Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,797 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) (52989 Views)

Many Passengers Killed In Accident On Enugu/Onitsha Road (Graphic Photos) / Fatal Accident Along Ore-lagos Express Way, 8 People Confirmed Dead (photos) / Tanker Burning Along Ore-Lagos Expressway - Bishops10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by nurex01(m): 11:11pm On Jan 20, 2016
Inalillahi wainailehi rojihun
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Nicepoker(m): 11:12pm On Jan 20, 2016
Hmmmmm each time I successfully make that west to south trip I always thank God. Nov. Last year. The reckless driver almost killed us on top niger bridge. Thank God for ur life.
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 20, 2016
later they will say there is no God...its evolution that saved him abi?
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by sheedy407(m): 11:13pm On Jan 20, 2016
Same thing happened to me in 2007, was returning from school after I passed their post ume, all I heard was gbaaaaaaaaa, the next was people surrounding us and two people died on d spot with several severe injuries but I was pulled out with just little scratch on my hand wen I know fully well im a big sinner, then I realised that this life is just like Nepa, u never can tell when your light will off.

5 Likes

Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by eleko1: 11:18pm On Jan 20, 2016
Ur time is not yet Come. The grave can't hold the Body of JESUS,so u can't be in grave. Thank U JESUS. Sleep well to the dead embarassed sad
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Gkemz: 11:25pm On Jan 20, 2016
What an avoidable death!! That's why corp members are being warned to desist from travelling during their service year or alternatively if they must travel should obtain permission from their zonal/local inspectors so as to limit its occurrence. Anyways, may the souls of the departed RIP.
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 20, 2016
Past tense of SWING is SWUNG and not SWINGED

1 Like

Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by tuna4servi(m): 11:37pm On Jan 20, 2016
OmG!
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by ugonna1054(m): 11:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
God have mercy........ma we all never die untimely Amem.......
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by oluwasegun007(m): 11:40pm On Jan 20, 2016
thank God for your life ooooo.....

also using diz medium to thank God for sparing my life to because I finished my nysc last October without any incidence of accident...... to God be the glory...

and also for his mercies upon my family....

2 Likes

Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by blackboy2star(m): 11:42pm On Jan 20, 2016
Baba GOD noni... Praise to HIM and RIP to the dead.
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Etizz: 11:50pm On Jan 20, 2016
I swear, the death of dat corpa touched my soul, I felt so much for him........

My spirit is cold right now....

God please help my younger brother who is serving right now and other Corp members also.....

2 Likes

Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by sluk(m): 11:54pm On Jan 20, 2016
2el:
Thank God for your life

FG should scrap NYSC; imagine a scheme without

1. Health insurance
2. meagre allowance (N19800)

and you want corpers to work like a normal staff who is earning 100k plus.

A level 8 teacher in Akwa ibom ibom is earning N105,000

while a corper earn 19800+10000(state allawee) and the govt want work output to be d same.

its time for govt to review the pay structure of the scheme or scrap it.

Akwa ibom , Abuja, Lagos Port Harcourt, Borno , Yobe , Adamawwa corpers need to be given utmost consideration in reviewing d pay structure.

I know you, see you tomorrow @ odoro ikot
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by juliuscapps(m): 11:54pm On Jan 20, 2016
Thank God for you.
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Toks2008(m): 11:55pm On Jan 20, 2016
Speechless. May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

ACCEPTING JESUS CHRIST AS LORD AND SAVIOUR IS THE GREATEST INSURANCE FOR OUR SOUL BECAUSE WE CAN LEAVE THIS WORLD AT ANY TIME T WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.

Be wise and accept Christ this minute while you still can because the greatest mistake of any human is to be caught dead without having Jesus Christ as lord and Saviour.
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by 2el(m): 12:01am On Jan 21, 2016
sluk:

I know you, see you tomorrow @ odoro ikot

lol....you don't know me...OYO lowa
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by adexfrosh(m): 12:06am On Jan 21, 2016
cutetopsey:
grin
y d hell ar u smillin
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 12:14am On Jan 21, 2016
1) Thank God for your life
2) R.I.P to those who did not make it
3) FG scrap this goddamned NYSC scheme till you are ready to provide adequate facilities, good insurance coverage and safe transportation for travelling corpers! too many avoidable deaths over a pointless and unnecessary program!

1 Like

Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Oghumu1(m): 12:20am On Jan 21, 2016
Get well soon brother!!. There's a reason for everything happening. God's protection shall not depart from our lives
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by truetalknow: 12:21am On Jan 21, 2016
Total nonsense , this N Y S C nonsense should be Destroied. How Many more needs to die and how Many so called polliticians served . nonsense
babyfaceafrica:
Baba God nooni
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Codyt(m): 12:31am On Jan 21, 2016
unilagfreshest:
Almost in tears.. Thank God for ur life.. RIP to the dead..considering the fact I pass through that road 6 tyms last year to and fro.. Am grateful lord
Honestly me too. God is good
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by texazzpete(m): 12:42am On Jan 21, 2016
2el:
Thank God for your life

FG should scrap NYSC; imagine a scheme without

1. Health insurance
2. meagre allowance (N19800)

and you want corpers to work like a normal staff who is earning 100k plus.

