Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,676 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 (1564 Views)

CNN.Nigeria Aims To Create 400,000 Jobs By Making Pencils / CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React / Effects Of Brexit Results On The African Largest Economies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by AkinEgba: 7:14pm On Jan 22, 2016
Nigeria has been dropped from a shortlist of countries to watch in 2016 according to a CNN money report.

The new list of the economies to watch comprises; Rwanda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Mauritius 

The report attributed weak currencies as the reason Africa’s No. 1 Economy Nigeria and giant South Africa did not make the list. Falling oil prices constituted a threat to Nigeria, it noted.

The CNN money report says that the list of economies to watch are from “unexpected places” which “are all showing promise with strong growth rates, albeit from a low base”.

CNN highlights that while most African countries have been impacted by slowing growth in China and the tightening of interest rates by the U.S. Federal Reserve, it’s not all gloomy.

Sub-Saharan Africa is still expected to clock in growth of 3.75% in 2016 and is still home to some of the fastest growing economies in the world.

The report comes as world leaders and business figures gather in Davos for the World Economic Forum.

While the aforementioned countries don’t have a big presence in Davos, “they are currently the most resilient economies in Africa”.

CNN money reported that Nigeria was one of the top three fastest growing Economies in the world alongside China and Qatar in 2015.

- See more at: http://www.thewhistleng.com/weak-currency-cnn-drops-nigeria-lists-rwanda-mauritius-as-countries-to-watch-in-2016/#sthash.rtveLBRX.dpuf

http://www.thewhistleng.com/weak-currency-cnn-drops-nigeria-lists-rwanda-mauritius-as-countries-to-watch-in-2016/
Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by AkinEgba: 7:15pm On Jan 22, 2016
Buhari scoring really, really high grin sad grin angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by dtruth3(m): 7:46pm On Jan 22, 2016
I created a similar thread a while ago with verifiable source. But the mod close it as soon as it started generating traffic.

Watch a zombie mod come and close this thread.

#shamelessness #everywhere

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by shameseun: 7:46pm On Jan 22, 2016
We threw away Goodluck and "cluelessness" and embraced Bubadluck and HEADLESS almajeri. Everything nose-diving since May 29th, 2015.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by okezed: 7:50pm On Jan 22, 2016
In the word of a wrestler by name king Barrett "I GOT A BAD NEWS"!!!!!

1 Like

Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by ZZ22: 8:22pm On Jan 22, 2016
CHANGE... Buhari wey dey confuse carry PDP members dey do effizy and the entertained zombies dey clap for him but i believe with time e go clear for thier eyes and they might stone Buhari

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by Sall(m): 8:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
Be as it may and with president Muhammadu buhari in control Nigeria will surely bounce back and stronger.
Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 22, 2016
chanji ooooooooooooooooooooo
chanji is real
soon, zimbabwe will be better than the zoo
we already know
the zoo must fall
NNAMDI KANU 2015

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by Pidggin(f): 8:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
Buhari talk say im dey fight coruption forget economy...which kain CHANGE bi dis?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by HiddenShadow: 9:03pm On Jan 22, 2016
While Jonathan brought good lucks, Buhari is bringing bad lucks.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by naijaboy756: 9:07pm On Jan 22, 2016
PMB, keep pride aside. Go and beg Ngozi Okonjo to help you out. You and your entire team are helpless as to how to save the economy. Pride comes before a fall... You still have time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by DelGardo: 9:13pm On Jan 22, 2016
HiddenShadow:

"Lucks"? Twice in one sentence? Na wah o, bros.

Meanwhile I read up there that Chinese economy is also contracting with lower growth rate than projected - just like Nigeria. Is Buhari also also affecting China?
Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by naijaboy756: 9:16pm On Jan 22, 2016
DelGardo:

Meanwhile I read up there that Chinese economy is also contracting with lower growth rate than projected - just like Nigeria. Is Buhari also also affecting China?
stop comparing left and right.. The are 2 different directions. How e sound for your mouth sef?
Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 22, 2016
This is good or bad depending on your perspective. It would be good for an entrepreneur. The likes of Dangote are smiling at this news because all they see is limitless opportunity for growth. Damn, I need to switch up soon.

2 Likes

Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by HiddenShadow: 9:19pm On Jan 22, 2016
DelGardo:

Teacher Chike abi na Ayo. Tell Bubu to bring back our good luck we don't want his Change

3 Likes

Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by TheArchangel(f): 9:19pm On Jan 22, 2016
The saints we've been waiting for.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by IVORY2009(m): 9:20pm On Jan 22, 2016
dtruth3:
I created a similar thread a while ago with verifiable source. But the mod close it as soon as it started generating traffic.

