Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

‘biafra Agitation Response To Militants Threatening To Islamize Nigeria-vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘biafra Agitation Response To Militants Threatening To Islamize Nigeria-vanguard (1381 Views)

Lagos Police Armourer Sells Arms To Militants, Attempts Suicide / Fayose Mocks Buhari Over Ogoni Visit "You Have Surrendered To Militants' / FG To Militants: We Are Open To Dialogue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘biafra Agitation Response To Militants Threatening To Islamize Nigeria-vanguard by yahrant140(m): 6:13am On Jan 19, 2016
ABAKALIKI—A Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, chieftain in Ebonyi State, Mr. Abia Onyike, on Monday, faulted former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s description of Biafra as ‘dead,’ stating that the resurgence of the Biafran idea was a response to the politics of Islamic state militants who are threatening to islamize the country.
File: IPOB potesters grounding Onitsha, the commercial city of Anambra State, South-east Nigeria, during their 1 Million March, to call for the immediate release of their leader, Nnamdi Kanu. Kanu was arrested by the Department of State Services, DSS, on his way into Nigeria from UK
Briefing newsmen in Abakaliki on the state of nation, Onyike stated that “Though the former President was right in blaming the Biafran agitation on frustration and marginalisation, he got it wrong by claiming that the Biafran idea was dead.”
“Recall that 12 Northern states adopted sharia law in Obasanjo’s first tenure as President(1999-2003). Recall also that the first major event of the 21st century was the bombing of the twin towers in New York. Islamic terrorism has grown in the world. In Africa, the story is no different.
“In Nigeria, the local franchise of global islamization is the Boko Haram. Obasanjo should first of all fight to see that the Islamization policy is dead before wishing Biafra dead because the resurgence of Biafra may be the result of the fear of Islamization and political persecution since the Igbos are the largest Christian block in the Nigerian federation”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/602296/

1 Like

Re: ‘biafra Agitation Response To Militants Threatening To Islamize Nigeria-vanguard by Caseless: 6:14am On Jan 19, 2016
Arrant nonsense!

10 Likes

Re: ‘biafra Agitation Response To Militants Threatening To Islamize Nigeria-vanguard by yahrant140(m): 6:17am On Jan 19, 2016
National drama!
Was JFK right when he said "those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable"? Is violence really the only alternative in the face of repeatedly repressed peaceful demonstration!
Re: ‘biafra Agitation Response To Militants Threatening To Islamize Nigeria-vanguard by oduastates: 6:19am On Jan 19, 2016
Msteeew

3 Likes

Re: ‘biafra Agitation Response To Militants Threatening To Islamize Nigeria-vanguard by Nobody: 6:23am On Jan 19, 2016
See silly excuse.

Biafrans should know that it was Obasanjo they gave their letter of surrender to.

7 Likes

Re: ‘biafra Agitation Response To Militants Threatening To Islamize Nigeria-vanguard by abduljabbar4(m): 6:28am On Jan 19, 2016
"Please forgive me when I said that APC is an Islamic party, it was a joke. APC is a party for Ndi-Igbo, for Christians and for all lovers of progressive Nigeria.” – Sen. Uche Ekwunife as she decamped to APC.

They have successfully used and dumped the fools but they still can't get out of the blindness

Boko haram said they are fighgting christians, then it became western education, then injustice, then the government, then the youths, then for Islamization (when they still bomb Mosques).

Just like the boko haram, ipob has no direction

10 Likes

Re: ‘biafra Agitation Response To Militants Threatening To Islamize Nigeria-vanguard by Kastonkastroll(m): 6:30am On Jan 19, 2016
this man is not making any sense to me. what's his own cup of tea if the entire northern region choose sharia law as their ultimate law. So long as the law will be restricted only to the core northerners, I don't see why somebody leaving a thousand km away from the north will wanna make sharia law his business. In some parts of yorubaland for instance, our traditional laws are still very much used here even though Nigeria has its supreme constitution.

some Igbos(let me not generalize) should stop acting as if they are the only Christians in Nigeria. I don't know why their own Christianity is very extreme just like they accused the _abokis of extremism and intolerance. I wonder why some people will think that their own Christianity is inimitable than others which is very wrong.

