Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation (2132 Views)

UK Opens Fresh Investigation Of Corrupt Policemen Involved In Ibori’s Trial / FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case / Tribunal Nullifies PDP Lawmaker’s Election, Orders Fresh Poll In Makurdi-north (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by aalangel(f): 9:05am On Jan 22, 2016
There are indications that President Muhammadu Buhari may have cast doubt on the alleged kidnap of 2019 school girls seized from Government Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State as he has ordered fresh investigation into the matter.

The president ordered the investigation on 600 days after the girls allegedly went missing.
In a statement by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, the president made the announcement at a meeting with parents of the abducted girls, representatives of the Chibok community and members of the Bring Back Our Girls movement at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The girls were kidnapped on the night of April 14, 2014 during the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan.

Jonathan had in the wake of the abduction set up a 26-member fact-finding committee led by Brig. Gen. Ibrahim Sabo (retd.), to investigate the matter.

Shehu, however, said the Buhari panel that would investigate the incident would soon be named by the National Security Adviser, Babagana Munguno.
“The investigation will seek to, among other things, unravel the remote and immediate circumstances leading to the kidnap of the girls by Boko Haram terrorists as well as the other events, actions and inactions that followed the incident,” the statement read.
Buhari was quoted as saying, “I assure you that I go to bed and wake up every day with the Chibok girls on my mind.
“The unfortunate incident happened before this government came into being.
“What have we done since we assumed office? We re-organised the military, removed all the service chiefs and ordered the succeeding service chiefs to deal decisively with the Boko Haram insurgency.
“In spite of the terrible economic condition we found ourselves in, we tried to get some resources to give to the military to reorganise and equip, retrain, deploy more troops and move more forcefully against Boko Haram.
“And you all know the progress we have made. When we came in Boko Haram was in Adamawa, Yobe and Borno states. Boko Haram has now been reduced to areas around Lake Chad.
“Securing the Chibok girls is my responsibility.

The service chiefs and heads of our security agencies will tell you that in spite of the dire financial strain we found the country in, I continue to do my best to support their efforts in that regard.

“This is a Nigeria where we were exporting an average of two million barrels per day at over $140 per barrel. Now it is down to about $27 to $30.
“You have been reading in the press how they took public funds, our funds, your funds and shared it, instead of buying weapons. That was the kind of leadership I succeeded. That was the kind of economy I inherited.

“God knows I have done my best and I will continue to do my best.”

Source: http://thewhistler.ng/story/buhari-doubts-chibok-abduction-orders-fresh-investigation?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook#.Vp3rgyUNNBQ.facebook
Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by CUM4WHAT(m): 9:07am On Jan 22, 2016
Hm
Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by huntila(m): 9:07am On Jan 22, 2016
Hahaha... if he doubts, then there is fire on the mountain. Big Joke. Thought they capitalized on chibok girls to get votes during their campaign. They said they will rescue them.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by northvietnam(m): 9:08am On Jan 22, 2016
This GEJ nawaaoo for U Ooooo.....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 22, 2016
When Jonathan doubted, the whole world called him clueless, now I believe the man has been vindicated

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by Mutuwa(m): 9:09am On Jan 22, 2016
huntila:
Hahaha... if he doubts, then there is fire on the mountain. Big Joke. Thought they capitalized on chibok girls to get votes during their campaign. They said they will rescue them.

Like I reiterate,it is easy to fool people than to convince them they are being fooled.. wink

1 Like

Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by ademega(m): 9:09am On Jan 22, 2016
i doubt this news

1 Like

Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by Flets: 9:10am On Jan 22, 2016
Too late.... Chibok girls must be rescued or manufactured.

It can never be accepted by the local and international communities that there are no chibok girls as this was Buhari's major campaign promise.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by Bevista: 9:10am On Jan 22, 2016
“The investigation will seek to, among other things, unravel the remote and immediate circumstances leading to the kidnap of the girls by Boko Haram terrorists as well as the other events, actions and inactions that followed the incident,” the statement read.

Buhari was quoted as saying, “I assure you that I go to bed and wake up every day with the Chibok girls on my mind. “The unfortunate incident happened before this government came into being.
If the level of shallowness and prejudice exhibited on this forum is anything to go by, then I am afraid the future of this country couldn't be more gloomy. Folks read headlines and once it validates their prejudice, they jump to the comments to throw tantrums at their perceived enemies. They do not even bother to read the content to understand what it actually says.
---
How does the quoted text in any way show that the president doubts the abduction of the girls. He talks about always thinking of the girls. He says the incident pre-dates his administration meaning he acknowledges that it happened.
---
The writer who came up with that misleading headline must be mischievous. Worse are those who jump to comment without reading.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by talktonase(m): 9:10am On Jan 22, 2016
I suspect the whole BBOG campaign was ochestrated to oust gej...truth is one, lies are always plenty.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by Firefire(m): 9:13am On Jan 22, 2016
I don't believe the story.

Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by praxisnetworks: 9:14am On Jan 22, 2016
angry
So APC scammed Michelle Obama? Lols oby ezekwesile should return the yams contributed for bbog campaigns! We want our yams.... In the end PMB will understand that gej is his best friend

APC must produce OUR chibok girls

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by Mynd44: 9:17am On Jan 22, 2016
Interesting source

1 Like

Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by candiva2013(m): 9:21am On Jan 22, 2016
the reality is here no and apc is realizing that things are not the way they seem from outside. They didn't know that propaganda has expiry date. One year almost gone and no single promise kept or atleast a solid road map. I wonder what they will use to campaign in 2019.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by candiva2013(m): 9:21am On Jan 22, 2016
the reality is here now and apc is realizing that things are not the way they seem from outside. They didn't know that propaganda has expiry date. One year almost gone and no single promise kept or atleast a solid road map. I wonder what they will use to campaign in 2019.
Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 22, 2016
dead on arrival Mr. propagandist.

I read the entire article and there was no place where it said Mr. Buhari doubted the kidnapping took place.

you may only counter this by quoting exactly where your post mentioned his doubt.

try harder.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by vayne(m): 9:32am On Jan 22, 2016
The chibok gals must be rescued,by fire by force!
Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by dtruth3(m): 9:33am On Jan 22, 2016
Mynd44:
Interesting source
my friend go and seat down. What do you mean by 'Interesting source'?

Are you doubting it because it wasn't Sa*hell_fire reports or Tinubu news paper that reported it?

Modified*

Oya go and ban me immediately. That's the only silly thing you know how to do!

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by overdrive(m): 9:35am On Jan 22, 2016
Ioannes:
dead on arrival Mr. propagandist.

I read the entire article and there was no place where it said Mr. Buhari doubted the kidnapping took place.

you may only counter this by quoting exactly where your post mentioned his doubt.

try harder.

I am still searching for where pmb expressed his doubts over the missing girls!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by Opinedecandid(m): 9:38am On Jan 22, 2016
Really?

So what they stage-managed to discredit Goodluck Jonathan is now doubtful.

Get ready, when u sow, you reap.
Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by vedaxcool(m): 9:41am On Jan 22, 2016
This shameless drunken liars should find some better thing to wail upon! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 22, 2016
Very important, amazing decision

Afterall, it was not a key point in the loss of PDP and its candidate in the last general elections

Where is lalasticlala sef
Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by chronique(m): 9:45am On Jan 22, 2016
I dey laugh...
Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by Islie: 9:54am On Jan 22, 2016
PDP propaganda machinery

I see una oooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by IVORY2009(m): 11:04am On Jan 22, 2016
Front page or.....
Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by Justiyke4u: 11:05am On Jan 22, 2016
The source though...
Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 22, 2016
hmm
Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by frleopardo: 11:36am On Jan 22, 2016
Are apc getting tired of their own lies and scams? They must get those girls or get something that looks like them.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by funlord(m): 12:03pm On Jan 22, 2016
grin
dtruth3:

Oya go and ban me immediately. That's the only silly thing you know how to do!

Chai!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by tsdarkside(m): 12:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
lofty900:
When Jonathan doubted, the whole world called him clueless, now I believe the man has been vindicated

when did jonathan doubted??...i dont remember..

and mama pisss was crying,their is god ooo on tv??...i dont get it.....................
Re: Buhari Doubts Chibok Abduction, Orders Fresh Investigation by tsdarkside(m): 12:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
Bevista:
If the level of shallowness and prejudice exhibited on this forum is anything to go by, then I am afraid the future of this country couldn't be more gloomy. Folks read headlines and once it validates their prejudice, they jump to the comments to throw tantrums at their perceived enemies. They do not even bother to read the content to understand what it actually says.
---
How does the quoted text in any way show that the president doubts the abduction of the girls. He talks about always thinking of the girls. He says the incident pre-dates his administration meaning he acknowledges that it happened.
---
The writer who came up with that misleading headline must be mischievous. Worse are those who jump to comment without reading.

bros..take it easy...the wise ones will see the truth from the lies...thats why nairaland as sooo many followers....there are alot of smart-people on nairaland....dont worry about that....

just say your opinion to a topic,and move to the next.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Conversation With A Ghanaian On The "Clueless" Policies Of Our Government(s) / End Of An Era: Rivers People Smashes The Head Of The Serpent - Amaechi, Loses Lg / Woman Strips Unclad During Service (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.