Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:10 AM

What's Your Opinion About Caling People BROTHER This And Sister That - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Opinion About Caling People BROTHER This And Sister That (363 Views)

Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion / Your Opinion: Do You Think King Pharoah Will Go To Hell? / A Christian Sister That Lead Me To Christ Committed An Abortion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Opinion About Caling People BROTHER This And Sister That by Divepen1(m): 1:40pm On Jan 23, 2016
I don't know oooo
but to me, it look as if using Brother and Sister something shows I respect you and I love you with the love of Christ and nothing more . God knows you. Who am I to want to know more.
But calling people's names means 'I have a good knowledge, though little,about you. I love you as a friend and as a sister or brother.
Brother and sister restricts. What dost thou say to this opinion.
Re: What's Your Opinion About Caling People BROTHER This And Sister That by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 23, 2016
Yea. The only place they call me sister is in church. I dont see anything wrong with it tho but i prefer being called by my name.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion About Caling People BROTHER This And Sister That by PoliticalThuG(m): 2:03pm On Jan 23, 2016
Rubbish
Re: What's Your Opinion About Caling People BROTHER This And Sister That by F22RAPTOR(m): 2:07pm On Jan 23, 2016
I think its pure nonsense. its hypocritical. i discovered that any time people want to scam you either in church or any where else, they first refer to you as brother or sister.

also, technically speaking, would we not be committing incest if we date and marry ourselves. i just call people by their names and append a mr or miss to the name to add a touch of respect that's all and prefer to be called same.

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Is The Key / 'if You Quarrel With Somebody, You Will Have Bad Bad Dreams In The Night' -A Kid / What Matters Most

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.