Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,866 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think (37039 Views)

I took This picture 8am Today Morning Can somebody guess wah they are doing??? / See What These Nigerian Students Are Doing At A Birthday Party (see Photos) / These 8 Signs Can Tell You If A Stock Is Doomed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by dfrost: 9:41pm On Jan 20, 2016
Words can never be spoken better than this. Words of wisdom. Big ups to the op.

Let's hope in God at all times during turbulent seasons cause only him can make the best way for us.

Most times the things we need are the simplest of all we can amass: food, shelter and clothing.

If only we can live a simple life... embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:42pm On Jan 20, 2016
Best post on NL!

1 Like

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by hadura29(m): 9:42pm On Jan 20, 2016
Got a job before my birthday (October) last year. We born me wey I no go thank God...

Sips Heineken..... grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by belloabd1914(m): 9:46pm On Jan 20, 2016
Too many to be thankful for, God please forgive my ungrateful self.
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by belloabd1914(m): 9:50pm On Jan 20, 2016
Wow, Dats like my first post ever, been a guest for over 5years, recently joined NL some 6month back. Oya show me luv guys.
grin grin angry

3 Likes

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by dfrost: 9:50pm On Jan 20, 2016
niggi4life:

I just saw the movie " Beast of no nation" and I never ever pray for war in this country Nigeria....

I pray the lord should keep them safe.....Amen

My neighbour, that movie is an eye opener for those who haven't seen war first hand. Never wish for war in any of its ramifications. I wouldn't have been born if my dad died of gunshots as a soldier. Sometimes you never know the value of what you have until you lose it. cry

3 Likes

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by Code45: 9:50pm On Jan 20, 2016
Most of this list are lies. grin
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by BABANGBALI: 9:55pm On Jan 20, 2016
dasuki,metuh,dokpesi,oritsejafor,fayose,ffk and pdp members are not your friends or family members

1 Like

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by fajani(m): 9:55pm On Jan 20, 2016
all glory be to God
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by Adesiji77: 9:56pm On Jan 20, 2016
Beautiful post. Inspirational. Motivational smiley
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by Godfullsam(m): 9:56pm On Jan 20, 2016
Atmmachine:
I use to fucck 10 pusssy in a week, but now, i hardly get just one girl in a week.

That shows I'm doing worst than i think

Receive sense

3 Likes

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by dfrost: 9:57pm On Jan 20, 2016
belloabd1914:
Wow, Dats like my first post ever, been a guest for over 5years, recently joined NL some 6month back. Oya show me luv guys.
grin grin angry

Rule 0.5 on NL: never ask for likes. NL members can actually fill your pot with likes of your post warrants it. tongue

Rule 0.7: NL is like driving on Lagos roads. You will be abused, tramped on, laughed at, jeered, but in the end, the fun is the anonymous forum. Don't take it personal. wink

Welcome on board to Seun's domain.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by ifisco(f): 9:58pm On Jan 20, 2016
hmm

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by NovusHomo(m): 10:01pm On Jan 20, 2016
Vision2045:
PERSON WEY GET GOD,GET EVERYTHING...SO NO MATTER WAT..GET GOD AND U WILL BE BETTER .

Poor people sha!
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by flawlessT(f): 10:03pm On Jan 20, 2016
So true...Forever grateful to God
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by gabbidonb(m): 10:04pm On Jan 20, 2016
The mindset of mediocre. Smh
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by watered(m): 10:04pm On Jan 20, 2016
Father in Heaven please forgive me for my ungrateful acts. Reading all of these made me know I'm so much privileged.

Bless The O Lord O my soul and forget not all of His benefits...

#ThankfulHeart
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by kingsilly(m): 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
belloabd1914:
grin grin angry

You Berra go back to guest mode grin
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by aleshmotors: 10:11pm On Jan 20, 2016
U still av data to post on nairalaland nd seun never banned u because u express ur felig on a particular topic,na God win
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by Holuwakemmy16(f): 10:19pm On Jan 20, 2016
You are not in prison. police custody,they are not using cane to give you food.

1 Like

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by placeofallure(f): 10:36pm On Jan 20, 2016
Grey law, you have reached out to me the way a pastor may not be able to. I love this and just so you know, I'm awe inspired any grateful to God for my life.
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by sage2(m): 10:37pm On Jan 20, 2016
To God be the glory. I am even eaten rice and two big meats now.
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by nobleens(f): 10:43pm On Jan 20, 2016
niggi4life:
@ OP, you are certainly right..

I just saw the movie " Beast of no nation" and I never ever pray for war in this country Nigeria....

My heart bleeds for those living in the north being terrorized by Book Haram

I pray the lord should keep them safe.....Amen

cnt help buh notice d 'book ' haram tho
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by nobleens(f): 10:45pm On Jan 20, 2016
gat me motivated,nice one
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by nellyalph: 10:46pm On Jan 20, 2016
I have Jesus
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by saasala(m): 11:03pm On Jan 20, 2016
LONJITARLE:
#9. You are not sleeping on a hospital bed...

Nyc op....

My brother, thanks o... This one na d major point o. All glory must be accorded to God alone
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by veraiyke(m): 11:24pm On Jan 20, 2016
Are you done?
GreyLaw:
This piece is divided into two: the first part for you as an individual, and the second part for us as Nigerians.

For YOU

Many times we look at our friends or neighbors and think they are doing better we are, not knowing that they are also struggling to solve their own bit of life's puzzle.

