Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) (53009 Views)

Many Passengers Killed In Accident On Enugu/Onitsha Road (Graphic Photos) / Fatal Accident Along Ore-lagos Express Way, 8 People Confirmed Dead (photos) / Tanker Burning Along Ore-Lagos Expressway - Bishops10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by EKITI001: 10:33pm On Jan 20, 2016
[PHOTOS] UNIOSUN Graduate “A Corper” Shares His Terrible Accident Experience Along Ore Road, 8 People Died

[img]http://3.bp..com/-SzpzxDRJcCc/Vp_58ZYZAaI/AAAAAAAAMa8/cUOO3IHLTtk/s640/uniosun%2Bgraduate%2Bn%2Bcorper%2Bin%2Ban%2Baccident%2Bvddd.jpg[/img]

A Naija (Graduate of Uniosun, Abati Olamilekan) sent this in for us:-

My name is Abati Lekan, a graduate of Osun State University. I am a corp member serving at Abia State. I had an accident on my way to Aba (my place of ppa) along Ore road last week Tuesday (O5/01/2016)...

[img]http://1.bp..com/-pmaYFqCB9Ww/Vp_57eK2HbI/AAAAAAAAMas/m3CcRgONRKg/s640/uniosun%2Bgraduate%2Bn%2Bcorper%2Bin%2Ban%2Baccident%2B.jpg[/img]

On that fateful morning, prior to the accident, the driver made up his mind that didn’t want to drive the bus again, because he had a disagreement with his company ‘OHLOMA LINE’ (Abule-Egba), Lagos State about logistics and loading fees. After a while, they reached an agreement with the driver, so we kick-started our journey some minutes after 8am.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-lihjDL4NgKw/Vp_57gvQ2DI/AAAAAAAAMaw/PsDlrTENiUs/s640/uniosun%2Bgraduate%2Bn%2Bcorper%2Bin%2Ban%2Baccident%2Bdfd%2B.jpg[/img]

When we got to the normal stop-over at Ore Park, Ondo state. I approached him and told him that “Oga nawa oo, u no want stop for us before abi”, all he responded was “Wetin I do?” He then frowned and left my sight, even before then, he was driving like someone who knew he was going to die that particular day, with his indecent driving. Four minutes after we had all eased ourselves, we continued our journey.

As we were approaching Benin, I told the person seated next to me that I was scared, that the driver was making me restless. Not long after that, a jeep ran hit us hard, the jeep was said to be approaching Ore, as explained by Road Safety Officials. They explained that the driver slept off so he unconsciously swinged from his lane to our own lane.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-JZx9ia4P6MM/Vp_579lo_nI/AAAAAAAAMa0/0lMPEEZHAAg/s640/uniosun%2Bgraduate%2Bn%2Bcorper%2Bin%2Ban%2Baccident%2Bn%2B%2B2.jpg[/img]

All I knew was a vehicle hit us hard, and all I heard was ‘Gbaaah!!!’ When I woke up everywhere was dark, it was like I was dreaming, I couldn’t help myself out, three people were on me, I couldn’t breathe easily, and I was crying and shouting repeatedly for an helper, not even knowing two of those three people ontop of me were lifeless..

The breath I was breathing out was the same I was breathing in, it was a very tough decision to make, whether to give up fighting for breath or not. Then I began to shake my leg continually, someone outside noticed the bus was shaking, so he had to break the rear glass and pulled me out.

When I eventually got out of the vehicle, I then realised it wasn’t a dream, we had lost 5 people in the bus, including the driver, the person sitted next to him, we also lost a corper at that spot and two beautiful children lying lifeless in the gutter.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-iHrfG4OWrE4/Vp_56SQDDPI/AAAAAAAAMag/wcHQlwHqxhM/s640/uniosun%2Bgraduate%2Bn%2Bcorper%2Bin%2Ban%2Baccident%2B%2Bdd.jpg[/img]

I began to cry, i couldn’t hold my emotions, and couldn’t believe my eyes still. On Thursday (06/01/16) three people were again confirmed dead (We lost another corp member, making it two dead corp members). It was really a terrible experience for me, but God brought me out alive, I should have shared this before now, but I was just discharged at the hospital.
May the souls of the dead Rest In Peace!!!!

[img]http://3.bp..com/-Jkkz6Ntq7Ac/Vp_57KVlRhI/AAAAAAAAMao/jYbyNVid5Gg/s640/uniosun%2Bgraduate%2Bn%2Bcorper%2Bin%2Ban%2Baccident%2B%2Bdddd.jpg[/img]

cc lalasticlala

SOURCE: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2016/01/photos-uniosun-graduate-corper-shares.html

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by 2el(m): 10:36pm On Jan 20, 2016
Thank God for your life

FG should scrap NYSC; imagine a scheme without

1. Health insurance
2. meagre allowance (N19800)

and you want corpers to work like a normal staff who is earning 100k plus.

