Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,689 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

My First V6 ....pure Joy - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My First V6 ....pure Joy (5520 Views)

What Are Differences Between The 6-cylinder Engine And The V6 Engine? / 2017 Jaguar Xf Premium: A Joy To Behold / Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First V6 ....pure Joy by ForFun: 4:09pm On Jan 23, 2016
i got my first v6 about 3 weeks ago...

Wow shocked shocked shocked

brb will update by nite.

I will never ever driver 4 cylinders again

4 Likes

Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 23, 2016
ForFun:

brb will update by nite.
Enjoy my friend. Enjoy the power of 6 horses.

3 Likes

Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:43pm On Jan 23, 2016
ForFun:

brb will update by nite.

you will be back

19 Likes

Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by femi9naija(m): 6:43pm On Jan 23, 2016
Waiting for your update. I love to get a toyota solara but I'm scared of v6 and it's massive fuel consumption
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by billy187(m): 8:10pm On Jan 23, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

you will be back

Yep, considering how V6s are being phased out in favor of turbocharged 4 bangers.

2 Likes

Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by oblo(m): 8:20pm On Jan 23, 2016
femi9naija:
Waiting for your update. I love to get a toyota solara but I'm scared of v6 and it's massive fuel consumption

If you have not driven a solara how do u know its a fuel guzzler? Of course its more a fuel user than an i4 engine but of cuz I enjoy the power and you have to cut one to get another...rite!?? smiley

I have a 2008 solara up for sale and decided to have a spin with it from enugu to abeokuta ogun state.. I filled the tank befor I departed enugu.

I toped and filled up again at Awka with 11 litres

When i got to the Benin bypass I filled up again and 17 litres it was.

I drove non stop till I got to Ore. And then on to shagamu. I filled up again and 31 litres and some jara litres I got. Drove to Abeokuta and mere 4 litres + filled again.

Total amount of fuel in litres 63 or lets say 64litres cuz of the jara[center][/center] grin grin

Total amount spent 64 ltrs x86.50 = 5,536.00

Distance covered: Enugu to Abeokuta : approx 560 km.

Points to note. Ac used 75 percent all through.

Had an extra adult and 2year+ kid for the ride along with about 8kg total amount of luggage. The luggage kg go increase small when I stop for benin come buy fresh palm.oil and queens pineapple..(if you be regular traveller on that route you would understand) wink wink cheesy

This trip was just two days ago...21/1/2016

Ohhh..yea.. I enjoyed the trip! grin

6 Likes

Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by ForFun: 8:30pm On Jan 23, 2016
Forgive My Typos

A little Background
I live in Abuja and the roads are good. The road network is also good. not much traffic during when i leave home in the morning (6:30) and when i return at night (8 or 9pm).

i have always been a 4 cylinder guy majorly because i felt i don't have enough maintenance money to take on anything more than 4 cylinders. i started driving in 1999, got my first car in 2010, a Toyota corolla D shape (former bank Corolla) truth be told that corolla never stopped for once on the road while i used it and it even has an engine problem then, shorting oil, so i had to top up the oil periodically. AC was Ice cold. then the Kubwa Expressway had not been expanded so i usually enter jungle to get home (those that know that road will understand) through all these, Toyota never disappointed me.

I needed something more trendy so i went for Honda Accord 2004 Ex 4 cylinder, Deep Green on cream Fabric. slightly shaded windows, i was in love as the interior is a far distant ahead of the toyota, the babes were smiling at me i was happy. i traveled a lot between Kaduna, Abuja and Minna, at a point i had to change the compressor of the AC, and also fix the fuel pump (the one located under the back seat). At this point i have to chip in that i don't suffer my cars, i service when due or before, i change small stuff quickly, as i learnt in Accord, if you don't fix little issues it becomes bigger affecting other components.

