Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,675 members, 7,837,490 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Thoughts - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thoughts (537 Views)

Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? / A Few Thoughts On Unclothedness AKA N@kedness / Should A Woman Propose To A Man...thoughts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thoughts by Tygg: 7:33pm On Jan 19, 2016
(TOTS)...COPIED BUT UNALTERED.... M

THE CURSE AND BURDEN OF THE MODERNized LADY by Sodeinde Simeon Opeoluwa
How interesting it is that when one gives birth to a girl now, the parents begin to worry about how burdensome and meticulous raising her must be. Whereas long ago, parents were happy to have girls because d girls bore things that would later in future prove that they were brought up well by their parents, e.g virginity till wedding, excellence at wifehood and motherhood, respect for in-laws and friends, the ability to always come back to check on and take care of their old ones etc. But now? The story is different. There is a legitimate alternative to almost eeevery single thing that we once considered valuable. Now we have divorce, cohabitation, disregard for virginity and all it entails, deliberate single parenting, abortion, career- driven womanhood, caution void dressing etc. Recently, by doing only very flimsy research I was overdosed with terrible views and data and occurrences. A morally mindless country has always been the fore frontier and dictator of what must be acceptable especially to our girls and little boys in developing countries e.g Nigeria. Suddenly our black girls feel skinny is beautiful, the robust ones feel they were born handicap, the skinny ones feel blessed and at higher advantage, now “you look sexy girl” has become a compliment that many girls look forward to. Suddenly our little sisters are falling into low self esteem by simply gazing into beauty magazines. Suddenly teenage girls are bulimic and anorexic (having severe eating disorders) because they have been informed wrongly by the foreign media about standards of beauty. Keeping with the (confused) Kardashians is now the family show some must never miss(what happened to super story?). Suddenly many of our girls feel they must have dated once or twice before they are 18, Must have kissed and probably had sex before 25, married or not. Suddenly a particular kind of pose is compulsory while taking a picture. Soap operas, and confused Disney programmes, animations and cartoons now portray parents as irrelevant factors when it comes to a teenager’s personal space, rebellion against parents is okay so far ur boyfriend loves you. They now portray teenagers as independent folks: children programmes are now centering around independence and autonomy, dating and adult business. Barbie doll and got talent underage dancers dress almost half naked and these foreign things are what our sisters and daughters sit all day watching. Hardly are there movies that capture totally, roles of the father, mother and children loving and submitting to one another. Suddenly some of our girls are ready to be announced as the “pregnant GIRLFRIEND ” or baby mama of one artiste or the other. And it is a news that is proudly broadcasted, shey óri wá pé shá (are we all alright mentally? ) No wonder some of our respected aunties are rushing to marry because they became pregnant, at least thank God some are still marrying and marrying men. Suddenly love is the magic that opens lady’s legs and not marriage anymore. Marriage has become an institution being redefined by confused people and anyone can get a divorce and be married 4times and still be celebrity role model. Now some see it as still okay “sha ” for a girl to be bi (bisexual). I also thank God for Nigerian artistes who strive day & night using as much creativity as possible to put nudity and sexual deviance on our screen. Now it is commonplace and not a total abomination to see half naked dressed ladies at night going to parties: Now every dress must be tight and elastic so that our girls can wear and feel beautiful and accepted?! Wow. Dinner gowns now aim to make a girl look sexy. I don’t blame my Apostle friend that lambasted fellowships dat do dinner cos d girls wear same gown to faculty dinner and fellowship dinner alike. When u give some of our Christian sisters materials to take to their different fashion designers to sew ushering or choir uniform. men…… !! D rest is history. I don’t blame them, I blame what they see everyday that dictates beauty to them. Gone are the days when lip gloss and powder were enough to make a girl feel fly about herself, but now, they place heavy demands on their income to have makeups. Makeup is not the problem, the idea that without it one is incomplete is d killer idea. Foreign Reality shows and celebrity life styles (which are scripted anyway) have become rampant and widely accepted, even TV series and u hear morally sound Christians or Muslims say wow I love “Empire” but the gay sex scenes are disgusting to watch. Oooh so if u buy a drink and find dead rat inside, u will remove D rat and still take d drink? Please if you see any confused lady, tell her how much the society needs her to be sane. A woman said “a liberated woman is one who has sex before marriage and finds a job after” what a statement of doom. Tell every lady that her exposed body doesn’t add up to letting us know of her beauty. Tell that girl that I, Old-Rugged, am is a Photoshop user and I know how magazine front cover and inside page models are severely photoshoped to increase their hair, smoothen belly flaps, extend necks, trim waists, reshape eye and mouth angles, push up bust etc. Please tell our ladies that if you are not comfortable with “knife point heels use wedged and if not use flat, honestly you will still live long if you dress comfortable. Please turn off the TV for a while. Close the online beauty websites for a moment, tune off celebrity photographs and news for a time and don’t cage into extinction ur female genius, creativity and primary roles. Who will model proper womanhood to our ladies, who will teach our girls and encourage them to be studious at school, who will show to them the importance of virginity till marriage with a man, who will ask them to add more clothes to cover their flesh and loosen up the extra tight clothes and that they are beautiful without cosmetic surgery. Also that celebrity appearance is not as perfect as portayed. Even some news broadcasts are staged. #selah

(1) (Reply)

Woman Who Kidnapped 2-day Old Baby Arrested When Baby Grew / 11 Years Down And Forever To Go! Comedian Tee A And Wife / I Have Sex Only With Dead Bodies – Mortuary Attendant Reveals (VIDEO/PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.