Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,511 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents (1755 Views)

Italy-Based Nigerian Man Jails His Parents For Sending Him Pics Of Fake House / Guy Impregnates A Girl, His Parents' Reactions Are Hilariously Shocking / Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents by Abbeyme: 10:04am On Jan 22, 2016

Strange things happen:

Diego Gonzalez was having a hard time with the bullies in school and just couldn't take anymore. Before jumping off the fifth floor of the family home, he wrote his parents a heartbreaking note which he left beside a teddy bear he has owned since birth. The incident happened October 14th last year after Diego complained that he was having trouble at school and was unhappy but his parents only just made the letter public in a bid to persuade authorities in Villaverde, Madrid, to launch a full investigation into his death.

His letter read:
"Daddy, Mummy…I hope that one day you will be able to hate me a little less. I can’t stand going to school and there is no other way to avoid it.
"Dad, you taught me to be a good person and to keep promises…Mum, you have taken care of me very well and shown me a lot of places…Grandpa, you have always been very generous to me and have looked out for me.
"Tata, you have put up with a lot from me.
"I miss you and I hope one day we can meet again in heaven. Well, I say goodbye forever."

He was a pupil at Nuestra Senora de Los Angeles School in Madrid and now his parents want answers from the local authority.

Diego's father, Manuel Gonzalez, said: "In this school strange things are happening and, at least, must be investigated."

Despite Diego's letter and several other complaints from parents at the school, police 'ruled out' his death was due to a case of bullying, according to the El Mundo.

His mother, Carmen Gonzalez, remembered the horrifying moment she found her son.
She said: "I heard that he had moved from the room. I looked and saw the shoes on the floor.
"I got into the [other] room, looked wildly around the house to find him and saw towards the back of the kitchen, the open window, I went and looked. I saw his shadow on the floor."

Culled from: http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2016/01/read-heartbreaking-suicide-note-bullied.html#more

Re: Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents by Hadassahisbae(f): 10:08am On Jan 22, 2016
hmm...hell fire straight..

1 Like

Re: Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents by talktonase(m): 10:09am On Jan 22, 2016
If to say that boy dey naija him no go fit commit suicide...hard life alone will not allow him...may his soul rest in peace.
Re: Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents by madridguy(m): 10:24am On Jan 22, 2016
May God punish his soul. Omo ale jati-jati just put his parent for O'God. Rest in the pit of the hell.
Re: Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents by tuns10: 1:02pm On Jan 22, 2016
madridguy:
May God punish his soul. Omo ale jati-jati just put his parent for O'God. Rest in the pit of the hell.

Haha. Take it easy bro. Naso naija condition affect you reach? lol grin cheesy
Re: Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 22, 2016
Hadassahisbae:
hmm...hell fire straight..
madridguy:
Pls has any one told both of u something is wrong with you?

4 Likes

Re: Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents by Hadassahisbae(f): 11:13pm On Jan 22, 2016
enieme:

Pls has any one told both of u something is wrong with you?
you are d 1 sometin is wrong with not me...if u go to church u won't mention me..have ur pastor not taught u dat itz bad to commit suicide and any person who commit suicide will end up in hell abi u were sleeping wen he mentioned it abi...mtchew..
Re: Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents by Nobody: 3:43am On Jan 23, 2016
Hadassahisbae:

you are d 1 sometin is wrong with not me...if u go to church u won't mention me..have ur pastor not taught u dat itz bad to commit suicide and any person who commit suicide will end up in hell abi u were sleeping wen he mentioned it abi...mtchew..
uhmm take it easy, baby girl
Re: Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents by Hadassahisbae(f): 7:41am On Jan 23, 2016
silvermania:
uhmm take it easy, baby girl
lyk seriously she got me pissed off...how can she say something is wrong wit me wen she knows fully well dah shez d 1 something is wrong with..
Re: Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 23, 2016
Hadassahisbae:

lyk seriously she got me pissed off...how can she say something is wrong wit me wen she knows fully well dah shez d 1 something is wrong with..
smiles. It owk. Happy weekend
Re: Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 23, 2016
Very sad
I dont know why people are blaming the little boy
what adults can brush away, some kids take very seriously
The moment that the parents discovered that there was something upsetting the boy, they should have gone to the school to find out and to resolve it.