I am a semi - petrol head (if there is anything like that ), or a car enthusiast, I love cars and i have always dreamt of the day i will own my own German ride. but money never show lol. I moved from the Accord 04 to Accord EXL 2012 4 cylinder, i bought it at 42k true miles, black on black. all i can say to this ride is WOW!, i can now push my top speed to 200 kph, and my cruising speed now moved from 130 to 160 when travelling, the car was as sound as it gets, 0-100 kph in about 8 secs, roomy interior, deep sound from the sound, rattling awesome sound @ 5+ Rpm, i thought i have finally found my soul mate...

The came along my second child...family got bigger somehow we needed another car. so i decided to sell it off add money and get 2 cars , one for me , one for my babe and the kids.

I specifically told my mechanic that i want a v6, he tried to dissuade me like he did the past 2 Honda Accords, this time i refused! No Enough is enough, no be mad man dey use v6 na, i must taste am too. We searched and searched, i didn't see one clean enough, we combed jij, olx, Nairaland. then one evening he called that someone one wanted to sell one ....Brb Dinner

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by ForFun: 8:31pm On Jan 23, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

you will be back

Boss Boss

Sorry to Disappoint you, i wont be back

6 Likes

Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by ForFun: 8:32pm On Jan 23, 2016
femi9naija:

Just make sure the particular car is sound and not "Aloku"

1 Like

Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by king406(m): 8:40pm On Jan 23, 2016
Welcome to the club. But I hope u know u are a little too late. Four cylinder turbos are now replacing v6 engines. Enjoy it while it lasts.

1 Like

Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by ForFun: 8:56pm On Jan 23, 2016
king406:
Welcome to the club. But I hope u know u are a little too late. Four cylinder turbos are now replacing v6 engines. Enjoy it while it lasts.

True, but some of us dont have the funds yet for a 2014 or 15 4 cylinder super charged, so we make do with the V6 alternative for now

1 Like

Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by ForFun: 9:14pm On Jan 23, 2016
I got into my Mechanic car and off we went to check the ride......

Enter 2007 Honda Accord V6 W/Navigation.

My mechanic checked the engine, go into the car for a test drive, i opened the door and peeped into the car....based on what i saw i told him "I want this car!!!"

it was a naija used DC as clean as it gets, infact the owner didn't drive it much and the only reason he wanted to sell was because there was no space in his car lot again for cars, so he had to sell of the least. it had been packed for a while as the tires were not to good again. about 10% limo tint, 17 inches Rim...we argued about the price for 2 days then eventually settled.

Oh my, oh my...for you to appreciate what i am talking about, i am someone that likes speed when i need it, not a reckless driver but need power available exactly when i need i , overtaking, accelerating from zero etc, it was not really about top speed but what happens in between.

took the car to get 2 tires, removed the 2 worst tyres, did some checks here and there, and its time to tke this baby for a spin.

I lost my virginity that day to this car! WTH! this car moved effortlessly from 0-100 - 160. it was as if i was seating on a keg of gunpowder that can explode at will. i was like what have i gotten my self into, the car tires were wobbling at a point so i back down, will have to go for balancing and alignment. the fuel consumption is just a tad above the 012 i sold of, funny thing is the tank seems smaller than the other 2 accords i have used. I dont and will never regret buying this car.

244 Raw Horse Power, I raced an E Class 06 (didn't check the specific badge) yesterday and at a point i had to back-down because i knew the dude was getting embarrassed and he might throw caution to the wind and cause an accident, we were neck to neck with him a bit in front, just a bit.

I am so so so impressed, in love and sold out to this performance level.

Now to those talking about super charged and the rest, I don't have problem with them, the issue is we have been told a lie for a long time about this type of cars, including the super charged 4 cylinders, our Kasheem association will always discourage us from buying these rides, but henceforth, as far as the car in question is not faulty, i am not buying an [b]Ordinary [/b]4 cylinder again, laiye laiye.

V8 Dreams coming through grin grin

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by king406(m): 9:19pm On Jan 23, 2016
ForFun:

True, but some of us dont have the funds yet for a 2014 or 15 4 cylinder super charged, so we make do with the V6 alternative for now
that's why I said enjoy it while it lasts. I'm driving a Mercedes v6 too and I plan to upgrade to a W212 V8 within this year. I don't favour 4 pots too.

