Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? (2347 Views)

Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri / Can You Answer These Bible Questions? Try Let's See. / 10 Bible Verses On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by DeathStroke007(m): 8:00am On Jan 18, 2016
2nd Samuel Verse 22..7-20
2 Samuel 22:7 In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears. 22:8 Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations of heaven moved and shook, because he was wroth. 22:9 There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it. 22:10 He bowed the heavens also, and came down; and darkness was under his feet. 22:11 And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: and he was seen upon the wings of the wind. 22:12 And he made darkness pavilions round about him, dark waters, and thick clouds of the skies. 22:13 Through the brightness before him were coals of fire kindled. 22:14 The LORD thundered from heaven, and the most High uttered his voice. 22:15 And he sent out arrows, and scattered them; lightning, and discomfited them. 22:16 And the channels of the sea appeared, the foundations of the world were discovered, at the rebuking of the LORD, at the blast of the breath of his nostrils. 22:17 He sent from above, he took me; he drew me out of many waters; 22:18 He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them that hated me: for they were too strong for me. 22:19 They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the LORD was my stay. 22:20 He brought me forth also into a large place: he delivered me, because he delighted in me.
imagine the blasphemous words against GOD.. and yet fools believe this is word of GOD...
Psalms 78:65...
Psalms 78:65 Then the LORD awaked as one out of sleep, and like a mighty man that shouteth by reason of wine.
imagine... see this blasphemous word against GOD our creator.. and some fools think this piece of poo is word of GOD...
Genesis 2:2
Genesis 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Imagine... God rested!!!
Bible also attributed 3 father's to Jesus... what an amazing nonsense
Matthew 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the HOLY GHOST.
1:19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily.
1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the HOLY GHOST.
John 3:16 For GOD so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
3:17 For GOD sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by DeathStroke007(m): 8:04am On Jan 18, 2016
make you people quote Mark 11 verse 26 from NIV bible... am waiting o...

this is blasphemous.... why would this verse be removed from the acclaimed Bible as word of God
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by DeathStroke007(m): 8:06am On Jan 18, 2016
which church did Jesus belong to when he was alive??

if your god, your salvation doesn't belong to any church... y you people have many churches
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by DeathStroke007(m): 8:08am On Jan 18, 2016
Thou shall not KILL, why would GOD KILL HIS only alleged son according to bible just to save SINNERS?

Why didn't GOD tell Jesus to preach to those SINNERS to repent?
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by DeathStroke007(m): 8:10am On Jan 18, 2016
Matthew 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
27:54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

laughing.... zombie apocalypse movie in bible.. what a great story!!
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by chakula: 8:11am On Jan 18, 2016
@post above me.
Until his second coming he will mention the church he belongs to.
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by DeathStroke007(m): 8:13am On Jan 18, 2016
22. "Men of Israel, listen to these words. Eashoa the Nazarene,* Man from* Allaha, appeared among you with powers and signs and great deeds, these which Allaha performed among you by His hand, as you have seen,*
23. "To this One, whom He chose for this [mission,] through His Omniscience* and Divine will, you betrayed with deliberate intent,* and you crucified and killed him.
24. "Allaha, however, raised him and untied the bindings* of Sheol, for Sheol could not restrain him.

ACT 2 VERSE 22-24 ....quoted from original bible.. Aramaic bible.. proves that Jesus WASN'T CRUCIFIED OR KILLED NOR IS HE DEAD..

HEBREW 5:7-8...RSV
Hebrews 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

ANOTHER PROOF THAT Jesus WASN'T CRUCIFIED NOR HE DIED

Psalms 91:10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. 91:11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. 91:12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. 91:13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. 91:14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. 91:15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. 91:16 With long life: will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

PSALMS 91: 10-16...ALSO PROVES THAT Jesus WASN'T KILLED NOR CRUCIFIED...

Isaiah 52:13 Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high.

ANOTHER PROOF THAT Jesus WASN'T KILLED NOR CRUCIFIED...

and you believe he died for your sins... laughing
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by DeathStroke007(m): 8:15am On Jan 18, 2016
3 SHAKY FACTS ABOUT BIBLE....

