Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,197 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets (18942 Views)

If You Are Given This Type Of Food By Your Inlaws (picture) / See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri / Nairalanders,what Type Of Food Do You Hate/detest Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Onyegecha(f): 9:01pm On May 30, 2013
I was shocked to learn from a very reliable source, that palm oil sold in our markets is heavily adulterated with some reddish substances.
The so-called vegetable oils are even worse. Who knows whether saw dust is mixed into our garri? What about the bread we consume that is made with poisonous chemicals? The point is that NAFDAC and other regulatory agencies should save Nigerians from the hands of greedy men who value money above life.
Matters of this nature are not left to people's consciences because unscrupulous men must be stopped by uncompromising agents of the law. Share what you know about this practice in your area.

9 Likes

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 31, 2013
shocked

How come Nigerians are still alive after consuming these poisons shocked

2 Likes

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 31, 2013
Wat if palm oil is mensturation blood?
#Jst kidding...
NAFDAC are doing something about it. They even seized Some Contaminated Loaves Of Bread... Read this thread:
www.nairaland.com/1306138/nafdac-seizes-250000-contaminated-bread

2 Likes

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Ninilowo(m): 6:18pm On May 31, 2013
Honey mixed with some sticky vegetables just to increase the quantity.

2 Likes

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 31, 2013
Marthakings:
grin angry angry angry
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by harlos: 6:20pm On May 31, 2013
Chai!!! How u take know,
have you done thorough investigation.
And what is the chemical use in doing bread
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by BashMe1(m): 6:21pm On May 31, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by yuzedo: 6:22pm On May 31, 2013
huh?!?!? diffrent food in mushin macket comitt adultry wit one anoda??!?!?!?! undecided WE GIVE UPPPP!!!!!! angry angry angry

13 Likes

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Leadn(m): 6:22pm On May 31, 2013
Don't know much, buh know any red oil (palm oil) that do clog causes heart failure and stroke...
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Deiok(m): 6:23pm On May 31, 2013
naija with their fake way of getting money, even to ordinary leaves they do mix it.
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 31, 2013
NAfDAC should better seat(sit)-up
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by AbuMikey(m): 6:24pm On May 31, 2013
In one word, "Poison nor dey kill African Man"

2 Likes

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by MrSinister(m): 6:25pm On May 31, 2013
This is unverified information. This thread should be yanked off the front page. Can the op provide proof?
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 31, 2013
Abu Mikey: In one word, "Poison nor dey kill African Man"
enyioke ino ebe a?
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Opey4luv(m): 6:27pm On May 31, 2013
Nigerians value money more than their fellow Countrymen, A trusted older person once told me that some companies import milk from Europe, dilute it with water, re-package it and sell it ot us. May God help us for this country. I need Benin Republic's visa jare.
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by mitey(m): 6:28pm On May 31, 2013
Una just dey hear?

Biscuit cookies have not only be growing smaller over the years, but now taste like chemicals and sand. Since I tasted sand in Speedy biscuit a few years back and chemical-like taste in Krackjack, I have stopped eating anything that costs less than N50.

So parents beware, what you are feeding your kids may be not what you think.

I.diot companies, instead of them to simply increase their price, and give us quality products they are adulterating angry angry

1 Like

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Orikinla(m): 6:29pm On May 31, 2013
Onyegecha: I was shocked to learn that palm oil sold in our markets is heavily adulterated with some reddish substances.
The so-called vegetable oils are even worse. Who knows whether saw dust is mixed into our garri? What about the bread we consume that is made with poisonous chemicals? The point is that NAFDAC and other regulatory agencies should save Nigerians from the hands of greedy men who value money above life.
Matters of this nature are not left to people's consciences because unscrupulous men must be stopped by uncompromising agents of the law. Share what you know about this practice in your area.

Nigerian traders have poisoned millions of consumers and consumers have done nothing.
National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) and Consumer Protection Council (CPC) are not doing enough.
Many food manufacturers and food sellers or vendors deceive NAFDAC by using tricks.
They fulfill all requirements to get the approval of NAFDAC and then do as they wish later.
That is why I have started the Nigerian Consumers Opinion Forum for consumers to rate and report foods and other products and services in Nigeria as done in the US, UK and other civilized countries.