1 Like

Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by ForFun: 9:23pm On Jan 23, 2016
NFS

1 Like

Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by Nobody: 12:15am On Jan 24, 2016
ForFun:

ForFun:

ForFun:

ForFun:
Enter 2007 Honda Accord V6 W/Navigation.

My mechanic checked the engine, go into the car for a test drive, i opened the door and peeped into the car....based on what i saw i told him "I want this car!!!"
it was a naija used DC as clean as it gets, infact the owner didn't drive it much and the only reason he wanted to sell was because there was no space in his car lot again for cars, so he had to sell of the least. it had been packed for a while as the tires were not to good again. about 10% limo tint, 17 inches Rim...we argued about the price for 2 days then eventually settled.
Oh my, oh my...for you to appreciate what i am talking about, i am someone that likes speed when i need it, not a reckless driver but need power available exactly when i need i , overtaking, accelerating from zero etc, it was not really about top speed but what happens in between.
took the car to get 2 tires, removed the 2 worst tyres, did some checks here and there, and its time to tke this baby for a spin.
I lost my virginity that day to this car! WTH! this car moved effortlessly from 0-100 - 160. it was as if i was seating on a keg of gunpowder that can explode at will. i was like what have i gotten my self into, the car tires were wobbling at a point so i back down, will have to go for balancing and alignment. the fuel consumption is just a tad above the 012 i sold of, funny thing is the tank seems smaller than the other 2 accords i have used. I dont and will never regret buying this car.
244 Raw Horse Power, I raced an E Class 06 (didn't check the specific badge) yesterday and at a point i had to back-down because i knew the dude was getting embarrassed and he might throw caution to the wind and cause an accident, we were neck to neck with him a bit in front, just a bit.
Now to those talking about super charged and the rest, I don't have problem with them, the issue is we have been told a lie for a long time about this type of cars, including the super charged 4 cylinders, our Kasheem association will always discourage us from buying these rides, but henceforth, as far as the car in question is not faulty, i am not buying an Ordinary [/b]4 cylinder again, laiye laiye.
ForFun:
[b]Enter 2007 Honda Accord V6 W/Navigation.

Now to those talking about super charged and the rest, I don't have problem with them, the issue is we have been told a lie for a long time about this type of cars, including the super charged 4 cylinders, our Kasheem association will always discourage us from buying these rides, but henceforth, as far as the car in question is not faulty, i am not buying an [b]Ordinary [/b]4 cylinder again, laiye laiye.

Strangely, I was expecting to read that you got Honda DC V6! I do have similar car....its impressively fast, great pickup, good handling and relatively balanced! But it's brakes should have been more powerful....its turning radius is not impressive...watch out for Some little electrical issues esp power windows!....overall...the car impresses me each time I'm behind the steering wheels....Honda 2007 The best and one of the most reliable in the Accord Generation

1 Like

Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by Originalsly: 3:15am On Jan 24, 2016
Hmmm....happy for you but bro....just got a car that was parked a while and racing it? Good luck.
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by jostunde(m): 6:49am On Jan 24, 2016
After my 1st car CRV, v vowed I will never drive 4plugs again, 4plugs are like toy. V used eod 2004 v6 3.0, odyssey v6 3.5, Acura TL 1999 model v6 3.2 for my madam, Acura TL S type 2004 v6 3.2 for myself, sold the eod, odyssey and Acura TL 1999 model and bought another eod 2004 v6 for my madam, even my madam no wan drive 4plugs again. My Acura TL S TYPE doesn't consume fuel, I used almost 2k fuel from Lagos to ibadan with full AC and with traffic inside Lagos and inside ibadan. Any time I'm going to VGC lekki, I do use N1500 fuel to and fro with AC and evening traffic. My brother V6 is so sweet to drive, I'm planning upgrading to V8 this year.

