Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria (42977 Views)

GOV. IKPEAZU Introduces Free School Meal Initiative. / Men Eating Wedding Meal From Packer (Photos) / One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by dabunaija: 10:13pm On Jan 18, 2016
but you show Nigeria and its African sister with its student eating their food but, the rest no body is seen there that means i suspect those food is prepared in Nigeria.
Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by Oseniade(m): 10:38pm On Jan 18, 2016
This post is written in bad faith and it is also biased. Can u c d similarity among the tray/plates containing the food from the supposed 'developed' land.
Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by Onyiido: 10:57pm On Jan 18, 2016
Keneking:
lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin

I like Italian and Brazilian type of meals...see dodo shocked
That brazil food rich oooooooooooooo
Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by breakeven: 10:58pm On Jan 18, 2016
Bikonu! Look at what Nigeria leaders of tomorrow eats. Even that of Madagascar looks better than Nigeria. Its a pity.
Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by Delesilver: 11:42pm On Jan 18, 2016
all this is meaningless, why did u go Nd show the good side of Nigeria, ,like blessing model secondary school Omuo ekiti, ekiti state and see good meal they are serving them....instead of showing this chibok girls........
Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by mmsen: 1:21am On Jan 19, 2016
Keneking:
lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin

I like Italian and Brazilian type of meals...see dodo shocked

Brazilian food is influenced by African/Nigerian dishes.

They eat akara, moi moi and plantain in the same way that Nigerians do.
Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by Nobody: 2:35am On Jan 19, 2016
These comments got me clutching my tummy grin

One of those Madagascan kids looks like my cousin embarassed

Nigerian schools don't give free meals? Last I heard
Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by Nobody: 2:36am On Jan 19, 2016
centvin008:
Check out some countries school meal cool cool
1) Madagascar
2) Nigeria

Greece For Wher?
Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by Joarams(m): 6:00am On Jan 19, 2016
redcliff:
I wonder what the essence of this thread is? first of, other countries now are eating in the same cafeteria, the reason why all the foo of these developed countries are snapped with the same bowl, same camera exposure and same table?

I don't know about all you have listed (I know you have a good point esp the tables and camera +21) but about the bowl...it's easy to comprehend. A lot of European countries have standardized stuff like this. Compare food crates for vegies and perishables in grocery stores...they also look alike.
Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by mapet: 7:41am On Jan 19, 2016
Trailblazer1:
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Buhari should take note o

We want nothing less than that of USA or Spain or Korea

Anything less will be met with a violent protest grin grin

No story undecided

Trust me, reverse is the case. If you don't serve these kids the local delicacies they are used to, they will not eat it, in fact, that will be met by a violent protest
Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by mapet: 7:43am On Jan 19, 2016
Farnsworth:
I think the presentation of the Nigerian food was bad but it will be satisfying to our kids and it is traditional Naija food too. Naija only need to improve the presentation and maybe put alot more protein in it.

Even though your submission looks contradictory, but I think I get your point. Fair as it seems, I think we should let the process evolve. What this will do is to trigger a viable Agric , Catering, Water bottling, Drinks etc. businesses. Packaging business would soon follow, imagine those oranges, water melon, pawpaw and mangoes will now be bottled and packed for the kids.

1 Like

Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by mapet: 7:49am On Jan 19, 2016
DirtyGold:
Is nigeria as rich as those countries? How much is our budget again? Cut your coat according to your cloth.

Anyway, let's aspire to greatness. Rome wasn't built in a day

Bros,

Any time I travel abroad, I'm always home sick because of food. I remember in 2009, I was on a special project in UK and we were lodged in the 650 pounds per night Marriot hotels (on company's expenses........), I had to lead a subtle protest because of the "injury" the food was doing to us. Those colourful stuffs you're seeing does not necessarily translate to being palatable, especially if you were brought up on our traditional delicacies.......In my Bskull days, we were on exchange program to Barcelona. Our host had to make provision to cook rice on every mean for Nigerian students......

But much more importantly, we need to build our food into a global brand. There is nothing wrong with those Eba/Garri, except the packaging...... and i dare say the quantity grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by mapet: 7:52am On Jan 19, 2016
leewin:
all ds food oh
bt seriously wats d problem wit Africa why do we always hv to bear d ugly part
I'm sure enough money were budgeted to feed ds children
bt dy end up doing ntn

The idea from proponents of the concepts, UNICEF (i think), is to feed the children with their local delicacies, because the food will be sought from the immediate environment. The food is ok and there's nothing wrong with it to me.

1 Like

Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by mapet: 7:52am On Jan 19, 2016
eleojo23:
OP, the only 'food' I see there is number 1 and 2. I don't know what to call the other ones. I see grass (sorry, salad) everywhere on those dishesgrin

The only problem with 1 and 2 is just packaging.

Chop knuckle
Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by mapet: 7:54am On Jan 19, 2016
justi4jesu:
USA food is an Appetizer to open the stomach for Brazilian dish smiley

The Brazilian dish is Nigerian sort of.......... no wonder we have ties with Brazil
Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by Tunechi1(m): 7:56am On Jan 19, 2016
In lil kesh voice; won fun e leba onwa shibi nkan to ye ko ko wo bo
Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by mapet: 7:59am On Jan 19, 2016
frisky2good:

JaredNomak: :
Na dog shít abi na hot dog dey Ukraine dish?

