Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,485 members, 7,812,507 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics (35102 Views)

Maritime University Granted Approval By NUC To Commence Degree Programmes / Nigerian Maritime University 2017 Recruitment / New Photos Of Nigerian Maritime University, Okerenkoko, Gbaramatu Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
Hearme:

There is no real sense creating new Universities when you can use the money to develop existing ones. There is a petroleum university in Effurun and a Maritime Academy in Oron. If this school's get 7billion Naira each and are given specific mandates. I think it will be better. Even the so called bigger universities in which I work in one are under staffed and have poor working conditions so creating a totally new university will amount to making university education been belittled. I have not been to that area before but with the state of this project and Nigeria economy for now, it does not appear the University can kickstart in 3-5 years. So why the monumental waist of funds. Most new universities created by GEJ in each state started with either one federal college or a location with existing infrastructure. With that, the 1.5billion take of grant was at least able to allow them start courses in the social sciences and administration which does not require labs and equipment.

At this stage of the project. I do not support the cancellation of the university project but the project might suffer progress due to the economy. If I was from that area, I will sincerely campaign for its continuation because of its advantages to my people. Let's pray the economy kick up and the project can be completed for the people of Gbaramatu. Nonetheless, an assessment of the worth of the structures on ground and the funds released should be carried out if there seems to be doubt on the amount spent.

Very true....and I agree.

The problem is.....we have limited spaces for the people who pass JAMB and WAEC. The problem has been there for ages....and that is why OBJ encouraged private universities....and GEJ built new ones.(Of course some students go out of the country for university....but that is not enough).

But as you said....despite the good intentions....funding is a big problem. And frankly, the only way to get more money is to start increasing fees. Which, when LASU tried it last year almost caused serious crisis. Lagos Government backed down.....but the funding crisis remains.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Demdem(m): 2:28pm On Jan 22, 2016
paschu:

Keep slumbering in your ideological ivory tower, sooner than later realities will jolt you back to life.

I knew it that u will come back empty. U didnt disappoint. grin
I refused to be fooled by random pictures of buildings that could be gotten anywhere.
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 2:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
Africans should really consider changing building materials , and architecture the present western imposed ones are not only too costly(in money and time ) but most of the time very badly designed .
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Hearme(m): 2:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
paschu:

You are talking out context my friend. The context of this thread is thay Amaechi lied to the fedration with impunity. Or are you saying that you cannot see anything wrong in a so called "honorable minister" lying to the whole country on very basic and verifiable matters?

Our leaders always lie. That's not new. Even the pictures posted on this thread could be a lie. My opinion is what I posted and I am sure you know that there is truth in it. Those structures will definitely join uncompleted projects on our university campuses. So why inject that amount? When you can complete others. For your information, Even GEJ himself knew he was playing politics by creating a federal university in ech state. What was ASUU complaining of in there 6month strike in Jul-Dec 2013?
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Alezy(m): 2:31pm On Jan 22, 2016
Op is the name okerenkoko?
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 22, 2016
GodsMercy1:

Do you know what it takes to build in such a terrain? Only transportation of building materials cost much more than 10 of 1 of such structures in the uplands.

Its sad when I hear people use this to excuse substandard work. In this same "terrain" theres University of Port Harcourt, UPTH, the new hospital in Uyo, the airport in Uyo, Eko Atlantic city is ontop water, and countless other projects. How were those ones achieved?

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by TS2(m): 2:33pm On Jan 22, 2016
paschu:

You sound so silly. Is your judgement and anger based on the photos you are seeing here, or have you seen the actual blue print of the whole campus or gone to the site itself? What do you know about architecture and modern university construction? You sit there to mouth crap and speak out of context as if you had a better idea. Shame on a government that would go on air to lie to the populace without any sense of restraint or conscience.

Just keep quiet. You are the embodiment and personification of mediocrity and exalter of low standards.

When the new universities being built should be lightyears ahead in every regard, this shoddy and raggedy structure is what you are boasting about. Go to UI, Ife, even Babcock and Covenant and see what they have built with less money.

