Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) (44855 Views)

SIENA GBUDJE Exposed..ladies Be Careful.. Members Be Very Careful / Mistakes Men Make While Choosing A Wife In Nigeria / As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by charlsecy(m): 11:19am On Jan 26, 2016
oluseyiforjesus:
Ur nxt in kin shld be ur wife
Incomplete and/or shallow comment.
Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by Ayibaba1: 11:19am On Jan 26, 2016
To some Nigerians who have chosen to be lazy in the search for knowledge, this post will actually deceive them. In today's world and Nigeria, who you use as your next of kin is inconsequential, the reason is very simple, what banks, companies or any organization where the deceased has valuables want is "Power of Attorney". Your next of kin has to do with who to be called in case of an "emergency" and has nothing to do with your property or wealth after your demise.

The children of the deceased are yet to tell us the reason(s) they are not able to access their parent's bank account.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by Jimbadly: 11:19am On Jan 26, 2016
Na my house help be my next of kin o.
Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by phreakabit(m): 11:21am On Jan 26, 2016
[size=16pt]Girls right now be calling all their ex-BF like . . . Hey, just felt I should call and say hi.
*Drops call*. . . It's not him, this one is still alive[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by maureeoy: 11:22am On Jan 26, 2016
Lattop:
Using A Younger Bro Bt Now I Get A Son Bt Still Too Young
\

your wife nko?
Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by AdeMoss: 11:24am On Jan 26, 2016
Next of Kin has no legal implication and do not confuse it with beneficiary. It only refers to the most likely person to get in contact with if the owner isn't available.
Next of Kin won't even grant you N1 in court. Just go the route of Letter of Administration and the closest relatives have access to the cash if there's no will.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by Anglovel: 11:28am On Jan 26, 2016
[quote author=Lattop post=42334150]

"Using A Younger Bro Bt Now I Get A Son Bt Still Too Young
Pls use ur own children as soon as u have one irrespective of d Age or sex of d child! Using ur younger brother or sister or any relative causes a lot of hangups n death in nigeria after u r gone" frm Head of Probate division hct of Justice fct 2003-2005. 30yrs at d bar!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by Obeseke: 11:29am On Jan 26, 2016
The next of kin is merely there to see things are done properly when you are no more. As much as it is very important to have a next of kin, the identified beneficiary is much more important as s/he or they become the ones to inherit the estate when the Letter of Administration from the Court is genuine. We all are admonished to have an executed will in place especially when one is about 40 years old.

In this case, the family can still liaise with the next of kin (even if s/he is an ex). They only need her/him to sign some papers as the next of kin and that could be negotiated should s/he be the greedy type. S/he is not the beneficiary. But once they have the Letter of Administration, why do they need her/him again anyway? May be the lawyers in the house could help us sort this out better.
Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 26, 2016
ttemmi:
I've always used my younger brother. Who can be more faithful to you than your blood brother?
wait, let me quickly call cain to answer this question.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by mizmia: 11:41am On Jan 26, 2016
dexterinc2003:
If you have ever seen what relatives do to the deceased's children in this same Nigeria enh (Not talking about super story here ). Then you will fear some relatives and understand why some ppl use their intended partners/future partners as next of kins...so I don't blame the dead guy...
You just spoke what's on my mind
Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by IceDude(m): 11:48am On Jan 26, 2016
Some people fool!shness nor get part2......My younger bro is my next of kin
Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by veraiyke(m): 11:57am On Jan 26, 2016
Next of kin can always be changed so why didn't the so called dead millionaire effect the change when the girl became ex? I guess he didn't remember until death suddenly came
Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by pharmagba: 11:58am On Jan 26, 2016
benedictnsi:
Always use my younger brother....... Why d phuck will i use my girlfriend name for next of kin I smoke ijebu weed

Younger brother ke? Never
I not married put your mother's name
If married put you son name there
Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by medexico(m): 11:58am On Jan 26, 2016
The bank is trying to take the money for themselves, even though the EX comes around she will not be given the money as they would ask her to bring the death certificate which clearly she does not have.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by jbcul4ril(m): 12:05pm On Jan 26, 2016
As professionals we do advise that you use your brother or sister with the right Character. If God keeps you alive and you get married, kindly use your wife but once your child gets to 15years change to your children. Most widows abandoned their children once they find new love but if the children are wise, they will prudently utilizes what was left behind for their welfare. We can only try because some relatives you think love you change once you are no more and would want to possess everything selfishly including your wife.Let God guide you in your NOK decision making. Cheers!!