Abeg pass me Italy, Greece and South Korea biko.
Guy you no see dodo for Brazil own? Na that one near Naija food pass. No go chop the one wey you go dey toilet read all Nairaland front page stories finish.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I remember my parent's driver when we were growing up, who had a policy - He doesn't eat any food he does not know the name. So whatever will make him ask "what food is this?", means he'll pass.

1 Like

Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by Springz(f): 7:59am On Jan 19, 2016
That Brazilian meal is the truth.
Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by mapet: 8:01am On Jan 19, 2016
cutekhalifa:
That is kworuption 4u... grin grin grin

But why each time we want to describe poverty and bad side of Nigeria, we always use northerners as illustration

BUHARI why nah,

Don't mind the OP. When we have lovely pictures from the orginator, my man Ogbeni Aregbesola
Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by mapet: 8:02am On Jan 19, 2016
solpat:
Wetin dem serve these Nigerian kids biko nu After dem finish dis food, Na to sleep for class till closing time cheesy

The quantity of that eba weak me o..... grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by mapet: 8:03am On Jan 19, 2016
Krismart:
A saying goes " you are what you eat". U can now imagin

Imagine what?

Our kids are strong? while others are chickens?
Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by ayindejimmy(m): 8:06am On Jan 19, 2016
Trash! These all lies from the desperate deep of hell. How can all the different countries have same plate? Moreover, there's no free lunch ANYWHERE
Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by PrinceEvolution(m): 8:40am On Jan 19, 2016
lol...@developed??even countries who got independence 30yrs ago..smh...how old is nja?
busket:
in time things would change and more over this are already developed countries.
Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by franklingud(m): 8:44am On Jan 19, 2016
South Korea and Brazil rock.
#AmHungry
Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by seunny4lif(m): 10:35am On Jan 19, 2016
grin
Trailblazer1:
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Buhari should take note o

We want nothing less than that of USA or Spain or Korea

Anything less will be met with a violent protest grin grin

No story undecided
Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by seunny4lif(m): 10:50am On Jan 19, 2016
Same here broda grin grin
The First time i saw those oyinbo Foods, i like am die becos i neva taste am before grin grin
Na so dem go serve me Food without meat or fisch shocked shocked I reject am sharp sharp grin grin telling them na abomination in my land grin grin
Na becos of the Jollof Rice make us dey attend Party for here grin cheesy
mapet:

grin
Bros,

Any time I travel abroad, I'm always home sick because of food. I remember in 2009, I was on a special project in UK and we were lodged in the 650 pounds per night Marriot hotels (on company's expenses........), I had to lead a subtle protest because of the "injury" the food was doing to us. Those colourful stuffs you're seeing does not necessarily translate to being palatable, especially if you were brought up on our traditional delicacies.......In my Bskull days, we were on exchange program to Barcelona. Our host had to make provision to cook rice on every mean for Nigerian students......

But much more importantly, we need to build our food into a global brand. There is nothing wrong with those Eba/Garri, except the packaging...... and i dare say the quantity grin grin grin
Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by cutekhalifa(m): 12:04pm On Jan 19, 2016
mapet:

Don't mind the OP. When we have lovely pictures from the orginator, my man Ogbeni Aregbesola
omo is that porridge coco yam and beans Chai my kwontry which way forward....? Why not atleast bottle water 30cl of bottle water is sold to the consumer @ the rate of 50k so if he can arrange with bottle water producing company, they can sold it to him @ cheap rate of 30naira, therefore if u calculate 30naira X 200,000 primary school pupil is dat state, u will know that we are equal to the task, just that we are in era of kworuption and lies...
Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by mapet: 2:13pm On Jan 19, 2016
cutekhalifa:
omo is that porridge coco yam and beans Chai my kwontry which way forward....? Why not atleast bottle water 30cl of bottle water is sold to the consumer @ the rate of 50k so if he can arrange with bottle water producing company, they can sold it to him @ cheap rate of 30naira, therefore if u calculate 30naira X 200,000 primary school pupil is dat state, u will know that we are equal to the task, just that we are in era of kworuption and lies...

Bros,

This is why people like you and I should continue to advocate for improvement of these initiatives, with the likes of this your suggestion (unlike some people who condemn it). At the start, it probably will look rough as it is, but with time, a lot of private players will come in.

Also note that in emerging economies like us, we have the opportunity to localize our offerings, say, why can't we even start with "pure water" to reduce cost.....
Re: Free School Meal By Countries Including Nigeria by cutekhalifa(m): 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2016
mapet:

Bros,

This is why people like you and I should continue to advocate for improvement of these initiatives, with the likes of this your suggestion (unlike some people who condemn it). At the start, it probably will look rough as it is, but with time, a lot of private players will come in.

Also note that in emerging economies like us, we have the opportunity to localize our offerings, say, why can't we even start with "pure water" to reduce cost.....
bro I concurred with you, but indomie and bobo juice can do a lot instead of that coco yam & beans porridge, if he can slash daily stipend of his entourage, the amount he go get, is enough to make those kids happy, don't u see the way those little kids frown there faces... Is like the governor is forcing them the food with long koboko

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kulikuli – Check out mindbowing facts about the popular snack found in West Afri / Noraliciouscakes: Cake Made For IG Of Police (Photo) / Show Us Your Easter Cooking And Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.