Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,215 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) (20785 Views)

Senate Probes Buhari, Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan Over N4tr Customs Revenue / Senate Probes NNPC Unbundling, Says Buhari’s Action Illegal-vanguard / Senate Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan’s Power Sector Spendings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by ProfDumbledor(m): 7:52pm On Jan 24, 2016
Hyprocritical and evil set of people. Why haven't they probed the recent promotion/appointment by the new customs boss Col. Hammid Alli where every other zone got not less than 10 comptrollers except south east that got 4. In the same vein, every other zone retained the traditional 4 ACGs/DCGs except SE that got only one DCG. For the avoidance of doubt, here is the break down of comptroller positions in the recent promotion; SE 4, SS 11, SW 10, NE 26, NW 25 and NC 19. Tell me why IPOB, MEND and MASSOB will not protest when there is planned ethnic cleansing going on in govt institutions under PMB regime. Tell me why this country will remain one and united when some people are treated like second class citizens. Injustice, hatred, racism, ethnicism and bad blood pervade this land. God have mercy!

14 Likes

Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by demolinka(m): 7:52pm On Jan 24, 2016
Instead of probing poor welfare of police officers Na promotion tilt concern una. A people will get the kind of leadership they deserve, always.
Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by nobilie: 7:58pm On Jan 24, 2016
Well I've not seen the list.
But let's ask this question;
Hows promotion done in the Nigerian custom,
Army, Air force, Navy and other forces? So, they don't have issues with them but police? If any part of the south raise issues here, they'll say you are insiting division.

When I say "one Nigeria" is just a saying.
Since the national assemble wants to raise issues, let promotion in all other forces be weighed.
let's consider the 2014 national conference report.

I wonder when we'll become a one Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by mynduu44: 8:03pm On Jan 24, 2016
When Idris sing "Nigeria Jaga jaga" we thought he was mad..

The south screamed from the high mountains that Buhari's appointments were lopsided nothing was done, today only a few elements cried out about a promotion nd the senate is probing..

So promotions re no longer on merit but on ethnic basis

How many educated northern policemen compared to Educated southern policemen

The day the yoruba's will see the evil associated with the North, the day Nigeria would start being progressive...

When Customs recruits, the Igbo's or yoruba's don't go shouting but we know how lopsided it is there..

Which ethnicity have produced the Custom boss for the last 20yrs

8 Likes

Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by prophetfire: 8:12pm On Jan 24, 2016
You see the reason why I dnt villify nnamdi Kanu and his boys when they chant "biafra". The north is nigeria's problem.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by AreaFada2: 8:14pm On Jan 24, 2016
ChristyG:
thanks to d ibos for starting that trend with "zik of onitsha".
I'm not Igbo but Zik was Owelle of Onitsha, a high chief I understand. Or is there another thing you mean? Remember Zik actually wanted to do his politics in the West. But ethnicity suddenly became an issue. Born in the North and worked mostly in Lagos. Politically was with Herbert Macaulay, Zik always had the Pan-Africanism idea as perhaps only Nkrumah did then.

6 Likes

Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by laidback(m): 8:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
SMH

Ask them if they've probed how oil wells in the South are owned 85% by Northerners.

6 Likes

Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by prophetfire: 8:19pm On Jan 24, 2016
oboy3:
they should also probe their brother BUUBUU for appointing northerners while neglecting southerners

why do these people think they own Nigeria?
I think the yorubas should now join the Igbos to start looking the north in the eyes.The south-west is helping the north to hold this nation hostage,much to the disadvantage of the whole south.Its pathetic.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
True federalism would solve half of all this zonal issues...nigeria where we dey go...how long would we continue to talk about marginalisation and quota ..

A solution is by the corner and all we do is run away from it...

Nigeria..
Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by CioAngels(f): 8:26pm On Jan 24, 2016
Southerners, it is too late to cry over split milk, in the time past, even now still they worshipped the northerners becos they will throw money while the southerners will scamper for it. The southerners sold their birthright twopence a pini becos of greed for money.
Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by millionaireman: 8:28pm On Jan 24, 2016
Northern Nigeria military dictators over-distributed 19 states and Abuja in the once one northern region. Each of these states must be equally looked upon like each of the the 17 states in the once two southern regions.
Political representation in he NASS and in rest of polity - northern Nigeria is over-represented.

From this point, the north of Nigeria fcuuks the south of Nigeria. Anything north of Nigeria wants is easily done in Nigeria.

As new generations come up, they embrace more and more the false notion that Nigeria was a country founded with 20 federating units in the north and 17 federating units in the south.
South of Nigeria you are fcuuuked - front and back in one Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by ckmayoca: 8:35pm On Jan 24, 2016
demolinka:
Instead of probing poor welfare of police officers Na promotion tilt concern una. A people will get the kind of leadership they deserve, always.

I dont fight for my own welfare let alone fighting for the welfare of police that oppresses me, huh? To helll with them all. They pay them with our tax and they don't care about our well being.
Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by viewflux(m): 8:36pm On Jan 24, 2016
omenka:
Stop looking for whom to blame for your problems. You have representatives at the National Assembly, what are they there for??

If the representatives from the North decide to fight for the interest of their people, why should you blame them when you equally have people representing you in there??

Nigerians are too damn emotional about things.

Me emotional, i am not emotional at all, i am a political spectator. i am still watching the govt with microscopic lens
Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by laidback(m): 8:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
viewflux:

Me emotional, i am emotional at all, i am a political spectator. i am still watching the govt with microscpic lens

Trust me, you want to ignore that guy. Completely.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by laidback(m): 8:41pm On Jan 24, 2016
CioAngels:
Southerners, it is too late to cry over split milk, in the time past, even now still they worshipped the northerners becos they will throw money while the southerners will scamper for it. The southerners sold their birthright twopence a pini becos of greed for money.