If there is going to be one maritime university in the country, it should be the envy of all universities within and outside Nigeria. It should be an edifice that foreigners will rush to work for. Then you will sit there and abuse people who have the courage to say the truth. You that you have seen the blueprint pele o.

3 Likes

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by oguchimos: 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2016
Is this a university or secondary skul? Corruption! Corruption!! Corruption!!!
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 22, 2016
Demdem:

1) I never gave u any definition of school so I wonder where u got that thrash from.
2) nothing in the provided pictures suggest to all sane minds that the alleged school in question is what we are seeing. As far as I am concerned, it's only the plaque I can certify for now.

I guess the plaque is a ground breaking 4 the feasibility study grin
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by ozoemenafn: 2:44pm On Jan 22, 2016
The World should see APC, Amaechi, Lie Lie Mohammed and their propaganda. He claimed that there were no structure on ground. He claimed that they only had feasibility studies on ground. Tell me what is true about APC ? You should even doubt their appearance on the television.
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by paschu: 2:45pm On Jan 22, 2016
TS2:

Just keep quiet. You are the embodiment and personification of mediocrity and exalter of low standards.

When the new universities being built should be lightyears ahead in every regard, this shoddy and raggedy structure is what you are boasting about. Go to UI, Ife, even Babcock and Covenant and see what they have built with less money.

If there is going to be one maritime university in the country, it should be the envy of all universities within and outside Nigeria. It should be an edifice that foreigners will rush to work for. Then you will sit there and abuse people who have the courage to say the truth. You that you have seen the blueprint pele o.

And in your non-mediocre reasoning you percieve that those schools you mentioned got to the stage they are now within one to two years after their constructions were commissioned, right? Instead of you mr excellence to condem outright lie told by the minister, you are here covering it up with crap. Tomorrow now you will be among those that blame Nigeria for backwardness, yet here you are unable to condemn a lying government due to your partisan spirit. Need I say more?
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Demdem(m): 2:46pm On Jan 22, 2016
GreatAgb:

I guess the plaque is a ground breaking 4 the feasibility study grin

Flesh and blood surely didn't reveal this revelation to u.
Tanoids are shameless liars. We need to be careful in digesting whatever they bring up. grin
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Abachaz: 2:47pm On Jan 22, 2016
God deliver Nigerians from the hands of this evil liers we have as leaders, just look at the massive project going on live and direct. I don't need to talk much to avoid been chase.
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by smoothlips(m): 2:50pm On Jan 22, 2016
Our Architects honestly lack innovation...are these buildings meant for a university?
they no even consider student traffic, easy maintenance and proper ventilation.....BIG certificate no be competence.

2 Likes

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by ogkrakkid(m): 2:53pm On Jan 22, 2016
realborn:
I am short of words.

These can never be ascribed as 21st century University buildings.

The designs are awkwardly bad and the construction looks very appalling. The buildings look ornamented with mediocrity.

I am so so so sad. Do we need to be recolonized again before we can get it right?

OAU, UNN, UNILAG, ABU, UNILORIN etc were built decades ago but remain landmarks of Architectural reference.

Just like NDU, Amasoma, the structures in the purported NMU looks below par. I strongly hope Billions of Naira have not been supposedly spent on these shanty looking buildings.

NB:
To the topic, Amaechi lied, though the quality of the buildings is poor, the development has gone beyond feasibility studies.
i c u know all...did dey tel u its a finished project..UNAM..go nd arrest tompolo first.
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by paschu: 2:54pm On Jan 22, 2016
smoothlips:
Our Architects honestly lack innovation...are these buildings meant for a university?
they no even consider student traffic, easy maintenance and proper ventilation.....BIG certificate no be competence.

