Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,412 members, 7,850,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:57 PM

We Need Okonjo Iweala Now More Than Ever - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Need Okonjo Iweala Now More Than Ever (5796 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Pictured With Chidiogo Akunyili, Daughter Of Late Dora / Suspend Okonjo-iweala Now, Nigerian Group Petitions GAVI / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Need Okonjo Iweala Now More Than Ever by Remii(m): 7:49am On Jan 23, 2016
naijaboy756:
ask Fashola who attested that GEJ has built more roads than others. Ask Amaechi who confirmed that he didn't know we had speed rail. Ask the Almajiris. Ask the new Federal Universities. Ask sure-p and youwin beneficiaries. Ask yourself about the improved power supply. Ask ask ask!!! Child.. Ask!
so those projects were taken care of with fund not budgeted for? I thought excess crude acct is fund made from sale of oil above benchmarked price, lol

1 Like

Re: We Need Okonjo Iweala Now More Than Ever by Ugonnax: 7:55am On Jan 23, 2016
omokab:
[s]I am an accountant but time may not permit us to analyse in details but common sense can give us a good a result.NOI left dollar to naira at 210 at black market not as an official rate with cbn. Because most people always use unofficial rate to judge standard rate which u can use to transact ur business with other countary. When you are publishing your annual account be it financial statement of a particular year what you will use is official rate but we have many rate in accounting ie opening rate,closing rate, current rate, average rate etc. Now if you look at current official rate at bank is around 199 naira to dollar.This is the official rate as at today.
Saturday 23/01/2016
DateUnited States DollarNigerian Naira
Saturday 23/01/20161 USD =198.96 NGN
Friday 22/01/20161 USD =198.96 NGN
Thursday 21/01/20161 USD =198.87 NGN
Wednesday 20/01/20161 USD =199.15 NGN
Tuesday 19/01/20161 USD =199.25. But the problem we are having is our banks and bureau de change because of their own selfishness. The 305 you mentioned is from BDC. Or black mkt. Now let us look at the difference between the two NOI met ER at 160 left it at 210 as u mentioned at the black mkt which indicate a difference of 50 naira. At the same time if you check official exchange as at april,2015 before Noi left government is still around 199 5 while in april 2014 is around 165 but the one you mentioned is black mkt. For kemi the exchange rate has not gone bad at official rate compared to what noi left it even at selling rate in banks of around 220-230 which is a bad thing from our banks who loves to cheat its cisizen. Also we should know that Kemi just started working as a minister of finance even when our economy is in dwindling situation. So,we should give her chance to perform which I believe she will when the budget is passed and signed to law. Thank u[/s]

You are an Accountant...I'm glad you said that. Meaning, you have virtually no business when it comes to economic matters...monetary and fiscal. I do because I'M AN ECONOMIST.
Re: We Need Okonjo Iweala Now More Than Ever by tolugar: 8:05am On Jan 23, 2016
chigoizie7:

Lols, when u drive a rickety car, and people but she put in measures that didn't allow us feel the downslide. I expect Sai manipulate it and we will get to our destination.( u can agree to this fact that it happens).

I might be wrong on all that I ve wrote.

But u still made valid points, kudos to ya

You are right on what you said.

It shld be a gradual process.
Re: We Need Okonjo Iweala Now More Than Ever by Remii(m): 8:05am On Jan 23, 2016
naijaboy756:
another funny child. Who said the funds weren't budgeted for?
how are they budgeted for if you said the excess crude acct shared was used for projects already budgeted for? like I wrote above, excess crude should mean fund realised from sale of crude above benchmarked price, so its not budgeted for, its meant to be saved for times like this.

1 Like

Re: We Need Okonjo Iweala Now More Than Ever by otokx(m): 8:11am On Jan 23, 2016
Ugonnax:
Out of hatred, gifted people like Okonjo Iweala, Stella Oteh and others will never serve this ungrateful country again. Even Soludo I believed he is being lobbied now to help out is also refusing to serve. I would prefer all Igbos in senior management position at any monetary, asset and fiscal manegement agencies to resign. Mr. Onyema of Stock Exchange...resign now and leave this ungrateful people alone.You think these best minds were playing under GEJ? They were workig their azz off. Nigeria is finished.

If they are so gifted, let em aspire to the post of Governor in their respective states and turn those states peradventure they win into Dubai.
Re: We Need Okonjo Iweala Now More Than Ever by otokx(m): 8:13am On Jan 23, 2016
Ugonnax:

You are an Accountant...I'm glad you said that. Meaning, you have virtually no business when it comes to economic matters...monetary and fiscal. I do because I'M AN ECONOMIST.

