Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? (7409 Views)

Poll: Nollywood or Hollywood?

Nollywood: 17% (8 votes)
Hollywood: 82% (39 votes)
This poll has ended

Korean Films Vs Hollywood/American Films, Which Do You Like More / Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? / Nollywood vs Hollywood? Please Spare Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 12, 2006
oh my God!!!
How the hell can you compare nollycrap with hollywood?,even an idiot knows the answer.
nollywood sucks
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by keliscia(f): 5:31pm On Jun 17, 2006
Well what i can say is that we can not compare nollywood to hollywood, because hollywood is before ahead nollywood in everything(talking about the machine better to say plot they have) but that is the only thing they have,

because all their films are always the same they have no sense

but in nollywood when they act wow i can watch without saying that i am bored, because they are so real,realistic, simple, in their films you can see good and bad things,mens heart,what people can do only for money and power and so on,

what i love most is the ending of their films, it gives us important thing. A morality that lead us in life .

I personally think that nollywood is more than Hollywood in the way they act.

Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by ddizzle(f): 3:56am On Jun 18, 2006
eh i get your drift but nollwywood is notorious for copying american stories and twisting it the NAIJA way, im sori to say bt if them no careful they will sue their asses!!
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by keliscia(f): 1:10pm On Jun 18, 2006
Yes girl friend they do it
but they put some sense in it ,
american style are usefull if you want to learn how to shoot
but nigerian style can help you grow!!!

You just compare them

kiss girl friend

Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by ddizzle(f): 2:02am On Jun 19, 2006
yes, i accept niaja has a good twist in things bt abeg make dem commut for their LOVE PHASE and go into other aspects
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by keliscia(f): 9:55am On Jun 21, 2006
why ,

don't you think they do great with that their  love phase

Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by ddizzle(f): 6:49pm On Jun 22, 2006
their Ok buit they use the same actors and actresses all over again,
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by hayprof(m): 7:37pm On Jun 22, 2006
What kind of question is dis? Abeg u shuld know d answer o jare!
Hollywood now!
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by kim098: 8:30pm On Jun 29, 2006
Don't even think about it , hollywood is the ''bomb''. There is a huge gap beetween d two of them. Hey, come on Nollywood ain't that bad.
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by ddizzle(f): 10:41pm On Jun 29, 2006
They just can't be compared im sorry i love nigeria but I love Me Hollywood.
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by Nella(f): 1:01pm On Jul 04, 2006
ahhh there is nothing 2 compare, Nolly wood has gat a LONG, LONG,
WAY 2 GO, Holly wood rulez, but i love Nolly wood as well=)
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by jesfel: 12:51am On Jul 05, 2006
U guys should tell me this is a joke,how can u compare hollywood to nollywood shocked?
of coure u know hollywood is the best.
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by ddizzle(f): 5:00am On Jul 08, 2006
lol
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by Oracle(m): 5:38am On Jul 08, 2006
I dont know what people think while making their posts
Nollywood can never be compared with Bollywood, not to even talk of HOLLYWOOD
maybe itz the big cars and the jeeps nigerians use that is decieving you
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by ddizzle(f): 8:07am On Jul 08, 2006
Oracle:

I don't know what people think while making their posts
Nollywood can never be compared with Bollywood, not to even talk of HOLLYWOOD
maybe itz the big cars and the jeeps nigerians use that is decieving you

LOL ure right

HOLLY AND NOLLY IS NO-WHERE NEAR THE SAME!!
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by vokalguy(m): 5:11pm On Jul 14, 2006
This is dumb, i mean first of all, y'all got d name NOLLYWOOD from HOLLYWOOD, can't we have something different for once, must our own name rhyme wit anything foreign, and duh we all know hollywood is d best, they get paid in millions remember?
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by Ndipe(m): 12:54pm On Dec 04, 2006
Hollywood hands down. Nollywood cant measure up with Hollywood when it comes to dialogue, suspense, picture, etcs.
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by iice(f): 7:48am On Dec 05, 2006
Only Film Industry that comes close to Hollywood is the Chinese Film Industry and prolly Bollywood but then again i don't really watch indian movies
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:35pm On Dec 11, 2006
nollywood is good,but hollywood is better.
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by Ugwumba(m): 9:37pm On Dec 11, 2006
Like comparing 'puff-puff' and Dunkin' doughnuts. grin grin grin grin grin

You can enjoy both, at different 'levels'. wink wink
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by sexyLeamon(f): 8:00am On Dec 16, 2008
Ndipe:

Hollywood hands down. Nollywood can't measure up with Hollywood when it comes to dialogue, suspense, picture, etcs.
yea nollywood still have a long way to go
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by vescucci(m): 11:32am On Dec 16, 2008
My God, I can't believe you're comparing the two! On what grounds?
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by 9ja4eva: 7:37am On Dec 21, 2008
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by ExInferis(m): 2:46pm On Dec 21, 2008
this must surely rank as the stupidest comparison ever on Nairaland. seun should take the thread down, ban the poster and register the offender for 5000 spam emails per day.
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by MrCrackles(m): 2:47pm On Dec 21, 2008
HollyMollyNolly!!! grin
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by allboyz(m): 3:44pm On Dec 21, 2008
Nollywood vs Hollywood, Bleep wrong

@POSTER :: if at all you think you can compare them start first with HOLLYWOOD vs nollywood

But wait o0o0, let me first go and laugh, before i post my comment, its crazie and laughable,

BRB
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by chyk91(m): 3:23am On Dec 22, 2008
hollywood is miles ahead of nollystick. what do u want to compare picture quality, sound effect, story lines or what. most nollywood movies are very very predictable, its always love story and they always live happily ever after. no science film, no martial arts movie. u should see naija films when the actors are fighting, the sound is crap. they keep beating drums lyk thats the sound of the punch. nollystick in the next 5 years wont reach where hollywood reached 8 years ago, not to talk of now.
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by allboyz(m): 2:30pm On Dec 22, 2008
Now im to post my comment - looking at Hollywood,they have varios segment ranging from their ghetto african-american movies with sophisticated guns, good mafian's movies,Science and technological movies,Resources movies (Water,sand,the planet,vegetational),loves and romance - High standard, good tragic-comic,comic and tragic movies, lots more, good sound effect, no unless scene unlike the Nigeria movie where you will see a car moving for over 1 mins without saying a word and the car or the person driving is not related to anything in the movie,

The sincere truth is that, Nollywood SHOULD NEVER be related/nor tried to be compared to Hollywood, its a BIG SIN,

Do you want the America govt, to ban your Nollywood, and actors like Jim iyke should go broke?

@poster, abeg, no try this mistake again o0o
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by thando(f): 8:45pm On Dec 30, 2008
its 2008 how hard can it b to fix the sound quality in nigerian movies.start with that poster b4 comparin nolly to any other '?wood'
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 30, 2008
Nollywood jare! grin
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by jejelolatu(f): 9:25pm On Dec 30, 2008
, puhlease,which hollywood ar we talkin abt here?

Is there an hollywood africa or ar u al seriously comparin HOLLYWOOD wit nollywood!!!

Hmmn, dis is definitely a joke!!!

-Anoda nollywood production!!!
Re: Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? by chyk91(m): 11:45pm On Dec 30, 2008
nollystick cant be compared to hollywood

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best 2016 Season Films / DOWNLOAD MUSIC: Superwozzy Ft Zlatan - Na Them Dey Rush Us / Kajola: Nollywood Science Fiction To Be Released Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.