Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

When Is The Best Time To Take Fruits As A Meal - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / When Is The Best Time To Take Fruits As A Meal (19024 Views)

7 Things Not To Do After A Meal / Do You Eat A Meal Inside A Public Transport ? / 7 Dangerous Acts After A Meal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is The Best Time To Take Fruits As A Meal by teetee2(f): 11:28am On Jun 24, 2009
Health tips always advice fruits and vegetable as part of our daily meals. When is the appropriate time to take fruits and which one of them is rich to revitalise body when one is taking drugs. Thanks
Re: When Is The Best Time To Take Fruits As A Meal by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 24, 2009
I eat atleast 2 fruits in the morning with my breakfast and at lunch. SOMETIMES at dinner too.

But the best times, IMO, is breakfast and lunch wink
Re: When Is The Best Time To Take Fruits As A Meal by ifyalways(f): 5:07pm On Jun 24, 2009
Its best to eat fruits b4 breakfast ie on an empty stomach,Reason :it wud help detoxify ur system.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Take Fruits As A Meal by mamagee3(f): 2:45am On Jun 25, 2009
After Lunch
Re: When Is The Best Time To Take Fruits As A Meal by mohawkchic(f): 6:26pm On Jun 25, 2009
~Hmm. . Dunno ! I eat certain fruits as & when i crave for it. . i tend to eat fruits more inbetween meals to stop my snacking

~According to  http://www.healthmad.com/Nutrition/Five-Fruits-That-Will-Energize-Your-Body-and-Spirit.122828

Strawberries

Strawberries have excellent sources of fiber, more vitamin than an orange, and can maintain normal blood sugar levels by just eating one cup.
Strawberries also can clean out harmful toxin in the blood, and remove tartar from teeth, plus strengthen the gum.

Avocado

Avocados supply lots of cancer fighting antioxidants. If you think they are loaded with fat then you are right, but the fat are monounsaturated fat, which are good for you fat.
Avocado has been used to aid people with sexual problems, help with digestive and circulatory problem.

Kiwi

Kiwi can help reduce blood clotting, which can contribute to heart attacks. Two or three kiwi a day equal a daily dose of an aspirin. Best of all, kiwi is all natural, and gives no side-effect. Kiwi is also high in fiber which helps protect from heart disease, diabetes, and colon cancer.

Kiwi is also known for uses in treating wheezing, and coughing.

Watermelon

Watermelon contains a good source of potassium, vitamins A and C. Just two cups of watermelon provides 18 milligrams of cancer-fighting antioxidant lycopene, more than in a medium tomato.

It is also advised to keep watermelon at room temperature since they have much higher levels of antioxidants (beta-carotene and lycopene) than those that keep in the refrigerator. They are even better than freshly picked melons. Cool watermelon a few hours before cutting and serving since once cut, it should be refrigerated.

Re: When Is The Best Time To Take Fruits As A Meal by mohawkchic(f): 6:31pm On Jun 25, 2009
Plums

Plums come in many different colors, and provide a good source of vitamin C, A, B2, beta-carotene, and potassium. Plums are also a great source of dietary fiber.
Plums help to reduce and protect the symptom of cold, flu, asthma, heart disease, stroke, rheumatoid arthritis, and cancer. It also helps absorb iron in the body, and a great natural laxative.

Banana

Eating just two bananas will give you the energy for a 90 minute aerobic workout. Eating a potassium-rich banana for breakfast helps wake your brain up and the potassium in a banana is also good for calming you down when you’re stressed. A banana is high in iron, fibre, vitamin A and vitamin B. Eating a banana is recommended if you have heartburn or an ulcer because of its antacid effect. Bananas also contain tryptophan, which the body converts to serotonin – the happy hormone! See what we mean about how good it is?!

Oranges

Fat-free, sodium-free and cholesterol-free, oranges have a high level of antioxidants, which combat ageing. High in fibre, a medium-sized orange will supply you with 130% of your daily requirement of vitamin but once you’ve cut or squeezed an orange, eat it soon as it will quickly lose its vitamin C content

Pineapple

Pineapple is a tropical fruit, it contains a proteolytic enzyme bromelain, which helps in the digestion of protein. Pineapple can prevent blood clot formation because of its bromelain content.
Stock up on these fresh fruits and eat them as often as you can.

Pineapple is Beneficial also in the following condition :

• It is regulates the gland and found to be helpful in cases of goiter(enlargement of the thyroid gland).
• Dyspepsia (chronic digestive disturbance).
• Bronchitis (inflammation of the bronchial tubes.)
• Catarrh (secretions from mucous membranes).
• High Blood pressure.
• Arthritis (diseases of the joints)
• Fresh pineapple juice is also used in removing intestinal worms.
• Fresh pineapple juice has been used to combat diptheria and other infections of the throat or other parts of the body.
• Prevents nausea (includes morning sickness and motion sickness), Take 230 cc. of pineapple juice or papaya juice.
• Constipation

Most of these fruits are small in sizes, so eating two or three servings a day is possible. Healthy mind, healthy body, and healthy spirit will yield a better life.

