Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,887 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

I've Made The Same Mistake Too Many Times. I Need Advice. PLEASE READ!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I've Made The Same Mistake Too Many Times. I Need Advice. PLEASE READ!! (1358 Views)

Mistake Married Women Make / My Sister Is Married To The Most Chronic Cheat Ever. Please I Need Advice / I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I've Made The Same Mistake Too Many Times. I Need Advice. PLEASE READ!! by FullOfShame: 8:10am On Jan 26, 2016
Hi everyone, I'm not new to this forum but I just created an account to share my issue. I'm a 23 yr old studying abroad and I feel like I'm stuck at this point. My grades are really good at this point but I've been out of school for a year because I've not been able to pay my fees. My parents are responsible for my education and They've done all they should (paid fees and accommodation) but I use my money for other unimportant things. I feel terrible because this same huge mistake I'm making is why I'm still an undergraduate and my mates are out of school, some working and others serving. I was in a Nigerian university before I moved out here because I did this same thing. I basically use my fees to shop, eat carelessly, sport betting, I've used it to pay fees for some of my "friends" in Nigeria and also live a fake life. The new academic session starts in February and I'm so afraid of telling my family members what I've done because I've been lying to them all this while and I promised never to make this mistake again before I was given this second opportunity. At this point, I feel stuck and afraid that I may not be able to register for next session. Please I need advice from you guys. I'm not writing on behalf of anyone but myself. If the mods could help me put this upfront, I'll really appreciate.

Good morning.
Re: I've Made The Same Mistake Too Many Times. I Need Advice. PLEASE READ!! by ladyF(f): 8:11am On Jan 26, 2016
shocked the way you lay your bed na the way you go lie on top am. Go and meet the betting company and show them your story, maybe they will help you cry

1 Like

Re: I've Made The Same Mistake Too Many Times. I Need Advice. PLEASE READ!! by PresVA: 8:14am On Jan 26, 2016
Hmmmmmm embarassed

You deserve some strokes of koboko and some days at tb joshua's deliverance room...

Anyway, you have no choice than to beg your parents again except you want to be a dropout. .
Re: I've Made The Same Mistake Too Many Times. I Need Advice. PLEASE READ!! by Kx: 8:23am On Jan 26, 2016
Open up to your parents.

Share it with a family member and see what happens. It gets worse if you keep it to your self.
Re: I've Made The Same Mistake Too Many Times. I Need Advice. PLEASE READ!! by babseg(m): 8:23am On Jan 26, 2016
Abeg op can u borrow me some money to pay my school feed.
Re: I've Made The Same Mistake Too Many Times. I Need Advice. PLEASE READ!! by FullOfShame: 8:26am On Jan 26, 2016
Kx:
Open up to your parents.

Share it with a family member and see what happens. It gets worse if you keep it to your self.

I really want to. It's just so difficult. I've actually started and then the disappointment in their voices makes it hard for me to tell the whole truth
Re: I've Made The Same Mistake Too Many Times. I Need Advice. PLEASE READ!! by Kayoski(m): 8:28am On Jan 26, 2016
some people have head but no cap

Some have cap but no head

but u op have head and cap but u gats no sense...

na only God fit help u

Seun, Lalasticlala , mydd44 make una kon hear anoda gods story o..

1 Like

Re: I've Made The Same Mistake Too Many Times. I Need Advice. PLEASE READ!! by Godfullsam(m): 8:29am On Jan 26, 2016
Your own case is serious o shocked!

Pls go to the nearest Bible believing church for deliverance. Ask God to help you destroy the spirit of devourers from your life.

Lastly , stay away from SPORT BETTING.
Re: I've Made The Same Mistake Too Many Times. I Need Advice. PLEASE READ!! by Kx: 8:32am On Jan 26, 2016
FullOfShame:

I really want to. It's just so difficult. I've actually started and then the disappointment in their voices makes it hard for me to tell the whole truth

Try your mum. You never know the depth of a mother's love until times like this.

The irony of not opening up is that, should u take misguided steps and derail completely, someday in the future, same family will ask:
" at least u simply should have told us what was going on"

Brace up, go about it like you have done wrong and that all that matters most to u now is their forgiveness. One step at a time.

1 Like

Re: I've Made The Same Mistake Too Many Times. I Need Advice. PLEASE READ!! by outlandra(m): 8:36am On Jan 26, 2016
ehyaaa... just tell your parents they wont kill you.

1 Like

Re: I've Made The Same Mistake Too Many Times. I Need Advice. PLEASE READ!! by FullOfShame: 8:37am On Jan 26, 2016
Kx:

Try your mum. You never know the depth of a mother's love until times like this.

The irony of not opening up is that, should u take misguided steps and derail completely, someday in the future, same family will ask:
" at least u simply should have told us what was going on"

Brace up, go about it like you have done wrong and that all that matters most to u now is their forgiveness. One step at a time.

As hard as this will be, Thanks for giving me the push. I'll try my best
Re: I've Made The Same Mistake Too Many Times. I Need Advice. PLEASE READ!! by Tallesty1(m): 8:37am On Jan 26, 2016
Godfullsam:
Your own case is serious o shocked!

Pls go to the nearest Bible believing church for deliverance. Ask God to help you destroy the spirit of devourers from your life.

Lastly , stay away from SPORT BETTING.
So that the pastors will ask him to use his last card to buy candles and olive oil for his prayers.

An yes! Give a thanksgiving offering.

If at all he should go to a church, it should be a good Christian church not a bible believing church.