5 Likes

Re: ‘biafra Agitation Response To Militants Threatening To Islamize Nigeria-vanguard by oluwafemi113(m): 6:30am On Jan 19, 2016

Rubbish talk

4 Likes

Re: ‘biafra Agitation Response To Militants Threatening To Islamize Nigeria-vanguard by mallamseifaldin(m): 6:36am On Jan 19, 2016
I advice people to embrace Islam you would love its teaching of love and peace.
Re: ‘biafra Agitation Response To Militants Threatening To Islamize Nigeria-vanguard by arewaempire: 6:37am On Jan 19, 2016
Caseless:
Arrant nonsense!

Double Arrant nonsense!

I hope they end up like boko haram. angry

Honestly, these Ibo leaders can be childish.

5 Likes

Re: ‘biafra Agitation Response To Militants Threatening To Islamize Nigeria-vanguard by ReskpetNobleman(m): 6:38am On Jan 19, 2016
see dem mocking birds food don done undecided
Re: ‘biafra Agitation Response To Militants Threatening To Islamize Nigeria-vanguard by babyfaceafrica: 6:39am On Jan 19, 2016
So IPOB and BOKO are the same thing...chai!!!

3 Likes

Re: ‘biafra Agitation Response To Militants Threatening To Islamize Nigeria-vanguard by omenka(m): 6:49am On Jan 19, 2016
Vanguardiiii!!! One day, monkey go go market e no go come back.

Kontinuu.

1 Like

Re: ‘biafra Agitation Response To Militants Threatening To Islamize Nigeria-vanguard by omenka(m): 6:56am On Jan 19, 2016
Those people this man is referring to are thos practising radical Islam, are we now going to assume ipod practices radical Christianity??

Perhaps he's right, after all, they don't worship the same God, Jehovah, Elshadai, Elohim, Emmanuel, as we do- their god is one Chukwu Okike Abiama. Kanu said so not me.

4 Likes

Re: ‘biafra Agitation Response To Militants Threatening To Islamize Nigeria-vanguard by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 19, 2016
Part of the truth...
Re: ‘biafra Agitation Response To Militants Threatening To Islamize Nigeria-vanguard by fagbalex(m): 7:14am On Jan 19, 2016
This is beautiful nonsense
Re: ‘biafra Agitation Response To Militants Threatening To Islamize Nigeria-vanguard by GoodMuyis(m): 9:10am On Jan 19, 2016
And they said this is leader...
His he making sense out of his composition or just wanted i talk so ipob youth will not attack him .

Nigeria has leadership problem, even biafra is actualize they still have same inherited problem
Re: ‘biafra Agitation Response To Militants Threatening To Islamize Nigeria-vanguard by Eledan: 9:14am On Jan 19, 2016
The foundation of the current Biafra agitation is based on lies, deceits and fraudulent manipulation of young and impressionable gullible minds. That is why they come up everyday will some of the silliest excuses for the agitation.
Re: ‘biafra Agitation Response To Militants Threatening To Islamize Nigeria-vanguard by Caseless: 3:00pm On Jan 20, 2016
arewaempire:

Double Arrant nonsense!

I hope they end up like boko haram. angry

Honestly, these Ibo leaders can be childish.
I tell u...
Re: ‘biafra Agitation Response To Militants Threatening To Islamize Nigeria-vanguard by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 20, 2016
Yorubigots snakes grin

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Commences Inauguration Of Projects In Ogun State - Photos / "After Being Ignored By Amaechi For 8 Years, Wike Came To Therescue In 8 Months" / NIGERIANS Please What Do You Have To Say To This Man!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.