Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Is It Compulsory For A "Commercial Pilot" To Have Bsc? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Compulsory For A "Commercial Pilot" To Have Bsc? (783 Views)

What Are The Necessary Steps I Can Take To Be A Commercial Pilot? / Why Become A Commercial Pilot? - Many Pilots Never Admit #11 / Lady Spotted In Ibadan As A Commercial Okada Rider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Compulsory For A "Commercial Pilot" To Have Bsc? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 19, 2016
I don't know which section to post this but I wish people can see it and help with best info that can help.

My brother just applied to a Pilot training school in SA and also applied to University Of Nicosia, North Cyprus. He is more interested in becoming a Pilot than going to the University.

So our concern is, is it "very compulsory" to have BSC even after becoming a Professional Pilot?

Please kindly help guys.....God bless!!
Re: Is It Compulsory For A "Commercial Pilot" To Have Bsc? by Eleniyan15: 6:11pm On Jan 19, 2016
lalastical
Re: Is It Compulsory For A "Commercial Pilot" To Have Bsc? by luthorcorp: 7:09pm On Jan 19, 2016
unless he wants to go crashing planes coz he can't read and understand the controls,I suggest he get a degree!
Re: Is It Compulsory For A "Commercial Pilot" To Have Bsc? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 19, 2016
luthorcorp:
unless he wants to go crashing planes coz he can't read and understand the controls,I suggest he get a degree!
he can "read and write", very well sir. Just that we only need to know if compulsory or not.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A "Commercial Pilot" To Have Bsc? by luthorcorp: 9:04pm On Jan 19, 2016
mirrorboy:
he can "read and write", very well sir. Just that we only need to know if compulsory or not.
since you can read and write you can as well fly one too
Re: Is It Compulsory For A "Commercial Pilot" To Have Bsc? by jonathan111: 10:41am On Jan 20, 2016
luthorcorp:
since you can read and write you can as well fly one too

You r so senseless

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A "Commercial Pilot" To Have Bsc? by luthorcorp: 1:43pm On Jan 20, 2016
jonathan111:

You r so senseless
brainless as a bird..
Re: Is It Compulsory For A "Commercial Pilot" To Have Bsc? by jaybeyblu: 8:00am On Jan 21, 2016
In Nigeria it is now compulsory If you are getting trained here, at least i am aware of the one in Zaria it is a criteria before you are considered for admission . In previous years it was not so, i have friends who were former classmates who after secondary school went for flying schools and they are doing well and working in good companies without a Bsc . I think the most important thing is if you are a qualified pilot Bsc or no Bsc.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A "Commercial Pilot" To Have Bsc? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 21, 2016
jaybeyblu:
In Nigeria it is now compulsory If you are getting trained here, at least i am aware of the one in Zaria it is a criteria before you are considered for admission . In previous years it was not so, i have friends who were former classmates who after secondary school went for flying schools and they are doing well and working in good companies without a Bsc . I think the most important thing is if you are a qualified pilot Bsc or no Bsc.

God bless real good. The S.A flying school is only requesting for High School certificate so it's not even required for admission. You just answered my question to my satisfaction. Once again, God bless you!

(1) (Reply)

Please Urgent Advice Needed On This Job / MCSA: Windows Server 2012 R2 & MCSE: Server Infrastructure - Only 20 Days / Ciscon Management Flaunts Minister Of Labour's Order To Reinstate Staff (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.