Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,253 members, 7,953,945 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:33 AM

Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. (31338 Views)

How To Start Intensive Cat Fish Farming / Cheap Land In Ibadan For Farming Or Residential Purpose from 50k/plot, 250k/acre / Fishery Or Poultry; Which Is More Lucrative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 26, 2016
[q undecided undecideduote author=expertman post=42302764]I will advise you to go into poutry. Poutry business is highly profitable.

Farm farming have sent many people back to the village. Have you heard about rainfall sweeping away a fish pond?

Now here is the laid down a good point of lay Birds is sold at 700 to 1K.

Then you get cage from welder at the rate of 20k.

20k cage can house up to 40birds.

Their feed at point of lay you need to buy what is called grower finisher match get their necessary drugs for both curing of dieseases and supplement of vitamin.

The best drugs for that is called accetryrin or also.

Then after they start droping you feed them with layers match.

After getting alot of eggs from them you still sell those birds at 1,300 to 1,500 during festive seasons.

You can even breed maximize ur profits.

So you see you not lossing out at all.

I have just started my own too with 70birds inside my compound so i so much knows what am talking here.

What gave me the inpirations is many of my customers who came to buy electronics from my shop are mostly into poutry farming.

come see nice different cars this guys are using simply working from farm.

That was what moltivate me in starting a poultry.

In poultry business you start seeing your returns same montb you got started which i doubt when it comes to fish farming.

So my take on your Question is to start a poultry business. Is more profitable and gives Rest of mind.

Thank you[/quote] how about a whats app group for those of us who want to chat with u on the go on the subject matter. I have a plot of land that i would love to start something with for a start.

1 Like

Re: Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. by boyesky(m): 11:08am On Jan 26, 2016
makenzie:
[q undecided undecideduote author=expertman post=42302764]I will advise you to go into poutry. Poutry business is highly profitable.

Farm farming have sent many people back to the village. Have you heard about rainfall sweeping away a fish pond?

Their feed at point of lay you need to buy what is called grower finisher match get their necessary drugs for both curing of dieseases and supplement of vitamin.

After getting alot of eggs from them you still sell those birds at 1,300 to 1,500 during festive seasons.

I have just started my own too with 70birds inside my compound so i so much knows what am talking here.

What gave me the inpirations is many of my customers who came to buy electronics from my shop are mostly into poutry farming.

In poultry business you start seeing your returns same montb you got started which i doubt when it comes to fish farming.

So my take on your Question is to start a poultry business. Is more profitable and gives Rest of mind.

Thank you how about a whats app group for those of us who want to chat with u on the go on the subject matter. 08141334165. I have a plot of land that i would love to start something with for a start.
.... You are still new in this thing man... just wait until after u have done six or 8 months with ur 70birds and bring back ur report.... i have been into poultry and fish farming and i still do activelly.... i have 2500 layers on my farm (and this is even small)... so i know what i am talking about. and if i may tell you ur 70birds can only give u like 2% profit if they are layers... u will soon discover this when ure months into it and u will have to wait 3-5 days to pick 2 crates from them. and if i may have to advice anyone on this thread also.... from my reaseach of 5 years, agro business can only give you a desired and favourable outcome if done on a large scale.... cos the larger it is, the larger ur turnover. now what we are saying here is with 100k fish farming will give this young man higher turnover than poultry/layers. Nobody is disputing the fact that poultry is very lucrative!.... infact i will add that it is very very lucrative and awesomely rewarding when done well... (i am a living testimony to this)... i can tell you that with just a land and 100k, fish farming makes more sense than poultry! provided there is constant supply of water and mind u water is equaly important for both birds and fish. ur birds can go 24hrs without food... but they can never go 20hrs without water if u try this, 70% of them will never lay again!!! and i repeat again! you will only keep feeding them at a colosal loss! (he doesnt even need to dig a pond there are cheaper ways of doing that)...... now to a short analyses of ur 70birds, they will eat one bag in 2 days it will remain some to feed about 50 of them for the 3rd day or u can even rough it and use a bag for 3days no problem..... it is what u give them that they give back to u. now lets go with a bag for 3days a bag of feed @ present is @least N2300 even when localy milled on small scale. you will get 2crates and maybe very few pieces from the 70 in 3days.... a crate ull sell @550 if ure lucky.... most guys sell @ N500 or N520 that is bad marketing anyway!... no crate of egg leaves my farm for less than N600 (i achieved this because i created my own market myself) now u buy feed N2300 in 3 days and you sell N1100 how does that sound!... this is what happens when poultry is done on a small scale!... you cant even employ a help with that cos there will be no money to pay them.... mind you, this is just feeding alone ooooo it excludes the cost of (Water, vacines,electricity etc)... i will advice again! the best bet for him is Fish with what he has! (Mind you guys! i am not trying to discourage people from poultry i am only saying it should be done well and properly to make good profit from it. i am a serious poultry farmer too oooo and i make good money from it. i make good money from Fish farming too) (on a final note i will jokingly like to say that only the serious minded will read all that i have written)

