Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Falling Naira Value: What You Must Do Now Or Regret It Later - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Falling Naira Value: What You Must Do Now Or Regret It Later (1054 Views)

CBN Sells Another $250m To Prop Up Naira Value / NAIRA: Appropriate Value Or Stronger Value. What Should Be Our Choice? / Falling Naira… Complain Or Invest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Falling Naira Value: What You Must Do Now Or Regret It Later by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 23, 2016
I’ve just read an article entitled SAVING YOUR NAIRA which gives an idea on how to save your Naira in the face of the depreciating value of the embattled currency. The article talks of using Paypal to save your money so that as the value of the Naira keeps falling, it will not affect the value of your personal finances. It’s a great idea which is a restatement of the old practice of saving the Naira in physical dollar bills.

That article has ignited even a new (which I consider better) idea on saving the Naira ahead of the impending challenging times. I have already made this point in brief in my comment to the article. But I realize the inspiration I have drawn from that post deserves to be more than just a comment to enable me give more details and avail more people of the opportunity of seeing it. As I wrote there, the article has a point that will be relevant to you only if you have a financial reserve you are not likely to need for local expenditure for a long time (until whenever the Naira value is finally salvaged. And who knows when it will be?). Now, how many people can boast of such reserve? I have instead come up with an idea that will apply to everyone. This is what I make available below:

Someone said that money is never good idle. In line with this, I think, instead of just saving your Naira and leaving it idle, why not seek a way to invest in something that will be generating regular money in dollar terms soon? I mean, you could take the Naira you have now and invest it in any business that will soon be generating dollars for you so that, even if the Naira falls to the point of exchanging N2000 per dollar it will never affect you? An example might be what Oluwaseun Osewa - the owner of this forum - has done by creating this forum. All Nigerians who have a means of generating a good enough amount of Adsense dollars, for example, through the ownership of highly trafficked websites - a forum, a blog, anything - can never be affected by the depreciation of the Naira. Instead, as things seem to grow worse, they will become the new wealthy class in the economy. Think about it.

Now, you might be thinking ” I don’t have enough money to set up a forum and begin to pay for SEO and all that” but that is exactly what I don’t mean. If you put your feet down, you can always find an investment you can afford. And it is not always the case that the higher amount you invest, the higher the yield. Instead, you could invest less and earn more. All you need is to pray and watch to get something meaningful rolling with what you have. Let me just give you a couple of examples to help you appreciate this point:

a. WRITE AN E-BOOK AND SELL ON AMAZON
: many people on this forum are doing this and they are making it big. All you needed to have an e-book on Amazon is to have a solution to any human problem (and there is no one who doesn’t). Then go to Google and look for ‘how to create an e-book’. You will find so many options. Once you decide on an option, use it to create your e-book and enter the solution you have as its content. No special rules. Just enter the solution as you would help anyone who has the problem. Then, sign up at amazon.com. Once you upload your e-book, you can begin to promote a link to it to target audiences on social media and any other means. Before you know it, people are buying. There are so many of us on earth. And if you truly prove to a number of us you can solve our teething problems, then, we shall have no option but to patronize you. NOTE: the little money you invest in creating the e-book (for buying data for example) is an investment, and it could be generating thousands of dollars (or millions of Naira in months)

b. RECOMMEND NATURE’S WAY’S SUPPLEMENTS IN NIGERIA: This is a very rare and fresh opportunity many Nigerian’s are already reaping hugely from (including the Chelsea FC/Super Eagle’s player Kenneth Omeruo): Becoming a member of the direct sales network of the American food supplements giant Nature’s Way Inc and be recommending their supplements. You can hook up to this opportunity in Nigeria through a campaign called the Zero Sickness Nigeria Campaign (www.zerosickness.com.ng). You can search for the keyword “Zero sickness Nigeria” to get more details on this and be able to check things out yourself. You do business with foreign country reps here in Nigeria. You are paid the Naira equivalent of what other members of the network are paid. You don’t need to learn anything complex to start and you can start making millions of Naira in few months. Their supplements already have global fame for being effective. So, although no way of making money is easy, it is relatively very easy to be successful with something that already has a name. One thing I like about this opportunity is that it offers you so many values beyond just making money – such as the opportunity of meeting great people, of travelling overseas at no cost to you and of living a healthy helpful life. if you needed a comprehensive video on this, I can send it to you.

c. MORE: These are only examples - one online and the other offline. You can pray and think up something even greater, but always focusing on earning at the international rates rather than at the unstable local rates. There are more ways such as earning Adsense through blogging (examples are Blogger and WordPress which are totally free), posting video on Youtube and earning Adsense dollars from that and many more. Just begin with what you have and try to START EARNING IN DOLLARS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE all because time waits for nobody.

CONCLUSION
One thing you must know is that no farmer can become truly rich who is afraid of sowing his seeds into the soil. Sowing the seeds is always like throwing them away. But it is always after seeming to throw them away that they bear more fruit. But the farmer has to calculate well to ensure the soil he is ‘throwing the seeds away’ into is fertile enough to yield fruits for him. What am I saying? You can get rich only to the extent you are willing to make intelligent investment. If you are afraid of investing in your future, be sure that that future will meet you where you are or even worse. Go and study the life history of all poor people and you will see that they all are poor out of being afraid to invest - not necessarily out of being lazy because there are countless hardworking poor people. You can never make the kind of money you desire by scratching out a few thousand naira from crash opportunities coming up here and there. Instead, you needed to put down your feet and come up with a stable, assured and even passive means of making considerable amount of money at regular intervals. My point? Get up now and start investing in something you stand to earn hugely, stably and in dollar in few months to come in order to save your personal finances and our economy from impending collapse.

5 Likes

Re: Falling Naira Value: What You Must Do Now Or Regret It Later by Clakyvip: 4:26pm On Jan 23, 2016
Nice one.

(1) (Reply)

The Naira Dance, Budget Of Yams And The Economy – Lordadam / Make Huge Income From The Distribution Of These Beauty Products / My Business Registration Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.