2 Likes

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 31, 2013
Dora Akunyili has gone.

1 Like

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Orikinla(m): 6:35pm On May 31, 2013
Mr.Sinister:
This is unverified information. This thread should be yanked off the front page. Can the op provide proof?

The other day, I was sold stale food at the Mr Biggs on Broad Street in Lagos, just beside the church opposite the Federal Government Press. The fish must have been two days old and they still sold it to me. I was ill for two days.
Selling bad food is evil and wicked.
Giving someone bad food to eat is witchcraft.

2 Likes

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by mployer(m): 6:38pm On May 31, 2013
Abu Mikey: In one word, "Poison nor dey kill African Man"
Sory bro, u hav six words up there

4 Likes

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:42pm On May 31, 2013
This is common with locally consumed goods. NAFDAC no fit check market women wey dey sell garri, èlubó (yam/cassava flour), ègúsí (melon), palm oil, vegetable oil. I stopped buying grinded melon & pepper when I noticed that market women add some substance to it. Now, I buy melons & peppers which I d grind myself before consumption.
-----------------------
Last Bullet: Palmwine sellers also mix palmwine with sacharine, sugar & other sweet substances before diluting it with water, just to make over 100% gain.
People just v to be orientated rightly about valueing human lives & not just their selfish gains.
pDude:
cos adulterated foods doesn't kill instantly.

2 Likes

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Iykebestbt(m): 6:42pm On May 31, 2013
I tire ooo...even the nafdac officials contribute to dis ugly menace...

When they arrive at ur company for scrutiny before/after approval, just take them inside a room and feed them with MR Bigs items till they sleep off..when they wake up they will be making way to their car...and d next thing is that ""U VE BEEN APPROVED"..

#Saying from experince#

2 Likes

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by coldgate(f): 6:43pm On May 31, 2013
I sent my boy in the office to buy me rice from sweet sensation. Lo and behold, he bought me plastic rice. I could only eat the chicken. Useless pple.

1 Like

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by MrSinister(m): 6:45pm On May 31, 2013
Iykebestbt: I tire ooo...even the nafdac officials contribute to dis ugly menace...

When they arrive at ur company for scrutiny before/after approval, just take them inside a room and feed them with MR Bigs items till they sleep off..when they wake up they will be making way to their car...and d next thing is that ""U VE BEEN APPROVED"..

#Saying from experince#

LIES!

1 Like

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by bebe2(f): 6:47pm On May 31, 2013
I was sold a bad meat pie at chicken republic or so, its in maryland opp Mr biggs. N to think I even tip them sad
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by rozayx5(m): 6:47pm On May 31, 2013
Orikinla:

The other day, I was sold stale food at the Mr Biggs on Broad Street in Lagos, just beside the church opposite the Federal Government Press. The fish must have been two days old and they still sold it to me. I was ill for two days.
Selling bad food is evil and wicked.
Giving someone bad food to eat is witchcraft.

u still dey patronise Mr biggs, then ur on a long thing, whatever happened to K FC and Chicken Repub
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by pak: 6:48pm On May 31, 2013
Onyegecha: I was shocked to learn that palm oil sold in our markets is heavily adulterated with some reddish substances.
The so-called vegetable oils are even worse. [size=13pt]Who knows whether saw dust is mixed into our garri?[/size] What about the bread we consume that is made with poisonous chemicals? The point is that NAFDAC and other regulatory agencies should save Nigerians from the hands of greedy men who value money above life.

Saw dust mixed with gari ?

You want to kill half of nairaland

1 Like

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 31, 2013
Mr.Sinister:
unfortunately it is true.When palmoil has been stored for a long time, the quality diminishes and the colour changes. so to make it look fresh and red, they add food colouring.
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by ebamma3: 6:49pm On May 31, 2013
pDude: shocked

what doesn't kill u makes u stronger

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Make Fish Stew / Dine Out This Festive Season And Take The Food Pictures / How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.