Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Differences Between Soul, Spirit And Body? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Differences Between Soul, Spirit And Body? (878 Views)

How Do We Differentiate Between Discerning Spirit And Selective Gospel? / The Trichotomy Of Man: Spirit Soul And Body / The Journey Of Soul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Differences Between Soul, Spirit And Body? by vybzkartel: 11:53pm On Jan 23, 2016
I need a clear distinction.
Please help
Re: Differences Between Soul, Spirit And Body? by johnw74: 1:45am On Jan 24, 2016
vybzkartel:
I need a clear distinction.
Please help

Spirit is life from God

Soul is you, who you are, your personality and character etc

^^^
simply, Soul is spirit plus body, you.

Body houses your Spirit and Soul
Re: Differences Between Soul, Spirit And Body? by ril19(m): 2:24am On Jan 24, 2016
Spirit Is An Invisible Form Of Life.

Soul Is The Person, Individual That Has A Physical Body. Me Who Is Typing This Is A Soul. You Who Is Reading It Is A Soul Also. EZekiel 18:4. Ecclesiastics 3:18,19.

The Body Is The Body Naa. The Physical Body Made By God From Dust. cheesy
Re: Differences Between Soul, Spirit And Body? by johnw74: 6:52am On Jan 24, 2016
ril19:
Spirit Is An Invisible Form Of Life.

Soul Is The Person, Individual That Has A Physical Body. Me Who Is Typing This Is A Soul. You Who Is Reading It Is A Soul Also. EZekiel 18:4. Ecclesiastics 3:18,19.

The Body Is The Body Naa. The Physical Body Made By God From Dust. cheesy

Yes you seem to be right, I will edit my post or do another when time.
Re: Differences Between Soul, Spirit And Body? by vybzkartel: 9:08am On Jan 24, 2016
Thanks all
Re: Differences Between Soul, Spirit And Body? by johnw74: 4:44am On Jan 25, 2016
^^^ thumbs up

The spirit in man is the breath of life from God
the human soul is the spirit plus the body (a breathing creature)
the body of man is flesh and blood housing his spirit

Old testament for spirit is
"ruach" - breath, mind

New testament for spirit is
"pneuma" - breath, mind

Old Testament for soul is
"nephesh" - a breathing creature

New Testament for soul is
"psuche" - breath, spirit, of animal

creature and animal meaning flesh, includes man

As you see spirit and soul are similar, perhaps only God knows the diffrence:

Heb_4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

ril19 can you add anything more?

(1) (Reply)

See Pastor Whose Feet Must Not Touch The Ground While Preaching (photos) / How Rev. Fr. John Adeyi Was Foud Dead After Abductors Collected N2M Ransom / This Pastor Told His Church Members Not To Borrow Others Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.