Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,119 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

My Parents Are Driving Me Crazy! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents Are Driving Me Crazy! (28203 Views)

My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy / My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here / My brother is driving me nut - How Should I Handle This Family Issue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Parents Are Driving Me Crazy! by XieXie: 2:49pm On Jan 25, 2016
toaskid:

bro, I seriously won't mind being friends with u
your friendship is welcome.
Re: My Parents Are Driving Me Crazy! by XieXie: 2:53pm On Jan 25, 2016
Dragovich:
Thank you very much for this great reply. The funny thing is, my brothers and I are quite well behaved and have never given them any problems. That is why I regret not being troublesome, because most of my more outspokenfriends have parents who treat them with far more respect and independence because of their being quite rebellious. Isn't it ironic?
don't rebel pls. It's only a matter of time.
Just behave matured as you should, adopt the good advices you have gotten from this thread, be patient, work hard, pray and in no distant time things will begin to change.
You won't be with them forever.
Re: My Parents Are Driving Me Crazy! by doveda: 2:54pm On Jan 25, 2016
Dragovich:
Honestly, I never thought of my parents to be over-protective, until I spent a few days at a friend's house. It was then I realized that I've never been allowed to enjoy my teenage years and emancipate myself. I'm 20+ and in my final year in the University, but my parents (especially my dad), are extremely controlling. Apart from the constant phone calls, they still treat me like I'm a five year old. My dad hardly ever let's me drive, and even told me that he feels embarrassed if neighbors see me driving. The best I can do in this regard is to sometimes "steal" the car. Also, they are both obsessed with what other parents think about their parenting skills. Everytime we have visitors or we visit someone, he always tries to speak to me harshly as if trying to show off his strictness to other parents. I feel so disrespected and trapped. While other parents of my friends allow their kids drive, give them responsibilities, and a certain sense of freedom, I stuck with these helicopter parents that are always hovering over my life trying as much as possible to make me not to have any form of independence. I'm really beginning to hate them. Please what can I do abt this?

You gave got less than 5 to 7 years to stay in that house. Do not rebel. Do whatever you have been doing all this while to keep the peace however you can try to let them see reasons when you think they have been too strict with you. Speak quietly and let then understand how terrible they make you feel when they do what they do.

Once you get a job, you can start being firm with them. Don't wait till after marriage, lest they accusebypur wife of withcraftsad.
Re: My Parents Are Driving Me Crazy! by Panzerfaust(m): 4:03pm On Jan 25, 2016
Kayswat:
See this one oooo, your own matter still better now. I'm usually his hand bag to saloon every Sunday making me scrap all what's on my head and it will be as smooth as my laps
My graduate sister still had ten strokes of cane this evening cos she didn't pick his call and also didn't tell him she's gonna register her sim
Ehn??!
Re: My Parents Are Driving Me Crazy! by toaskid(m): 1:23am On Jan 26, 2016
XieXie:
your friendship is welcome.
I've followed u, kfb
Re: My Parents Are Driving Me Crazy! by XieXie: 7:58am On Jan 26, 2016
toaskid:
I've followed u, kfb
ok
Re: My Parents Are Driving Me Crazy! by Trottle: 8:42am On Jun 20, 2017
Kayswat:
See this one oooo, your own matter still better now. I'm usually his hand bag to saloon every Sunday making me scrap all what's on my head and it will be as smooth as my laps
My graduate sister still had ten strokes of cane this evening cos she didn't pick his call and also didn't tell him she's gonna register her sim

What sort of abuse is that!

Until you two stand up to them, and show them you can be responsible, he would keep treating you like kids.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Discovers On Wedding Night That Wife Is No Virgin / Did I Do The Right Thing In This Situation?? / "Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Successful Marriage" Is A Statement Of Stupidity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.