Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview (39142 Views)

Shell Job V`acancy / Shell Job Career Opportunities / Shell Job Vac (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Southsea: 2:29pm On Mar 06, 2010
Yes got an offer in December, resumed January. By now you should know averages don't work with Shell. So I might not be able to tell you how soon you may be called. Moreover there are successfu guys from my SRD batch that have not been called. I applied for a position in HR, so it's untrue that things are only happening with Finance and IT. Furthermore, the number of succesful candidates is just too much that even if 10 ppl were called it will appear as if no body has been called. However, be rest assured that everybody that was successful at the SRD will be called. it's just a question of when.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by tjcrown: 9:47pm On Mar 06, 2010
@southsea

thanks for your swift response. Now that you re in shell HR you shud able to give us reliable info as an insider person. You once said shell recruitment is an annual programme and it is only normal shell absorbed all outsatnding successful candidates before starting another process, hence all candidate will be called this year. As a staff that even work in HR, can u please confirm this assertion once again that everybody will be called this year. Lastly, can u mention what the annual package is? i also heard that they pay 5m on resumption is it true?
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Southsea: 8:54am On Mar 08, 2010
I never said I work in the HR unit, what I said was that I applied for a position in the HR team. I also did not say everybody will be called this year ( the SRD test is valid for 36 months). I'm not sure the graduate recruitment programme will run in Nigeria this year b'cos of the number of successful candidates waiting to enter. However, if the SITP prog runs this year that will be good news for commercial grads. cos it means it will reduce the number of succesful candidates waiting to be called, if not,
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by tjcrown: 9:20am On Mar 08, 2010
@southsea

I guess i misconstrued your message. Thats y i pasted one of your former post. All the same, thanks for your time and lets keep hopeful.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by ibkaa: 1:03pm On Mar 09, 2010
@ SouthSea, congratulations on your new job. However, you didn't have to give everyone the impression that you were still a hopeful when you had already started working with Shell. The joy of this post is when we can share our aspirations, fears and success stories and then provide the necessary support needed.

You got your offer letter in December and started work in January and didn't think of mentioning it to the house until March, of course, nobody would have taken your new job from you.

You were the only one to mention the shell informal interview, why didn't you tell the house that you had been invited for an informal interview, that you've been asked to pick up your offer letter? It one thing not to talk about your application status at all, which will be highly appreciated than giving bits and pieces of information indirectly when you know you had enough information to make others smile/cry.

I wish you all the best in your new job and if I remember clearly Honesty, Integrity and Respect are the core values of Shell, you'd need to work on that as you assume your new role with Shell.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by ibkaa: 1:25pm On Mar 09, 2010
@ Tj Crown, I'm new to contributing to nairaland beacuse I've had issues with accessing nairaland.

I can confirm South Sea's claim that some people have been invited for medicals and have joined shell. However, I don't have anymore information as to who or when Shell will invite people for medicals or send out offer letters.

Just keep praying and trusting God, By His Grace, you're next in line.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by tjcrown: 3:55pm On Mar 09, 2010
@iwuugwu

I m so amazed and dissapointed in the way some pple play pranks on innocent nigerians. If you are selling anythin, i guess this not the right thread for the advert. By posting here, it is evident that u re out to swindle pple. Why dont you leave this thread alone and do something meaningful with ur life rather than thinking of extortion. For the first time since 2 years i have joined this forum, you made me post an insultive message cos u not only amazed me, u annoyed me too.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Southsea: 10:05am On Mar 17, 2010
@ibkaa

Guess you have never been told that some pieces of information are released on a need to know basis. What impression did I give you or anyone? Thot you said you were new to Nairaland, how come you want to set the rules for a thresd that has been on for over 10months.

Do you know how many of the previous posters that have been called and have since stopped posting? (wey no send other people). Suppose you should go and learn one or two things about social networking before responding to my post or posting any other thing.

N.B the stuff about fears of other people taking my job is a product of low critical reasoning.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by ibkaa: 10:23am On Mar 17, 2010
Whatever Southsea. I didn't say I was new to nairaland, I said I'm new to contributing to the thread. I don't know what you're doing on this thread if you would be withholding information. All I'm saying is, it's better not to talk at all, than give bits and pieces of information that might be useful.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by lee007(m): 1:11pm On Mar 22, 2010
Hello Guys,

Good to be back cool

Honestly I thought this tread was dead until a fellow Shell Hopeful told me about it, I was successful the SRD and still waiting to be called.