6 Likes

Re: Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. by smartdebiz(m): 11:18am On Jan 26, 2016
boyesky:

.... You are still new in this thing man... just wait until after u have done six or 8 months with ur 70birds and bring back ur report.... i have been into poultry and fish farming and i still do activelly.... i have 2500 layers on my farm (and this is even small)... so i know what i am talking about. and if i may tell you ur 70birds can only give u like 2% profit if they are layers... u will soon discover this when ure months into it and u will have to wait 3-5 days to pick 2 crates from them. and if i may have to advice anyone on this thread also.... from my reaseach of 5 years, agro business can only give you a desired and favourable outcome if done on a large scale.... cos the larger it is, the larger ur turnover. now what we are saying here is with 100k fish farming will give this young man higher turnover than poultry/layers. Nobody is disputing the fact that poultry is very lucrative!.... infact i will add that it is very very lucrative and awesomely rewarding when done well... (i am a living testimony to this)... i can tell you that with just a land and 100k, fish farming makes more sense than poultry! provided there is constant supply of water and mind u water is equaly important for both birds and fish. ur birds can go 24hrs without food... but they can never go 20hrs without water if u try this, 70% of them will never lay again!!! and i repeat again! you will only keep feeding them at a colosal loss! (he doesnt even need to dig a pond there are cheaper ways of doing that)...... now to a short analyses of ur 70birds, they will eat one bag in 2 days it will remain some to feed about 50 of them for the 3rd day or u can even rough it and use a bag for 3days no problem..... it is what u give them that they give back to u. now lets go with a bag for 3days a bag of feed @ present is @least N2300 even when localy milled on small scale. you will get 2crates and maybe very few pieces from the 70 in 3days.... a crate ull sell @550 if ure lucky.... most guys sell @ N500 or N520 that is bad marketing anyway!... no crate of egg leaves my farm for less than N600 (i achieved this because i created my own market myself) now u buy feed N2300 in 3 days and you sell N1100 how does that sound!... this is what happens when poultry is done on a small scale!... you cant even employ a help with that cos there will be no money to pay them.... mind you, this is just feeding alone ooooo it excludes the cost of (Water, vacines,electricity etc)... i will advice again! the best bet for him is Fish with what he has! (Mind you guys! i am not trying to discourage people from poultry i am only saying it should be done well and properly to make good profit from it. i am a serious poultry farmer too oooo and i make good money from it. i make good money from Fish farming too) (on a final note i will jokingly like to say that only the serious minded will read all that i have written)
You said the truth. I'm an agriculturist by profession, with 100k invested in poultry, you are likely to earn little or nothing. Birds are good consumers, starving them for hours will bring serious reduction in yield and growth. But fish can stay for about 3 days or more without food, the only possible problem in fishery is water supply.

2 Likes

Re: Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. by boyesky(m): 12:21pm On Jan 26, 2016
smartdebiz:
You said the truth. I'm an agriculturist by profession, with 100k invested in poultry, you are likely to earn little or nothing. Birds are good consumers, starving them for hours will bring serious reduction in yield and growth. But fish can stay for about 3 days or more without food, the only possible problem in fishery is water supply.
Aptly Said!... thanks
Re: Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. by expertman(m): 12:41pm On Jan 26, 2016
boyesky:

Well said sir ! Though i wont agree totally

1 Like

Re: Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. by Ibukun003(m): 1:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
boyesky:

Please send me your number. Mine is 08127824779.
Thanks. I would like to into fish farming after service.
Need some basic tutoring. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. by bobojoshua(m): 2:20pm On Jan 26, 2016
expertman:

Startup of 100k . Lets assume you got ur birds at the rate of 1K. So 60birds are okay for a start. Which will give you 2crates of eggs daily.

