Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn (16492 Views)

Buhari Snubs APC Over ‘mismanaged’ N7bn Fund. / Aregbesola Inflated Airport Contract By N11.5bn - PDP / N7bn Gone As VP’s New Residence Is Abandoned - TheNation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by Firefire(m): 6:30am On Jan 20, 2016
As a rejoinder to this publication: https://www.nairaland.com/2872621/aregbesola-inflated-airport-contract-n11.5bn#42080710

Femi Makinde, Osogbo

The Osun State Governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola, has said he deserves commendation for building the Moshood Abiola International Airport at Ido-Osun, Osun State, for N11.5bn.

A consultant to the state government on information, Mr. Sunday Akere, who spoke on behalf of the governor, said this in a telephone interview with our correspondent on Tuesday.

He said the contract was not inflated to siphon the state’s resources as alleged by the Peoples Democratic Party.

He said the increase in the contract sum was necessitated by the inflation caused by the fall of the naira.

Akere said, “The PDP in Osun should be ignored, they are just seeking relevance. They should find out how much PDP states like Akwa Ibom, Gombe and others built their airports.

“When former President Goodluck Jonathan was in power, he said he added an additional airstrip to the Nnamdi Azikiwi International Airport, Abuja with N36bn. We should be commended for building an airport with N11.5bn.

“If we are building a complete airport with a hanger and other facilities for N11.5bn, then we should be commended. The governor deserves commendation.”

Akere also said the initial cost of the airport was underestimated.

But the PDP accused the governor of increasing unilaterally the contract sum of the airport from N4.5bn to N15.5bn.

The Director of Media and Strategy of the Osun PDP, Mr. Diran Odeyemi, said this in a statement on Sunday.

The statement read, “We are aware that Governor Rauf Aregbesola, on January 8, 2016 through a letter with reference number SP/S96/1/vi/348 re-awarded the airport contract to the same contractor and a payment of N472m was paid as take-off sum.

“The same company had earlier been paid N2.7bn for the same project without any serious work done on the project.

The PDP also accused the governor of inflating the contract sum in order to embezzle the bailout funds it got from the Central Bank of Nigeria.

The opposition party lamented that workers in the employ of the state were languishing in hunger as a result of unpaid salaries.

The party had said, “We are calling on the President and anti-graft agencies to send a secret team to the site of the so-called Moshood Abiola International Airport, Ido-Osun, to confirm what the government and the airport company had done with the N2.7bn taken from the purse of the state on December 14, 2012.

“Out of the amount, N2.5bn was sourced as a loan from a bank to be repaid monthly at N100m from the SURE-P funds. That loan is now part of the N88bn restructured for the state by the Central Bank for repayment till the year 2034 shocked.”

Cc: Lalasticlala

http://www.punchng.com/aregbesola-admits-increasing-airport-contract-by-n7bn/

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by Firefire(m): 6:31am On Jan 20, 2016
Gov. Rauf Aregbesola admits to ONLY N7b increase and not N11.5b in the Airport Contract, and the future of Osun state mortgaged till 2034 (Next 18 Years).

Well-meaning Nigerians should please ask Raufu Aregbesola what is the paramount need of an airport in Osun while the nearest airport at Ibadan, 45 Minutes drives away is grossly underutilized?

Osun state civil servant are dying of starvation and the governor's wisdom is to inflate/increase building airport that serves no economic benefit for the workers being owned 4-8 months’ salary?

Call a spade a spade, ohun ti o da, ko ni oruko meji, koda ni, 'Ole is Ole, barawo is barawo' - GEJ...

Modath, and the rest Omoluabi's, se eleyi bo jumu bi ?

91 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by SeverusSnape(m): 6:34am On Jan 20, 2016
Change agent indeed...

According to some APC zombies who partook from the Aregberascal odourless fufu, This man is the 'face of change' in the south West.

Just like Abagworo and his e-wife Beremx would have us believe Roch-Ass is the face of change in the South East.

Bunch of Aisha-rice-eating sycophants!

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by francizy(m): 6:58am On Jan 20, 2016
Chai!

Firefire wants to kill this bearded goat sha! grin cheesy

The great change agents that should've transformed their states with monies from the ECA but hell no, they decided to squander the monies or better still channel it to the purse of their god. Now arresa, instead of addressing this issue will resort to throwing jabs at SE. That's how terribly evil these APC supporters are.