Nothing can be further than the truth. Everyone has his own share of life's troubles, but the beautiful thing is that every individual has what it takes to come through whatever challenges life has to offer.

You only have to take your eyes off your chest and look around, and you notice that there are things to be thankful for. No matter how bad you think things are, here are ten signs you're faring better than you think:

#1 You saw today

Life is not a right, but a privilege. If you were able to see the sun set last night, and wake up this morning to see the sun rise, you're doing better you probably think.

#2 You had breakfast

There are millions of people who didn't have breakfast today, and to make matters worse, they aren't sure of dinner. If you had something to eat this morning, you might be doing better than you think.

#3 You have a roof over your head

There are people living under bridges, and in refugee camps, and in all kinds of squalor. But here you are, having a place to call home. You are doing just fine.

#4 You have hope

Hope is what makes us want to keep living. If you have hope of a better tomorrow, and believe that you will achieve your goals, despite what is happening today, then, you are doing just fine. There is every reason to be thankful.

#5 You have clothes

You may not look as dapper as you want right now, but having something to hide your unclothedness in, is a reason to be thankful. That you didn't have much trouble finding something to wear today shows that you're faring better than you think.

#6 You have someone to talk to

A shoulder to cry on, ears to listen to you talk, and a heart to love, are gifts. Be grateful. You're doing better than you think, because there are people roaming the streets without friends and relatives.

#7 You can work

You have hands to work, a brain to think, legs to walk, etc., then you are OK. That dream job may not be there right now, but you have enough to get you by.

#8 You can help others

If there's someone you can feed, clothe, or help in one way or the other, it means you are better than them. Nobody has it all, so to have enough and to spare means that you are faring better than you think.

For NIGERIA

As for our country, Nigeria, we may not be like the USAs and Germanys and UKs of this world, but we have a lot to be thankful for.
Yes, there's unemployment; yes, there is Boko Haram; yes, the economy isn't good right now; and yes, it seems like things are very bad. However, we can look back and see how far we have come.

We over came the civil war, even though many lives were lost. Boko Haram, though threatening fire and brimstone, has not engulfed the whole country. Our economy may not look good right now, but people are still finding a way to survive. And with the present harsh realities on ground, Nigerians are still ingenious, hard-working, and innovative.

As the media give us grim presentations about everything happening in our country, it's so easy to think it's all gloom and doom, and forget to be thankful. We are not Somalia, neither are we Iraq, or Afghanistan, or Syria. And though we sympathize with these countries, we should be grateful that Nigeria hasn't failed.

We may actually be doing better than we want to think. Whatever is happening today, has happened to other great countries of the world, and with time and focus we WILL get it right!

Paraphrased from: http://www.hardcrunch.com/discovery/10-signs-you-are-doing-better-than-you-think.html

cc. lalasticlala ishilove seun
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 20, 2016
What ticks me off is when smart @$$ people like you think they're an expert in solving life problems.

Yea like
Going through a mid life crisis in your early twenties, watch it spiral outta control...
quit school cos the grades suck so bad meaning it's not what you're good at...
then you have no Uni degrees cos duh society says it's a requirement to get a goddamn dead end job,

then no job, no job no money, still live in your parents house closing in on age 30,

even friends you knew in high school just for dome odd reason don't give a flying Fûck about you no more,
sister thinks you're nothing but a psycho all cos you saw her crying on her way in & when you found out why, dashed out with a knife in fury to defend her honour & pride as a big brother but months later same sister snitches on you,
& has you put in a happy house & most likely wishes you were deserted there,
then you start to conclude maybe you're not ever in the least bit capable of attracting a female let a lone have a relationship or get married regardless of how good looking people say you are cos you've never had any gf & you wonder if no one wants you to be their bf,
no relevant skills to get a sidejob,
no money to pay for tuition should you decide to back to the horror that is "school",

mother quit the marriage & left when you were 18,

Pops is sick af with kidney problems with no cash in sight to pay for a damn surgery to save his life,

With the threat of the landlady throwing you out the house cos "dat rent money doe"

Can't sleep at night cos of Insomnia + no electricity + mosquitoes & all you do is toss & turn at night till morning before you get 3hrs of sleep & wake up with migraines & body aches cos the anxiety is winning by the second which leads to open possibility of SUICIDE!

So yea tell me how to fix that Mr Expert, I'd like your expertise & input if you're patient enough to read though this.
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by FILEBE(m): 11:30pm On Jan 20, 2016
niggi4life:
@ OP, you are certainly right..

My heart bleeds for those living in the north being terrorized by Boko Haram...

I believe that movie is about what happened in Sierria leone some time ago. I know it's an adaptation of the book of same name. I do have a documentary on Child soldiers and Rebels in Sierria Leone. You nee to watch that documentary and see real killings and tortue. I watched that documentary and started cursing anyone who prays Nigeria or any part of the world should be at war. Mehn..... It's great to be alive first.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by delors(m): 12:08am On Jan 21, 2016
Mehn...thank God o
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by Nobody: 2:33am On Jan 21, 2016
Silly cliched reasoning sad
Re: 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think by Uchbebe46(m): 3:00am On Jan 21, 2016
#after every thing you r still alive

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Reaches Out To A Poor Old Man After Seeing His Picture On Facebook. Photos / Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. / Missing Wallet, ID Cards & Money Found By A Lady (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.