Don't start 4th world war here.
Re: We Need Okonjo Iweala Now More Than Ever by SonOfEl(m): 8:57am On Jan 23, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
stop being childish and tribalistic. How did she perform? She borrowed N470billion to pay salaries just after few months of oil price dwindle. Is that the kind of person you want at the elm of affairs now? Someone that couldn't manage in the time of plenty now being called back by fools to come and row us in this time of little.

Obviously your type will never see the good in her... However, the enlightened world knows better.
Re: We Need Okonjo Iweala Now More Than Ever by pharmagba: 9:44am On Jan 23, 2016
ExplorerReturns:
Nigeria should swallow her pride and appoint okonjo iweala. we need her now more than ever. our current finance minister is clueless and daft. we all know that Igbos are naturally good managers and we also know what happened to the companies that fell victim indigenization policy. professionalism should supersede tribalism and party.

Ogun economy is not thesame with Nigeria's economy.
Nonsense! what if okonjo is dead then we can't move on in our finance ministry?
In Kemi I see the best finace minister that will ever emerge.

1 Like

Re: We Need Okonjo Iweala Now More Than Ever by BeClever: 9:59am On Jan 23, 2016
Ugonnax:

Another sorry azz yoruba loser. Keep blaming her when she left naira to dollar at 210 naira but under your sophisticated weave-wearing rasterferan Kemi Adeosun dollar has gone up to 305 naira.

$210 is Wrong...$198 is Correct!
Re: We Need Okonjo Iweala Now More Than Ever by omokab: 12:45pm On Jan 23, 2016
Ugonnax:

then explain indetails. The fiscal and monetary policy used by government is well understood by me. Just because you don't have any knowledge about accounting. Thank God I did economics, both micro and macro if at all we can't go in details as an economics but not on the issue of national policy which I know very well. Likewise I did element of banking, banking operation as well law and prsctice of banking. Then as an accountant, knowledge about finacial management should also be of help in trem of difficulties. Also public finance is another area of help and public sector accounting. You can only tell those that doesn't understand what learnt in school as an accountant that they can't contribute to the developmet of the nation. Accountant as afinacial expert help both private and public sector.

1 Like

Re: We Need Okonjo Iweala Now More Than Ever by IvyBelle: 11:18pm On Jan 23, 2016
I am quite happy you recognize I am Yoruba ,I guess you meant to say we are smart, reasonable and quite optimistic ,when the older Yorubas signed up for Nigeria ,they knew they had the backing of generations unborn to understand their intention. Needless to say we do [quote author=Ugonnax post=42237883
Typical yoruba response...one-dimensional, subjective and warped.. [/quote]
Re: We Need Okonjo Iweala Now More Than Ever by MayorofLagos(m): 11:26pm On Jan 23, 2016
ExplorerReturns:
Nigeria should swallow her pride and appoint okonjo iweala. we need her now more than ever. our current finance minister is clueless and daft. we all know that Igbos are naturally good managers and we also know what happened to the companies that fell victim indigenization policy. professionalism should supersede tribalism and party.

Ogun economy is not thesame with Nigeria's economy.

Lmao. Tell madam Ngozi to step foot in Nigeria nau. grin

Hello EFCC...hello, can you hear me, EFCC....madam Ngozi is preparing for homecoming. Can you guys use money recovered from Metuh to throw a owambe for madam, with aso ebi and everything? grin

1 Like

Re: We Need Okonjo Iweala Now More Than Ever by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:11am On Jan 24, 2016
OkutaNla:

Wasn't she the most powerful minister during GEJ admin? Sotay some were even calling her "Prime Minister". She had so much power and influence that there's absolutely NO WAY in hell that she didn't know about all the thievery going on in that administration as Finance Minister who signs off on all financial matters at the centre. That alone has soiled her image for good. Of course there are other many allegations against her stewardship.
Was she efcc chairman
Re: We Need Okonjo Iweala Now More Than Ever by OkutaNla: 9:17am On Jan 24, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Was she efcc chairman

You are better than this bro. She definitely witnessed all the financial atrocities. The honorable thing any person with an iota of integrity would have done would be to resign honorably, but she obviously chose to look the other way (at best) or was herself a party to the whole mess.

