Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,730 members, 7,955,776 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:45 PM

Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House (38085 Views)

A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) / Big Martial Eagle Killed At Ogbomosho, Oyo State (Photos) / Man Kills African Civet In Umuahia, Abia. Poses With It (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by summerflame(m): 1:36pm On Jan 18, 2016
When were u discharged from Yaba left, I knew u left ARO mental home too soon. Jobless fool vying for first to comment
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by doncent12(m): 2:02pm On Jan 18, 2016
Wow! You just lost close to a million. Cevets are endangered! There's a secretion in their gland that is used for making high class perfume, and coffee. Ask. Anyone into animal conservation and trading.
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by oluwasegun007(m): 2:58pm On Jan 18, 2016
abeg quickly call your village ooooo......
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by EHoudini: 3:05pm On Jan 18, 2016
The killer deserve jail. I am sorely disappointed in this dude for his brutality. In civilized clime these cuties would have been protected. Shame on the killer!
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 18, 2016
iPopAlomo:

Where did you see me type Civets as endangered...?! I asked how people can get tired of meat and fish... only to eat Endangered specie... how is that tagging an African Civet...?! egbon... read before you quote...

Dnt try nd lawyer ur way out, the topic was about a hunter dat caught and killed a civet..
Or are u schizophrenic?
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by Godsp4k(m): 3:34pm On Jan 18, 2016
Houseofglam7:
They would've made exotic pets o! Anyways, too late; they're probably in someone's pot by now
C dis wan!?..... Those wild animals as pets?.....Smh
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 18, 2016
digitsolution:
They are hyenas not civet cats or whatever that means.......

Jesu oluwa o shocked
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 18, 2016
blasiangurl85:

Couldn't have said it better.
I could have said it better but I spent time viewing your profile.
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by preciousMI1(f): 4:21pm On Jan 18, 2016
Ajibo111:
. ********** grin grin grin grin..............

WHO WANT TO BUY THIS LAND

keep it for the future...
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by iPopAlomo(m): 4:27pm On Jan 18, 2016
iPopAlomo:

African Civet Predators and Threats Despite being a secretive yet a relatively ferocious predator , the African Civet is actually preyed upon by a number of other predators within their natural environment. Large predatory Cats are the most common predators of the African Civet including Lions and Leopards along with reptiles such as large Snakes and Crocodiles . African Civet populations are also under threat from both habitat loss and deforestation, and have been subject to trophy hunters in the past, across the continent. One of the biggest threats to the African Civet is the want for their musk.
African Civet Interesting Facts and Features The musk secreted by the glands close to the African Civet's reproductive organs has been collected by Humans for hundreds of years. In it's concentrated form, the smell is said to be quite offensive to people, but much more pleasant once diluted. It was this scent that became one of the ingredients in some of the most expensive perfumes in the world (and made the African Civet a well-known African animal). African Civets are known to carry the rabies disease, which is contracted through contact with an already infected animal . The African Civet is also known to use designated areas around it's territory, where it is able to go to the toilet.
African Civet Relationship with Humans Each African Civet secretes up to 4g of musk every week, which is normally collected from African Civets in the wild. However, the capturing and keeping of African Civets for their musk is not unknown and is said to be an incredibly cruel industry. Today, few perfumes still contain actual musk from the glands of an African Civet as many scents today are easily reproduced artificially. Although it is a protected yet not an endangered animal , the African Civet populations have also been severely affected by Human hunters, who hunt these little carnivores to simply add their skin to the trophy cabinet.
African Civet Conservation Status and Life Today Today, the African Civet is under threat from deforestation and therefore drastic loss of much of it's natural habitat . The main reason for such extensive deforestation in the area is either for logging or to clear the land to make way for palm oil plantations. The African Civet is listed as being Least Concern, which means that there is little threat at the moment that the African Civet will become extinct in the near future.
http://a-z-animals.com/animals/african-civet/
... Cc: espionagesavvy....
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by bigfrancis21: 4:59pm On Jan 18, 2016
homeboy205:
Akobo Ibadan is a new estate and I've seen BIG alligator at the back of my house but never knew thise civet cat also live among us...

They were hunt down by professional hunters...

What would you do if you come across this 2 wild cat at night ?

Lalasticlala I beg help me ask??

Lawd knows I hate cats. angry
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by cube2012: 6:59pm On Jan 18, 2016
To the OP, you are just a wicked soul, this is mama Africa's creature . Should have captured it and kept or taken further into the forest. Where has been country gone to? Kill on Sight and Eat any animal you see sad

Attached is what you just killed that a sain human bein rather took a picture.

Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by leoloi: 8:02pm On Jan 18, 2016
#save wild life
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by homeboy205: 6:41am On Jan 19, 2016
cube2012:
To the OP, you are just a wicked soul, this is mama Africa's creature . Should have captured it and kept or taken further into the forest. Where has been country gone to? Kill on Sight and Eat any animal you see sad

Attached is what you just killed that a sain human bein rather took a picture.

Mugu, I tell you say na me be the hunter ?
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by barclays22(m): 11:24am On Feb 02, 2016
blackboythink:

Homeboy205 I think you are foolish. You should be ashamed of your self.
It's an endangered species, I know you didn't do the killing, but you ought to be wiser.

So because its an endangered species as claimed by you, means they should be spared? The OP SAID killed at the back of my house....I will advice you take your medications. You know nothing about Civet, probably thought one of the cats Ur granny once had.
Re: Picture : Male And Female Civet Cat Killed At The Back Of My House by barclays22(m): 1:15pm On Feb 02, 2016
Rotimi47:
I tell you.

Fact

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

China Unveils World’s First AI Robot News Presenter. (PICS And VIDEO) / This White-Necked Raven Sounds Exactly Like A Human! (photos) / You Can Now Learn A Skills, Handwork Or Trade Of Your Choice Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.