Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,646 members, 7,816,655 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

The Blessedness Of CRAMMING!!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Blessedness Of CRAMMING!!!! (1073 Views)

Cramming: Right Or Wrong? / 9 Ways To Memorise Without Cramming / CAN One Make Good Grades Without CRAMMING? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Blessedness Of CRAMMING!!!! by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 21, 2016
We have been made to believe in life that cramming is a bad act of learning or reading (somebody life...)
some people say that when you cram you will eventually forget whatever it is after the Exam (somebody life)

WHAT THEY FORGOT
Right from d inception when we started Nursery school education, we were made to learn through d process of cramming! we cram states and capital, A TO Z Poems and many other good stuff and up on till this days many of those things never left our minds! even if you cant remember them very well I belt you could still remember Abia Umahia, Adamawa - Yola! plus twinkle twinkle little star! These are all what we cram back in those days we could still recall them but when we took away cramming in our secondary school many things in different secondary school subject I cant even remember, because they say we should understand!

WHAT I DISCOVERED
when you cram what you don't understand, with time you will understand it!

From Primary 6 we have all cram d definition of a NOUN without even knowing what we are actually talking about "A Noun is a name of a person, Animal place or thing" but later in secondary school we began to know what we where actually defining!

Thats how cramming works!

There was this particular Ohms law of Current I use to cram in SS 2 (the current flowing though a given conductor is directly proportional to d potential difference at d end of d conductor provide d temperature and other physical condition remain constant ) I cram this law without understanding what it was all about! later in my final year in Computer Science we were thought electricity and this law was used and practically I then understood it all!

Thats how it works

Finally

being able to Cram well is a sigh of Sharp mind, Good brain! and Intelligence!

IN OTHER NEWS

First Class in the Universities

Distinction in Polytechnics & Colleges

Are strictly reserved for

BEST CRAMMERS !

as I was writing this I just remembered That cramming guy in 3 Idiots!!!! abeg o! no cram like that oh!

just like Gulder: CRAM RESPONSIBLY!

3 Likes

Re: The Blessedness Of CRAMMING!!!! by chukzey442(m): 10:49pm On Jan 21, 2016
Op I strongly believe you, I had this friend back then in the University, he could cram almost a whole booklet, more especially definitions and formulas, those he suspected could come up in exams, and as a matter of fact the guy made first class. But problem with craming is that if you forget a word/phrase among the sentence, YOU ARE DOOMED.

1 Like

Re: The Blessedness Of CRAMMING!!!! by haftob(m): 10:58pm On Jan 21, 2016
OP is so on point! Somebody will now come and tell me cramming is bad when ppl that graduate with first class are very crazy crammers, I even call them reciters cos they can recite everything in the notes lecturers give word for word and even say where there is comma and fullstop.

1 Like

Re: The Blessedness Of CRAMMING!!!! by Vivly(f): 11:03pm On Jan 21, 2016
I crammed my way through school and I don't regret it. If I put my mind to it, I can cram a textbook.
Re: The Blessedness Of CRAMMING!!!! by ashewoboy(m): 11:19pm On Jan 21, 2016
Leave them alone, let them be shouting "read and understand." what are we even learning sef? Are we not running an educational system of la cram la pour.

Let me gv you an assignment. All those story courses, cram your notes from beginning to the end, go and pour it down in the examination hall, come back here and share a testimony of how you got A1.

Calculational courses needs guidance bt you will still cram formulas. Let us stop deceiving ourselves, we all cram one way or the other. I know some people will nvr admit dat they cram but they do.

1 Like

Re: The Blessedness Of CRAMMING!!!! by chukzey442(m): 11:22pm On Jan 21, 2016
Vivly:
I crammed my way through school and I don't regret it. If I put my mind to it, I can cram a textbook.

Being able to cram is like a gift, if you have it, use it to your advantage. I really fancy when I hold the book and the crammer begins to pour out the contents of the book off heart.

1 Like

Re: The Blessedness Of CRAMMING!!!! by SkinnyDude(m): 11:59pm On Jan 21, 2016
when i was in sec sch, i was good crammer.. 1st position was my own.. no one dragged with me.. every term.. i crammed my commerce textbook and notebook so well in one term like that,, i scored 60 over 60.. CA…30 over 40,, total mark: 90.. my classmates didn't know how i did it
Re: The Blessedness Of CRAMMING!!!! by Nobody: 4:12am On Jan 22, 2016
chukzey442:

Being able to cram is like a gift, if you have it, use it to your advantage. I really fancy when I hold the book and the crammer begins to pour out the contents of the book off heart.

This gift was in us all, but they scared it away!
Re: The Blessedness Of CRAMMING!!!! by chukzey442(m): 11:02am On Jan 22, 2016
DBos:

This gift was in us all, but they scared it away!
Yeah, that's true.

(1) (Reply)

Oou 2016/2017 Admission Thread / All You Need To Prepare For Post UTME Success / 2016 AYF National Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.