When my daughter said another kid called her a name, straight away we went into the school, met with the head teacher and also went one step further and went to the kids parents house to talk to the other kids parents.
They apologised and made their daughter apologise too.
Word will go round that if you bully this kid, her parents are going to knock on your door.
It nips things in the bud before it escalates.
it also gives the kid confidence that they matter, their parents listen to them and have their back

That poor boy probably felt that there was no one on his side.
maybe he was also an only child so no one to confide in.

4 Likes

Re: Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents by jashar(f): 12:53pm On Jan 23, 2016
We need to teach our children values at home.
Re: Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents by Cutehector(m): 12:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
jashar:
We need to teach our children values at home.
teach which children values? What has values got to do with a kid who really wanted his parents to know he was bullied in school continously and they never listened to him? Jashar cmon.

The only people am gona blame here is the parents.

1 Like

Re: Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents by jashar(f): 1:05pm On Jan 23, 2016
Cutehector:
teach which children values? What has values got to do with a kid who really wanted his parents to know he was bullied in school continously and they never listened to him? Jashar cmon.

The only people am gona blame here is the parents.

Teach them to have a healthy self esteem and stand up for themselves. I guess the parents too were ignorant hence they had nothing to teach.

I don't do the blame game. Something has happened, it has happened. What's the way forward? That's how I roll.
Re: Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents by Cutehector(m): 1:12pm On Jan 23, 2016
jashar:

Teach them to have a healthy self esteem and stand up for themselves. I guess the parents too were ignorant hence they had nothing to teach.

I don't do the blame game. Something has happened, it has happened. What's the way forward? That's how I roll.
do Nigerian parents teach their children self esteem? Do they praise them for the nice things they do? All they knw is to beat them and speak harsh words to them.
Re: Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents by jashar(f): 1:23pm On Jan 23, 2016
Cutehector:
do Nigerian parents teach their children self esteem? Do they praise them for the nice things they do? All they knw is to beat them and speak harsh words to them.

True talk my brother. But then, the average Nigerian no wan die smiley. Bad as e bad grin.
I remember an incident when I was in pr 4. I'm was small, I'm still small but I have huge eyes. It was a thing that made me feel self conscious then.
This guy in pri 4b, told me on assembly ground in front of all our classmates(and we many for our school oo. My class alone, we were 52 pupils) that, 'do you know you have huge eyes'?
Unfortunately for me, ground no open make I sink. Of course everyone laughed at me but small girl with sharp mouth I told him,'yeah and I love them'.
Inside, I was crushed. The day was ruined for me. I react strongly to harsh and hurtful words.
I got home and told my dad. Do you know what he did and said? He told me to get out of his sight cheesy and read my books. That I want to start following boys baa?
How do you think I felt? grin
Re: Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents by Cutehector(m): 1:27pm On Jan 23, 2016
jashar:

True talk my brother. But then, the average Nigerian no wan die smiley. Bad as e bad grin.
I remember an incident when I was in pr 4. I'm was small, I'm still small but I have huge eyes. It was a thing that made me feel self conscious then.
This guy in pri 4b, told me on assembly ground in front of all our classmates(and we many for our school oo. My class alone, we were 52 pupils) that, 'do you know you have huge eyes'?
Unfortunately for me, ground no open make I sink. Of course everyone laughed at me but small girl with sharp mouth I told him,'yeah and I love them'.
Inside, I was crushed. The day was ruined for me. I react strongly to harsh and hurtful words.
I got home and told my dad. Do you know what he did and said? He told me to get out of his sight cheesy and read my books. That I want to start following boys baa?
How do you think I felt? grin
I think u felt so bad about yourself. But thank God for modern movies I am watching now, I am really learning a lot on hw to be a great dad. Have u watched the family movie blackish? Really inspiring.

Urm can I see those eyes? cheesy
Re: Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 23, 2016
Self defence is not a fancy ideology. A human being should be a able to defend themselves verbally and physically and not be ashamed in defeat. Teach your kids how to defend themselves and stop forming fake civilised up and down.