A level 8 teacher in Akwa ibom ibom is earning N105,000

while a corper earn 19800+10000(state allawee) and the govt want work output to be d same.

its time for govt to review the pay structure of the scheme or scrap it.

Akwa ibom , Abuja, Lagos Port Harcourt, Borno , Yobe , Adamawwa corpers need to be given utmost consideration in reviewing d pay structure.

**imagine risking ones life from Lagos to Bauchi or Sokoto to Calabar coupled with bad road and proximity to armed robbers.

#FGRestructureNYSC

God bless the dead!

Let's be frank. This has nothing to do with the proper application of the NYSC scheme. According to regulations, you're not supposed to travel once you're posted to your place of assignment.

Multiple people lost their lives, including children. Please stop reducing this into a 'corper' issue. This accident was caused by a sleeping driver , not by the FG or by NYSC

2 Likes

Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by slimzey91: 12:49am On Jan 21, 2016
Tnk u jesus for not making my family and friends mourn over me. . . All tru my service year, it was u BaBa God that did it for me. RIP 2 Uche. My cd vice president. . .
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 1:40am On Jan 21, 2016
Thank God I traveled to Taraba state from Osogbo for my 3weeks orientation in camp safely and came bk safely. That's one of d reasons I redeployed. Now serving in oyo state now. By the way I'm a Uniosun graduate as well. @op thank God for ur life and which uniosun campus were you?
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 1:47am On Jan 21, 2016
may God grant those dead corpers and little innocent kids eternal rest. And may all serving corpers travelling around the country get to their destinations safely especially my sister whose a serving corper..I vowed never to do this rubbish called NYSC..a program that does nothing for the graduates..I know how many are dead either through election crisis,boko haram,kidnapping,road accidents..This rubbish should be scrapped

1 Like

Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 2:13am On Jan 21, 2016
I ply the Lagos-Ore-Benin route countless times, I can't help but thank God for keeping me safe from accidents.
#getwellsoon
#RIP to the dead.
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by mickky88: 2:17am On Jan 21, 2016
I pray every evil plan over us shall be destroy totally in Jesus name Amen

RIP to the dead
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Excuzeme: 3:23am On Jan 21, 2016
MissingBudget:
Sad something... cry Thank God for your life. The way one blacks out in an accident is shocking. It's happened to me.

Me too, less than 8weeks ago!
Vehicle rolled-over many times and ended-up facing where it was coming from! shocked

Each time it flipped, l hit my head and 'regained conciousness" while things in the car will pour on my head... then l will go back to "sleep" only to be "woken-up" when it repeats the flip! angry angry

To the glory of God, it finally stopped flipping and the final "landing" jarred me back to conciousness!

Within those few minutes or seconds (l dont really know how long), l saw my whole life in "fast-replay" and knew l would be causing hardship to a lot of people, if l died like that.

Surprisingly even to me, l unhooked my belt, cleared my AirBags from my chest area and GOT OUT of the vehicle. I was wondering whether l was even dead and just dreaming..... then l saw headlights on the other side of the road as a vehicle drove past. It dawned on me that l was still alive! kiss kiss
Apart from my drivers door, practically nothing is left of the vehicle, everything was mangled - Complete write-off!
Funnily, the Music system never stopped playing...and still playing!
But God is merciful and shows mercy to the "undeserved" like me.... and l thank Him.
I will live all my days, l will fulfil my destiny and see the children of my children, IJN... I am standing on God's promise, in HIS WORD, to me.

May God console the relatives of those who died and bring them succour.

I think l know how they are feeling right now.

4 Likes

Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Excuzeme: 3:31am On Jan 21, 2016
texazzpete:

Let's be frank. This has nothing to do with the proper application of the NYSC scheme. According to regulations, you're not supposed to travel once you're posted to your place of assignment.

Multiple people lost their lives, including children. Please stop reducing this into a 'corper' issue. This accident was caused by a sleeping driver , not by the FG or by NYSC

While l agree with you on the 'cause of the accident', ... Poster is using this opportunity to highlight the difficulties Corpers on "National Assignment", face.

Will a "posted Corper" still not TRAVEL to his place of assignment ...and still travel back after completion of such assignment?

Accidents happen even within "city-driving" how much more if you have to travel say from Osun to Sokoto, for your primary assignment?

It takes just "one trip" ..... that we are alive, is just by the grace of God

1 Like

Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by akinladejo: 4:02am On Jan 21, 2016
Oh boy congratulations! pls don't walk round o because of that your collar so that u will not injure ur spine.
Re: Terrible Accident Involving Corpers Along Ore Road (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 4:36am On Jan 21, 2016
Thank God for your life. I have an unusual fear of road accidents, seeing this alone makes travelling hard for me. all the same thank God for your life. rip to the dead, imagine the pain their family will have to go thru now. it is well sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Commuters Stranded As Flood Takes Over Obafemi Awolowo Way In Ikeja, Lagos / Kaduna-Abuja Train Breaks Down In Bush By 2am, Stranded Passengers Cry Out / What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.