How can you boldly assert that "they no even consider student traffic, easy maintenance and proper ventilation" when you have not visited the site or seen the entire blueprint of the campus. What you see here is just probably a photograph of some parts of the building captured with a phone. Yet you are condeming the project so boldly just because it is not a buhari's initiative.
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by smoothlips(m): 2:58pm On Jan 22, 2016
paschu:

How can you boldly assert that "they no even consider student traffic, easy maintenance and proper ventilation" when you have not visited the site or seen the entire blueprint of the campus. What you see here is just probably a photograph of some parts of the building captured with a phone. Yet you are condeming the project so boldly just because it is not a buhari's initiative.
you are a VERY BIG F@@L, what has Buhari got to do with this?
look at those buildings...consider their designs and imagine 5000 students going in and out of those buildings on a daily basis...
on a second thought..." I forgot you have no capacity to imagine any thing beyond politics and its related sentiment"
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by theshadyexpress(m): 3:00pm On Jan 22, 2016
Demdem:
[s][/s]

Crap.
U displayed random pictures containing uncompleted buildings and called it the school in question. Only fools will believe such Crap. The onus is on u to prove that ur pictures is true not me. I didn't display anything.

since you happen to know how the school looks like can u now show us the true picture, i promise i'd tender an unreserved apology, in the absence of any evidence to disprove this pictures i can safely and in good faith say u and amaechi are BROTHERS-IN-LIES
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by LegatusGlaber(m): 3:01pm On Jan 22, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
So Sad!
.....to some extent i really blame GEJ for handing over power cheaply to the dullard......really sad!
Owners of oil resources cannot enjoy their God given resource except its benefit the North.

[b]They almost sited petroleum university in kaduna-Zaria if not GEJ that helped o[/b]ut!

Meanwhile no one stop them from establishing ARID DESERT University in Daura!!!!!!!!!

Work has resumed on the site and is ongoing at the moment
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by theshadyexpress(m): 3:03pm On Jan 22, 2016
Demdem:

Flesh and blood surely didn't reveal this revelation to u.
Tanoids are shameless liars. We need to be careful in digesting whatever they bring up. grin

chai, see how you are trying very hard to disprove facts,cmon all you have to do is provide pics to the contrary.

the road to truth is surely a long one for your kind
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by debulle: 3:05pm On Jan 22, 2016
dennisworld1:
Amechi should rethink after saying there is no project on site.They came to power by/with lies and propaganda,they are still in the same game.If Refinary could be sited in Kaduna and oil companies should hv offices in Abuja and Lagos not Port Harcourt,why can't maritine University be in Gbaramatu Kingdom? They said no structure hv been buiLt but what are we seeing now? The South South/Ijaw people should then know who is the friend that wants development of their land or the enemy that wants them to be,live and die in poverty.Ijaw nation is crying for Federal presence and development.

cc: lalasticlacla
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by DisGuy: 3:08pm On Jan 22, 2016
Nigerian architecture SMH looks like a poorly designed residential estate
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by paschu: 3:14pm On Jan 22, 2016
smoothlips:

you are a VERY BIG F@@L, what has Buhari got to do with this?
look at those buildings...consider their designs and imagine 5000 students going in and out of those buildings on a daily basis...
on a second thought..." I forgot you have no capacity to imagine any thing beyond politics and its related sentiment"

SHAME ON YOU. It's obvious that you don't know anything. Be honest to yourself, would you have critisized this project if it was buhari's? Did you critisize his recent donation to the 1985 under 17 team at a time he had not figured out how to fund his budget? Who told you that the buildings you see here are lecture halls or halls of residence. And even if they are, who showed you the technichal drawings and design details. Do you know the proposed intake capacity of the university? Of course no. You are conviniently using silly arguments to divert our attention from the horrible lie told by the minister. What you don't realize is that condeming what you don't understand, without facts, simply shows your stupidity and makes you a much bigger FOOOOOOL!

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by tevinsolt: 3:14pm On Jan 22, 2016
realborn:
I am short of words.

The designs are awkwardly bad and the construction looks very appalling. The buildings look ornamented with mediocrity.

I am so so so sad. Do we need to be recolonized again before we can get it right?

OAU, UNN, UNILAG, ABU, UNILORIN etc were built decades ago but remain landmarks of Architectural reference.

