Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,991 members, 7,821,452 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Lagos Prophet Sets Member Ablaze In Church, Says God Asked Him To Do So(photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Prophet Sets Member Ablaze In Church, Says God Asked Him To Do So(photo) (625 Views)

Ahmed Akorode: Man Who Set Himself Ablaze In Lagos Is Still Alive! (Video) / Patrick Fasinu Killed And Set Ablaze In Ogun / Nigerian Man Murders Prostitute In Liberia After She Asked Him 2 Pay Her $35(Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Prophet Sets Member Ablaze In Church, Says God Asked Him To Do So(photo) by investigator: 10:22am On Jan 19, 2016

A woman simply identified as Madam Bosede was burnt beyond recognition after a prophet in her church, the Celestial Church of Christ (CCC) on Unity Street in Abule-Egba in Lagos, set her ablaze while trying to show that he was a true man of God during his sermon last Sunday January 17th.

According to The Nation, the prophet while preaching, said he heard the “spirit of God” tell him that he was in their midst and that that if he sets the woman ablaze, nothing will happen to her. He called up the woman, asked for Kerosene to be poured on her right in the church and then struck a match stick. Unfortunately, she started burning. Narrating what happened, Bosede said

“Our prophet said the spirit of God whispered to him that I would not burn if he sets me on fire. When I came out, they poured kerosene on my body and set me ablaze. But, unfortunately, I was burnt beyond recognition and before the other church members could get water, the deed had already been done.”he said Speaking on the incident, the prophet said he clearly heard a voice instructing him to set a member on fire to prove and confirm that God was in their midst. “I heard the voice clearly, but I don’t know what happened after we set fire on her. God has been speaking to me since and it has been working, so I wonder why now,” he said. The victim is currently lying critically ill in the hospital. Meanwhile some members of the church have sworn never to go back to the church again “We cannot worship here again. Who knows who the spirit will ask him to burn next.”one of them said A resident of the area identified as Irene Ohekina said: “I don’t pity her; she was the one who allowed herself to be deceived by the prophet. Why did the prophet not try the fire on himself or any of his family member?” Another resident simply Nkechi said for the prophet to have given such instruction, it must have come from God, adding “I believe it’s the sins of the victim that made her burn, the prophet of God could not have lied.”she said

SEE MORE PICS HERE
Re: Lagos Prophet Sets Member Ablaze In Church, Says God Asked Him To Do So(photo) by vault(m): 11:01am On Jan 19, 2016
insanity is everywhere....... grin

na the idiots wey allow am I go blame
Re: Lagos Prophet Sets Member Ablaze In Church, Says God Asked Him To Do So(photo) by Yinabim(f): 11:07am On Jan 19, 2016
can u imagine? some pple are destined to be foolish and whether we like it or not they can never be wise! see that useless Nkechi I strongly believe she's the next victim...in fact na lion go chop am ...werey pastor
Re: Lagos Prophet Sets Member Ablaze In Church, Says God Asked Him To Do So(photo) by smartigo: 11:22am On Jan 19, 2016
Women + religion= stupidity. Sorry, gullibility grin grin

Imagine a comment from another lady: her sins made her burn.

(1) (Reply)

Unbelievable! Pepper Soup Made With Human Hand Allegedly Served In Abia / Day Light Robbery: Dstv A Dalight Rubber / Why Are The Fulani Obviously Above The Law In Nigeria? Honest Answers Pls!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.