1 Like

Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by ogawisdom(m): 7:20am On Jan 24, 2016
Una dey try sha, some of us still choose economy over power after all other things being equal we shall all get to our destination tongue

Hopefully one day we d 4 cylinder crew will get to choose power over economy n feel wat u feel in ur v6,v8,v12 etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by carblognaija: 8:04am On Jan 24, 2016
Congrats Bro.

Choosing between 4 cylinder and v6 or v8 is just a choice to be made carefully especially if you have been driving 4 cylinder. I will say that driving a 4 cylinder engine is choosing economy over power and driving a v6 or v8 is choosing power over economy. It simply means that driving a v6 or v8 will set your pocket back a little bit but you'll get that wonderful driving experience that it offers.
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by ForFun: 9:01am On Jan 24, 2016
Originalsly:
Hmmm....happy for you but bro....just got a car that was parked a while and racing it? Good luck.

Nop. Workshop first
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by ForFun: 12:48pm On Jan 24, 2016
marshall4:

Strangely, I was expecting to read that you got Honda DC V6! I do have similar car....its impressively fast, great pickup, good handling and relatively balanced! But it's brakes should have been more powerful....its turning radius is not impressive...watch out for Some little electrical issues esp power windows!....overall...the car impresses me each time I'm behind the steering wheels....Honda 2007 The best and one of the most reliable in the Accord Generation
well said
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by nurey(m): 3:41pm On Jan 24, 2016
hehe all I need is a turbo charged Kia optima or hyundai sonata, the 2.0T will embarrass your V6 EOD or DC and make a mess of the situation, it's a 4 banger with 270hp to deal with competition.

I have driven the 2006 DC 4 cylinder, an impressive performer and better than the 07-12 4cylinder camry.

Am not really a fan of saloon cars anymore and I don't care about acceleration but speed. I am a fan of good design and I love intimidating rides (04-12 Infiniti Qx56, ford expedition/lincoln navigator/escalade).

My dream V6 now is a 3.5L V6 powered Nissan maxima or Altima with manual gear, double exhaust, once it's manual, I don't care what engine you packing (excluding the lambos and ferrari) even if nah ford mustang or chevy camaro, I will give you race + chase you will never forget soon.

#Team-no-risk-no-reward#

2 Likes

Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:51pm On Jan 24, 2016
nurey:
hehe all I need is a turbo charged Kia optima or hyundai sonata, the 2.0T will embarrass your V6 EOD or DC and make a mess of the situation, it's a 4 banger with 270hp to deal with competition.

I have driven the 2006 DC 4 cylinder, an impressive performer and better than the 07-12 4cylinder camry.

Am not really a fan of saloon cars anymore and I don't care about acceleration but speed. I am a fan of good design and I love intimidating rides (04-12 Infiniti Qx56, ford expedition/lincoln navigator/escalade).

My dream V6 now is a 3.5L V6 powered Nissan maxima or Altima with manual gear, double exhaust, once it's manual, I don't care what engine you packing (excluding the lambos and ferrari) even if nah ford mustang or chevy camaro, I will give you race + chase you will never forget soon.

#Team-no-risk-no-reward#

nah so ford transit 1989 bust your nissan primera engine. grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by nurey(m): 3:55pm On Jan 24, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

nah so ford transit 1989 bust your nissan primera engine. grin

Oga gazzuzz you don follow me reach here again, I am awaiting the rest to come and bust My balls too. You know me, no time for play play I don't care what car or make, I look at the variables and use it to my advantage. more bangers doesn't necessarily mean faster.
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by king406(m): 7:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
nurey:

#Team-no-risk-no-reward#
Nurey I have an issue with this post o. angry
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by princezino(m): 7:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
OP...ur words of joy at ur new baby is engaging. I truly dig ur excitement. However..wait for the day you sit behind the wheels of a Lexus GS 350...RWD.. With an open expressway. When the 303 horses kick ur behind..u will re-loose ur virginity..with a smile.:p

