Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,724 members, 7,827,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail (33904 Views)

Okorocha's Sister Who Pocketed N600m While Pensioners Suffer - Facebook User / Police Spends N600m On Procurement Of Dogs / The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by danladi2x(m): 3:18pm On Jan 22, 2016
byteHead

post=42218467]Altogether thats 700million naira. Kuje prisons is now metuh's new home.

Get it right, the the total is 1'000'000'000 (one billion naira) i.e 400m+600m and not 700m
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by DeZoro(m): 3:20pm On Jan 22, 2016
All these are product of APC govt. Metuh was a bone in their neck and as such the only way to silence him or pdp. how on earth one to use 700m nairafor bail!

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by galadima77(m): 3:22pm On Jan 22, 2016
kokoA:
I'm loving this mehn! EFCC, oya charge him with another offense sharply! This time around he will be granted 500million naira bail. grin By the time baba is done with these goats ehn, we would have gotten enough "interest" on our stolen yams. Na we go begin beg people to loot sef.

Hahahahahahahaha badt guy! These NL posters dey feel my grief die!

And dey say we cant fund d 2016 budget? Infact, wit efcc on our (revenue) side, we wont be looking too far for IGR.

When we said change, they (pdp looters and sympathizers) didnt really get the picture. Now they are getting it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by mekonglobal(m): 3:22pm On Jan 22, 2016
Fire on Buhari! Osogbo weed on his Judges from 4m to 6m, same court, different rulings, one person, one case..which way Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:23pm On Jan 22, 2016
akinsbaba2015:
. How is the PDP Buhari's enemy? They were in government and are alleged to have committed several financial atrocities, Buhari has not judged them, he has only brought them before the judiciary where they can put up a proper defence. Buhari through the EFCC has overwhelming evidence to prosecute them and they also will bring their evidence and plead their case before the judge. The monies we are talking about does not belong to Buhari, APC, GEJ or PDP, it belongs to the Nigerian state, Buhari is the custodian and the law empowers a sitting President to bring every citizen who has been found to have allegedly defrauded the nation in one way or the other. Buhari is just doing what other advanced nations are doing to maintain a sane and decent society. SHIKENA

Akin my man, so na only PDP people dey kwurrupt? So he doesn't have evidence for APC looters?

Thank God you know that HE is responsible, through the EFCC, for the plight of his enemies.

I totally gave up on Buhari after seeing the budget.

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by akinsbaba2015: 3:23pm On Jan 22, 2016
josite:

i absolutely agree with your reasoning but can govt affords to rub the citizen so hard,this hard.apc,buhari do not need the negative perception that may or may not results from this.govt must copy good practices,cant you see how calm obama remains in spite of daily provocations received from the likes of donald trumps,even his service chiefs atimes makes very cutting remarks and obama kept calm.while in captivitity ,irrationality may set in for someone who never imagines himself in such a scene .i plead metuh be treated with caution,with respect and efcc will do well to enlist a psychiatrist for him.i feel his pain and i pray for wisdom and strength for his lawyer.now he must help metuh out of a really messy situation.
. Before you criticise just ensure that you have no history of criminality. If you have such records the public may even be the one to expose you and not the government. Hence the saying "he who comes to equity must come with clean hands" The government has said repeatedly that there is very little money (hence the need to borrow to fux capital projects) to work with to achieve a better nation. Your party PDP through you said its a "budget of fraud" while we were at it, you (chief olisa metuh) said at a press conference that the former President GEJ gave you money to do a job (that you have still not specified) and you were paid for it. The new government told you that these are part of the funds that were misappropriated. So, you thought being the opposition spokesman has conferred you any sort of immunity against investigation, arrest and prosecution. You said that you will only talk in court but as a lawyer you forgot that before you talk in court there must first be a filing for your bail, you also forgot to check the precedence of the recent bail that were granted to other members of the yam-eating family. The greatest mistake you ever made was to think that the WAR AGAINST CORRUPTION was child's play.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
akinsbaba2015:
. Before you criticise just ensure that you have no history of criminality. If you have such records the public may even be the one to expose you and not the government. Hence the saying "he who comes to equity must come with clean hands" The government has said repeatedly that there is very little money (hence the need to borrow to fux capital projects) to work with to achieve a better nation. Your party PDP through you said its a "budget of fraud" while we were at it, you (chief olisa metuh) said at a press conference that the former President GEJ gave you money to do a job (that you have still not specified) and you were paid for it. The new government told you that these are part of the funds that were misappropriated. So, you thought being the opposition spokesman has conferred you any sort of immunity against investigation, arrest and prosecution. You said that you will only talk in court but as a lawyer you forgot that before you talk in court there must first be a filing for your bail, you also forgot to check the precedence of the recent bail that were granted to other members of the yam-eating family. The greatest mistake you ever made was to think that the WAR AGAINST CORRUPTION was child's play.

@ Bolded

Was this reflected in the budget?

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by galadima77(m): 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
DeZoro:
All these are product of APC govt. Metuh was a bone in their neck and as such the only way to silence him or pdp. how on earth one to use 700m nairafor bail!

