Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases (6643 Views)

Lassa Fever: 9 Die In Ondo, 36 Cases Recorded / Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded / Plateau Confirms Fresh Cases Of Bird Flu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by sugarbelly1: 5:09am On Jan 22, 2016
The Plateau State Commissioner for Health, Dr. Kuden Kamshak, has said that five cases of Lassa fever have been detected in Jos, the state capital.

He said that the patients were responding to treatment.

Kamshak said, “So far, we have only five cases and they are responding to treatment. We have advised doctors not to keep patients for so long in the hospital to avoid contact and spread.”

The commissioner, who spoke in Jos on Thursday, said that Plateau State had been identified as one of the hotbed of the ailment due to its proximity to most of the Lassa fever endemic states, hence, the need for citizens to maintain a clean and healthy environment.

He added that health officers had been sent to rural communities to sensitise them on the dangers of the disease and the symptoms to look out for

Following the death of a resident doctor at the Maxilofacial Surgery Department at the Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital Complex, Ile Ife, the Osun State government has also placed 55 persons under surveillance.

The Permanent Secretary, Osun State Ministry of Health, Dr. Temitope Oladele, while briefing journalists in his office on Thursday said that the state had created emergency centres to ensure that the disease was contained.

Oladele said the preliminary report of the test carried out on the blood sample of the doctor “came back as compatible with Lassa virus.”

He, however, said the confirmatory test could not be done following his death but he added that the state had gone ahead to prepare to contain the virus.

Oladele said no other case had been found anywhere in the state apart from this index case which according to him was imported from a neighbouring state he declined to mention.

He said, “We have traced 55 persons who he had contact with before his death and we have placed them under surveillance.

“As of today, none of them has shown any symptoms of Lassa fever but we are watching over them to ensure that the disease does not spread.

“We have dedicated lines of those in the emergency centres, the numbers are

08032394921; 08062473160: 08035620234 and 08034175852.”

However, the Ebonyi State government on Thursday denied reports of any outbreak of Lassa fever outbreak, insisting that no case had been recorded.

According to the state Commissioner for Health, Dr. Daniel Umezurike, Lassa fever cases can only be ascertained after a laboratory test must have been carried out.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/plateau-confirms-five-fresh-lassa-fever-cases/

Cc; Dominique, lalasticlala
Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by sugarbelly1: 5:09am On Jan 22, 2016
Do not panic. Read all you need to know about this deadly disease @

http://www.latestamebonaija.com/2016/01/all-you-should-know-about-lassa-fever.html?m=1

May God help us
Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by nnachukz(m): 5:41am On Jan 22, 2016
Did I just read where the man said we have only five cases? I pray this doesn't escalate. Together we will defeat it. Government should just stop playing politics with this.

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by Localamos(m): 5:51am On Jan 22, 2016
nnachukz:
Did I just read where the man said we have only five cases? I pray this doesn't escalate. Together we will defeat it. Government should just stop playing politics with this.

They play politics with everything. angry

4 Likes

Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by Allureoftheseas(m): 12:21pm On Jan 22, 2016
so funny, only for the weak, not for the spiritual minded. Gods of the sky. Powers are unlimted, gods like us are invincible to such natural man made sicknesses.
Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by Soultechy: 12:21pm On Jan 22, 2016
These government doesn't care about us

5 Likes

Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by MrPresident1: 12:21pm On Jan 22, 2016
Lassa HaemorrhagicFever

Ebola Haemorrhagic Fever.

Both diseases are caused by viruses, I think someone postulated that viruses do not occur naturally in nature, and that all viruses are engineered, is this true?
Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by Judolisco(m): 12:22pm On Jan 22, 2016
Na jona fault o
Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by SPG4U(m): 12:22pm On Jan 22, 2016
not again

1 Like

Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by thompsblog: 12:22pm On Jan 22, 2016
Well, am just thanking God it is not this government that handled ebola

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by Zenzu01(m): 12:22pm On Jan 22, 2016
Imagine Rats now threatening Nigerians.. Nawa oo..
Government should take quick measures to eradicate this disease, not just to tell us not drink Garri

#Gbam

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by djnonny(m): 12:24pm On Jan 22, 2016
Them rat
Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by Lakayanah: 12:24pm On Jan 22, 2016
I wanted to prepare moi moi and gari this afternoon I've changed my mind.