Re: When Is The Best Time To Take Fruits As A Meal by Secretz(f): 8:59pm On Jun 25, 2009
Well. . . . apparently. . . . according to 'UK GOvernment Health officials' or whatever they call themselves. . . .

It's supposed to be 5 a day. . . . . (mixture of fruit and veg) . . . . whether it's from the tin, in the form of a juice . . . . . or however. Between main meals works best for me, and defo as part of a breakfast. grin
Re: When Is The Best Time To Take Fruits As A Meal by mohawkchic(f): 2:22am On Jun 26, 2009
~5-A-Day was a gr8 initiative to get people/Kids especially eating healthy!!
Re: When Is The Best Time To Take Fruits As A Meal by TOYOSI20(f): 2:13am On Jun 29, 2009
i think its fine to have fruits for breakfast, being the first meal of the day. . .

reason being that our system is able to absorb all the necessary nutrients on an empty stomach most of the time,

and the the sugar(which is natural of course) hypes u up for the day, . . . . wink smiley

Bananas, apples, oranges, grapes, are all good choices!! smiley
Re: When Is The Best Time To Take Fruits As A Meal by Badriyyah(f): 3:49pm On Jun 29, 2009
I eat Fruits for breakfast and the have some at night if i'm craving for something sweet to eat. It's the best alternative. wink
Re: When Is The Best Time To Take Fruits As A Meal by iniguy(m): 7:16am On Jun 30, 2009
The best time to eat friuts is in the morning as part of breakfast or during the cause of the day, some friuts contain cellulose which is indigestible by the body therefore if u consume it in the day, it gives ur body time to absorb the needed vitamins. Some friuts are best taken as deserts.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Take Fruits As A Meal by zenatta: 10:55am On Jul 03, 2009
FIT FOR LIFE a book by Harvey Diamond and His wife, extensively tells you to eat fruit on an empty stomach, that is fruits must be eaten alone. It goes on to tell how we must wait for upward of twenty to forty-five minutes in case of certain fruits, watermelon and avocado, bananas, maybe pineapples before eating any thing else. I am an avid follower. Not only did I lose weight, I looked better and felt better. The book holds that food mixd with fruit putrefies.This info keeps me going. Of course this may have been my Eldorado, but you can never go wrong with befriending fruits, they are loyal and would never let you down and you look better. I eat all though I have some fave. Fruits are therapeutic too, my take. Look out for the ones appropiate to your need, f'instance, bananas and avocado help reduce blood pressure. Strictly I may not recommend taking them with your drugs since I eat fruits alone but I guess no harm done if you do.

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Time To Take Fruits As A Meal by zenatta: 11:07am On Jul 03, 2009
Mohawkchic, great post. I am crazy about nutrition, fruits and veg. Awright I'm also there for fashion and colours. Do keep posting more info about fruits.

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Time To Take Fruits As A Meal by mohawkchic(f): 8:58pm On Jul 03, 2009
~Ta. Zenatta. . .You need to grace the Fashion Section with your presence wink

~I'll browse on Amazon/Book store for mentioned Book!
Re: When Is The Best Time To Take Fruits As A Meal by zenatta: 6:14pm On Jul 06, 2009
Mohawkchic, are you this elegant. Vous etes tres elegant or is it tu es?
Having put it so nicely and sweetly, nothing will keep me away from the fashion pages. Hitherto (whoever uses these words, elegant and hitherto! except I'm trying so hard to impress you!!!), I have deliberately kept away from that page. I am a spendaholic cum shopaholic. ok I have said it on net. Isla has nothing on me. You see I have a thing for Jimmy Choo et al

After, the Holy Bible, FIT FOR LIFE is a good follow up.

@ topic; eat fruit when you have the urge to eat sugar or those calorie-laden food. I wish I'd hate food.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Take Fruits As A Meal by zenatta: 6:31pm On Jul 06, 2009
Try fruit shakes. Avocado banana and ice and many more and if you like, ginger and garlic. I also add a dash of tandoori Masala . I eat spices. THIS IS A MEAL. Shakes boost sperm count and sperm quality.

I heard somewhere that one should blend their meal. Have not tried it yet but what do I do with the yam and leafy veggies undecided
cook em first stupid. Then its no longer an alive meal, raw.

Oops! Tandoori masala is a mixture of Asian, (North Africa), spices that way you have all at once. Of course those you hate may be included. My advice; ignore if you are not allergic.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Take Fruits As A Meal by mohawkchic(f): 2:50am On Jul 07, 2009
~Am not keen on Shakes. . . fruits or otherwise,i'll stick to eating the fruits i like individually cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Foods We Did Not Like As Kids But Now Like As Adults? / What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband? / Which Of These Is Your Least preferred?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.