Bone in their neck indeed! When they were busy sharing away blood money and looting posterity, there was no bone abi?

Guy! Bone or no bone, we need money and i thought u called us dullards without certificates... By the time apc regime is through wit dem, they'll prefer kuje to maitama

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by gigabyte13: 3:31pm On Jan 22, 2016
Masculity:

giga you said my mind, she before they said the budget na big scam as oil money dey decrease.

Na PDP go finance our budget. Chai

they were not seeing what Baba had seen. They tot he was joking. In all of this l pity the PDP

na dem go finance the budget by there sef. Metuh will do his part, others will follow in the coming days.

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by arresa: 3:31pm On Jan 22, 2016
DeZoro:

Corruption fighting back..

Don't do the crime if you don't want to do the time.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by akinsbaba2015: 3:31pm On Jan 22, 2016
Napoleone:
Don't be ignorant bro. There are two separate cases against him; money laundering and destruction of evidence. Besides, they are to find sureties worth the amount to sta. nd for him and not they they are to give the money. It's when he runs away they sureties will be arrested and made to pay the money.
. The sureties are depositing with the courts title deeds of their landed property at a location specified by the court, all these documents will be verified by all parties, EFCC, the court registrar and the ministry of lands in that particular jurisdiction. Its no tea party at all.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by tinsel: 3:35pm On Jan 22, 2016
Freegift75:
300 + 400= 700M who will deliver Metuh from the Kuje Prison?
The total bail is one billion. 400 and 600m
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by HXoritz(m): 3:38pm On Jan 22, 2016
Metuh will be like pls Efcc this are ma assets derive ur money n free me i want to come back to the village to farm...dis is the list of the benefactors collect d balance 4rm dem cos wen d going was sweet der all licked their hands.....pipo go cry n beg 4 mercy buh no mercy...#PMB shows no mercy 4 his enemies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by DAVEZONIGLTD: 3:54pm On Jan 22, 2016
This is becoming boring shocked this Government should start something that would reflect positively in life of Nigerian..........

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by olu03(m): 3:56pm On Jan 22, 2016
700 million bail!!, every currupt politians under the watch of EFCC should be really worry right now.

Two sureties, 300 each which makes it 600m plus d first 400m makes it1bill
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by JonazG: 3:57pm On Jan 22, 2016
jimmy1boy:
[color=#990000][/color] sad[b][/b] GOSSIP NOT GOSSIPERS 'anumanu like you'
Spotted! one of nairaland trols... pesting around the forum.. only knows how to insult people. .. but never made a single meaningful addition to the forum.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by akinsbaba2015: 3:58pm On Jan 22, 2016
BuddhaPalm:

Akin my man, so na only PDP people dey kwurrupt? So he doesn't have evidence for APC looters?

Thank God you know that HE is responsible, through the EFCC, for the plight of his enemies.

I totally gave up on Buhari after seeing the budget.

. Who handed over to Buhari? PDP Who was in charge of the federal government since 1999? PDP. If money is lost in UBA, will the police query a Zenith Bank MD? Who appointed Sambo Dasuki who in turn shared government money allegedly to several PDP chieftains and non-PDP chieftains? PDP. Whose role was it to fund/equip the army to fight the insurgency? PDP. Whose role was it to ensure that budgeted funds and extra funds($322million Abacha loot that Ngozi Okonjo Iweala handed over to Dasuki in a letter addressed to GEJ) to purchase weapons for the effective war against Boko Haram was used for its intended purpose? PDP. Corruption did not start with the PDP, while they were in power did political office holders become far more corrupt? YES. Was there a political will on their part to put to put an end to the menace of corruption especially in government circles? NO. Who vehemently tried to differentiate between stealing and corruption? PDP/ GEJ. Who takes the lion share of the nations consolidated monthly earnings (oil & non oil revenue)?-the federal government. Who shares the money with other tiers of government (states and LGs)- federal government (through the ministry of finance) who should lead by examples of probity, accountability, due process & zero tolerance for corruption-the federal government. Where else do you think the war against corruption should have started given the evidences at our disposal? the federal government. While we seek to repatriate looted funds using the legal framework, who do we call to question?Answer: the public office holders who served under a PDP administration who may not necessarily be card-carrying member if that party. Have I answered your questions?

3 Likes

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by Konpresor012(m): 4:03pm On Jan 22, 2016
kay29000:
Pardon my ignorance people, I want to understand this bail thing. Does it mean Metuh has to pay 600 million cash? And will he get it back at any point? Please someone should enlighten me. Thanks in advance.

If one is on bail in tune of 300m, its just an undertaking made by a surety dat if he/they fail to produce a suspect in court whenever he's need, then, they'll have to pay the 300m bail agreement...and a surety is also to deposit in cash any amount that's been prescribed by the court and documents of his properties if need be b4 the accused is released on bail...though, a surety can decide to opt out of the agreement anytime he feels the accuse wud sabotage the bail conditions and his money and property be returned back to him.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by lukxman(m): 4:08pm On Jan 22, 2016
byteHead:
Altogether thats 700million naira. Kuje prisons is now metuh's new home.