Just like NDU, Amasoma, the structures in the purported NMU looks below par. I strongly hope Billions of Naira have not been supposedly spent on these shanty looking buildings.

NB:
To the topic, Amaechi lied, though the quality of the buildings is poor, the development has gone beyond feasibility studies.

it's not just this, Architecture in Nigeria overall is generally poor and still very third world like.....there's no distinction between public/governmental building from private homes they all look the same. This only reflects the retrogression of the whole nation as supposed to her progression.
Nigeria before independence and few years post independence had distinctive architectural styles, the way you can tell London from Paris or New York. I still look at old Buildings in Ibadan and Abeokuta online. those builders did their thing and those structures had character and interesting, not anymore everything is just stale and boring.
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by smoothlips(m): 3:19pm On Jan 22, 2016
paschu:

SHAME ON YOU. It's obvious that you don't know anything. Be honest to yourself, would you have critisized this project if it was buhari's. Did you critisize his recent donation to the 1985 under 17 team at a time he had not figured out how to fund his budget? Who told you that the buildings you see here are lecture halls or residential buildings. And even if they are, who showed you the technichal drawings and design details. Do you know the proposed intake capacity of the university? Of course no. You ate conviniently using silly arguments to divert our attention from the horrible lie told by the minister. What you don't realize is that condeming what you don't understand, without facts, simply shows your stupidity and makes you a much bigger FOOOOOOL!

you really amaze the sh**t outta me! my criticism was never based on any political stand point, I only looked at the pictures and rated the building quality and lack of innovation by those who designed and constructed the buildings. I didn't even know it was a GEJ project...was it GEJ that designed and constructed the buildings?
YOUR MOTHER SHOULD REALLY BE ASHAMED OF YOU.
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by 2mNaira: 3:23pm On Jan 22, 2016
This is not a university.It appears someone is playing prank here.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by paschu: 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
smoothlips:

you really amaze the sh**t outta me! my criticism was never based on any political stand point, I only looked at the pictures and rated the building quality and lack of innovation by those who designed and constructed the buildings. I didn't even know it was a GEJ project...was it GEJ that designed and constructed the buildings?
YOUR MOTHER SHOULD REALLY BE ASHAMED OF YOU.

You are the worst case in SHAME! If you had any trace of honor in your makeup you won't be in a haste to judge a whole univetsity project by a couple of unclear pictures captured on phone. Unfortunately, your misguided mind thinks it's smart.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by chukxie(m): 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
realborn:
I am short of words.

NB:

Some people here would disagree with your point of view because they failed to see what you saw. I saw what you saw the moment I saw those photos. Those buildings look more like residential blocks than something meant to be a university.

3 Likes

Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by Billygee2u: 3:31pm On Jan 22, 2016
realjoker:
amaechi fumble big time.
serial and unrepentant lair Amaechi busted.
what a shame a newly appointed so called minister lying without shame.
Amaechi a noise maker,this is the only truth I have heard from Buhari.
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by paschu: 3:36pm On Jan 22, 2016
chukxie:

Some people here would disagree with your point of view because they failed to see what you saw. I saw what you saw the moment I saw those photos. Those buildings look more like residential blocks than something meant to be a university.

And who defines what a university structure should be like? You guys amaze me with this baseless talk about structures. The reason for this thread is to make it clear that amaechi lied to you and me. If you want to discuss the merits of the project designs (or the lack thereof) go and open another thread. The essence of this one is to condem the impunity of this lying government.
Re: Ongoing Project At Nigeria Maritime University, okerenkoko warri southwest (Pics by wazobiaN9(m): 3:39pm On Jan 22, 2016
GodsMercy1:

Do you know what it takes to build in such a terrain? Only transportation of building materials cost much more than 10 of 1 of such structures in the uplands.

and that is an excuse for mediocrity from a wise man in the south south.

your sense requires neo colonisation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos: 22 Year Old Economics Students Wins Miss Unilorin / LASU Bread: Lagos State University Launches LASU Bread Bakery / Solomon Dalung At Lagos Sea School, Expresses Disappointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.