We are Christians not Biblians.
Re: I've Made The Same Mistake Too Many Times. I Need Advice. PLEASE READ!! by Kx: 8:40am On Jan 26, 2016
FullOfShame:

As hard as this will be, Thanks for giving me the push. I'll try my best

All the best. Be determined to be somebody for YOU.
Re: I've Made The Same Mistake Too Many Times. I Need Advice. PLEASE READ!! by FullOfShame: 8:41am On Jan 26, 2016
Kx:

All the best. Be determined to be somebody for YOU.

I will. Thank you.
Re: I've Made The Same Mistake Too Many Times. I Need Advice. PLEASE READ!! by oldschooljam(f): 8:50am On Jan 26, 2016
@ op !1?- are you in a way have some means of generating income ? Part time job or any

My .advice u need to come clean fisrt to urself - n to ur friends let them know what happening if they really ur friends they will at least try helping you in securing a job could b temporal or some any n in ur situation humble urself even as a cleaner will do

Once dt settled use dt income for ur studies even if it means havin less meals

Then u can come clean to ur family ,they may b disapointed coz every parent hv high hopes for their kidz n im sure dt comes with d sacrifices they made makin sure u well taken care of which u seem to hv taken for granted ,dont just shock them with d news without u having damage control plan in action at least knowing you workin hard to correct ur mistakes will go a long way

If all else fails go back home dont be caught in d web of doing illegal act ,life is too short to keep makin d same mistakes try to lean frm other people's mistakes at a distance it is d same lessond but d hardest when you experience it n not many are fortunate enuf to come out off it

Find courage to loose ur fake fame so that u will find d real you

2 Likes

Re: I've Made The Same Mistake Too Many Times. I Need Advice. PLEASE READ!! by FullOfShame: 8:55am On Jan 26, 2016
oldschooljam:
@ op !1?- are you in a way have some means of generating income ? Part time job or any

My .advice u need to come clean fisrt to urself - n to ur friends let them know what happening if they really ur friends they will at least try helping you in securing a job could b temporal or some any n in ur situation humble urself even as a cleaner will do

Once dt settled use dt income for ur studies even if it means havin less meals

Then u can come clean to ur family ,they may b disapointed coz every parent hv high hopes for their kidz n im sure dt comes with d sacrifices they made makin sure u well taken care of which u seem to hv taken for granted ,dont just shock them with d news without u having damage control plan in action at least knowing you workin hard to correct ur mistakes will go a long way

If all else fails go back home dont be caught in d web of doing illegal act ,life is too short to keep makin d same mistakes try to lean frm other people's mistakes at a distance it is d same lessond but d hardest when you experience it n not many are fortunate enuf to come out off it

Find courage to loose ur fake fame so that u will find d real you

God bless you. I don't have any source of income. It's going to be a huge shock to them but at this point, that's the only way to go because anything I do now may push me deeper.

1 Like

Re: I've Made The Same Mistake Too Many Times. I Need Advice. PLEASE READ!! by octopusfreaky(f): 8:59am On Jan 26, 2016
Op,,whatttt,,,abeg change that monicker..y will give yourself such a name..
Re: I've Made The Same Mistake Too Many Times. I Need Advice. PLEASE READ!! by PresVA: 9:05am On Jan 26, 2016
FullOfShame:

They sure will be so disappointed. .put yourself in their shoes ..
Just talk to any member of your family who you're closest to, the person may now convince others. ..

However, you have to make some strict resolutions. . What you make of your life today is what you reap tomorrow, remember your parents won't be there forever .. Be more serious. . All the best..
Re: I've Made The Same Mistake Too Many Times. I Need Advice. PLEASE READ!! by FullOfShame: 9:09am On Jan 26, 2016
PresVA:
They sure will be so disappointed. .put yourself in their shoes ..
Just talk to any member of your family who you're closest to, the person may now convince others. ..

However, you have to make some strict resolutions. . What you make of your life today is what you reap tomorrow, remember your parents won't be there forever .. Be more serious. . All the best..

Thanks for the strict words. I'm already determined to be a better person. God bless you
Re: I've Made The Same Mistake Too Many Times. I Need Advice. PLEASE READ!! by oldschooljam(f): 9:22am On Jan 26, 2016
FullOfShame:

God bless you. I don't have any source of income. It's going to be a huge shock to them but at this point, that's the only way to go because anything I do now may push me deeper.

Amen bless u too
Jst dont loose hope all is not lost n for dt push word chanel it into doing all you can to better yourself im sure with ur previous qualifications with your studies u will get a good general income jst aim for any low ranked job n see how ur humble,humility hardwork will pay off

Accepting dt u made a mess of urlife n submiting urself to reconstruct it is a step forward ,Separates urself frm bad suroundings u never knw where it may lead u to

With dt said i dont knw ur religion but im sure in most cases there are certain groups for counselling with programs to help with outreach jobs groups!- In All our places of worship i believe there are working class believers jst share ur story among

Stay calm n be blessed
Re: I've Made The Same Mistake Too Many Times. I Need Advice. PLEASE READ!! by God2man(m): 3:10pm On Jan 26, 2016
You need spiritual purging. You have to allow the blood of Jesus to cleanse you of all filthiness, body, soul and spirit.

Even if you confess to your parent, the problem will still be there.

The best thing to do is to retrace your step back to your creator, GOD by accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour.

Then you can now start on a good platform to fight back and collect what the enemy has stolen from you.

I wish you the best. God bless you. God2man.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do You Want To Get Married? / Mom’s Genius Strategy To Motivate Her Lazy Kids Will Make You Laugh Out Loud. / Help Rescue Mama From Scammer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.