Altogether is N 1 billion. See the formular: m is Metuh, b is bail a is the amount. m = (1b + 2b)

1b = 400, 000, 000 while 2b = 600, 000, 000

m = 400, 000, 000 + 600, 000, 000
therefore m= 1000, 000, 000

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by KMJY(f): 4:09pm On Jan 22, 2016
I am writing a project on a topic: Political Vendetta and witch-huting of the opposition: Lesson to PDP: A Case study of wicked APC's Efcc
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by kay29000(m): 4:10pm On Jan 22, 2016
Konpresor012:

If one is on bail in tune of 300m, its just an undertaking made by a surety dat if he/they fail to produce a suspect in court whenever he's need, then, they'll have to pay the 300m bail agreement...and a surety is also to deposit in cash any amount that's been prescribed by the court and documents of his properties if need be b4 the accused is released on bail...though, a surety can decide to opt out of the agreement anytime he feels the accuse wud sabotage the bail conditions and his money and property be returned back to him.

Okay. Thanks for this explanation. It is clearer now.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by Damdeok(m): 4:15pm On Jan 22, 2016
Person they should av sentence 2 50year imprisonment nd 2 refund d looted fund. ole
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by ElCapone(m): 4:15pm On Jan 22, 2016
waistbead:
Metuh's case has gone personal.
lpz let it.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by iukpe: 4:18pm On Jan 22, 2016
Abeg who is that person who was charged sometime for stealing money and then was asked to refund like less than 10% to get off the hook. Make him pray say EFCC no remember him matter. Now you refund with interest.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by ElCapone(m): 4:19pm On Jan 22, 2016
Aufbauh:
FLASHBACK: “Don’t vote Muhammadu Buhari. I cannot be carrying food to my husband in prison”- Dame Patience Faka Jonathan a.k.a Mama Peace (The Woman who saw tomorrow)
She really saw tomorrow!!!
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by ckmayoca: 4:20pm On Jan 22, 2016
kay29000:
Pardon my ignorance people, I want to understand this bail thing. Does it mean Metuh has to pay 600 million cash? And will he get it back at any point? Please someone should enlighten me. Thanks in advance.

The money will be returned after his case, the money is to release him from detention but he will be visiting the court until his case is done with. Guilty or no guilty the money will be returned.

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by ckmayoca: 4:20pm On Jan 22, 2016
iukpe:
Abeg who is that person who was charged sometime for stealing money and then was asked to refund like less than 10% to get off the hook. Make him pray say EFCC no remember him matter. Now you refund with interest.

Who has refunded with interest?
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by kay29000(m): 4:21pm On Jan 22, 2016
ckmayoca:

The money will be returned after his case, the money is to release him from detention but he will be visiting the court until his case is done with. Guilty or no guilty the money will be returned.

Okay. Thanks a lot...it is clearer now.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by caprini1: 4:21pm On Jan 22, 2016
I always try to tell people to be good,because of tomorrow..... Metuh was an azs hole,he has treated a lot of people with disdain.... everywhere,from the village,in those days when he was following Emeka Offor up an down,in PDP,in fact in the world world am sure.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by ElCapone(m): 4:22pm On Jan 22, 2016
richidinho:
is it not when you see the money?
Abi ooh, he may as well continue enjoying himself in kuje nw.
Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by GoodMuyis(m): 4:23pm On Jan 22, 2016
kay29000:

bail 1 /beɪl/
noun
the temporary release of an accused person
awaiting trial, sometimes on condition that
a sum of money is lodged to guarantee
their appearance in court.

----

Yea metuh will get his money back hen the case is over

1 Like

Re: Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail by akinsbaba2015: 4:23pm On Jan 22, 2016
BuddhaPalm:

@ Bolded

Was this reflected in the budget?
. One thing you have to understand about the budget, it's a fiscal spending plan over the course of 12 calendar months, it's not as if the N6trillion is available at the passing of the budget, you are simply saying that these are our oil & non-oil "projected" earnings over the course of the year and from what accrues to the FG these are the areas where we want to deploy the funds to. Since the total projected earnings won't be enough for all that we want to do(capital & recurrent) we intend to borrow locally & internationally to finance the capital expenditure since they are obviously longterm projects and so you need funds that will also be paid back over long-term) For the projected earnings, as you earn them you spend, so, all the MDAs come up with their specific projects and priority list and then defend their respective budget apportionment before the NASS. At the passage of the budget the N6trillion is either slashed or increased based on the prevalent economic situation and further economic forecast for the year(especially with dwindling crude oil prices). Ultimately, the budget performance in the course of the financial year is key. All hands must be on deck to ensure a quick passage, a diligent oversight and an effective budget implementation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cows At Micheal Okpara Square In Enugu (Photos) / Pictures From Buhari's Campaign Rally In Imo / Leaked Tape Of Tinubu Promising To Share Huge Money If Buhari Wins [LISTEN]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.