Watch a zombie mod come and close this thread.

#shamelessness #everywhere

The APC Moderator in politics section must have done so cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by nigerianvenom(m): 9:23pm On Jan 22, 2016
I weep for my dear country
Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by ElCule: 9:23pm On Jan 22, 2016
Mr President must wake up and face the reality on ground. The country is sinking by the day.
Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by Tochaigh: 9:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
IVORY2009:

The APC Moderator in politics section must have done so cheesy

Seems his wings has been clipped a little bit, no more banning sprees, cos Nairaland is currently having one of its lowest page views in a very long time, even most Frontpage threads now end on 2nd page, no more double figure pages. That's why Frontpage is being bombarded with news every minute.

Mr Seun, hypocrisy never pays.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by DelGardo: 9:36pm On Jan 22, 2016
naijaboy756:
stop comparing left and right.. The are 2 different directions. How e sound for your mouth sef?

Which one is left and right again? World economy is slowing down due mainly to fall in oil prices and weak demand for consumer goods. Our economic growth has always been linked to oil price so it is only natural that low Brent price will translate to lower growth rate for Nigeria. It has nothing to do with the president's economic acumen or lack of it. Dig?

Also economic growth does not mean much when the money earned from oil is stolen, shared among few politicians or spent on stuff like (I struggle to remember one thing Jona used money for) African first ladies' gathering in Abuja.

We have had higher growth rate than Canada in the last 8yrs but we are no where near them, using any measure of national or individual development index.

Now what's your point again?
Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by kernel504(m): 9:37pm On Jan 22, 2016
APC - (Association of Proffessional Criminals)

3 Likes

Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by IVORY2009(m): 9:37pm On Jan 22, 2016
Tochaigh:

Seems his wings has been clipped a little bit, no more banning sprees, cos Nairaland is currently having one of its lowest page views in a very long time, even most Frontpage threads now end on 2nd page, no more double figure pages. That's why Frontpage is being bombarded with news every minute.

Mr Seun, hypocrisy never pays.

I thought as much, for some weeks now, people have been complaining left, right and corner on how they were banish unceremoniously, this is unacceptable becos this is a public forum, where peeps are meant to air their views about happens in our society and Mr Seun is make money from advert placed here by top companies, he can not afford to loose those cash @ this time.
Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by DelGardo: 9:41pm On Jan 22, 2016
HiddenShadow:

Teacher Chike abi na Ayo. Tell Bubu to bring back our good luck we don't want his Change

Nwokem I gukwalu secondary school?. Change is here and we are loving it.
Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by sdindan: 9:43pm On Jan 22, 2016
The End
Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by teadrake(m): 9:44pm On Jan 22, 2016
When Nigeria was listed as one of the rising economy country by all these ivy league channel during the past administration, what was the impact on the citizens?
Only some useless and unrealistic economic curve with manufactured economic estimation by our finance ministry claiming our economy was growing.
CNN should go and rest in peace
Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by teadrake(m): 9:48pm On Jan 22, 2016
HiddenShadow:
Economic good luck you intended?That has no visible impact on the citizens except diagrammatical projections?
May I ask what your own definition of robust economy is during GEJ era?
Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 22, 2016
teadrake:
When Nigeria was listed as one of the rising economy country by all these ivy league channel during the past administration, what was the impact on the citizens?
Only some useless and unrealistic economic curve with manufactured economic estimation by our finance ministry claiming our economy was growing.
CNN should go and rest in peace

I'm shocked people didn't know we've been living in a bubble, the oil bubble. Now, bubble done burst eye done clear, wailing done start. To be fair to Jonathan, I doubt he could have fully diversified the economy given the time he had; on the flipside, however, he didn't do enough to get the ball rolling. Which, in reality, is a major reason he was booted out.
Re: CNN: Nigeria Dropped From Growing Economies for 2016 by Godjone(m): 10:25pm On Jan 22, 2016
God go punish those zombies wey put us for this quagmire.

With NOI and GEJ, 9Ja economy was smiling, but the agent of body odour came with his Nepa bill and used the heads of some zombies to climb to power.

Zombies thunder fire una smelling as$ any day any time

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Would You React If Government Decides To Prohibit Polygamy In Nigeria? / PHOTO: A Facebook User, Pablo Reyes, Predicted Latest World Deaths Since 2015 / Awujale Of Ijebuland,Oba Sikiru Adetona Visits Buhari In London(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.