED: 11:49am On Jan 08, 2019
Originakalokalo:

It is a figment of your imagination.

Yes, the devil is all out to deceive people and strip them of their Faith....

Jesus said... If I come back to the world, WILL I FIND FAITH?

everyone, this thread is a very cheap ploy to convince you out of your faith in Jesus...

"Many are living oooo" "Intelligent ones are living oooo" "smart ones are living now oooo"....

If posts like this make you loose your faith in Jesus,

You don't have that faith in the first place.

DEMANDING BELIEF AND FAITH INSTEAD OF FACTS AND EVIDENCE IS THE ACT OF DESPERATE LIARS.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by Originakalokalo(m): 12:15pm On Jan 08, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

DEMANDING BELIEF AND FAITH INSTEAD OF FACTS AND EVIDENCE IS THE ACT OF DESPERATE LIARS.

To you.

To me, Faith is needed to please God.
Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 08, 2019
Originakalokalo:

To you.

To me, Faith is needed to please God.

What is faith ?

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen " - Hebrews 11:1

Literally , this means faith is equal to walking BLINDLY and HOPING that your belief is right . No evidence , just some book written by an anonymous author 2000 years ago - a book that was withheld from your ancestors for over a 1000 years - so much for Love.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by Originakalokalo(m): 12:29pm On Jan 08, 2019
frosbel2:

What is faith ?

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen " - Hebrews 11:1

Literally , this means faith is equal to walking BLINDLY and HOPING that your belief is right . No evidence , just some book written by an anonymous author 2000 years ago - a book that was withheld from your ancestors for over a 1000 years - so much for Love.

Loud noise of TOTAL IGNORANCE.

God is a spirit. Anyone who will worship him must do so in spirit and in truth....

You should go and look for "evidence " for the existence of a spirit .

Preaching to me is a total waste of time...

It's like trying to convince Adeboye that there is no God.

I am only here to destroy your works.... You and your likes.

...and your works shall be destroyed .

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by aadoiza: 12:39pm On Jan 08, 2019
Dantedasz:
1.The internet has made research materials open to all. You don't need to visit a library to get access to knowledge like in the past.
2. As more people access the internet and read things that were once hidden,they will continue to ask questions about religion. As they access the internet, people will begin to think and critique religion and expose religion for the astounding rubbish it truly is.
3. Religions are being abandoned by their adherents like rats abandoning a sinking ship Personally I feel that religion will disappear and die a natural death over the next 100 years. The religionists know this because the writing is on the wall, although many of them are still in denial.
4.Religion is tottering on its last feet like a punch drunk boxer. It is only a matter of time. grin
I like this, but your research is only halfway through. Dig deeper to see the true end result.
Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by Originakalokalo(m): 12:45pm On Jan 08, 2019
Let me show you all a mystery.

If you seek God by faith, and draw closer closer everyday,

HE WILL REVEAL HIMSELF TO YOU.

then, the evidence that will keep you going for life will be shown to you.

I have a lot of evidence....

Heartwarming ones.

I will still get more, like that of Paul, etc.

God said..... Draw closer to me and I WILL DRAW CLOSER TO YOU. ..

WHEN THIS HAPPENS, YOU GET YOUR EVIDENCE...

All these atheists are IGNORANT AND EMPTY.

I TELL YOU.
Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 08, 2019
Originakalokalo:

Loud noise of TOTAL IGNORANCE.

God is a spirit. Anyone who will worship him must do so in spirit and in truth....

You should go and look for "evidence " for the existence of a spirit .

Preaching to me is a total waste of time...

It's like trying to convince Adeboye that there is no God.

I am only here to destroy your works.... You and your likes.

...and your works shall be destroyed .

Destroy my works ? Am I the devil ? grin grin

Mr, I will sit you down and teach you the bible from cover to cover - it is a book riddled with fabrications, errors, political interpolations and some truth. Reading what another man wrote without analysing it is a recipe for chaos, confusion and heart ache.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by OpenYourEyes1: 1:17pm On Jan 08, 2019
Dantedasz:

You kids are too brainwashed.
The gospel of Jesus Christ is going nowhere until the word of God is fulfilled. Atheism has been with us for thousands of years yet it is still not the dominant belief . It is for shallow minded people.

Christians will eventually suffer persecution- this is sure. Many will abandon God for new age religion. . They will be transformed by their chosen satanic system. The word of God will definitely be banned. Before they realized the truth It will be too late. They will run up and down seeking for God's Word but won't find it.

You little minded folks have no idea what is coming.
Your obsession with Christianity is suspicious.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by Originakalokalo(m): 1:22pm On Jan 08, 2019
frosbel2:

Destroy my works ? Am I the devil ? grin grin

Mr, I will sit you down and teach you the bible from cover to cover - it is a book riddled with fabrications, errors, political interpolations and some truth. Reading what another man wrote without analysing it is a recipe for chaos, confusion and heart ache.

There is good and evil.

I am working for the Almighty God.

Who are you working for?
Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by Dantedasz(m): 2:10pm On Jan 08, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

You kids are too brainwashed.
The gospel of Jesus Christ is going nowhere until the word of God is fulfilled. Atheism has been with us for thousands of years yet it is still not the dominant belief . It is for shallow minded people.

Christians will eventually suffer persecution- this is sure. Many will abandon God for new age religion. . They will be transformed by their chosen satanic system. The word of God will definitely be banned. Before they realized the truth It will be too late. They will run up and down seeking for God's Word but won't find it.

You little minded folks have no idea what is coming.
Your obsession with Christianity is suspicious.

I take exception to your condescending tone. Who are you calling a kid?
I bet my first son is older than you. Don't come at me with that kind of tone of thinking every one who has left religion is on a youthful fad.If you want to talk to me please be civil about it.
Now if you want to have a civil debate let's have one.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by Martinez19(m): 2:13pm On Jan 08, 2019
Immanuels7:
There have always been atheists, the sudden spread of Internet suddenly made it look like a lot of people are leaving christianity everyday. Though the Internet made more people leave but it's not as much as it seems. People are still foolish today.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers by Ihedinobi3: 5:43pm On Jan 08, 2019
People have always left Christianity, frosbel2. In John 6, they left the Lord Jesus Himself in droves despite having just eaten miraculous food that He gave to them and, even more, hearing sublime Words of Truth without equal as well.

But, in a few short years, they will desert in unprecedented numbers such as to make wannabe insights like yours seem like foolishness.

The Lord Jesus never promised that following Him would be popular. Quite the opposite. In a pain-filled world, He is blamed for the pain. In the future, when He rules over the whole world and makes the planet a perfectly beautiful and just place to live in, He will be hated for His "high-handedness".

So, if the fact that people leave the Faith is news to you, then one must ask what you were seeing when you read the Bible in the past.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Odumeje: Remembering The Days And Times Of Eddie Okeke (eddy Na Nawgu) / Bishop Oyedepo’s Daughter Joys Oyedepo Gets Married (PHOTOS) / Does Allah Love Pigs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.