5 Likes

Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by baaliyah(m): 7:40pm On Jan 24, 2016
You have good roads and distance to use your V6. I relocated to Akure September 2014, the total distance I have covered is 5421 miles, in 16 months. v6 or 8 are not just useful in most states in Nigeria.
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by nurey(m): 8:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
king406:
Nurey I have an issue with this post o. angry

I am all ears king, what is the issue
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by king406(m): 9:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
nurey:

#Team-no-risk-no-reward#
Nurey how can DC be better than a camry muscles?? I seriously disagree with this based on personal experience and also the performance figures I've seen on the net. Proof? U can count 10 camry muscles in 10mins and 5 honda DC's in the same time. This is my issue.

Lol u fit pass mustang with that maxima o! Mustang is a car people think is fast but it isn't, not the most recent mustang's though.

2.0T sonata and optima will not only demolish an e.o.d but also the '15 camry nd accord. Not to mention the kia cadenza shocked or the hyundai Genesis shocked shocked
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by ForFun: 9:27pm On Jan 24, 2016
princezino:
OP...ur words of joy at ur new baby is engaging. I truly dig ur excitement. However..wait for the day you sit behind the wheels of a Lexus GS 350...RWD.. With an open expressway. When the 303 horses kick ur behind..u will re-loose ur virginity..with a smile.:p
waiting eagerly!
Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by ForFun: 9:34pm On Jan 24, 2016
king406:
Nurey how can DC be better than a camry muscles?? I seriously disagree with this based on personal experience and also the performance figures I've seen on the net. Proof? U can count 10 camry muscles in 10mins and 5 honda DC's in the same time. This is my issue.

Lol u fit pass mustang with that maxima o! Mustang is a car people think is fast but it isn't, not the most recent mustang's though.

2.0T sonata and optima will not only demolish an e.o.d but also the '15 camry nd accord. Not to mention the kia cadenza shocked or the hyundai Genesis shocked shocked

DC v6 VS 4 cylinder Camry is what he said. I have personally chased a 4 cylinder 010 Camry with a 4 cylinder 012 Accord @ 190 Camry still dey my front oo. Abuja to Kaduna 7.00 am ish

I dey Laff...one of my dreams is to start a drag race Lane/Circuit in Abuja. ....still working on how best to cheaply certify cars fit for race.

All this mouth everywhere, we go soon see.

1 Like

Re: My First V6 ....pure Joy by king406(m): 9:49pm On Jan 24, 2016
ForFun:

DC v6 VS 4 cylinder Camry is what he said. I have personally chased a 4 cylinder 010 Camry with a 4 cylinder 012 Accord @ 190 Camry still dey my front oo. Abuja to Kaduna 7.00 am ish

I dey Laff...one of my dreams is to start a drag race Lane/Circuit in Abuja. ....still working on how best to cheaply certify cars fit for race.

All this mouth everywhere, we go soon see.
but a v6 DC is no match for a v6 muscles. Same goes for the i4 of both vehicles.

The thing is u don't just meet a person on the road and start racing him, i don't think that proves that ur car is faster even if u pass him. Why not plan a race with a certain person, that way both of u know u are racing to see whose car is the better machine.

I once met a man on the road in a 2012 E350 with my W203 sport, he was cruising around 160 kmh and I decided to drag with him, so I overtook him at 170kmh and he followed me up to 190kmh, by the time we hit 200kmh I left him behind, I got carried away until I noticed my digital speedo at 211kmh. My point is, this doesn't prove my car to be faster, there's no way, his car is not even on the same planet as mine. He might have just thought the speed was too much and he decided to stop following me, or he got scared, his car might not even be in the best of shape, maybe a bad tyre, or an engine defect, common spark plugs can restrict his cars performance, u wont know all these if u just meet a person on the road and start racing him. but the thing is there's just no way on earth a factory stock W203 can be faster than a W212 in best of shape. We seriously need a race track somewhere in Nigeria.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

P1155 - Pls Help With This Error Code On My Rx 300. / Engine Oil For Servicing Toyota Matrix / Thread For Honda Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.