Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1365788 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (967) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 19, 2017
Isiah42:
why must you compare are recruitment with airforce & navy. This people only run DSSC which is in civil term replacements on specialties.

Army's own is too sprawly based on both DSSC & SSC & Executive commission (which the screening was just concluded last two weeks) With this you can tell how many officers the nigerian army trains annually & the amount spent on an officer on training espectially in NDA.

You knw now they dont sale forms again so they have to wait for govt.

But na dolee!! ssc course45 will passout with Rc course 65 Masha Allah.

Bros abeg which one is Executive Commission
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2017
abiodunalasa:

Bros abeg which one is Executive Commission
Executive commissioning is a special kind of recruitment for senior Non commissioned officers. They are automatically given the rank of Major when they are moved to the officer cadre.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 19, 2017
bxboss:

Executive commissioning is a special kind of recruitment for senior Non commissioned officers. They are automatically given the rank of Major when they are moved to the officer cadre.
Ok thanks
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Yomi24: 10:23am On Jul 20, 2017
Note
EC r gvn to other ranks nt below d rank if Sargent, trained for 6 months nd Commissioned as Lieutenant nd can not go beyond d rank of Major, means dey r retired as a Major. Una hear ba? Dnt confuse yrslf here! Best of luck to u guys.
Am a Lt in d NA.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by veraiyke(m): 10:48am On Jul 20, 2017
Yomi24:
Note
EC r gvn to other ranks nt below d rank if Sargent, trained for 6 months nd Commissioned as Lieutenant nd can not go beyond d rank of Major, means dey r retired as a Major. Una hear ba? Dnt confuse yrslf here! Best of luck to u guys.
Am a Lt in d NA.
Any info on when ssc form will be out this year?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by johnmarcel(m): 11:04pm On Jul 20, 2017
they will be no ssc form dis year reason being that the stipulated time for the form as elapsed.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by johnmarcel(m): 11:05pm On Jul 20, 2017
that the information am gettng
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by slyd90(m): 12:37am On Jul 21, 2017
johnmarcel:
they will be no ssc form dis year reason being that the stipulated time for the form as elapsed.

lets keep watch....
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Yomi24: 6:42am On Jul 21, 2017
veraiyke:
Any info on when ssc form will be out this year?
Not certain ds year... However, keep checking d website.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 21, 2017
I heard Buratai is still insisting that there should be no intake for army short service this year or so ....I don't know
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by johnmarcel(m): 12:16pm On Jul 21, 2017
Yomi24:
Note
Am a Lt in d NA.
i pray so
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2017
Yomi24:

Not certain ds year... However, keep checking d website.

Good day Officer...
I went thru ur profile and I discovered that you were part of 13/14 ssc intake. I found your invaluable contributions in the Thread created back in 2013 for Army ssc/dssc process.

Pls sir I have few questions I will like to ask, and I will be more than happy if you can, as an experienced Bros, educate me and some others in this room.

1. How exactly do Army check whether one has flat foot or not ? I mean how exactly did they check applicants legs while at camp in Kaduna ?

2. The 3.2m run pls how hard is it ? Like do some people actually failed it ? Though I run every weekend normally, I just wanna know how well to prepare.

3. I saw one of ur post where you said you use to do 80-100 push ups at a go. Pls any hint on how I can develop to this level too, because I hardly do 35 at a go

Thank you sir
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by NNAMDIII(m): 6:26pm On Jul 21, 2017
abiodunalasa:

Good day Officer...
I went thru ur profile and I discovered that you were part of 13/14 ssc intake. I found your invaluable contributions in the Thread created back in 2013 for Army ssc/dssc process.

Pls sir I have few questions I will like to ask, and I will be more than happy if you can, as an experienced Bros, educate me and some others in this room.

1. How exactly do Army check whether one has flat foot or not ? I mean how exactly did they check applicants legs while at camp in Kaduna ?

2. The 3.2m run pls how hard is it ? Like do some people actually failed it ? Though I run every weekend normally, I just wanna know how well to prepare.

3. I saw one of ur post where you said you use to do 80-100 push ups at a go. Pls any hint on how I can develop to this level too, because I hardly do 35 at a go

Thank you sir
Okay lemme help you, i don't know about SSC, I'm going to use NDA as an example but I think it's the same way they do medicals in NDA that they do in SSC

1: They'll check if there's an arc in your foot, if you don't have an arc that means you have flat foot.