A level 8 teacher in Akwa ibom ibom is earning N105,000

while a corper earn 19800+10000(state allawee) and the govt want work output to be d same.

its time for govt to review the pay structure of the scheme or scrap it.

Akwa ibom , Abuja, Lagos Port Harcourt, Borno , Yobe , Adamawwa corpers need to be given utmost consideration in reviewing d pay structure.

**imagine risking ones life from Lagos to Bauchi or Sokoto to Calabar coupled with bad road and proximity to armed robbers.

#FGRestructureNYSC

God bless the dead!

118 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by MissingBudget: 10:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
Sad something... cry Thank God for your life. The way one blacks out in an accident is shocking. It's happened to me.
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by babyfaceafrica: 10:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
Baba God nooni

1 Like

Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 20, 2016
You actually penned this while at the hospital?

Thank God for your life though.

Hope your folks from Ikire campus are keeping in touch.

Get well.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by auntysimbiat(f): 10:49pm On Jan 20, 2016
we thank God for life bro[size=1pt]cc lalasticlala seun [/size]

4 Likes

Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by looseweight: 10:59pm On Jan 20, 2016
So sad of a story.

RIP to the dead.
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by kachnov(m): 10:59pm On Jan 20, 2016
God...this is bad
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Aminat508(f): 11:01pm On Jan 20, 2016
Uniosun shocked shocked
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Sunofgod(m): 11:01pm On Jan 20, 2016
. . . .and you still de blog/post from intensive care - Nairaland addiction self!

Chai . . .

1 Like

Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Modsenemy(f): 11:04pm On Jan 20, 2016
2el:
Thank God for your life

FG should scrap NYSC; imagine a scheme without

1. Health insurance
2. meagre allowance (N19800)

and you want corpers to work like a normal staff who is earning 100k plus.

A level 8 teacher in Akwa ibom ibom is earning N105,000

while a corper earn 19800+10000(state allawee) and the govt want work output to be d same.

its time for govt to review the pay structure of the scheme or scrap it.

Akwa ibom , Abuja, Lagos Port Harcourt, Borno , Yobe , Adamawwa corpers need to be given utmost consideration in reviewing d pay structure.
Is this the proper time to raise this kind of comment?

Whether 19800 or not, won't u still travel.?

Op congrats though. I'm really happy fr u

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by SirLegal(m): 11:04pm On Jan 20, 2016
All thanks to the sumum Bonum of Life.

So sorry for the departed ones.
VALAR MORGHULIS.

2 Likes

Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by deewhone(f): 11:04pm On Jan 20, 2016
Feel for d late corpers' parents

7 Likes

Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by jeffcole(m): 11:05pm On Jan 20, 2016
God did what only him can do on your behalf..
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by rukkyland(m): 11:05pm On Jan 20, 2016
Um!! life drama. it can only be God.
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by henryugo(m): 11:06pm On Jan 20, 2016
Thanks be to God that u survive,RIP to the dead,its terrible.
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Houseofglam7(f): 11:06pm On Jan 20, 2016
Oh jeez!
May their souls rest in peace
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by balash(m): 11:07pm On Jan 20, 2016
We need the federal road safety Corp members to stepup sincerely on their work and they should be stationed at every state toll gate before you embark on a journey you should be tested on your level of sanity and know if you not tipsy.

Like seriously the guy who skipped his road to their lane would surely be either drunk from alcohol or tired and weak from the same alcohol. Because a sane human would never embark on a long trip whilst sleepy or weak. May their soul rest in peace

2 Likes

Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by unilagfreshest(m): 11:07pm On Jan 20, 2016
Almost in tears.. Thank God for ur life.. RIP to the dead..considering the fact I pass through that road 6 tyms last year to and fro.. Am grateful lord

3 Likes

Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by PraiseSuccess: 11:07pm On Jan 20, 2016
Wat an experience.... Thank God for preservation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by DrChatNuff: 11:08pm On Jan 20, 2016
speeding!speeding!!speeding!!!....we NEVER learn, cant imagine how many will die if roads were even better, crazy statement but true.

1 Like

Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by cutetopsey(f): 11:08pm On Jan 20, 2016
grin
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Cutehector(m): 11:08pm On Jan 20, 2016
embarassed
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by davedpo(m): 11:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
thank God 4 ur lyf bro....... everything is really meaniless at service year one shuld lost just lyk dat , guys it isnt funny ooooo
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by diva90: 11:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
Wow terrible shocked
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by beejay877(m): 11:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
So sad. Tank God 4 ur life.
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Folksyharry(m): 11:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
What a tragic experience. Thank God you made it put alive. May the soul of the deceased rest in peace.
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by chidextec: 11:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
My good Lord.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Commuters Stranded As Flood Takes Over Obafemi Awolowo Way In Ikeja, Lagos / Ring Road, Benin-city: See The Works Of Art That Adorn This City Center (PHOTOS) / Rainbow At Ikorodu Today (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.