Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,397 members, 7,846,663 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Senate Wants N115bn As Allocation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Wants N115bn As Allocation (262 Views)

Senate Wants Public Officers To Operate Foreign Accounts / Senate Wants Presidential Inauguration Moved To National Assembly / Senate Wants Inland Ports In Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Senate Wants N115bn As Allocation by arewablognews: 12:10pm On Jan 22, 2016
The Senate yesterday attempted to justify the N115bn allocation. Saying that it was just merely 1.8% of the national budget which currently stands at N6.8 trillion.

Olusola Adeyeye, The Chief whip of the Senate also spoke about the uproar from the media on the issue. He said "I want to point out that I have looked at the budget and in the light of all the opprobrium that has been heaped on the National Assembly in the press, I want to report that this year’s budget contains a total request of N115 billion for the National Assembly.
This represents only 1.8 per cent of the N6.08 trillion"

Read arewablognews..com for more
or click https:///ibocql

(1) (Reply)

Perfect For Occasional Use / Buhari Promises To Secure Niger Delta, Rebuild North East / Senior Legal Practitioners Frustrating The War Against Corruption Says EFCC Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.