Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? (27708 Views)

Korean Films Vs Hollywood/American Films, Which Do You Like More / Nollywood vs Hollywood? Please Spare Me! / Nollywood vs Hollywood: Which Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Afam4eva(m): 11:07pm On May 03, 2013
It seems popular wisdom have the opinion that Hoolywood(American movies) are of better quality than Bollywood (Indian movies) but i beg to differ. The Indian movies of old eg Sunita, Mard, Mother India etc had great story lines and were deep but they all lacked one thing and that it the technicality that Hollywood possesses.

But Indian movies of today are different. The story lines are still great and the tehcnicality has improved. Bollywood movies are even more flashy than Hollywood movies and their storylines are off the chain. Even their action movies are top notch. Watch movies like DON, DHOOM etc and you'll see what i'm talking about.

So, for those that have watched both movies from both film industries, which do you think makes better quality movies?
Ignore the fact that most Bollywood movies are in Hindi and not English
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 03, 2013
Bollywood !! I love their movies

The songs they produce are amazing.

2 Likes

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 03, 2013

1 Like

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 03, 2013
^^
She is truly too sexy for me
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 03, 2013
CFCfan: ^^
She is truly too sexy for me

yes she is tongue
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Nobody: 11:22pm On May 03, 2013
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Iamella(f): 12:41am On May 04, 2013
They just need to stop interupting the damned movie with silly songs...I was watching one bollywood action movie,then they interupted the movie and started a love song,I was like WTF?
But bros u sef know say Hollywood better,the Indians are trying though.

11 Likes

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Nobody: 12:43am On May 04, 2013
I am ella: They just need to stop interupting the damned movie with silly songs...I was watching one bollywood action movie,then they interupted the movie and started a love song,I was like WTF?

Thats the beauty of Bollywood !
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Afam4eva(m): 1:22am On May 04, 2013
I am ella: They just need to stop interupting the damned movie with silly songs...I was watching one bollywood action movie,then they interupted the movie and started a love song,I was like WTF?
The songs are part of makes their movies unique.

I am ella:
I have stated what i think about Bollywood movies. So, i don't know what you mean by "i know say hollywood better". Btw, why do you think Hollywood movies are betteer?
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by VillageBoi(m): 2:22am On May 04, 2013
Ah this na 'Apples VS Oranges' thing again. None is better than the other... all na entertainment and each get him own audience.
Just as a Ferrari isn't better than a tractor simply because it can't do large scale farming... which is probably more important than posing in a flashy car BUT a guy wey no even get bicycle wouldn't dare drive a tractor to toast a babe grin (Well the Brits would)

All na 'each to there own'... and ALL dey good... to someone out there!

8 Likes

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Akshow: 4:27am On May 04, 2013
Which kind mumu question be this one na? You wan de compare death and sleep?

11 Likes

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Iamella(f): 5:49am On May 04, 2013
Afam4eva:
The songs are part of makes their movies unique.

I have stated what i think about Bollywood movies. So, i don't know what you mean by "i know say hollywood better". Btw, why do you think Hollywood movies are betteer?
Bollywood have just a handful of movies I would consider near perfect,Hollywood got lots

1 Like

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by sholay2011(m): 7:35am On May 04, 2013
Hollywood is definitely better, though Bollywood is growing.

1 Like

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Afam4eva(m): 2:53pm On May 04, 2013
sholay2011: Hollywood is definitely better, though Bollywood is growing.
Why do you think so? It seems SHOLAY was the last Bollywood movie you watched.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by sholay2011(m): 4:36pm On May 04, 2013
Afam4eva:
Why do you think so? It seems SHOLAY was the last Bollywood movie you watched.
Lol...your reply is quite creative. I've seen 'Three idiots', 'slumdog millionaire', 'don', 'robot' etc.

But I must say, Hollywood is far ahead of them due to many factors such as culture. They rarely perfect romance like it's supposed to be, not that I blame them, but I don't just buy it.

The way they do their action movies shows they are still behind hollywood, though kudos to their effort.

The way they insert songs to movies anyhow makes me lose track of the flow of the movie somtyms. And surprisingly, evrione seems to know d dance moves for any song, including passers-by.

Their plot is very nice but the way it's told I must say it's not good enough, at least from my perspective. Holywood knows how to tell a cliche story in different amazing ways.

There are other reasons also but not to write an epistle (which I sense I've written already grin), let me stop here.

But nevertheless, I love bollywood too.

4 Likes

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Afam4eva(m): 11:54am On May 14, 2013
I guess it's a matter of choice.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by VillageBoi(m): 3:33pm On May 14, 2013
Afam4eva: I guess it's a matter of choice.

True. I like some from both and dislike some from both. If it entertains me I'm happy even if na mountainwood film or valleywood film. But Youtubewood can sometimes get sweet gems too lol. Like - https://www.nairaland.com/1287904/brilliant-short-film-cargo-goes
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by ohaleoghene(f): 5:05pm On May 14, 2013
Bros afam , why are u comparing tutus fish to kote ? When it comes to technology and good films , nice story line tha will keep you glued to the TV is Hollywood .They v gone so far that bollywood is only trying to catch up . Though they are trying now , have saw my name is khan , 3 idiots slumdog millionaire, all bollywood movies , I couldn't help but say they are trying too . But pls Hollywood is far far ahead . Pls can someone tell me why Nigeria is ranked the third in the word ? I have been wondering , for we all know that Mexican films beat us hand down .so why was Nigeria ranked over it ?