My policy in this life is be good to good people and be evil to mean people. If only this boy had been taught to dish it back as hot as he got it perhaps he might still be alive. Given his upbringing, he most likely would suffer from low self esteem and would very likely be withdrawn even if he didn't kill himself. The human mind is not designed to take abuse without some form of an outlet, you either implode or explode. This one done explode. And I fully blame his parents.

RIP, young man.
Re: Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 23, 2016
Timbuktou:
Self defence is not a fancy ideology. A human being should be a able to defend themselves verbally and physically and not be ashamed in defeat. Teach your kids how to defend themselves and stop forming fake civilised up and down.

My policy in this life is be good to good people and be evil to mean people. If only this boy had been taught to dish it back as hot as he got it perhaps he might still be alive. Given his upbringing, he most likely would suffer from low self esteem and would very likely be withdrawn even if he didn't kill himself. The human mind is not designed to take abuse without some form of an outlet, you either implode or explode. This one done explode. And I fully blame his parents.

RIP, young man.

Yes . . .
However a healthy self esteem doesn't mean that a kid should be taught to kick box or fight back every form of attack.
A healthy esteem comes from within and starts from birth.

In many schools, kids are encouraged not to take law into their own hands but to report bad behaviour
Its then the parents or the schools responsibility to act on that report

Many of my friends kids have been caught out where the kids have taken law into their own hands
When caught its the kid who lashed back that gets punished for it.

Parents need to study their children, talk to their children, be involved with their children and get up do something if they have to.
If you teach a kid to fight at every opportunity, there may come a day when he will get into a fight with someone bigger or more armed than him. Some school kids have got stabbed and killed because of this.

Parents are to teach their kids right from wrong, show a good example themselves and to be there for them if they need help.

I feel sorry for these parents as no one wishes the death of their child, but somehow they missed something. That poor boy must have gone through a lot by himself and unable to resolve it in his young and immature mind.
Re: Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 23, 2016
tearoses:

Yes . . .
However a healthy self esteem doesn't mean that a kid should be taught to kick box or fight back every form of attack.
A healthy esteem comes from within and starts from birth.

In many schools, kids are encouraged not to take law into their own hands but to report bad behaviour
Its then the parents or the schools responsibility to act on that report

Many of my friends kids have been caught out where the kids have taken law into their own hands
When caught its the kid who lashed back that gets punished for it.

Parents need to study their children, talk to their children, be involved with their children and get up do something if they have to.
If you teach a kid to fight at every opportunity, there may come a day when he will get into a fight with someone bigger or more armed than him. Some school kids have got stabbed and killed because of this.

Parents are to teach their kids right from wrong, show a good example themselves and to be there for them if they need help.

I feel sorry for these parents as no one wishes the death of their child, but somehow they missed something. That poor boy must have gone through a lot by himself and unable to resolve it in his young and immature mind.

Of course, nobody wants a child that goes about making trouble, also nobody wants to raise a pansy. The basic idea is that people know enough not to want mess with a particular kid, which sometimes you can just fend off bullies by how you carry yourself and how confidently spoken you are. Bullies target those they perceive as weak and easy.

And yes, I'm teaching my son how to fight. But it's not fighting at each opportunity. You can verbally decimate people from miles away. Moreover, not all bullies will be armed and dangerous, the ones he can handle with his fists better be handled appropriately. Also, it's unlikely to see a man fight someone who appears bigger than he is except there's no other option. Every guy knows to bail when there's a crowd or an armed adversary, unless he's an alágbára àdúgbò grin. It's not cowardice, it's survival.

As to your friends kids involved with the authorities, were my child to be in that situation, I would gladly accept the punishment but would demand that the other kids involved be punished as well. Otherwise, I'd just be enabling and encouraging the instigator like the school is already doing. You think this dead boy never reported to his teachers or parents? I stand by the fact he could have, at least, verbally tormented his assailants that would have provided some sort of balance if the advantage over him was physical.

