Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Automotive Business - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Automotive Business (978 Views)

Production Of Castrol Automotive Engine Oil Commences In Nigeria / Mercedes-benz Is Rated The Most Valuable European Premium Automotive Brand / Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Automotive Business by Nobody: 2:01am On Jan 24, 2016
What's a good automotive business to get into in Nigeria? What are you guys yearning for in particular?

Thanks.
Re: Automotive Business by Tobiizzy(m): 8:43am On Jan 24, 2016
Parts sale, authentic spare parts.

1 Like

Re: Automotive Business by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 24, 2016
Thanks for the feedback.
Re: Automotive Business by kolnel: 11:30am On Jan 24, 2016
Efficient and reliable auto mechanic shop
Sales of original oem parts

1 Like

Re: Automotive Business by rockiedink(m): 12:00pm On Jan 24, 2016
Egunmogaji, you wan start your own shop ni?

Personally, I'd like to see authentic bodyshops where I can take my ride and get dream body layouts...flames, stripes, graffiti...

Then also, I'd like to see a growth of performance outlets; whose focus is tuning your engine to eke every single bit of bhp and torque out of the engine...like we have in Europe.

And finally, a growth of kit car providers...

Ah...bliss!!!

1 Like

Re: Automotive Business by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 24, 2016
Thanks for the feedbacks, keep it coming.

Much appreciated.
Re: Automotive Business by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 24, 2016
Egun, the sky is the limit, depending on the level of automotive service you're looking to offer. There are massive gaps in the Nigerian Automotive Sector that are just waiting to be plugged.

Some time back, I was considering setting up an automotive Service & Performance Autocentre, that would cater for both OEM, and aftermarket accessories and bespoke work, as well as the regular service and repairs.

The only issues I could see was the logistics, as well as going into such a venture alone.

I would suggest you determine the level of service you intend to offer, look at the competition, and research who your target clients are likely to be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Automotive Business by sultaan(m): 3:10pm On Jan 24, 2016
Logistics is the magic word.

I can plan for the cost of purchasing oem parts and shipping but once thing get to the ports Nigeria happens.
I was willing to start with some loss but not lose everything as things will likely turn out.

So I was informed its better I find buyers negotiate price and find a way to ship it in below cost.

Now try finding buyers in the 419 riddled place. A couple of stories will discourage many.

still hoping though will try again this year.

Imagine being able to ship and install tires in a tire and break shop (not used) Those are the most frequent service needed when combine with a lube job

1 Like

Re: Automotive Business by rockiedink(m): 6:03pm On Jan 24, 2016
sultaan:
Logistics is the magic word.

I can plan for the cost of purchasing oem parts and shipping but once thing get to the ports Nigeria happens.
I was willing to start with some loss but not lose everything as things will likely turn out.

So I was informed its better I find buyers negotiate price and find a way to ship it in below cost.

Now try finding buyers in the 419 riddled place. A couple of stories will discourage many.

still hoping though will try again this year.

Imagine being able to ship and install tires in a tire and break shop (not used) Those are the most frequent service needed when combine with a lube job

That just sounds so wrong...in sooo many ways... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Automotive Business by LeJeun3: 7:59pm On Jan 24, 2016
rockiedink:
Egunmogaji, you wan start your own shop ni?

Personally, I'd like to see authentic bodyshops where I can take my ride and get dream body layouts...flames, stripes, graffiti...

Then also, I'd like to see a growth of performance outlets; whose focus is tuning your engine to eke every single bit of bhp and torque out of the engine...like we have in Europe.

And finally, a growth of kit car providers...

Ah...bliss!!!

once I get my act completely together this my next approach.....

Jay Leno of Nigeria!
Re: Automotive Business by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
Siena:
Egun, the sky is the limit, depending on the level of automotive service you're looking to offer. There are massive gaps in the Nigerian Automotive Sector that are just waiting to be plugged.

