Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,370 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump (26205 Views)

OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd / Britain To Invest In Nigeria’s Oil Pipelines, Others / Hard Times! Economic Downturn Humble Nigeria’s Oil Moguls And Super-rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump by Omeny: 1:17pm On Jan 19, 2016
Mrlekan07034617:

What are the reasons?
Do ur little research Boss or ask seasoned pple around to understand!
Or fast and pray it falls to that level,then, u will understand better!
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 19, 2016
bro I need mentorship on this freelancer stuff. 08131280558. u can add me on whatapp
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump by scachy(m): 1:29pm On Jan 19, 2016
jpphilips:

Naa calling you a wailer is an insult to wailers, you are a fvcktard, you have no idea how the real world works
Clap for yourself Mr.over sabi. Only a fool or perhaps, a fvcktard like u called ur self (cos it's certainly not me) that ll engage in verbal abuse to a fellow he or she doesn't know simply because they air their view. Everybody must not be in darkness with u. U need to Grow up this 2016.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump by jpphilips(m): 2:12pm On Jan 19, 2016
GeoOla25:
Hmmmn.... Wondering why I studied geology at this holocenic time.., when oil has finally turned into water...economy crashing so bad ....in Don jazzy voice.... Northerners if you want the oil come take am o.
Sobs.

Borehole is your destiny now
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump by jpphilips(m): 2:15pm On Jan 19, 2016
GeoOla25:
Hmmmn.... Wondering why I studied geology at this holocenic time.., when oil has finally turned into water...economy crashing so bad ....in Don jazzy voice.... Northerners if you want the oil come take am o.
Sobs.

Borehole is your destiny now, take heart
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump by jpphilips(m): 2:48pm On Jan 19, 2016
stilljigga:

Opec refused to cut down supply which increases oil prices is because of the presence of US shale oil. US is pushing the shale oil. Traditionally, what OPEC does is to cut down supply to allow prices to go up. However, the threat is that cutting down oil supply will make us shale oil to boom because crude oil prices will go up which will eventually lead to the demand of Us cheap shale oil and then lead to high demand for shale oil. Saudi Arabia and Opec's plan is to kick US shale oil out of the market or make the demand for shale oil low as it used to be. when the prices is low for both us shale oil and crude oil, demand for OPEC'S Crude oil will be higher and will eventually phase out us shale oil. In addition, Sanctions against Iran has been lifted and they will eventually enter the world market making excess supply of crude oil and cheaper prices. The ultimate goal of opec is to phase out us shale oil. How ? when OPEC'S crude oil are in excess, the demand for shale oil will drop and demand for crude oil will increase......etc

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump by ladenz(m): 2:48pm On Jan 19, 2016
perrychemical:

It is quite unfortunate that we have a good leader at this period of falling in crude oil price. One question I kept on asking myself is when are we going to be matured politically in this country. Our clueless, educated PhD holder's president was not magnanimous with our economy, he had all the money to throw around, but could not add any sustainable growth to our economy. He ended up in reducing our foreign reserved that would have been useful in this hash economic condition we found ourself. I wondered why Jonathan could not contribute anything to our reserved, despite oil price was at all record high during his administration. It is not a rocket science, this administration is actually suffering from the economic mismanagement during Jonathan. PMB has the will to develops our institution, but the resources available required proper management. This of course will take time before they can get it right. Running an import dependent economy with alreadydepleting foreign reserved and serious fall in the price of crude will definitely put much pressure on naira.

You are aware that Okonjo Iweala tried buffering the SNW and reserves but many dissident Governors led by APC stalwarts like Oshiomole and Amaechi refused and insisted it be shared among the states. Even Fashola I respect so much also supported this madness then.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump by jpphilips(m): 2:54pm On Jan 19, 2016
ncolumella:
For more information on cooking gas refilling plant, please visit/click: www.nairaland.com/2807449/turn-small-land-very-profitable

That Generator so close to the LPG tanks? with no surface cooling system, no earthing? isnt that a 7.5kg extinguisher for a 2.5ton LPG plant? you must have a death wish.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump by Standing5(m): 3:23pm On Jan 19, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:
Yes. It also means our clueless Buhari should stop wasting our money searching for crude oil in Lake Chad. This is the time Buhari needs to sharpen his economics skills. Maybe he can enroll for O'Level Economics in this oncoming WASSCE grin
Maybe the PHD holder fisherman should have built a gigantic oil refinery that would bring down cost of refining per barrel. It would have been a big plus for Nigeria to have fuel refined locally at record low price, help spur on medium scale industry that employs the bulk of population and earn significant forex.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump by anigbajumo(m): 4:25pm On Jan 19, 2016
princejayboss:

The truth is that at the point we give young graduates chance thing will be better ..... I was shouting this for the past one year.... Even when PMB was promising the havens and I came to Nigeria during the election period ... I saw as people were buying those lies .... I cried for my nation... I said alot times that if Iran sanction got lifted that oil will hit all time low.... Some human being who went to school and studied physics like me was applauding mr president for budgeting billions in Chad basin oil exploration...... Well maybe the fight in Niger delta will benefit the world and the region.... Yes.... It will reduce our production... Increase the price the other side that I if Russia and Iran don't increase output while the militant groups makes more money ..... It's time to end all this old men from ruling.... Them all know nothing

[b]Good, am also a physics student like you presently in 400L Lautech.

