Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears (37224 Views)

Married Zimbabwean Man's Manhood Disappears After Sex With Girlfriend / Husband Disappears As Wife Gives Birth To Twins In Abuja / 2-year-old Girl Disappears From Parents’ Bedside (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by iwaeda: 6:34am On Aug 22, 2016
She had complained to a relative that her business had gone bad due to the exchange rate and that her debts had risen beyond redemption.
Tension has heightened over the disappearance of a mother of three and single parent, Olubunmi Uko.

Uko, a businesswoman, reportedly walked out of her home last Friday evening with her last child, identified as Seun. She reportedly woke up her other children and informed them that she was going to visit someone.
The older children, Iyiola and Toni, allegedly woke up later to find a suicide note written by their mother.
A relative, who simply gave his name as Folu, told Vanguard: “She addressed the suicide note to her children, her mother and to any other person concerned. She said nobody should bother to look for her, that she was going to jump into the river and end it all.
“She said she was tired of life. She also said that by the time the letter would be seen, she would have ended inside the belly of a shark.
“She had always complained of dwindling business due to high exchange rate. At a point, she complained that she owed people and had no means to pay back. She also said that she borrowed half a million naira to offset the loan, but decided to use it on her business with the hope to realise some gain, but that the money ended up sinking in the business.”
Vanguard gathered that prayer sessions are ongoing at different prayer centres for her safe return.
Another relative, Mimnimah Uko, who identified the missing woman as her cousin-in-law, wondered why she would allow herself to be overwhelmed by the issues of life to the extent of taking such decision as solution.
The relative said: “Our prayer is for God to have mercy by ensuring her safe return and that of her son, Seun. We are imploring Nige-rians to please join us to pray.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/recession-woman-kills-self/

4 Shares

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Prettiepearlz(f): 2:37pm On Aug 22, 2016
Na wa ooooooooo, so na to die remain? undecided, rather than committing suicide, I will rather strive my possible best to leave this country. If I kill myself, it doesn't stop Buhari and the other political cohorts from swimming in money undecided . For her children's sake I hope she is found safe and sound. Mtchewww, die ko die ni

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Pidggin(f): 8:45pm On Aug 22, 2016
Hmm this hardship is real many people cannot afford the kind of lifestyle they were living less than 24 months ago, this is sad

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Nobody: 3:42am On Aug 23, 2016
I like the last born's name, Seun. cheesy

As sad as this is, part of me suspects that the lady is calling out to the community to help raise funds to pay up her debts, then she returns. Why would she take the last born with leaving the other two behind, to kill him too? angry

Recession forcing good people to be scammers.

I just hope I'm wrong about her

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by just2okworld(f): 10:23am On Aug 23, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by iwaeda: 12:47pm On Aug 23, 2016
Life is getting tougher and people are not finding things easy at. God should intervene very fast

ishilove; mynd44 , lalasticlala, over to you to help us find the beautiful lady

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by danidee10(m): 3:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
I will rather kee myself than commit suicide grin
But seriously didn't she think about her children

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Mctosin(m): 3:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
May God epp and heal d land

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Ayoswit(f): 3:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
so it has gotten to this, I won't buhari for this o, cos there are other better options she would have taken rather than committing suicide. if she wants to kill herself , no probs but let her spare seun's life.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by LEOSIRSIR(m): 3:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
So sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by tayooluwole: 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
Tragedic... I have thought of sucide many times but if I do I may offend my tomorrow

7 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
It is now survival of the fittest in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by danidee10(m): 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
Jdsuperstar:
<form method="POST" action="https://voguepay.com/pay/"><input type="hidden" name="v_merchant_id" value="1532-0042271" /><input type="hidden" name="memo" value="Order from james obayelu" /><input type="hidden" name="cur" value="NGN" /><input type="hidden" name="item_1" value="" /><input type="hidden" name="price_1" value="" /><input type="hidden" name="description_1" value="" /><br /><input type="image" src="https://voguepay.com/images/buttons/buynow_blue.png" alt="PAY" /></form>

Warris dis

Nobody will click on ur stupid link undecided

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Dickson080(m): 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
Isoright..
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by buoye1(m): 3:02pm On Aug 23, 2016
Haaa shocked
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by spartoo: 3:02pm On Aug 23, 2016
sad
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by khaymillers: 3:02pm On Aug 23, 2016
Buhari what have we done to deserve this. . . This same way you are leading nigeria so shall God lead your family

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Ebuka478(m): 3:03pm On Aug 23, 2016
Just sad

2 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 23, 2016
Nonsense !!! undecided......Lazy woman !!!

2 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by segebase(m): 3:04pm On Aug 23, 2016
bullhari .....u will meet ur end soon

4 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 23, 2016
Afonja voted for change and now wants to change from living to suicide.

Afonjas are highly confused fellas

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Jssamuel33(m): 3:04pm On Aug 23, 2016
Prettiepearlz:
Na wa ooooooooo, so na to die remain? undecided, rather than committing suicide, I will rather strive my possible best to leave this country. If I kill myself, it doesn't stop Buhari and the other political cohorts from swimming in money undecided . For her children's sake I hope she is found safe and sound. Mtchewww, die ko die ni

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by jejemanito: 3:04pm On Aug 23, 2016
sad
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by fotadmowmend(m): 3:04pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hmmmm.... whr is Buhari?

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by segunBoyboy: 3:05pm On Aug 23, 2016
lol
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by Yian1(m): 3:05pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hmmn..she wrote a suicidal note or was kidnapped by .....
Re: Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears by chinchong: 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2016
the lady nah scammer.

if won't be disapointed if they later discover that she is the kidnapper and at the same time the kidnappee.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Woman Reunites With Daughter 70 Years After She Was Told She Died In Labour / Two Nigerian Brothers Recreate Their Childhood Photo. See What They Did / Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.