Big eggs are sold for 700Naira per crate while small ones are sold for 600Naira per crates.

Your goal is to get the best multivitamins for them so they can produce big eggs.

Go to vet stores ask for drugs that kills birds dieases and at same time supply vitamins. Such drugs are sold less than 600.

The drugs should be applied according to instructions 1 table teaspoon into 25litrs of water daily. You give them for 7days.

The drugs should be applied like that monthly.

So we have spent 60,600 now.

Caged from welder is at worst 20k making 80,600 .

Then grower match feeding there are types of fee e.g top feed,hybrid and Animal Care.

For grower Hybrid is the best which is sold for 2k for 25kg sack of feed.

Making 82,600. Then buy Top layers match whihch you will start feeding them when they start droping. Top layers match is 2,300.

So right now we. Spent 85,900. We still have like 15k left which could be used for Tfare cos most point of lay start droping after 2 to 3weeks depending on their age when u bought them.

Advise make sure you bu point of lay that is 16weeks or more but should not exceed 19weeks old.

Point of lay start dropping from 18weeks to 19weeks. So the choice is urs.

Happy earnings Bro

1 Like

Re: Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. by bobojoshua(m): 2:25pm On Jan 26, 2016
expertman:
I will advise you to go into poutry. Poutry business is highly profitable.

Thank you
Re: Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. by bobojoshua(m): 2:48pm On Jan 26, 2016
anthney87:
what most of u dont know is that fish farming has taken another dimension.
Here in delta state u dont dig ground for fish farming anymore. we now use tapolin in constructing ponds and also very big drums.
u judt have to have a water source nearby that u can use in changing the water depending on u 3-5 days wt treatment.
it have a good profit margin most esp wen u re selling to market women. also wt ur capital u can open a point and kill joint wt bear to go in the evenings.
Re: Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. by bobojoshua(m): 2:55pm On Jan 26, 2016
boyesky:

Re: Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. by boyesky(m): 3:15pm On Jan 26, 2016
bobojoshua:
[/quote]
Startup of 100k . Lets assume you got ur birds at the rate of 1K. So 60birds are okay for a start. Which will give you 2crates of eggs daily.

Big eggs are sold for 700Naira per crate while small ones are sold for 600Naira per crates.

Your goal is to get the best multivitamins for them so they can produce big eggs.

Go to vet stores ask for drugs that kills birds dieases and at same time supply vitamins. Such drugs are sold less than 600.

The drugs should be applied according to instructions 1 table teaspoon into 25litrs of water daily. You give them for 7days.

The drugs should be applied like that monthly.

So we have spent 60,600 now.

Caged from welder is at worst 20k making 80,600 .

Then grower match feeding there are types of fee e.g top feed,hybrid and Animal Care.

For grower Hybrid is the best which is sold for 2k for 25kg sack of feed.

Making 82,600. Then buy Top layers match whihch you will start feeding them when they start droping. Top layers match is 2,300.

So right now we. Spent 85,900. We still have like 15k left which could be used for Tfare cos most point of lay start droping after 2 to 3weeks depending on their age when u bought them.

Advise make sure you bu point of lay that is 16weeks or more but should not exceed 19weeks old.

Point of lay start dropping from 18weeks to 19weeks. So the choice is urs.

Happy earnings Bro

bobojoshua post=42340972:
60birds will not give u 60eggs/day!.... birds lay once in 26hrs as supossed to the wrong notion out there that they lay everyday... Your pustulation of top layer feed is not correct!... you cant get that for N2300 anymore!... feeds price has been increased since mid/late 2015... some with a increase of N200 and some N150.... and finaly... you can do a reseach of egg sales.... most farms sell @ the range of N500-N530 i mean for there big eggs ooo.... the small ones they sell for N450-N480... and that is to egg roll dealers and mee tea guys.... the big firms self sell for N600-N650 (i mean Farms like Amo! Animal care! Zatek etc and they sell mostly to big coporations and food processing companies Cardbury, Nestle, Fan Ice etc)
@expertman
[quote author=bobojoshua post=42340972]
Re: Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. by lukma227(m): 12:45pm On Jan 30, 2016
youngguru23:

Do u even knw hw much to build a pond?