In 2019, even if APC/Buhari contests against Shekau, I'd rather not vote any of them.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by hodusglobal(m): 7:01am On Jan 20, 2016
I don't know the reason why our governors are treating us like slaves. International Airport in Osun state, how many people will be leaving their states to go and fly through the Airport in Osun state? We poor Nigerian citizens should think very well, these people are enemies to us. Ogun state that generates revenue and also rich than Osun state didn't have local Airport talkless of International. Aregbesola just want to put that state into long years gbese (Debt) and Nigerian government has never called its past administrators to come and clear how they spent their states money...Na wa for dis our Leaders ooo.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by Firefire(m): 7:04am On Jan 20, 2016
As posited by Rotimi Amaechi, on the issue of NIMASA relevant to the Osun Airport, “I don’t think we should proceed with the Airport in Osun State as being proposed by Rauf Aregbesola of APC, because it is a waste of resources, and unfortunately, a lot of money had already been released for the Airport project hence there is no structure on ground but just the feasibility study".

We therefore implores EFCC & ICPC to please urgently investigate this fraudulent act of the governor and save the state from further mortgaging.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by saintfaculty(m): 7:05am On Jan 20, 2016
shocked
Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by Firefire(m): 7:09am On Jan 20, 2016
hodusglobal:
I don't know the reason why our governors are treating us like slaves. International Airport in Osun state, how many people will be leaving their states to go and fly through the Airport in Osun state? We poor Nigerian citizens should think very well, these people are enemies to us. Ogun state that generates revenue and also rich than Osun state didn't have local Airport talkless of International. Aregbesola just want to put that state into long years gbese (Debt) and Nigerian government has never called its past administrators to come and clear how they spent their states money...Na wa for dis our Leaders ooo.

My people who are expected to query the governor on the rationale for the airport are playing partisan.

They would soon be here to label me and rain abuse, 'epe aja kan, ko le mu agborin' ebu te de un bu mi ko dun mi. cheesy

Aregbesola as a matter of urgency should be called to order. Eyi kise iwa Omoluabi rara. angry

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by illmatic101(m): 7:12am On Jan 20, 2016
Where are the APC e-rat? Come and defend the rascal ooh.
I guess they're busy distributing lassa fever after eating Aisha's rice.

21 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by kennyman2000(m): 7:16am On Jan 20, 2016
Hmmmm... AregbeInflator!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 20, 2016
Aregbesola the greatest tyrant of all time

12 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by Amberon: 7:20am On Jan 20, 2016
every looter deserves to die! They've inflicted sickness and poverty on millions of Nigerians. its only fair if they fave the consequences of their actions.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by Amberon: 7:25am On Jan 20, 2016
stop ranting. When will you know that it's not about any party but about the betterment of our beloved country?

when will you know this?
illmatic101:
Where are the APC e-rat? Come and defend the rascal ooh.
I guess they're busy distributing lassa fever after eating Aisha's rice.

3 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by ShowYourCertificate: 7:40am On Jan 20, 2016
The way these guys are wasting our money in these period of economic crisis is alarming.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by princemillla(m): 7:52am On Jan 20, 2016
Firefire:

My people who are expected to query the governor on the rationale for the airport are playing partisan.

They would soon be here to label me and rain abuse, 'epe aja kan, ko le mu agborin' ebu te de un bu mi ko dun mi. cheesy

Aregbesola as a matter of urgency should be called to order. Eyi kise iwa Omoluabi rara. angry

So you be omo odua? Ehnnn
Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by Firefire(m): 7:55am On Jan 20, 2016
princemillla:

So you be omo odua? Ehnnn

Omo iya, Omo Odua ni mi tokan tokan.

I will continue to ignore those labeling me because of my views. smiley

God bless the Yoruba Race.

Btw: Aregbesola, aso Omoluabi re ti fa'ya ooooooo. angry

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by vedaxcool(m): 8:02am On Jan 20, 2016
Arebgesola just exposed GEJ as heading a thief thief govt:

An Entire Airport:N11.5B - Aregbesola

An additional airstrip: N36B - GEJ

who is fooling who? the goons defending corruption failed to highlight this points.

“When former President Goodluck Jonathan was in power, he said he added an additional airstrip to the Nnamdi Azikiwi International Airport, Abuja with N36bn. We should be commended for building an airport with N11.5bn.

The op just indicted his hero of thieves!

4 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 20, 2016
Why is it dat Ngenekwenu, Barcanista, Abduljabbar etc, never comment on threads as this?? Has deir love for party superceded dat of country?

19 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by francizy(m): 8:03am On Jan 20, 2016
Firefire:

Hehehehehehe! I know na! They even go as far as tagging you, Anonimi and HzRF, Igbos/Igbos just because you chose not to play blind support to those crooks. Am an Igbo man but I never for once supported the past/present failed Igbo governors like the Uba's, Okorocha, Eleche, Mbadinuju, etc. Can't say the same for aresa/arresa..

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by drss(m): 8:04am On Jan 20, 2016
but according to APC resident zombies, saint aregberascal n oda APC governors ar angels. remember d one who doesn't sign checks he's now super minister in buari dullard's cabinet cotesy of his sainthood and sinlessness. yeye dey smell.