And what exactly is this investigation meant to accomplish, the resurrection of their son? They failed to build the mind of their child to withstand life's torments. There's a reason Nigerian kids would be impercious to these triggers, we were taught treat such things like water off a duck's back. This guy would most likely have killed himself in the future for another reason, maybe his girlfriend leaving him sef. Would there have been another investigation for that? All this new age mollycuddling sef. Pfft
Re: Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
Timbuktou:

Of course, nobody wants a child that goes about making trouble, also nobody wants to raise a pansy. The basic idea is that people know enough not to want mess with a particular kid, which sometimes you can just fend off bullies by how you carry yourself and how confidently spoken you are. Bullies target those they perceive as weak and easy.

And yes, I'm teaching my son how to fight. But it's not fighting at each opportunity. You can verbally decimate people from miles away. Moreover, not all bullies will be armed and dangerous, the ones he can handle with his fists better be handled appropriately. Also, it's unlikely to see a man fight someone who appears bigger than he is except there's no other option. Every guy knows to bail when there's a crowd or an armed adversary, unless he's an alágbára àdúgbò grin. It's not cowardice, it's survival.

As to your friends kids involved with the authorities, were my child to be in that situation, I would gladly accept the punishment but would demand that the other kids involved be punished as well. Otherwise, I'd just be enabling and encouraging the instigator like the school is already doing. You think this dead boy never reported to his teachers or parents? I stand by the fact he could have, at least, verbally tormented his assailants that would have provided some sort of balance if the advantage over him was physical.

A lot of bullies just need someone to say Boo at them and they start shaking in their boots or run off

Many of them have emotional issues too (or why would a happy and balanced kid suddenly hate on another kid for no reason) and they tend to operate in numbers and this is where it gets tricky cos your son cannot physically fight 4 or 5 kids in a group or he will get hurt and unless he can totally finish the job himself then he is putting himself into more danger.

In my city a few years ago, a kid was being bullied by a group of boys and to run away from them he ran across the road without looking and got knocked over and killed by a car. So sad.

There are also heaps of stories dotted around where kids have committed suicide due to school and online bully's. The truth is that not all kids can fight their battles and some of them will need help.
Every school should have an anti bullying policy and it should be dealt with from the root and not from the top.
If the kid had reported to the school and nothing was done to stop it, then they have let that poor boy down.
Re: Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 23, 2016
Timbuktou:

And what exactly is this investigation meant to accomplish, the resurrection of their son? They failed to build the mind of their child to withstand life's torments. There's a reason Nigerian kids would be impercious to these triggers, we were taught treat such things like water off a duck's back. This guy would most likely have killed himself in the future for another reason, maybe his girlfriend leaving him sef. Would there have been another investigation for that? All this new age mollycuddling sef. Pfft

I Just read the last bit of your post
. . and this my brother is why the average Nigerian is so hard hearted
They watch an innocent abandoned baby cry to death
They drop their own new born babies in gutters
They put tyre round the neck of someone who stole indomie
They put pepper and bottle of soft drink into the vagina of someone who stole rice to eat
They throw hot water and hot irons on their housemaids
They leave their drivers to roast in the sun while they are having sex with their concubines in hotel rooms
They steal billions and buy empty mansions while there is no plaster in hospitals
A doctor let a woman die the other day and came to NL to talk about it like it was no big deal
They dont pay their staff for months yet they can afford to
Go to church this Sunday and tell me if you cant tell the house helps out within the congregation

My brother there are 2 sides to that toughness o!

1 Like

Re: Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 23, 2016
tearoses:

A lot of bullies just need someone to say Boo at them and they start shaking in their boots or run off

Many of them have emotional issues too (or why would a happy and balanced kid suddenly hate on another kid for no reason) and they tend to operate in numbers and this is where it gets tricky cos your son cannot physically fight 4 or 5 kids in a group or he will get hurt and unless he can totally finish the job himself then he is putting himself into more danger.

In my city a few years ago, a kid was being bullied by a group of boys and to run away from them he ran across the road without looking and got knocked over and killed by a car. So sad.

There are also heaps of stories dotted around where kids have committed suicide due to school and online bully's. The truth is that not all kids can fight their battles and some of them will need help.
Every school should have an anti bullying policy and it should be dealt with from the root and not from the top.
If the kid had reported to the school and nothing was done to stop it, then they have let that poor boy down.