See my brother, I don't think Nigeria youths' are ready to take over and work for their fatherland. Am telling you that corruption has rotten Nigerian youths' of today than this old men.
Was it not the branch Nigeria youths' that honor buruji kashamu as their Man of the year?? Just imagine,drug dealer for that matter....

The basic problem we are having now is that we dnt fully invest in our future ( divert our attention from oil) but depending solely on oil without considered other major resources.
Bro,from my experience coz av traveled to almost 28 states of federation. Nigeria is so endowed and gifted wen it comes to mineral resources but we dnt knw how to utilize it to make positive impact in our society even Africa at large,av seen it in many state in Nigeria (mineral resources).

Forget about oil,Let invite advisers from developed countries and elucidate us how they av been managed their resources ( non oil) for some years and we diffuse ideas together to achieve our goal.
[/b]

Check dis now

https://www.nairaland.com/2876087/south-africa-stop-buying-crude

Why allocating billions of naira in chad basin oil exploration nt on agriculture and other resources, Tell me the outcome of this now since Iran ban has been uplifted and their is even excess supply over demand in global oil market??
No argument, oil price will still drop.

The best solution now is fiscal federalism and appropriate management and transparency.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump by princejayboss: 4:40pm On Jan 19, 2016
anigbajumo:

[b]Good, am also a physics student like you presently in 400L Lautech.

See my brother, I don't think Nigeria youths' are ready to take over and work for their fatherland. Am telling you that corruption has rotten Nigerian youths' of today than this old men.
Was it not the branch Nigeria youths' that honor buruji kashamu as their Man of the year?? Just imagine,drug dealer for that matter....

The basic problem we are having now is that we dnt fully invest in our future ( divert our attention from oil) but depending solely on oil without considered other major resources.
Bro,from my experience coz av traveled to almost 28 states of federation. Nigeria is so endowed and gifted wen it comes to mineral resources but we dnt knw how to utilize it to make positive impact in our society even Africa at large,av seen it in many state in Nigeria (mineral resources).

Forget about oil,Let invite advisers from developed countries and elucidate us how they av been managed their resources ( non oil) for some years.
[/b]

Wow that's great bro.... Keep working hard physics is the best thing that happened to man .... Strive harder to study higher.... If possible out of Nigeria.... Cos most of our physics studies are outdated I could remember when I went for my masters ... I was ashamed of the education we in our country..... What's your field... Astro... Electronics... Geophysics.... Nuclear or ?

Physicist have jobs outside Nigeria.... Jobs that will blow your mind .... Just know what you do and you are a millionaire in few years

Anyways Just had my P.hd in quantum electronics, Photonics and optoelectronics.... Am a consultant to four major defense ministry in the west.

Goodluck pal
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump by anigbajumo(m): 4:49pm On Jan 19, 2016
princejayboss:

Wow that's great bro.... Keep working hard physics is the best thing that happened to man .... Strive harder to study higher.... If possible out of Nigeria.... Cos most of our physics studies are outdated I could remember when I went for my masters ... I was ashamed of the education we in our country..... What's your field... Astro... Electronics... Geophysics.... Nuclear or ?

Physicist have jobs outside Nigeria.... Jobs that will blow your mind .... Just know what you do and you are a millionaire in few years

Anyways Just had my P.hd in quantum electronics, Photonics and optoelectronics.... Am a consultant to four major defense ministry in the west.

Goodluck pal

Thanks.

Check again coz av modified. Actually am planning for my masters in Canada or Dubai after my undergraduate by God's grace.

Electronics and communication.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump by InvertedHammer: 2:05pm On Jan 20, 2016
/
BREAKING NEWS: Shell fires 10,000 workers.

/
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump by jpphilips(m): 5:54pm On Jan 22, 2016
scachy:

Clap for yourself Mr.over sabi. Only a fool or perhaps, a fvcktard like u called ur self (cos it's certainly not me) that ll engage in verbal abuse to a fellow he or she doesn't know simply because they air their view. Everybody must not be in darkness with u. U need to Grow up this 2016.

The rubbish you referred to as your view is not worthy of public consumption, this is what you must do, once you log into nairaland, say to yourself 3X "This is not my kitchen neither is it my beer parlour, it is the World Wide Web"
with that in your head, you will trim the rough edges of your ignorance before making any comment, hope this helps!!
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump by front247: 11:01am On Jan 23, 2016
let it finally falls to 0 dollar a barrel so dat we can be creative

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help With A Business Name For My Trucking/haulage Company / Oba Otudeko Wins Africa's Best CEO 2016 / Naira Drops As Demand Pressure Heightens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.