1. IF THE SON OF MARY WAS MENTIONED BY NAME IN HEBREW AS YUSKHA, SO HOW DID THE NAME Jesus COME ABOUT? THERE WAS NO ENGLISH GOSPEL AT THAT TIME OF THE CLAIMED Jesus

2. BARABBAS IS A GREEK NOUN WHICH MEANS SON OF THE FATHER IN ENGLISH...THAT WAS THE ONE WHO WAS FREED BY THE PILATE FROM PRISON. IF THAT IS THE CASE, THEN WHO WAS THE ONE ON THE CROSS? CHRISTOS? THE TITLE? THE ANOINTED? WHY THE WORD BARABBAS WAS NEVER TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH UP TILL DATE? WHAT IS THE PURPOSE? DO YOU KNOW THAT IN HEBREW AND JEWISH HISTORY THAT THE SON OF MARY USED TO BE CALLED SON OF ABBAS? DO YOU?

3. CAN YOU ATLEAST TELL ME MATTHEW WHOM? MARK WHOM? LUKE WHOM? JOHN WHOM? .....WHO ARE THOSE PEOPLE WHOM TAUGHT THE MOST IMPORTANT STORY OF Jesus FOR MANKIND? THEY NEVER MET Jesus OR ATE WITH HIM.. INTERESTING ISN'T IT? .....

AMAZING ISN'T IT
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by DeathStroke007(m): 8:16am On Jan 18, 2016
John 10:30 I and my Father are one.( Christians say it means Jesus is God)
John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.( means God is greater than him)
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by DeathStroke007(m): 8:17am On Jan 18, 2016
Luke 22:42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup (trouble)from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
22:43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.
22:44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

HE PRAYED TO GOD.. FOR THE PROBLEM(CRUCIFIXION)TO AVERT..

Matthew 26:39 And he went a little farther, and fell on his face(BOW TO GOD JUST LIKE WE MUSLIMS DO), and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

HE PRAYED TO GOD... FOR THE PROBLEM(CRUCIFIXION) TO AVERT

Hebrews 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

HIS PRAYERS ANSWERED....
CHRISTIANS, HOW COME Jesus DIED FOR YOUR SINS OOOOOOOOO...

Matthew 3:10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 18, 2016
I m sure you have read the length and breadth of the bible. Therefore you must have come across the part that says some people are made not to ever understand the Word and are set out for destruction. Just see yourself as one of those people. Nothing can be done to salvage your soul. If you like join your brothers in suicide bombing or live till a thousand years criticizing the bible, your destination is hell.

Note: I ld however advise you to take the former advice and blow up yourself together with infidels by that way your brothers would be proud of you and you ll go to hell faster.

2 Likes

Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by Annunaki(m): 2:12pm On Jan 18, 2016
The whole Quoran is not only blasphemous but it is an heretic abomination to God. Only satan itself could have inspired such an evil book.
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by Scholar8200(m): 3:15pm On Jan 18, 2016
DeathStroke007:
make you people quote Mark 11 verse 26 from NIV bible... am waiting o...

this is blasphemous.... why would this verse be removed from the acclaimed Bible as word of God
Ask the producers of that version. (A caveat on them has been on for some time now perhaps you did not see it.). Many versions are still faithful to the source.
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by DeathStroke007(m): 3:16pm On Jan 18, 2016
Scholar8200:
Ask the producers of that version. (A caveat on them has been on for some time now perhaps you did not see it.). Many versions are still faithful to the source.

lol
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by Scholar8200(m): 3:17pm On Jan 18, 2016
DeathStroke007:
which church did Jesus belong to when he was alive??

if your god, your salvation doesn't belong to any church... y you people have many churches
You appear to mistake the building to be the church. That is wrong.

And I tell you, you are [e]Peter [Greek, Petros—a large piece of rock], and on this rock [Greek, petra—a [f]huge rock like Gibraltar] I will build My church, and the gates of Hades (the powers of the [g]infernal region) shall [h]not overpower it [or be strong to its detriment or hold out against it].
Matthew 16:18 spoken by Jesus
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by Scholar8200(m): 3:18pm On Jan 18, 2016
DeathStroke007:
Thou shall not KILL, why would GOD KILL HIS only alleged son according to bible just to save SINNERS?

Why didn't GOD tell Jesus to preach to those SINNERS to repent?

Let's start from here. What is the purpose of the animal sacrifices in the OT?
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by Scholar8200(m): 3:19pm On Jan 18, 2016
DeathStroke007:
Matthew 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
27:54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

laughing.... zombie apocalypse movie in bible.. what a great story!!
There have been many, you wont be the first, nor the last.
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by DeathStroke007(m): 3:19pm On Jan 18, 2016
Scholar8200:
You appear to mistake the building to be the church. That is wrong.