2: The 3.2km race is all about endurance, yes some people are usually eliminated in the race. Establish a particular pace or a constant pace which you can start with and end up with,without stopping or gassing out.

NOTE: Don't be too fast or slow when jogging, just maintain a constant speed.The importance of this race is to control your breathing habits and also build your endurance spirit

3: They'll never tell you to do press up in the interview, if you want to increase it just start adding 10 to the press up you do every week eg you normally do 35,just increase it to 45,i know that it's hard but just try. From 45 you'll increase it to 55, it's just a gradual process sir!!! Good luck sir!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Yomi24: 8:35pm On Jul 21, 2017
NNAMDIII:
Okay lemme help you, i don't know about SSC, I'm going to use NDA as an example but I think it's the same way they do medicals in NDA that they do in SSC

1: They'll check if there's an arc in your foot, if you don't have an arc that means you have flat foot.

2: The 3.2km race is all about endurance, yes some people are usually eliminated in the race. Establish a particular pace or a constant pace which you can start with and end up with,without stopping or gassing out.

NOTE: Don't be too fast or slow when jogging, just maintain a constant speed.The importance of this race is to control your breathing habits and also build your endurance spirit

3: They'll never tell you to do press up in the interview, if you want to increase it just start adding 10 to the press up you do every week eg you normally do 35,just increase it to 45,i know that it's hard but just try. From 45 you'll increase it to 55, it's just a gradual process sir!!! Good luck sir!!

U v said it all. Well done!
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Yomi24: 8:37pm On Jul 21, 2017
abiodunalasa:

Good day Officer...

Thank you sir
Mail me: afadab4me@yahoo.com
Will put u tru anything u dnt understand.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 21, 2017
Yomi24:

U v said it all. Well done!
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 21, 2017
NNAMDIII:

I have been educated at last ! Bro oya chop kiss kiss you have no idea how happy I am right now. Thank you so much for helping out. May you always find people to help u too.

one last thing though, how do I measure the Kilometres that I cover whenever am running in my neighborhood ? I don't have Sport Tracker.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Yomi24: 9:01pm On Jul 21, 2017
Heatup47:

Bro pls I intend reducing my age(am 29Yrs) to apply for SSC or leave it and apply for DSSC. I studied Information Management Technology.

what's your advice.
Go for DSSC nd apply under Directorate of Army Public Relations, dy need u @ Army HQ wt dt course. U hear ba?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 21, 2017
Yomi24:

Mail me: afadab4me@yahoo.com
Will put u tru anything u dnt understand.

Aiit bro, thanks for taking me in. I will message asap. kiss
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 21, 2017
Yomi24:

Go for DSSC nd apply under Directorate of Army Public Relations, dy need u @ Army HQ wt dt course. U hear ba?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by BOJO123(m): 1:59am On Jul 22, 2017
under what department can a graduate of political science apply in the army?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by nopretense: 8:20am On Jul 22, 2017
Yomi24:
Note
Am a Lt in d NA.
Pls, under which unit can a graduate of microbiology apply?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by johnmarcel(m): 8:49am On Jul 22, 2017
thanks to the guys who helps to keep de spirit high, with dia ainformation and advise, but i have a question to ask
* is it possible for de navy and airforce to recruit (dssc) with de army not doing Thiers (DSSC&SSC) on de same year?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 22, 2017
BOJO123:
under what department can a graduate of political science apply in the army?

Go for SSC not DSSC

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Yomi24: 10:56am On Jul 22, 2017
nopretense:
Join me on Instagram...... Yomi24.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by odimbannamdi(m): 11:27am On Jul 22, 2017
abiodunalasa:

Good day Officer...

Thank you sir

Hello bro,

I see answers have already been offered to your queries. But i still want to add mine, based on my personal experience at last year's SSC course 44 screening, which i believe is most recent.

1. Presence of a flat feet is checked during physical/body examination. the examination holds at 1Div Hospital, new NDA site, and during the examination, you would be stripped naked, and made to stand with your feet making joined together in a V shape.

At this juncture, if you are flat-footed, it would be visible as your feet would make a V shape whose tip is deeper than the regular V. The doctor that will check you guys at this stage will have a lot of candidates to attend to and he may not be able to diagnose it completely

So, a second stage of the medical review is usually organized to review cases of candidates who fell short of the required benchmark. In this stage, if you were diagnosed of having a flat-feet, you will be brought before medical officers who would then objectively look at your case and finally decide.