2 Likes

Re: We Need Okonjo Iweala Now More Than Ever by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:20am On Jan 24, 2016
OkutaNla:

Hahahaha. Look, you people need to get off your tribal high horses. Prof. Soludo that took your hero to the cleaners about her gross mismanagement of the country's finances is not a Yorubaman. If Iweala had guided GEJ adequately during her 6-year tenure as Finance Minister we won't be in this mess coz they would have SAVED all that money that was made during the oil boom days to better prepare Nigeria for the low oil prices we're experiencing, diversified the economy, and even curbed waste and corruption. And you are wrong about her leaving the dollar at 210, she left it at 215 and it has been downhill ever since then. I know she's your hero, maybe even from your state, but look, not all of us are high on your tribal weed. Receive sense, mr. man.
Blame it on your governors who squandered their funds. States like anambra are not crying line this.
Talking about dollar, what has kemi done about it ? Still clueless.
We need soludo or noi

1 Like

Re: We Need Okonjo Iweala Now More Than Ever by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:37am On Jan 24, 2016
OkutaNla:

You are better than this bro. She definitely witnessed all the financial atrocities. The honorable thing any person with an iota of integrity would have done would be to resign honorably, but she obviously chose to look the other way (at best) or was herself a party to the whole mess.
The scam of a budget we have now, has kemi resigned cos of it ?
You people have to agree she is better than kemi
Re: We Need Okonjo Iweala Now More Than Ever by OkutaNla: 9:42am On Jan 24, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Blame it on your governors who squandered their funds. States like anambra are not crying line this.
Talking about dollar, what has kemi done about it ? Still clueless.
We need soludo or noi

While Soludo would be a welcome addition to this administration's economic team as a replacement for Emefiele, I would like to remind you that the dollar slide started while NOI was still finance minister and she's even on record for saying that it wasn't her fault and even blamed it on the CBN for devaluing the naira due to falling crude prices! As at 2014 ending, the dollar had slid from 155 to 168 naira to a dollar, under Iweala, and by Feb. 2014 before the elections it was at N215 to a dollar. Are you noticing the pattern? This all happened under Iweala. Yet in the midst of critisims and calls for her resignation and sack by the opposition, many of you guys went tribal, as you are doing again this time around. If her supporters could accept her argument that CBN was solely responsible for devaluing the Naira, why then are you all so quick to jettison the same argument with respect to the current Finance Minister? Let me guess, coz she's Yoruba? I understand.

Also, If you remember, this same NOI borrowed up to $1-billion dollars during her tenure (around May 2015) to pay salaries!

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/182543-nigerian-govt-borrowing-billions-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala.html

In the face of dwindling oil revenues, Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, said the Federal Government has borrowed about N473billion to pay salaries and fund the 2015 budget.

This happened under her watch and management as Finance Minister. You just accused the state governors of 'squandering' funds, what about the FG under her watch? Who do we blame for such a situation? Mind you this was the financial condition of the country at the twilight of the last administration o. Yet you all are already blaming Kemi Adeosun. Like how do you all even sleep at night?

1 Like

Re: We Need Okonjo Iweala Now More Than Ever by OkutaNla: 9:49am On Jan 24, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

The scam of a budget we have now, has kemi resigned cos of it ?
You people have to agree she is better than kemi

Look, you obviously cannot be reasoned with on this subject matter coz you look at everything from a tribal prism. Kemi is already being written off by you tribal bigots after a mere few months on the job, while Iweala's 6-years of managing the economy has been marked by controversy, scandal and weighty charges of gross mismanagement and incompetence, and you lot expect to be taken seriously? ? Comedy extravaganza! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: We Need Okonjo Iweala Now More Than Ever by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 24, 2016
Stop re-cycling old and backwarding economic and political ideologies. Goodbye to Ngozi. She is the major cause of Nigerian economic woes.
Re: We Need Okonjo Iweala Now More Than Ever by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:06am On Jan 24, 2016
OkutaNla:

Look, you obviously cannot be reasoned with on this subject matter coz you look at everything from a tribal prism. Kemi is already being written off by you tribal bigots after a mere few months on the job, while Iweala's 6-years of managing the economy has been marked by controversy, scandal and weighty charges of gross mismanagement and incompetence, and you lot expect to be taken seriously? ? Comedy extravaganza! cheesy
It's nothing tribal nwokem. The lady is clueless. She needs replacement even if another Yoruba has to be appointed in her place. Everything is tribe to you
Re: We Need Okonjo Iweala Now More Than Ever by OkutaNla: 10:11am On Jan 24, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

It's nothing tribal nwokem. The lady is clueless. She needs replacement even if another Yoruba has to be appointed in her place. Everything is tribe to you

Smh. You are such a hypocrite. Didn't you just type up there that:

InyinyaAgbaOku:

We need noi or soludo

You people have no shame. I'm sorry I'm done with this conversation. Happy sunday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo Prostrating To Greet Ooni Of Ife / Inauguration: My Govt Will Engender More Massive Rural Development - Ugwuanyi / BREAKING: Nigerian Lawmaker Slumps, Dies During Plenary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.