Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

A Day To Commemorate Victims Of Boko Haram Insurgence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Day To Commemorate Victims Of Boko Haram Insurgence (581 Views)

More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills / 1 Soldier Killed, 3 Others Wounded During Insurgence Attack In Kangarwa (photos) / Israelis Gather To Commemorate The Arrival Of The Biblical Eri In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Day To Commemorate Victims Of Boko Haram Insurgence by izken: 11:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
With high hopes that the Federal Government and indeed Nigeria has finally won the war against terrorism, I would suggest first Sunday of Every February as a day to mourn those whom the nation has last to this act of inhumanity in our dear country. Even though there might be more bombings, I want to believe the war has been won and I urge you to believe same. We have conquered and keep setting examples to challenges for others to follow.

This should be done by burning a stick of candle in the evening for those including our gallant soldiers who have lost their lives to this act of wickedness.

It is to send a strong message to those who kill innocent Nigerians that we remain united against any act of violence and killing.
Re: A Day To Commemorate Victims Of Boko Haram Insurgence by APCLyingBastard: 11:58pm On Jan 22, 2016
You can never defeat boko haram because they are driven by ideology.

Sooner or later they will strike.

The only way out is to leave them in their north to form their caliphate
Re: A Day To Commemorate Victims Of Boko Haram Insurgence by checkolatunji: 12:04am On Jan 23, 2016
APCLyingBastard:
You can never defeat boko haram because they are driving by ideology.

Sooner or later they will strike.

The only way out is to leave them in their north to form their caliphate

You don't have to think that way, there is nothing impossible. We are God
Re: A Day To Commemorate Victims Of Boko Haram Insurgence by APCLyingBastard: 12:08am On Jan 23, 2016
checkolatunji:

You don't have to think that way, there is nothing impossible. We are God

Since that vagabond began his criminal cult in Arabia some 1,400 yrs ago, there will forever remain bokos ready to emulate him.

The only way out is to let them have their caliphate and to contain them within it's prison walls.
Re: A Day To Commemorate Victims Of Boko Haram Insurgence by checkolatunji: 12:11am On Jan 23, 2016
APCLyingBastard:

Since that vagabond began his criminal cult in Arabia some 1,400 yrs ago, there will forever remain bokos ready to emulate him.

The only way out is to let them have their caliphate and to contain them within it's prison walls.

I understand your points but let's hope ours will be different. God willing
Re: A Day To Commemorate Victims Of Boko Haram Insurgence by APCLyingBastard: 12:16am On Jan 23, 2016
checkolatunji:

I understand your points but let's hope ours will be different. God willing

Currently in the Muslim world , they believe that their time has come with the emergence of the Caliphate in Syria and Iraq and the refugee invasion of Europe.

The Muslims all believe that sooner or later their imam Mahdi (Antichrist ) will soon appear and lead the final jihad to dominate the world.

This is what boko haram believe.

This is what your average Muslim believes.

They are waiting for the right opportunity to strike.

As long as there is Islam there can never be peace.

1 Like

Re: A Day To Commemorate Victims Of Boko Haram Insurgence by checkolatunji: 12:44am On Jan 23, 2016
APCLyingBastard:

Currently in the Muslim world , they believe that their time has come with the emergence of the Caliphate in Syria and Iraq and the refugee invasion of Europe.

The Muslims all believe that sooner or later their imam Mahdi (Antichrist ) will soon appear and lead the final jihad to dominate the world.

This is what boko haram believe.

This is what your average Muslim believes.

They are waiting for the right opportunity to strike.

As long as there is Islam there can never be peace.

Well, who am I to change what you believe but will just try to make some point here.

I will quote some quran verses but forgive I will not be able to tell you the chapter nd verses cos I am average I am Memorising them.

1. prophet peace be upon him, in some of his last sermon he said that ' he will be leaving the behind 2 things to his followers 1. Al-quran and 2. His words. One of is words is there is no more war and your jihad now is your heart, how you serve Allah and win soul for Allah.

2. In one of the quran chapter, when the unbelievers (idol worshippers) went to the prophet and they told him he should worship with the and they will worship with him( religion) prophet peace be upon him said ' yours is your and mine is mine, do your and let me do mine(meaning everyone should practice his/her faith without disturbing the other person (live and let's live)

3. The prophet peace be upon him still said ' count 20 houses to your right, left,front and back, they are all your neighbors. And he said be good to them( he didn't say to muslims alone)

3. There is none of the religion we have now both Christianity and Islam that is bad, it's just that we have too many bad people around.

4. People try to twist Quran and Bible just to suit their own evil deeds. Example in the bible God talks about Soddom and Gomora( forgive my spellings) but yet you still see white people abroad claiming to be christain but yet still do LGBT, didn't they read their bible? They did bt they try to twist it just to suit their believe

Again refer to my other point (2) Terrorist want to create an Islamic state in a country that is a circular state, how is that possible? Didn't they read that part from the quran? Again they did also buh they just want to do evil.

So bro just practice your faith and love your neighbor.

Thanks
Re: A Day To Commemorate Victims Of Boko Haram Insurgence by Nobody: 1:30am On Jan 23, 2016
Over 2 million innocent igbo civilians were massacred or starved to death during the civil war..

No day to mourn them; the perpetrators of the evil actions never brought to book. Now we talking 10s of thousands and they should be remembered...
Re: A Day To Commemorate Victims Of Boko Haram Insurgence by izken: 7:28am On Jan 24, 2016
OldJohn:
Over 2 million innocent igbo civilians were massacred or starved to death during the civil war..

No day to mourn them; the perpetrators of the evil actions never brought to book. Now we talking 10s of thousands and they should be remembered...
This is not about tribe. All tribes have been affected by this scourge. But why not, a day for victims of civil war can also be declared if some deems it necessary, you can push for it. It think it will be supported.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Want Me To Start A Quarrel With Buhari- Tinubu / Shocking VIDEO!!! Lady Put In A Pit For Eight Months By Boy Friend In Tanzania / President Buhari Motivated Most Mistakes & Poor Performance By GEJ Admin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.