2 Likes

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Afam4eva(m): 5:11pm On May 14, 2013
ohaleoghene: Bros afam , why are u comparing tutus fish to kote ? When it comes to technology and good films , nice story line tha will keep you glued to the TV is Hollywood .They v gone so far that bollywood is only trying to catch up . Though they are trying now , have saw my name is khan , 3 idiots slumdog millionaire, all bollywood movies , I couldn't help but say they are trying too . But pls Hollywood is far far ahead . Pls can someone tell me why Nigeria is ranked the third in the word ? I have been wondering , for we all know that Mexican films beat us hand down .so why was Nigeria ranked over it ?
Nigeria is ranked third for the volume of films they release and not for quality. We're not even in top 50 as far as quality is concerned.

1 Like

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by gendebs(m): 6:26pm On May 16, 2013
I love Bollywood films with passion. In my school dayz i missed a test because of a particular indian film. I ve left church on several count because of Superscreen 11am sunday Bollywood. I dare anybody to tell me just one Hollywood movie that beats "3 idiots" in term of creativity and suspence
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by sholay2011(m): 7:03pm On May 16, 2013
gendebs: I dare anybody to tell me just one Hollywood movie that beats "3 idiots" in term of creativity and suspence

In terms of creativity and suspense, 'The Dark Knight' beats 'Three idiots' for me. Most people appreciate 'Three idiots' 'cos it is very relatable and has a plot that hasn't been exploited. I like the movie, but 'The Dark Knight' is on a higher cadre, even 'Inglorious basterds' sef beat am (in terms of creativity though, not suspense.

But to each his own sha.

1 Like

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Afam4eva(m): 7:09pm On May 16, 2013
I don't even consider "3 idiots" as one of the best Indian movies. I think the reason why people are hyping it is because it was watched by a lot of people who usually don't watch Indian movies.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by VillageBoi(m): 7:13pm On May 16, 2013
^^^^^
Well said @ Sholay - and adding 'The Usual suspects', 'Sixth Sense', 'Inception' and 'Shutter Island' out of the hundreds that are out there with more 'creativity & suspense' than 'Three Idiots'.

But as said before Hollywood or Bollywood - all dey ok shaa!... sometimes!
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by prof800(m): 6:15am On May 18, 2013
gendebs: I dare anybody to tell me just one Hollywood movie that beats "3 idiots" in term of creativity and suspence
what is your definition if 'creativity' and 'suspense' because you actually have to 'know' what you're talking about for you to understand my reply.

Afam4eva: I don't even consider "3 idiots" as one of the best Indian movies.

Neither do i.

VillageBoi: ^^^^^
Well said @ Sholay - and adding 'The Usual suspects', 'Sixth Sense', 'Inception' and 'Shutter Island' out of the hundreds that are out there with more 'creativity & suspense' than 'Three Idiots'.
EXACTLY! Out of the HUNDREDS that are out there with more 'creativity & suspense' than 3 Idiots. Even in bollywood.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 20, 2013
CFCfan: Nollywood is better.

Tonto Dikeh will shine in both Nolly and Bollywood.
SMH! Tonto Dike don cook Efo riro for you sad sad

ohaleoghene: can someone tell me why Nigeria is ranked the third in the word ? I have been wondering , for we all know that Mexican films beat us hand down .so why was Nigeria ranked over it ?
How many times you wan ask this question? undecided undecided undecided. Your memory get virus ni? tongue tongue

@Topic....First of all, I want to state Hollywood is overhyped!
and to your question....I can't really choose, They are on the same level with me angry
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Afam4eva(m): 9:45am On May 23, 2013
speedyboi:

Lol grin
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by semid4lyfe(m): 2:38pm On May 23, 2013
speedyboi:

How many times you wan ask this question? undecided undecided undecided. Your memory get virus ni? tongue tongue

@Topic....First of all, I want to state Hollywood is overhyped!
and to your question....I can't really choose, They are on the same level with me angry

Naah. . .they aren't on the same level. Hollywood still got the edge wink

3 Likes

Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Afam4eva(m): 2:41pm On May 23, 2013
semid4lyfe:

I'm curious to know what this edge is that you guys are talking about. There's nothing Hollywood has done that Bollywood has not done or can do.
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 23, 2013
semid4lyfe:

well. That's you. My Opinion is that any industry that has a high following is best in it's own way. That 'edge' that you think it's got might be useless to some people sef. Eg......MY mum will choose crappy Nollywood movie over The biggest budget Hollywood. grin grin grin grin grin. Though she watches both, but Nollywood is ahEAD IN her own view tongue. So to me too, Bollywood and Hollywood=Samething! They both produce good movies and crappy movies at the same level! angry
Re: Bollywood Vs Hollywood - Which Is Better? by VillageBoi(m): 8:30pm On May 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm curious to know what this edge is that you guys are talking about. There's nothing Hollywood has done that Bollywood has not done or can do.

I'm not talking about it but the only 'edge' I think Hollywood has is their lion share of the 'world cinema market'. You do have to give them props for knowing how to strike deals that gave them a bit of a monopoly on cinemas. Can't remember when that started doing it but when Europe was busy fighting the World Wars the US was signing contracts to collect cinema birth-rights all over the place anyhow lol. They KNOW the business of marketing... simple!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tboss' Family And Fans Celebrate Her Birthday With Very Cute Videos / Seyi Has Been Evicted From The Big Brother House / What Are Your Most Memorable Scenes From A Nollywood Film?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.