Talkless of borehole and so many other things

U most not buid a pond sir, u can start with old plastic tank. The water is to be replace every week. Which u can use a well to take care of
Re: Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. by youngguru23(m): 4:44pm On Jan 30, 2016
lukma227:

U most not buid a pond sir, u can start with old plastic tank. The water is to be replace every week. Which u can use a well to take care of

K bro.
Thanks
Re: Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 31, 2016
boyesky:

Well, would you advice i start fishing with my one plot of land?
i aleady have borehole and an empty apartment on one side of it

1 Like

Re: Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. by TOPAI7(m): 12:59pm On Feb 02, 2016
YES!
YES!!
YES!!!

makenzie:
Well, would you advice i start fishing with my one plot of land?
i aleady have borehole and an empty apartment on one side of it
Re: Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 02, 2016
thanks
TOPAI7:
YES!
YES!!
YES!!!

Re: Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. by Hamij: 4:52pm On Feb 02, 2016
I am an experienced fish farmer .I haven't trained birds before so I have nothing to say about it .
For the fishes , It is very lucrative . The success story wil only come if you have reasonable capital to invest in it . I have been a fish farmer since I completed my nysc in 2012 and I know the level I am right now running fish farm . Under proper management , u wil have little or no disease at all . It is a business you van as well run with little amount by grabbing a good knowledge in hatchery and sales of the fingerlings . That is what we do here in our farm . We hatch fishes every two weeks and we sell out an average of 40,000 fingerlings every 6 weeks . And , fingerlings is sold for 10 naira each .
Now , you can agree with me that we don't bring extra money to the farm to train other stocked fishes that we train to table size.
We sell fingerlings every month to maintain the farm in terms if feeding , paying of workers and also save alot of money on monthly basis .
With this little update , I think I have convinced u that fishery is not a bad option .

For more enquiries , you can contact me anytime .
Hamij farms and services Nig limited
Port harcourt , nigeria
07061066317 .

1 Like

Re: Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. by youngzoologist: 9:43pm On Feb 03, 2016
Greatest akokite, we don't carry last...good intention but I'm convinced you don't have the prerequisite skills and experience. I love to welcome you on board but seriously their is more to either poultry or fish farming. I suggest you look for a good and functional farm to learn for the space of time you have before NYSC...
you should by the end of a cycle learnt vital rudiments...please seek more counsel and be sure your decision will be the best.
Good luck.
Re: Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. by babytejiri(m): 9:26am On Jun 14, 2016
Re: Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. by Westadon(m): 12:53am On Jun 18, 2016
agarawu23:
nlders sha! We all are here to learn and have experience, must he contact u privately before u share the info? Oga, share it here for all of us to see
Thank u
some things re better talked privately to avoid disturbing others unecessarily. 07033899054
Re: Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. by agarawu23(m): 12:54am On Jun 18, 2016
Westadon:
some things re better talked privately to avoid disturbing others unecessarily. 07033899054
hmmm
Re: Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. by agapeiyke: 12:09pm On Sep 09, 2016
Both poultry and fish farming are lucrative, but go with high risks. You need mentorship/apprenticeship in both cases if you want to succeed. Both also, they need capital..good capital esp for feeding. You also need bio-security and good management practices.
Re: Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. by agapeiyke: 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2016
Kindly contact Superway farms on 08037669317 for your fingerlings, Juvenilles and Post-fingerlings if you are around Warri and environs. Our Stocks are of very high quality. We also offer consultancy and advice.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. by Preprobiotics: 10:25pm On Jun 25, 2017
Molasses and Lactobacillus Serum for Livestock, Poultry and Home Use
Undiluted Organic Molasses for Strong Nutritional Value with many Health Benefits. Lactobachillus a Superb Growth Booster for Livestock, Poultry and Fish Farming, Also an effective Foul ODOUR Removal for Farms, Households, Dust Bins,Sewage, etc.
Call: 08121790440
Price from =N=1,500

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kaduna State Commissions Tomato Pack House (photo) / Why Tomatoes Are Always Expensive From May Till July And The Glut In August / Thunder Kills 23 Cows In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.