2. Being on the muscular side, this was my fear too, but i overcame it easily. The trick is ENDURE! i didnt get to run the race coz i was evicted at, but me and my guys did the mock race using that big NDA parade ground. That parade ground is a standard field size and me and guys went round it as much as 6-8times every evening despite the screen stress.

Like i said, the trick is ENDURANCE. When it looks like you have run out of breathe, you village people are telling you to stop, dont stop! Keep your steady pace. Soon, your body will get used to the breathing pattern and u will begin to enjoy it. Soon, however, you would begin to have piercing pains in your tibia, but before it becomes severe, you would have finished the race. Soon too, your body will get used to the pains and it will adjust too.

Besides, its a almost a taboo to walk on NDA grounds. you must double from point A to B. So, before the race day, you would have done lots and lots of jogging and you will be prepared.

Check my threads to read up my experience in NDA.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by odimbannamdi(m): 11:31am On Jul 22, 2017
nopretense:

That is my course of study too, bro.

Microbiology will fall under SSC coz DSSC advertises Medical Lab Science instead of Microbiology.

And in SSC, key units are Infantry (these are the foot soldiers and are referred to as "The Queen of the battle), Armoury, Artillery, Supply and Transport, Intelligence etc.

From what we were told in screening, a large number will go to infantry corps.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by odimbannamdi(m): 11:40am On Jul 22, 2017
Yomi24:
Mail me: afadab4me@yahoo.com Will put u tru anything u dnt understand.
godfather, i stand at Tion and pay you packard compliments
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 22, 2017
odimbannamdi:

Hello bro,

I see answers have already been offered to your queries. But i still want to add mine, based on my personal experience at last year's SSC course 44 screening, which i believe is most recent.

1. Presence of a flat feet is checked during physical/body examination. the examination holds at 1Div Hospital, new NDA site, and during the examination, you would be stripped naked, and made to stand with your feet making joined together in a V shape.

At this juncture, if you are flat-footed, it would be visible as your feet would make a V shape whose tip is deeper than the regular V. The doctor that will check you guys at this stage will have a lot of candidates to attend to and he may not be able to diagnose it completely

So, a second stage of the medical review is usually organized to review cases of candidates who fell short of the required benchmark. In this stage, if you were diagnosed of having a flat-feet, you will be brought before medical officers who would then objectively look at your case and finally decide.

2. Being on the muscular side, this was my fear too, but i overcame it easily. The trick is ENDURE! i didnt get to run the race coz i was evicted at, but me and my guys did the mock race using that big NDA parade ground. That parade ground is a standard field size and me and guys went round it as much as 6-8times every evening despite the screen stress.

Like i said, the trick is ENDURANCE. When it looks like you have run out of breathe, you village people are telling you to stop, dont stop! Keep your steady pace. Soon, your body will get used to the breathing pattern and u will begin to enjoy it. Soon, however, you would begin to have piercing pains in your tibia, but before it becomes severe, you would have finished the race. Soon too, your body will get used to the pains and it will adjust too.

Besides, its a almost a taboo to walk on NDA grounds. you must double from point A to B. So, before the race day, you would have done lots and lots of jogging and you will be prepared.

Check my threads to read up my experience in NDA.

Bros I have stumbled upon ur thread about ur experience at course 44 a long time ago. I find it very encouraging and educative.
May God bless ur hustle sir for this definitive knowledge u have shared again.

Are you still gonna apply for course 45 ??
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Yomi24: 2:44pm On Jul 22, 2017
odimbannamdi:

That is my course of study too, bro.

Microbiology will fall under SSC coz DSSC advertises Medical Lab Science instead of Microbiology.

And in SSC, key units are Infantry (these are the foot soldiers and are referred to as "The Queen of the battle), Armoury, Artillery, Supply and Transport, Intelligence etc.

From what we were told in screening, a large number will go to infantry corps.

RC & SSC will dominate d Combat arm&few @ Combat support while Dssc will b combined of Combat support nd Combat services.... They r thus:
Combat Arms : Infantry, Armor
Combat Support : Artillery, Signal, Medical, Engineer, S&T.
Combat Services : Ordnance, APR, Legal Service, Chaplain, Finance, Band, etc....
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2017
odimbannamdi:

godfather, i stand at Tion and pay you packard compliments
Nice greeting cool
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Yomi24: 2:48pm On Jul 22, 2017
abiodunalasa:

I already mail you sir cool
V replied u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (967) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.