Some time back, I was considering setting up an automotive Service & Performance Autocentre, that would cater for both OEM, and aftermarket accessories and bespoke work, as well as the regular service and repairs.

The only issues I could see was the logistics, as well as going into such a venture alone.

I would suggest you determine the level of service you intend to offer, look at the competition, and research who your target clients are likely to be.

Thanks Brother.
Re: Automotive Business by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
Thanks for everyone sharing info, I truly appreciate it.
Re: Automotive Business by cardoctor(m): 8:21pm On Jan 24, 2016
Large land space available for auto care business. Anyone interested in the investment partnership and setting up of a top class auto centre in Abuja should contact me on my signature below.

Car-doctor.
Re: Automotive Business by rockiedink(m): 8:30pm On Jan 24, 2016
LeJeun3:

once I get my act completely together this my next approach.....

Jay Leno of Nigeria!

I have my eyes on you....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Automotive Business by sultaan(m): 8:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
rockiedink:

That just sounds so wrong...in sooo many ways... grin grin grin

Not everyone is as experienced are you with these terms it a term that simply means lubrication services like oil change transmission service, greasing joints and bearing.

There is money in sales no question about that but the profit margin is greatly reduced by the sharp practices at the ports in such a way that genuine parts cannot compete with the fakes on the market. it makes no sense when your profit is a small fraction of paid duty and bribes.

Start ups require owner to be onsite and oversee progress make adjustments as needed proxies tend to run things down so the only option for some of us is to be vendors.
Re: Automotive Business by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
A different tangent.

What product or service can be performed in Nigeria without importing?

I am listening to Strive Masiyiwa @ https://www.facebook.com/Strive-Masiyiwa-496453373762496/ and his directions to shy away from importing.
Re: Automotive Business by sultaan(m): 9:51pm On Jan 24, 2016
EgunMogaji:
A different tangent.

What product or service can be performed in Nigeria without importing?

I am listening to Strive Masiyiwa @ https://www.facebook.com/Strive-Masiyiwa-496453373762496/ and his directions to shy away from importing.

Thinking transmission ; Differential and CV rebuild

Engine rebuild

But you still have to import components.
Re: Automotive Business by Nobody: 3:08am On Jan 25, 2016
sultaan:

Thinking transmission ; Differential and CV rebuild

Engine rebuild

But you still have to import components.

Yeah that "i" word keeps creeping back in.

What about tools? Is there a need for professional level hand tools?
Re: Automotive Business by sultaan(m): 4:46am On Jan 25, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Yeah that "i" word keeps creeping back in.

What about tools? Is there a need for professional level hand tools?

Everyone 'I' Nigeria just made it into a crime those trade treaties by developed countries help manufacturing In Nigeria they think they are protecting something that does not exist normally you can try to get the duty break given to manufacturers if you import and assemble things like those guys at Jasper transmission
Re: Automotive Business by rockiedink(m): 6:16am On Jan 25, 2016
sultaan:

Not everyone is as experienced are you with these terms it a term that simply means lubrication services like oil change transmission service, greasing joints and bearing.

There is money in sales no question about that but the profit margin is greatly reduced by the sharp practices at the ports in such a way that genuine parts cannot compete with the fakes on the market. it makes no sense when your profit is a small fraction of paid duty and bribes.

Start ups require owner to be onsite and oversee progress make adjustments as needed proxies tend to run things down so the only option for some of us is to be vendors.

Bros, I know what a lube job is...

But in certain circumstances it can also mean something else...for example if you go to the sexuality section and mention that, it takes on a whole new meaning.

When I said that, it was tongue in cheek and yes...pun intended!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Need Advise On A Lexus Rx400h With Hybrid Tech / Toyota Hilux “invincible 50” Celebrates 50 Years Of Success / Watch This Rocket-Powered Car,The Bloodhound SSC Go From 0–200 mph In 8 sec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.