1 Like

Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by BE811APP: 12:25pm On Jan 22, 2016
nawa oo...
its Jonathans fault grin grin grin grin
Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by agulion: 12:26pm On Jan 22, 2016
baba do some thing ,

2 Likes

Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by jaylister(m): 12:26pm On Jan 22, 2016
a

1 Like

Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by SeverusSnape(m): 12:26pm On Jan 22, 2016
This is bad. Meanwhile, The government of the dull'ard is blaming it on the last administration. Who did the last administration blame for ebola?

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by gurunlocker: 12:26pm On Jan 22, 2016
yet bubu led government is yet to do anything to curb the spreading....

I can only imagine what will happen if this government was in power during Ebola crisis..

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by Kangol99(m): 12:26pm On Jan 22, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by ERCROSS(m): 12:26pm On Jan 22, 2016
Bird flu came, we conquer
SARS came, we conquer
Ebola came, we conquer..

Lassa u ain't gon' do nofin..
Garrison + smoked fish + chilled water + Jago milk on my mind....
Iyalaya Lassa shiiiittt

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by BurntMeat(f): 12:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
Any disease spread through Garri drinking in Nigeria calls for a state of emergency o!

1 Like

Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by trak25(m): 12:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
Ordinary lassa they can't control wat ebola. Comes bak wat are we going to do kai God help Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by ademoladeji(m): 12:31pm On Jan 22, 2016
Lassa!
Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by ebubey(f): 12:31pm On Jan 22, 2016
OPEN LETTER TO LASSA FEVER
Dear Lassa fever,
First of all, ur fada! Now, when Bird flu came, we were told to forsake chicken, we reluctantly obeyed. When Sister Ebola came, we were told to forsake bushmeat, we obeyed. And now u, u jst came & without the fear of God in u, u said we shld forsake garri shocked....Garri ke? angry
Do u know how helpful Garri is to Nigerians especially Nigerian students? Honestly, if Nigerians student swear for u, ur tenure no go last reach anoda 1 week. Nonsense! angry

3 Likes

Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by phemmyjohnson: 12:31pm On Jan 22, 2016
shhit.. Hope the FG contains this like they contained dasuki and metuh...
MEANWHILE!
I have stop chatting with girls that have rat in their names..
BasiRAT hajaRAT shukuRAT mansuRAT muniRAT kudiRAT
kubuRAT,,because of lassa fever ...
Prevention is beta than cure...

1 Like

Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by ebubey(f): 12:34pm On Jan 22, 2016
please God not Plateau sad

1 Like

Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by seangy4konji: 12:37pm On Jan 22, 2016
God help us.
Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by refreshrate: 12:54pm On Jan 22, 2016
Soultechy:
These government doesn't care about us

They don't know how to do anything na incompetence be their name instead of resolving this crap they were there waiting for it to get out of hand then started blaming GEJ

Just a few packs of condoms or withdrawal method could have saved us all this nonsense

1 Like

Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 22, 2016
Plateau State kwa Make i relocate sharply.. Wey night bus dey?
Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by 3kay945(m): 1:06pm On Jan 22, 2016
ebubey:
OPEN LETTER TO LASSA FEVER
Dear Lassa fever,
First of all, ur fada! Now, when Bird flu came, we were told to forsake chicken, we reluctantly obeyed. When Sister Ebola came, we were told to forsake bushmeat, we obeyed. And now u, u jst came & without the fear of God in u, u said we shld forsake garri shocked....Garri ke? angry
Do u know how helpful Garri is to Nigerians especially Nigerian students? Honestly, if Nigerians student swear for u, ur tenure no go last reach anoda 1 week. Nonsense! angry

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Plateau Confirms Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases by supersun1(m): 1:16pm On Jan 22, 2016
nnachukz:

Considering it's host "Rats", the poor and middle class are the ones vulnerable to the disease. That's why enlightenment about LFD is minimal.

Someone should please respond to this, it happened today: https://www.nairaland.com/2882756/lassa-fever-alert-need-urgent

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benefit And Risk Of Taking Caffeine, Found In Power Horse, Coffee / Black Seed And Black Seed Oil Anywhere In Nigeria / How To Add Weight Locally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.