I was told by friends that the process can be this long so am just concentrating on my present Job and focusing on improving my skills and all that,

for everyone waiting to be called, I know Jah has a plan for Us, our time will soon come,

One Love!
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by lee007(m): 8:51am On Mar 23, 2010
Hello!!!!!
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by teekays: 8:10am On Mar 25, 2010
I had problems logging on to Nairaland (forgot my password) anyways I was called earlier this month for my medicals and an offer was sent later this month. I will be resuming in May. Guess others will soon be called as soon as positions are identified

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by digerati(m): 9:07am On Mar 25, 2010
Big congratulations Teekays! I can imagine how you feel, the relief and the positive end to the long wait. It's encouraging that you also decided to inform the house. Great stuff. What postion did you apply for? Hope the package is fantastic, as in worth the wait.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by teekays: 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2010
Worth the wait esp since I am relocating which means extra renumeration. Applied for a position in finance/accounting.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by digerati(m): 5:35pm On Mar 25, 2010
Hmmm but you know the relocation is a one off payment and trust me it would wear off after a while. smiley Outside the relocation, hope the package is still encouraging?
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by teekays: 5:51pm On Mar 25, 2010
It's a decent package w/out the relocation thing. it's just that it makes it more attractive.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by saddik(m): 8:42pm On Mar 25, 2010
r u a typist, y go thru d wahala of typing d whole letter, u 4 kuku scan am. good luck cool
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by tjcrown: 10:24pm On Mar 27, 2010
@teekays,
congratulations. i wish u all the best in your new job and new location. if i may ask, which department specifically under finance were u posted to in shell? is it internal control, invoicing etc? ur response will be highly appreciated. i m also one of the hopefuls for finance and i will like to know from ur interactions with shell how soon the rest of us will be called for medicals. Once again, congrats. grin
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by teekays: 8:05am On Mar 29, 2010
Shell calls on a need basis, so I cannot tell how soon people will be called. It also depends on your SRD scores.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by pepperyboy: 12:32pm On Mar 29, 2010
my people am dusting the cobwebs off ma nairaland profile after seeing some interesting comments on this thread. well for technical guys i heard that there will be SITP in august but it wont be published on the dailies, it will be internal and those on the waiting list will be considered hopefully amongst others.

got this info from a friend currently running SITP. lets pray this is true
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Cheksa: 3:31pm On Mar 29, 2010
@pepperyboy, its being a while. well as per the technical i smell some activity soon. shell sent someone that sent a mail to those pple asking for "bayelsa, rivers and deltans with 2.2" that the person should goto www.shell.com/careers, well lets keep praying especially those SRD hopefuls since may 2009, if u have got any info pls throw more light on this issue. cheers
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by wumwum007(m): 6:01pm On Mar 29, 2010
@Cheksa $ Pepperyboy, its good to know that tere are some of us that still have hope in joining Shell. its been long but the dream is still very alive. I really dont know how but i know someday we will recount all these and laugh it off.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by tjcrown: 9:25pm On Mar 29, 2010
Yes o my brothers. lets keep hope alive. Anybody who dreams no more is as good as dead.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by EasyT: 10:21am On Mar 31, 2010
Ma people,Wumwum,pepperyboy,its gud to see u guys still keep up with the shell hope.We've got to keep it alive.I believe something will happen this year.
As regards the ongoing advert,it states that people who have attended shell tests/srd in the last 2yrs should not apply.I guess that affects hopefuls of last june.What do u guys think?
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by ojoyentalk: 2:34pm On Mar 31, 2010
congrats man!
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by tjcrown: 4:06pm On Mar 31, 2010
@easyT

is there any advert currently? If there is where can we find it? is it for SITP or for others. You mentioned something about 2 years, do u mean those on the waiting list would not be called or somethin? apparently they do not need to reapply again. I think that caveat affect only those who have attempted srd but did not succeed.
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by pepperyboy: 10:53pm On Mar 31, 2010
i tink this internship thing is still SITP. the current batch is finishing in july, so lets see if this recruitment process will be fast tracked. if it is then my assumption is on point. will call my SRD cordinator to see what the situation is?
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by pepperyboy: 11:06am On Apr 01, 2010
wumwum, cheksa, easyT, wat of our old shell hopeful thread? if someone can find it pls lets revive it so that we can link up wif our guys that are currently running SITP.

WUMWUM HOW ARE UR SISTERS?
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by Cheksa: 11:18am On Apr 01, 2010
@ pepperyboy the old shell hopeful thread is back. u can continue from there. anyway what was the response from your coordinator?
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by EasyT: 1:29pm On Apr 01, 2010
pboy,d old shell hopeful thread is still alive and kicking.I posted there yesterday just to wake it up.
tjcrown,there's been a lot of postings about an ongoing recruitment in Shell.If you do go to the careers page and try to apply,you will see the 2yrs caveat.I'm not just sure if it directly affects those on the SITP waiting list of last year.

Hopefully,pboy,wumwum & Cheksa can throw more light on it.Pboy,did u eventually call your coordinator?what's d latest?
Re: I Have Been Invited For Shell Job Interview by lee007(m): 4:30pm On Apr 01, 2010
My people, Has anyone heard anything from Shell on HR, has any HR candidate been called, Please spread the word!

Cheers cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Difference Between A Resume And A Cv. I Bet You Didn't Know! / How Did You Get Your First Remote Job? / Why A First Class Graduate Might Not Get A Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.