You don't even get the half of it. Imagine where at least 70% of that same money is from the southern soil. It's a complete circus. The southerners are the circus monkeys.

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by nwadiuko1(m): 8:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
mazi tonyebarcanista I want to hear your opinion about the topic on ground

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by glossy6(f): 8:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
Integrityfarms:
Once it's against the north it will be reviewed but if Pro -NORTH you dare not talk about it. Confab reports, who has ever mentioned it??

Nobody said anything when Igbos were chased out Nigeria Custom Service. Only northerners were made Directors and yet no prob.

APC SCAM

3 Likes

Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by glossy6(f): 8:57pm On Jan 24, 2016
Integrityfarms:
Once it's against the north it will be reviewed but if Pro -NORTH you dare not talk about it. Confab reports, who has ever mentioned it??

Nobody said anything when Igbos were chased out of Nigeria Custom Service. Only northerners were made Directors and yet no prob.

APC SCAM
Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by skare: 9:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
What of Military promotion against d south?.Yeye d smell
Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by millionaireman: 9:05pm On Jan 24, 2016
Before the UN, President Buhari approves the Right of groups to Self-Determination.

www.facebook.com/naijcom/videos/1037239629706267/?theater

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by Babaji111(m): 9:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
Carry go our distinguished senators. If OBJ n GEJ favors south, this time any attempt to sabotage the north wont be allowed. The north comprises of 19 states out of 36. It is because they are patient for long that any southerner would continue to sabotage it. Nigeria belongs to all. Go to some ministries and see whether the so called Federal character is being recognised.

Enough of sentiments...as long as we live in the same country, justice must be done in all aspects....be it police or otherwise. This is CHANGE...no going back again.
Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by free13: 9:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by shugaboy6102(m): 9:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
viewflux:
You are probing police promotion but refuse the question buharis lopsided appointment that is tilted toward the north.
NORTH IS NIGERIAN PROBLEM.
god bless u. U just said my mind.pls can u help me i don't knw how to drop a comment unless i quote someone like am doing.thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by alexlee50: 9:40pm On Jan 24, 2016
Promotion in the police against the north, the man does not know what he is talking about
Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by Freedom4us: 9:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE IBO , NIGER DELTA AND YORUBA'S ARE SPEAKING WITH ONE VOICE

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by doublehonour(m): 9:52pm On Jan 24, 2016
The issue of d IGP favoring d south is out of place. For d purpose of record,about thirteen thousand police inspectors attended a promotion interview arnd August,2015. However, after d exercise abt nine thousand were recommended for promotion. But just a couple of weeks ago only 3,647 inspectors were promoted. Whatever happened to d other 5000 plus? Also of interest is d fact that PMB directed that every cop due for promotion shud b promoted. We pray that d senate will do a thorough job in this regard.
Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by chiedu7: 10:00pm On Jan 24, 2016
Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 24, 2016
When you hear north then you have to count the Middle Belt out if it, because they are fighting for themselves and not us. Even if 3000 Police men from the middle belt were promoted, these mallams would still come out to protest and say nonsense.
Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by CriticalThought: 10:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
We never learn in this country

Now is the time for police reform, take a cue from countries that have state police. This where we should be going

Nigerian police should be federal police and each state has their own e.g kaduna state police, delta state police, lagos state police

Let each state be accountable to themselves. When you hear about another state police keeping crime low in their state, governors of other states will be forced to take notice, police must be from their own community, live and work there. If police misbehave, you know they cant run far.If citizen misbehave, they know your father and mother. The sooner we build institutions, the better for all of us.

It will solve all this problem of tribalism,if you steal police funds,crime rate goes up in your state, you are doing yourself. Everyone in that society will sit up because they will not allow a stupid person to jeopardize everything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by sirscripture: 10:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
Whether we accept it or not, the languages will always differentiate us. The only reason why the northerners are better equipped in government services is because they are bold enough to help themselves and also to voice out when they have not been favored. Last two years some senators also raised a motion demanding explainations why the Army's promotion was in favor of the easterners. When the hausas are being treated wrongly, the dont just sit and allow God to come to their aids. They fight until they are reconsidered. If the igbos and yorubas are also fond of this, the hausa will not feel like Nigeria belongs to them alone....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by Tripleclick(m): 10:28pm On Jan 24, 2016
IMAGINE A DAY... YORUBA, IGBOS AND IJAWS ARE SINGING THE SAME SONG......... TJY ARE NOW THE SOUTHERNERS!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Senate Probes Lopsidedness In Police Promotions( Against North) by chiedu7: 10:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
sirscripture:
Whether we accept it or not, the languages will always differentiate us. The only reason why the northerners are better equipped in government services is because they are bold enough to help themselves and also to voice out when they have not been favored. Last two years some senators also raised a motion demanding explainations why the Army's promotion was in favor of the easterners. When the hausas are being treated wrongly, the dont just sit and allow God to come to their aids. They fight until they are reconsidered. If the igbos and yorubas are also fond of this, the hausa will not feel like Nigeria belongs to them alone....

Sorry to say so but we in the south are dumb.
The whole south are all dumb.
We are more in number.
Business Hub is in the South
The Business People are from the South.
The Natural Resources are from the South.
Just any 3 states from either the west or the east or the south south is more than the whole North can muster.

Yet the North rules the south.

SO PLEASE MAKE UNA TELL ME WHO SMART PASS?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Discos, Gencos Bringing Shame To Govt – Fashola / LG Polls: APC Thank Lagosians For Voting Overwhelmingly For Its Candidates / Senator Abba Moro Adopts Two Kids, Celebrates Nigeria At 59 With Orphans (Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.