19 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by vedaxcool(m): 8:06am On Jan 20, 2016
hopelink1:

Most useless post of the thread, he is a tyrant yet he is being freely criticize and his response is verbal not jailing!
Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by vedaxcool(m): 8:09am On Jan 20, 2016
drss:
[s]but according to APC zombies, saint aregberascal n oda APC governors ar angels. remember d one who doesn't sign checks he's now super minister cotesy of his sainthood and sinlessness. yeye dey smell.[/s]

When one reads posts like this you almost think authors of such post hate corruption, while in fact they defend corruption like their lives depends on it, they call santasuki a saint, metuh a saint, all those who collected money saints! Madness is when you pretend you hate something while at the same time you defend that thing like an addict!

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by frankyychiji(f): 8:10am On Jan 20, 2016
“Out of the amount, N2.5bn was sourced as a loan from a bank to be repaid monthly at N100m from the SURE-P funds. That loan is now part of the N88bn restructured for the state by the Central Bank for repayment till the year 2034 shocked.”

Cc: Lalasticlala

http://www.punchng.com/aregbesola-admits-increasing-airport-contract-by-n7bn/
[/quote]Please is SURE-P funds not monies meant for the betterment of the teaming unemployed in their midst, why then would Aregbe mortgage this life-line of the less fortunate among them to purse a mudane elitist project in the face of serious economic downturn. I stand to be corrected but is this not the height of wickedness from a ruling class to the subjects?

And somebody should please tell vexdacool to stop peeping this thread from the keyhole, I need answers to my question.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by Firefire(m): 8:12am On Jan 20, 2016
francizy:

Hehehehehehe! I know na! They even go as far as tagging you, Anonimi and HzRF, Igbos/Igbos just because you chose not to play blind support to those crooks. Am an Igbo man but I never for once supported the past/present failed Igbo governors like the Uba's, Okorocha, Eleche, Mbadinuju, etc. Can't say the same for aresa/arresa..

Leave them, posterity will judge all of us.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by SeverusSnape(m): 8:14am On Jan 20, 2016
francizy:

Gbawe the closet tribal bigot should come and tag Firefire "IPOD".

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by Firefire(m): 8:15am On Jan 20, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Gbawe the closet tribal bigot should come and tag Firefire "IPOD".

I no send am...

Aregbesola should be stopped from further mortgaging Osun State future.

This is pure wickedness. angry

11 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by drss(m): 8:16am On Jan 20, 2016
hopelink1:
APC governors n their perchant for Inflated contracts:
1. Fashola - N600 million spend on 3 BMW cars. N78 million for 1 website. N150 million for two boreholes.
2. Judas ameachi - Billions of naira spend on non existing monorail.
3. Aregbesoala - inflated airport contract by N7 billion. Wasted billions in tallest talking drum, yet his pipul ar dying of hunger n unpaid salaries.
4. Fayemi - Wasted N50 million for 1 bed for govt house.
5. Okorocha - Wasted N600 million for christmas decoration.

ladies n gentlemen dis ar d saints in APC. they ar sinless n incorruptible just like buari.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by frankyychiji(f): 8:17am On Jan 20, 2016
vedaxcool:

Most useless post of the thread, he is a tyrant yet he is being freely criticize and his response is verbal not jailing!
Ok you are in already....my bad. Can you shed more light on this clear case of daylight rape and robbery of the poor people of osun. And don't tell me somebody in Pdp did worse things please.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by princemillla(m): 8:18am On Jan 20, 2016
Firefire:

Omo iya, Odua ni mi tokan tokan.

I will continue to ignore those labeling me because of my views. smiley

God bless the Yoruba Race.

Btw: Aregbesola, aso Omoluabi re ti fa'ya ooooooo. angry

I love that Omo Odua to oo to.
Oyinbo na bastard to av caused these brouhaha on foreign names

Aregbesola is fond of what yoruba called e te ile, e ye ita. I. e he is fond of painting a outside with gold and inside with sorrow

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by vedaxcool(m): 8:22am On Jan 20, 2016
frankyychiji:
[s]Ok you are in already....my bad. Can you shed more light on this clear case of daylight rape and robbery of the poor people of osun. And don't tell me somebody in Pdp did worse things please.[/s]

Hypocrisy is all you got to offer nothing else!
Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by lolzzzz: 8:23am On Jan 20, 2016
How many people will use this airport? even the Ibadan and akure airports have less than 10k passengers combined in a quarter. Nobody will use that airport, poverty won't allow them.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Admits Increasing Airport Contract By N7bn by francizy(m): 8:24am On Jan 20, 2016
Firefire:

Leave them, posterity will judge all of us.

I swear down! As a matter of fact, posterity is already judging us as their Messianic president is on a reverse motion instead of moving forward...

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Says Villa Feud Shows Incompetence, Disorganization In Buhari Presidency / Strike: IGP Orders Implementation Of New Salary Structure For Police / APC Goes For Broke In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.