Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,853 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Best Hospitals In Yaba - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Best Hospitals In Yaba (7251 Views)

List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria / The Death Camps Called Government Hospitals In Nigeria! How Ekene Lost His Dad / Photos Of Best Hospitals In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Hospitals In Yaba by fadedayo: 1:30pm On Jan 20, 2016
Hello All.

I recently got a job opportunity in Lagos and need to sign up with a HMO.

I intend to stay in the Yaba/Ebute Metta/Sabo/Onike axis, however I do not know the standard of the hospital in those areas.

My challenge now is I have a list of hospitals to choose from and was wondering if anyone is available to steer me in the right direction, so I can pick the best one.

Marien Clinic Yaba

Mount Sinai Hospital Yaba

St. Lukes Hospital Yaba

St. Mary's Children Hospital YAbo

Military Hospital Yaba

Cottage Medicare Hospital

I will be grateful if people out there can guide me to making the right decision by reviewing some of these hospitals for me.

Regards.
Re: Best Hospitals In Yaba by Tequilah: 3:24pm On Jan 20, 2016
Na God I take beg you, avoid Military Hospital in Yaba. I had a friend who was admitted there 2 years ago, unfortunately he died after about 10 days on admission. The doctors are not paid on time, and on weekends (especially, Sundays) you will never get a doctor to attend to you if you are on admission. In fact on weekends, they assign 1 nurse to watch over 3 wards and each ward contains over 35 patients, at any point in time. Tell me how can such a nurse monitor patients effectively? shocked

The place is another glorified General Hospital with inadequate facilities and over-stretched personnel. Let me stop here....
Re: Best Hospitals In Yaba by fadedayo: 4:50pm On Jan 20, 2016
Tequilah:
Na God I take beg you, avoid Military Hospital in Yaba. I had a friend who was admitted there 2 years ago, unfortunately he died after about 10 days on admission. The doctors are not paid on time, and on weekends (especially, Sundays) you will never get a doctor to attend to you if you are on admission. In fact on weekends, they assign 1 nurse to watch over 3 wards and each ward contains over 35 patients, at any point in time. Tell me how can such a nurse monitor patients effectively? shocked

The place is another glorified General Hospital with inadequate facilities and over-stretched personnel. Let me stop here....

God bless you Tequilah. That's one less hospital to worry about.
Re: Best Hospitals In Yaba by doted: 4:05pm On Dec 15, 2016
fadedayo:
Hello All.
I intend to stay in the Yaba/Ebute Metta/Sabo/Onike axis, however I do not know the standard of the hospital in those areas.
My challenge now is I have a list of hospitals to choose from and was wondering if anyone is available to steer me in the right direction, so I can pick the best one.
Marien Clinic Yaba
St. Lukes Hospital Yaba
Military Hospital Yaba
I will be grateful if people out there can guide me to making the right decision by reviewing some of these hospitals for me.
Regards.

Hello Fadedayo, which of the hospitals did you pick? I am also faced with the same challenge at the moment and will appreciate a recommendation from anyone on the hospital to choose.
Re: Best Hospitals In Yaba by fadedayo: 11:54am On Dec 21, 2016
I ended up at Cottage Medicare Hospital at Onike. They are not bad at and the Doctors are quite professional.
doted:

Hello Fadedayo, which of the hospitals did you pick? I am also faced with the same challenge at the moment and will appreciate a recommendation from anyone on the hospital to choose.
Re: Best Hospitals In Yaba by Dyfunctional: 8:10pm On Dec 21, 2016
Marien hospital and Mt. Sinai are okay. I've used both of them very very well. I'll choose Marien over and over again.
Re: Best Hospitals In Yaba by michellez(f): 7:51pm On Jan 18, 2017
fadedayo:
Hello All.

Marien Clinic Yaba

St. Lukes Hospital Yaba

Military Hospital Yaba

Regards.

Hello, I'm facing the same dilemma you had. My options are
1. Jon Ken Hospital, Akoka
2. Cottage Hospital, Iwaya
3. Mount Sinai Hospital Yaba.

You say Cottage is fine so far, are you still using them till now? How are their services and facilities? Thanks.
Re: Best Hospitals In Yaba by kuntash: 10:10am On Apr 23, 2018
Dyfunctional:
Marien hospital and Mt. Sinai are okay. I've used both of them very very well. I'll choose Marien over and over again.

Thanks bro,

I would move with this lead, even though this is a post of 2yrs

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Girls Hardly Visit The Gym? / GTB 8th Annual Autism Conference Raises Hope For Children With Autism / Bumps @ The Back Of The Neck (help Needed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.