And I tell you, you are [e]Peter [Greek, Petros—a large piece of rock], and on this rock [Greek, petra—a [f]huge rock like Gibraltar] I will build My church, and the gates of Hades (the powers of the [g]infernal region) shall [h]not overpower it [or be strong to its detriment or hold out against it].
Matthew 16:18 spoken by Jesus

Wahala wa o.. so Jesus knew hades? Do you know that hades is a greek god?.. and the translation of the word translated into Church is CONGREGATION
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by Scholar8200(m): 3:20pm On Jan 18, 2016
DeathStroke007:

and the translation of the word translated into Church is CONGREGATION
So why are you asking which Church Jesus belonged to as though church=denominational building?
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by DeathStroke007(m): 3:20pm On Jan 18, 2016
Scholar8200:
There have been many, you wont be the first, nor the last.

many? are you saying am telling lies against Bible or what?
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by DeathStroke007(m): 3:21pm On Jan 18, 2016
Scholar8200:
Let's start from here. What is the purpose of the animal sacrifices in the OT?

you tell me..
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by DeathStroke007(m): 3:22pm On Jan 18, 2016
Scholar8200:
So why are you asking which Church Jesus belonged to as though church=denominational building?

because church and congregation are very two different things.. every Christian belong to a church.. while jesus never belonged or start any church
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by Scholar8200(m): 3:33pm On Jan 18, 2016
DeathStroke007:
22. "Men of Israel, listen to these words. Eashoa the Nazarene,* Man from* Allaha, appeared among you with powers and signs and great deeds, these which Allaha performed among you by His hand, as you have seen,*
23. "To this One, whom He chose for this [mission,] through His Omniscience* and Divine will, you betrayed with deliberate intent,* and you crucified and killed him.
24. "Allaha, however, raised him and untied the bindings* of Sheol, for Sheol could not restrain him.

ACT 2 VERSE 22-24 ....quoted from original bible.. Aramaic bible.. proves that Jesus WASN'T CRUCIFIED OR KILLED NOR IS HE DEAD..
So what does the highlighted mean? I hope you noticed it's Sheol not Seoul- the former is not on Earth, the latter is. And where is Sheol? Besides raised Him from where? Their midst? And what does the binding of Sheol mean? Was Sheol the middle name of Pilate then? Did you notice the highlighted?

HEBREW 5:7-8...RSV

ANOTHER PROOF THAT Jesus WASN'T CRUCIFIED NOR HE DIED
Hebrews 13:20
Now may the God of peace--who brought up from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great Shepherd of the sheep, and ratified an eternal covenant with his blood--

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

Hebrews 12:2-4

Since you quoted Hebrews then the above too is from the same book. Do you believe them too?

Psalms 91:10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. 91:11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. 91:12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. 91:13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. 91:14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. 91:15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. 91:16 With long life: will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
The only person who applied this verse to Jesus was the devil! It is not a Messianic psalm!!!

Isaiah 52:13 Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high.

ANOTHER PROOF THAT Jesus WASN'T KILLED NOR CRUCIFIED...

and you believe he died for your sins... laughing
That same servant is mentioned in Isaiah 53:6-9,11

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

He actually died!
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by DeathStroke007(m): 3:38pm On Jan 18, 2016
Scholar8200:
So what does the highlighted mean? I hope you noticed it's Sheol not Seoul- the former is not on Earth, the latter is. And where is Sheol? Besides raised Him from where? Their midst? And what does the binding of Sheol mean? Was Sheol the middle name of Pilate then? Did you notice the highlighted?

Hebrews 13:20
Now may the God of peace--who brought up from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great Shepherd of the sheep, and ratified an eternal covenant with his blood--

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

Hebrews 12:2-4

Since you quoted Hebrews then the above too is from the same book. Do you believe them too?

The only person who applied this verse to Jesus was the devil! It is not a Messianic psalm!!!

That same servant is mentioned in Isaiah 53:6-9,11

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

He actually died!

this one is strong... eleyi gidi gaaan.. well, believe what you want to believe.. av explained and pointed you to the right direction but you seem to prefer to keep deceiving yourself
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by Scholar8200(m): 3:38pm On Jan 18, 2016
DeathStroke007:
3 SHAKY FACTS ABOUT BIBLE....