I've often wondered, myself, how these bully kids are made up. I doubt there's any happy person going around looking for who to bully. Yet, this situation persists, year after year, decade after decade. Oh, we'll, I guess it's a fact of life. There will be bullies. And it's not just in schools too. It's everywhere.

Per the quantity, kids should have their own gangs too(no be criminal gang o). It's safer moving in packs for a looooot of reasons, not just fending off bullies. It's even important in helping a child understand more about life. Lone Rangering can be very counterproductive. Kids should learn to form alliances and negotiations at a young age.

Also, I think bullies should be reported but only as the last option grin. I'm pretty sure the kids involved were reported but the thing is what would they do, expel them for yabbing a classmate? For me, all the reporting and school punishmnt is useless if the child cannot handle it on their own, to a certain degree.

Please, let's not even talk about suicide due to online bullying. Anyone who kills themselves due to online bullying, doesn't deserve to be alive. How do you get bullied online to the point where you just shoot yourself? Can't you just log off or come back with a Jesus moniker? Abeg, that not an issue. grin
Re: Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 23, 2016
tearoses:

I Just read the last bit of your post
. . and this my brother is why the average Nigerian is so hard hearted
They watch an innocent abandoned baby cry to death
They drop their own new born babies in gutters
They put tyre round the neck of someone who stole indomie
They put pepper and bottle of soft drink into the vagina of someone who stole rice to eat
They throw hot water and hot irons on their housemaids
They leave their drivers to roast in the sun while they are having sex with their concubines in hotel rooms
They steal billions and buy empty mansions while there is no plaster in hospitals
A doctor let a woman die the other day and came to NL to talk about it like it was no big deal
They dont pay their staff for months yet they can afford to
Go to church this Sunday and tell me if you cant tell the house helps out within the congregation

My brother there are 2 sides to that toughness o!

It is what it is.

However, I wouldn't say the average Nigerian is hard-hearted. I'm sure there are other atrocities being perpetrated outside this country that aren't being done here.

I just think it's situational circumstances causing some of these things. All these our fine, civilised diasporan brethren are above board until they arrive in this jungle. Didn't a family section celebrity once gloat about bitchslapping their maid in the village for indecent dressing? grin

However, you fail to mention:

The Nigerians who go into burning buildings to save people.
The ones who take on caring for these abandoned kids
etc

It is what it is. I assure you, I'm proud of my Nigerianness.
Re: Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents by Abbeyme: 9:12pm On Jan 23, 2016
There's no amount of bully that'll cause an African child to commit suicide!

It's not in our list of habits...
Re: Read Heartbreaking Suicide Note Bullied 11-year-old Left His Parents by Abbeyme: 9:13pm On Jan 23, 2016
Well,

Timbuktou:

I've often wondered, myself, how these bully kids are made up. I doubt there's any happy person going around looking for who to bully. Yet, this situation persists, year after year, decade after decade. Oh, we'll, I guess it's a fact of life. There will be bullies. And it's not just in schools too. It's everywhere.

Per the quantity, kids should have their own gangs too(no be criminal gang o). It's safer moving in packs for a looooot of reasons, not just fending off bullies. It's even important in helping a child understand more about life. Lone Rangering can be very counterproductive. Kids should learn to form alliances and negotiations at a young age.

Also, I think bullies should be reported but only as the last option grin. I'm pretty sure the kids involved were reported but the thing is what would they do, expel them for yabbing a classmate? For me, all the reporting and school punishmnt is useless if the child cannot handle it on their own, to a certain degree.

Please, let's not even talk about suicide due to online bullying. Anyone who kills themselves due to online bullying, doesn't deserve to be alive. How do you get bullied online to the point where you just shoot yourself? Can't you just log off or come back with a Jesus moniker? Abeg, that not an issue. grin

I don't know the measure of bully that'll cause an African child to commit suicide

(1) (Reply)

Past Its Use:Was for Reconnecting with a Lost Friend! / My 14-year-old Daughter Admitted To Me That She’s Three Months Pregnant. / Have You Received Any Christmas Gift From Anyone Yet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.