Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd (6541 Views)

CBN Pegs Minimum Capital Base For Banks At ₦‎500 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by Truth234(m): 7:05am On Dec 01, 2017
The Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries on Thursday agreed to extend curbs on crude oil outputs until the end of 2018.

Iran’s Energy Minister, Bijan Zangeneh, announced that Nigeria and Libya would be included in the oil output deal and an OPEC communique stated that the countries would not produce above 2017 levels in the new year, according to Reuters.

The Oman minister said that Nigeria had agreed to cap output at 1.8 million barrels per day.

The production cuts deal, which began on January 1 and called on OPEC countries and 10 non-OPEC producers led by Russia to cut a combined 1.8 million barrels per day in supplies to tackle oversupply and prop up prices, was in May extended by nine months to March 2018.

Nigeria and Libya, which were exempted from the cuts as they dealt with internal unrest that had targeted their oil infrastructure, had ramped up oil production in recent months as their security situations improved.

“OPEC extending the output cut till the end of 2018 was widely anticipated; however, suggestions that both Nigeria and Libya have decided to cap production is a bullish signal,” said Abhishek Kumar, senior energy analyst at Interfax Energy’s Global Gas Analytics in London.

However, price reactions were mostly muted, with many analysts saying the nine-month extension was already priced in.

“Because they’re going to be meeting again in a few months, we’re just going to be doing this again,” said John Macaluso, an analyst at Tyche Capital Advisors in New York.

Though the deal looked set to go through, a final decision involving non-OPEC producers, including Russia, had yet to be announced.

Russia has been pushing for a clear message on how to exit the cuts, concerned that prices do not rally too quickly and that rival United States’ shale firms do not boost output further.

One of OPEC’s biggest problems while cutting supplies has been rising US output, which is gaining global market share and undermining the group’s efforts to tighten the market.

http://investorsking.com/opec-pegs-nigerias-oil-output-1-8-million-bpd/

3 Likes

Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by Drnice: 7:09am On Dec 01, 2017
OPEC means Business. Oya, come and beat me.

1 Like

Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by Ayo4251(m): 7:27am On Dec 01, 2017
C
Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by wildcatter23(m): 7:27am On Dec 01, 2017
grin

Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by chinawapz(m): 7:28am On Dec 01, 2017
Noted!
Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:29am On Dec 01, 2017
Good development BUT....
Nigeria and Libya should not be used in the same sentence at this point!

*Qoute*
Iran’s Energy Minister, Bijan Zangeneh, announced that Nigeria and Libya would be included in the oil output deal and an OPEC communique stated that the countries would not produce above 2017 levels in the new year, according to Reuters.
Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by baski92(m): 7:30am On Dec 01, 2017
Na for their pocket, self i don vex! may somebody help me with the owner of this company number, i wan buy shares of the company with the miracle money may i feel also dey see say dey come my way before this year go run out and i go buy nairaland join. Na me una ban for 3weeks ba? i don come back
Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by yjgm(m): 7:30am On Dec 01, 2017
Money talks
Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 01, 2017
g
Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by SillyMods: 7:32am On Dec 01, 2017
1.8 mbpd is not bad.
Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by kingjoe(m): 7:32am On Dec 01, 2017
that's serious when our budget was done based on 2.2 or 2.3 million BPD.the Senate was proactive by delaying the debate on mtef yesterday.we should trade with caution.

5 Likes

Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by Finstar: 7:35am On Dec 01, 2017
Visit www.entmirror.com for all your business ideas
Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by Hotzone(m): 7:38am On Dec 01, 2017
That cap ain't working! What about bunkering? which through the its means, exports more than 1.8
Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 01, 2017
No problem
Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by ekmike(m): 7:41am On Dec 01, 2017
...and the 2018 budget estimate was 2.3m bpd. If the cap is not removed, how do we meet the shortfall

1 Like

Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by olagokeanike: 7:44am On Dec 01, 2017
I will help you to get 5,000 Instagram Followers a week.....you can extend it to 2 or more weeks.....for example, if you want 20,000 followers.....that'll be 4 weeks.....depending on the target of audience or followers you want....but my own is to get 5,000 every week....I've been doing this for more than 4 months........I can show you my last clients....if you have interest.....kindly drop your number or inbox me on Mavinkent@gmail.com.......Here is my own number for those who have interest......0..9..0..6..5..4..7..3..1..0..8..
Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by mamaafrik(m): 7:44am On Dec 01, 2017
Hmm,dat too cumbersomely low,they suld have pegged it to around 500k barrel so dat we can all regain our senses.
Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by Sharp9: 7:48am On Dec 01, 2017
OPEC just gave our 2018 budget a huge problem. with this new cap, we won't be able to raise 8trn naira.

1 Like

Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by shaddoww: 7:50am On Dec 01, 2017
Sharp9:
OPEC just gave our 2018 budget a huge problem. with this new cap, we won't be able to raise 8trn naira.
Shey d 8trn even dey realistic before ni, no b borrow we borrow for d last 2 budgets ni

2 Likes

Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by OBAGADAFFI: 7:52am On Dec 01, 2017
grin
Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by deepwater(f): 7:55am On Dec 01, 2017
Lol
Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by silasweb(m): 7:55am On Dec 01, 2017
Chai. What will happen to the budget
Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by Sharp9: 8:10am On Dec 01, 2017
shaddoww:
Shey d 8trn even dey realistic before ni, no b borrow we borrow for d last 2 budgets ni
our borrowings go skyrocket be that. my country my country

1 Like

Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by Dannyset(m): 8:12am On Dec 01, 2017
Budget of consolidation......
Just if this could double the price of the crude per barrel

1 Like

Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by Sunnycliff(m): 8:13am On Dec 01, 2017
This will add more value to the price of oil. As there will be less supply and demand will be higher, helping to raise the aggregate price level of crude per barrel. We may have oil in the realms of $75 per barrel 2018
Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by 400billionman: 8:39am On Dec 01, 2017
So how will APC fund 11trillion budget ?

I just did a fast calculation.

1.8mb/d × 365 days × 50dollars/b × 360naira/dollar

= 11.826 trillion naira

Baring production shut in.

Whichever you look at it, Nigeria has money.

Just poor management.

If I manage this fund, then I will place

1. 8trn for Capital and Recurrent expenditure.

2. 2trn for Servicing of Old debts, Bonds, Funds, TBs.

3. 2trn for savings or special safety nets.

2 Likes

Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by naijaboy756: 8:42am On Dec 01, 2017
Buhari, Adeosun and other Harvard voodoo/recession economists budgeted on 2.3MBPD

1 Like

Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 01, 2017
They can always go against OPEC...
Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by obailala(m): 8:58am On Dec 01, 2017
naijaboy756:
Buhari, Adeosun and other Harvard voodoo/recession economists budgeted on 2.3MBPD
The budget was prepared BEFORE this OPEC decision.
Re: OPEC Pegs Nigeria’s Oil Output At 1.8 Million Bpd by donqx: 9:08am On Dec 01, 2017
nothing to show for it

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

'Chinese Formular' For Baking Bread? / How To Produce Hand Sanitizer / I Need To Invest 2million Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.