1. IF THE SON OF MARY WAS MENTIONED BY NAME IN HEBREW AS YUSKHA, SO HOW DID THE NAME Jesus COME ABOUT? THERE WAS NO ENGLISH GOSPEL AT THAT TIME OF THE CLAIMED Jesus
And how did Oshea change to Joshua? Do you know? How did Elisha change to Eliseus, and Elijah to Elias?

2. BARABBAS IS A GREEK NOUN WHICH MEANS SON OF THE FATHER IN ENGLISH...THAT WAS THE ONE WHO WAS FREED BY THE PILATE FROM PRISON. IF THAT IS THE CASE, THEN WHO WAS THE ONE ON THE CROSS? CHRISTOS? THE TITLE? THE ANOINTED? WHY THE WORD BARABBAS WAS NEVER TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH UP TILL DATE? WHAT IS THE PURPOSE? DO YOU KNOW THAT IN HEBREW AND JEWISH HISTORY THAT THE SON OF MARY USED TO BE CALLED SON OF ABBAS? DO YOU?
Quote that history let's see! Besides, there was an open choice between Jesus and another criminal held for insurrection. This claims will hold water if only Jesus stood for the trial.

3. CAN YOU ATLEAST TELL ME MATTHEW WHOM? MARK WHOM? LUKE WHOM? JOHN WHOM? .....WHO ARE THOSE PEOPLE WHOM TAUGHT THE MOST IMPORTANT STORY OF Jesus FOR MANKIND? THEY NEVER MET Jesus OR ATE WITH HIM.. INTERESTING ISN'T IT? .....
To your opinion, you are entitled.
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by Scholar8200(m): 3:40pm On Jan 18, 2016
DeathStroke007:
John 10:30 I and my Father are one.( Christians say it means Jesus is God)
John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.( means God is greater than him)
At this point, the Word had been made flesh hence I find it preposterous when folks request for where He declared: I AM GOD!
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by Scholar8200(m): 3:45pm On Jan 18, 2016
DeathStroke007:
Luke 22:42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup (trouble)from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
22:43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.
22:44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

HE PRAYED TO GOD.. FOR THE PROBLEM(CRUCIFIXION)TO AVERT..
That's not true. He already said to His disciples:

Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

Luke 18:31-33

Matthew 26:39 And he went a little farther, and fell on his face(BOW TO GOD JUST LIKE WE MUSLIMS DO), and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

HE PRAYED TO GOD... FOR THE PROBLEM(CRUCIFIXION) TO AVERT

HIS PRAYERS ANSWERED....
CHRISTIANS, HOW COME Jesus DIED FOR YOUR SINS OOOOOOOOO...
This was not the first time Christ prayed at night. He did so before selecting the 12. This was the final phase of His earthly ministry and the very thought of separation from the Father was unbearable hence the prayer hence the strengthening by the angel.

Matthew 3:10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.[/quote]
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by DeathStroke007(m): 3:46pm On Jan 18, 2016
Scholar8200:
At this point, the Word had been made flesh hence I find it preposterous when folks request for where He declared: I AM GOD!

chai.. see how you turn contradiction into the claim that Jesus never did claim.. ok.. lets assume your claim is right... if he's god . Who is he praying to? if he's god, why call himself son of god and servant of god
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 18, 2016
Interesting to note the Bible speaks of using the sword well over 400 times. Yet the word sword isn't even mentioned once in Quran.
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by DeathStroke007(m): 3:48pm On Jan 18, 2016
Scholar8200:
That's not true. He already said to His disciples:

Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

Luke 18:31-33

This was not the first time Christ prayed at night. He did so before selecting the 12. This was the final phase of His earthly ministry and the very thought of separation from the Father was unbearable hence the prayer hence the strengthening by the angel.

Matthew 3:10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

if it's true? why did he pray to God to save him from the gentiles?
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by Scholar8200(m): 3:48pm On Jan 18, 2016
DeathStroke007:

because church and congregation are very two different things.. every Christian belong to a church.. while jesus never belonged or start any church
Besides, show me where you got that Church = Congregation from. It is wrong!
Re: Isn't These Bible Verses Blasphemous? by Scholar8200(m): 3:50pm On Jan 18, 2016
DeathStroke007:

if it's true? why did he pray to God to save him from the gentiles?
On the cross, the real death took place: Separation from God due to sin! From the beginning, He never experienced this hence the prayer, hence the strengthening. That is why when that separation happened, He cried out on the cross and gave up the Ghost shortly!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Was Cain's Wife? Was Cain's Wife His Sister?" / YES MARRIAGE At THE AGE OF 9 Years / Who Is Jehovah?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.