Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,076 members, 7,825,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House (37751 Views)

A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) / Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) / Man Kills African Civet In Umuahia, Abia. Poses With It (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by slimgold123(f): 11:20am On Jan 18, 2016
k
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by zuchyblink(m): 11:21am On Jan 18, 2016
our people don't eat it

1 Like

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by GANJAFARMER: 11:23am On Jan 18, 2016
iPopAlomo:
I would assume you're educated... does these cats look like the cats to kill a human even at night...?! now you shamelessly parade them on nairaland... you'll def get Frontpage... I hope you're happy now...

People neglects the roles these cats play in the ecosystem... get rid of all the cats... then see how rats population would sky rocket...

I wonder how people can get tired of goat meat, cow meat, fish, chicken and Turkey... only to start eating endangered species and they think they are savvy...

It would have been lovely... if you educated the hunters... but again... what do you know...?!
It's disheartening to see how ignorant Nigerians hunt down these wild animals that are becoming extinct for meat.

1 Like

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by slowice(m): 11:23am On Jan 18, 2016
Abeg do you guys live in middle of a forest? When did naija become kenya that wild beasts now roam in our neighbourhood....abi na una leave town go live for bush. How can you occupy a man's house n kill d original owner...my friend go n live whr humans live n stop killing innocent beats at random...I mean we ve enough cow,goat,chicken n they got great taste. That's why I don't patronise bush meat joints or buy bush meat.....folks got to be discouraged frm destroying our wild.....**spit on this thread*** cry embarassed embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by Spybradd: 11:23am On Jan 18, 2016
They just killed the couple who may just be searching for a home..silly peeps
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by samsongbemisola(m): 11:25am On Jan 18, 2016
Sparrow13:
Gradually our wild animals will be wiped out if the government did not do something about it
what did our governmnet did to save thousands human beings wiped out in the north and other parts of the country, humanbeings re not safe you are talking about wild animals. You re right thou but 9ja never reach that level.

1 Like

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by Emekamex(m): 11:28am On Jan 18, 2016
A little part of me dies whenever I see humans wiping out important species all in the guise of hunting. @op do you ever wonder why you spotted them in your house, their habitats are being destroyed on a daily basis by humans; they might actually have been scavenging for food near your compound in order to survive.
I hope we all get to become enlightened and know each species play an important role in the continuous existence of the ecosystem.

1 Like

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by witorwitoutyou(m): 11:30am On Jan 18, 2016
digitsolution:
They are hyenas not civet cats or whatever that means.......
Hyena ko,Amotekun ni

3 Likes

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:30am On Jan 18, 2016
Sparrow13:
Gradually our wild animals will be wiped out if the government did not do something about it
Where is the Government. It's only Government that takes this as a priority and that is when there us a government
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by scholes0(m): 11:32am On Jan 18, 2016
Shame on all of you....
Why are you killing a wild Cat?

Na so hunger dey catch una reach ni?!
Na waa o..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by cococandy(f): 11:39am On Jan 18, 2016
Their fur is lovely
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by Patented: 11:40am On Jan 18, 2016
and they were killed cos?
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by 9ousky: 11:40am On Jan 18, 2016
see correct meat... Its actually called ologede in Yoruba. its intestine is so clean and neat. it feeds on insect and also palm fruits.
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by EromzyH95(m): 11:40am On Jan 18, 2016
Sparrow13:
Sparrow13:
Sparrow13:
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by Bigdreams(m): 11:41am On Jan 18, 2016
Ok o.

Read my signature to download my free report on how to successfully start bulk sms business.
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by Extom(m): 11:41am On Jan 18, 2016
digitsolution:
They are hyenas not civet cats or whatever that means.......
Ode

1 Like

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by BlackBaron: 11:42am On Jan 18, 2016
They look harmless to humans. I wouldn't care if was a snake but c'mon now, it's not every wild thing we see we bludgeon to death.
They also feed on rats, snakes and frogs mainly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66g2LJlaFbQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARiXo_GwteY
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by adeoluolagbegi(m): 11:43am On Jan 18, 2016
@IPOPALOMO WAT IS UR BUSSINESS IF HE KILL IT OR U ARE D ONE DAT TURN TO DOSE CAT.SHHHHHUT UR TRAP
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by blackboythink: 11:44am On Jan 18, 2016
homeboy205:

OGA LEAVETRASHFORLAWMAN

Homeboy205 I think you are foolish. You should be ashamed of your self.
It's an endangered species, I know you didn't do the killing, but you ought to be wiser.
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by 3rdlegxxx(m): 11:45am On Jan 18, 2016
even in 2016, we still have a high rate of ignorance among us, why do we take so much pride in killing innocent species whiteout understanding them, a male and a female, this is heartless, they may have been looking for food and shelter, so sad.
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by Bluezy13(m): 11:45am On Jan 18, 2016
iPopAlomo:

African Civet Predators and Threats Despite being a secretive yet a relatively ferocious predator , the African Civet is actually preyed upon by a number of other predators within their natural environment. Large predatory Cats are the most common predators of the African Civet including Lions and Leopards along with reptiles such as large Snakes and Crocodiles . African Civet populations are also under threat from both habitat loss and deforestation, and have been subject to trophy hunters in the past, across the continent. One of the biggest threats to the African Civet is the want for their musk.
African Civet Interesting Facts and Features The musk secreted by the glands close to the African Civet's reproductive organs has been collected by Humans for hundreds of years. In it's concentrated form, the smell is said to be quite offensive to people, but much more pleasant once diluted. It was this scent that became one of the ingredients in some of the most expensive perfumes in the world (and made the African Civet a well-known African animal). African Civets are known to carry the rabies disease, which is contracted through contact with an already infected animal . The African Civet is also known to use designated areas around it's territory, where it is able to go to the toilet.
African Civet Relationship with Humans Each African Civet secretes up to 4g of musk every week, which is normally collected from African Civets in the wild. However, the capturing and keeping of African Civets for their musk is not unknown and is said to be an incredibly cruel industry. Today, few perfumes still contain actual musk from the glands of an African Civet as many scents today are easily reproduced artificially. Although it is a protected yet not an endangered animal , the African Civet populations have also been severely affected by Human hunters, who hunt these little carnivores to simply add their skin to the trophy cabinet.
African Civet Conservation Status and Life Today Today, the African Civet is under threat from deforestation and therefore drastic loss of much of it's natural habitat . The main reason for such extensive deforestation in the area is either for logging or to clear the land to make way for palm oil plantations. The African Civet is listed as being Least Concern, which means that there is little threat at the moment that the African Civet will become extinct in the near future.
http://a-z-animals.com/animals/african-civet/
Google freak!

Who Civet don help
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 18, 2016
iPopAlomo:
I would assume you're educated... does these cats look like the cats to kill a human even at night...?! now you shamelessly parade them on nairaland... you'll def get Frontpage... I hope you're happy now...

People neglects the roles these cats play in the ecosystem... get rid of all the cats... then see how rats population would sky rocket...

I wonder how people can get tired of goat meat, cow meat, fish, chicken and Turkey... only to start eating endangered species and they think they are savvy...

It would have been lovely... if you educated the hunters... but again... what do you know...?!

U sounded like someone who makes sense. But truth be told, these are not ur ordinary cats, I would panic when I see those and I know u will definitely panic too. Only a zoologist or someone who knows about wildlife would know if they are not harmful or not. If I find these in my backyard and I have the opportunity of killing them I will kill them before they hurt any member of my family. Better I kill an endegesred specie than let the cat hurt my little ones just because I want to preserve an endegesred specie.

There are snakes that are not harmful, but the first thing on my mind if I see a snake in my backyard is to kill it whether it is harmful or not. Am I a zoologist that I would differentiate a harmful snake from a non hsrmful one. Let me guess, so when I see a snake in my backyard I should first call the authorities to come and determine whether it is harmful or not, or whether it is endegeared specie or not. Oga leave science, let's face facts. This is real life.

3 Likes

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by cocoflakes: 11:48am On Jan 18, 2016
That is a very expensive meat in Ghana....Only the rich can afford to eat cats in Ghana...

1 Like

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by blacq2009(m): 11:50am On Jan 18, 2016
Everything animal was front page. From civet cat to giant albino rat.
Iyalaya. Nairaland mods and "animal killed at...." Na sure fp
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by nattty(m): 11:53am On Jan 18, 2016
It is called a barbaric act, cats are very clean and careful animals dat could even help wipe out dos rubbish mice transferring lassa fever, una come kill both d male and female...oya dey chop am
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by hollandis(f): 11:53am On Jan 18, 2016
iPopAlomo:

These cats are wild and are in danger to the public .Stop acting westernised ,the govt doesn't have any wild life or conservation personnel to curb the activities of the wild cat .
Same thing about the lion that was killed ,the only sane thing about the killing of the lion is that it was killed by people it should have killed

3 Likes

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by tuna4servi(m): 11:53am On Jan 18, 2016
Obe de
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by Koolmexxi(m): 11:56am On Jan 18, 2016
Some of us see to many Hollywood flicks and always tend to forget dis is Africa. Most of us are quick to lambast others and form nonsense online. Yes in an organised society animal welfare would have been contacted but is dis an organized society Are our zoos in an encouraging state talk more of having an animal welfare services. Someone kills a snake or any animal at dat an most people com online screaming blue murder but u have no problems buying a snake skin bag or fur coat. Maybe most of u have no idea hunting still goes on in the rural areas of even the developed countries. What would u people have d @OP do? Try and capture the animals alive and then what?? Abeg make una let pesin hear word. It's a wild cat and as such should remain in the wild.

2 Likes

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by nattty(m): 11:57am On Jan 18, 2016
iPopAlomo:

Bro I feel u very much...may u never die young

1 Like

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by 9jatatafo(m): 12:00pm On Jan 18, 2016
OP for your mind u don show ur self for nairaland abi? Go cool dem chop na. Nonsense
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by blackboythink: 12:00pm On Jan 18, 2016
adeoluolagbegi:
@IPOPALOMO WAT IS UR BUSSINESS IF HE KILL IT OR U ARE D ONE DAT TURN TO DOSE CAT.SHHHHHUT UR TRAP
Another Savage African

2 Likes

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by Rotimi47: 12:04pm On Jan 18, 2016
Sparrow13:
I tell you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) / Huge Python Killed By My Friends In Ikorodu (Photos) / Airtel Introduces #300 For 1gb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.