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by sheyoroniyen(m): 12:08pm On Jan 26, 2016
oluseyiforjesus:
Ur nxt in kin shld be ur wife
even ya wife gon sef e no shure
Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by ManagerUgo(m): 12:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
I think the relatives of d deceased guy should approach a high court within d jurisdiction of the bank branch where d account is domiciled for a letter of administration and an affidavit. These two documents n d death certificate will enable them claim whatever its in the account. Beside, even if d deceased guy used either of his relative as his next of kin, no bank would listen to u until those other documents are presented.
Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by doveda: 12:26pm On Jan 26, 2016
They should go to court undecided

Kini big deal undecided
Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by Mariojane(f): 12:28pm On Jan 26, 2016
ttemmi:
I've always used my younger brother. Who can be more faithful to you than your blood brother?
you will be surprise how your brother can make your family suffer after your demise. am not wishing you dead but you can only use your brother or sister before marriage and after marriage if you believe your wife does not worth it then use your kids for different accounts. haven't you hear of cases where the younger brother covet the whole properties and the wife and kids were left to suffer? i have seen and heard of several bros. don't use your gf cos anything might happen but immediately after your marriage change to your kids if you don't trust your wife.

you trust your brother but millions of naira can change man over night. don't take the chance cos your family may never forgive you;

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by manie(m): 12:32pm On Jan 26, 2016
MeloGist:
Who is your Next of Kin? That is a question which many of us never really take into deep consideration. Some of us have put our parents, siblings, spouse, and even girlfriends/boyfriends as Next of Kin. But we have to be careful because the issue of NOK is a very sensitive one which we tend to under-estimate.

Read what this fellow witnessed in Zenith bank concerning a dead millionaire and the problems caused by who he chose as his Next of Kin

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/01/folks-this-is-why-you-should-be-very.html

The next of kin cannot have access to his money except he has a will in place, the family will be required to ptoduce a letter of administration if the guy died without a will in place.
Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by Olamidas(f): 12:32pm On Jan 26, 2016
It could be that they both laboured and worked hard for d money den d guy became rich and this same family said the man should marry another wife and since d man knows that they both worked for it, he made her his next of kin......why will someone just come from nowhere to enjoy all what d ex worked for? #.justthinkingaloudthough#

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by grandlexuz(m): 12:35pm On Jan 26, 2016
TBD:
Help I have two wives and my second wive want to be my next of kin how do go about it?

Kill her first before she kills.
Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by manie(m): 12:35pm On Jan 26, 2016
dexterinc2003:
If you have ever seen what relatives do to the deceased's children in this same Nigeria enh (Not talking about super story here ). Then you will fear some relatives and understand why some ppl use their[b] intended partners/future partners[/b] as next of kins...so I don't blame the dead guy...

It is not advisable to use your intended partner as your next of kind, you can use your wife or your husband as your next of kin. Being a next of kin does not mean you are entitled to the possessions of a deceased except it is outlined in the will.
Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by grandlexuz(m): 12:37pm On Jan 26, 2016
N
Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by manie(m): 12:38pm On Jan 26, 2016
muzari:
I think we seriously need to be educated on this matter, I don't actually have much time to elucidate, but let me just summarise. It could just be that the family went to the Bank to ask for the account details without Letter of Administration, so it is normal that the Bank ask for who it is that is the next of Kin and they possibly tried to react.
"Nest Of Kin is Inconsequential Where Letter Of Administration Is Issued By The Court". Thank you

Thank you.

Getting a Letter of Administration is quite cumbersome in Lagos, that is why is advisable to have a will and plan our estate. I already have my will, which I always update once in 3 to 4 years.
Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by theshaderoom: 12:40pm On Jan 26, 2016
Lattop:
Using A Younger Bro Bt Now I Get A Son Bt Still Too Young

Your son is never too young... the bank can hold it till he is of age
Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by doveda: 12:41pm On Jan 26, 2016
jbcul4ril:
As professionals we do advise that you use your brother or sister with the right Character. If God keeps you alive and you get married, kindly use your wife but once your child gets to 15years change to your children. [b]Most widows abandoned their children once they find new love but if the children are wise, [/b]they will prudently utilizes what was left behind for their welfare. We can only try because some relatives you think love you change once you are no more and would want to possess everything selfishly including your wife.Let God guide you in your NOK decision making. Cheers!!

Where is your source? undecided

I don't know why you guys enjoy spitting out BS!
Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by grandlexuz(m): 12:48pm On Jan 26, 2016
Teempakguy:
wait, let me quickly call cain to answer this question.

Haha..Abel I doubt many will understand what you mean.
Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by manie(m): 12:48pm On Jan 26, 2016
jbcul4ril:
As professionals we do advise that you use your brother or sister with the right Character. If God keeps you alive and you get married, kindly use your wife but once your child gets to 15years change to your children. Most widows abandoned their children once they find new love but if the children are wise, they will prudently utilizes what was left behind for their welfare. We can only try because some relatives you think love you change once you are no more and would want to possess everything selfishly including your wife.Let God guide you in your NOK decision making. Cheers!!

Or set up a trust account with any of the following firms.

First Trustees

UBA Trustees

Cornerstone Trustees

Union Trustees

just to mention a few.

They will assist us to plan your estate and investment, administer our will and take care of our loved ones according to our instructions when we are no more.
Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by edjeodiri(m): 1:00pm On Jan 26, 2016
The issue of a next ok kin being the sole beneficiary of a deceased estate or money in the bank is alien to Nigerian legislation.
What the relatives need to do is to obtain a letter of administration for the deceased estate from the probate registry in the High Court within whose jurisdiction the deceased resides before his death and not approaching a bank with a mere death certificate.........once this is done, whoever is named as the next of kin becomes totally irrelevant as the bank will be bound by the court order in the letter of administration to pay the sum stated in the letter to the beneficiary/beneficiaries who must have satisfied the court that they are relatives/offsprings/wife of the deceased before such letter of administration is granted to them by the court. Next of kin is secondary to Nigerian law on inheritance.
Re: Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 26, 2016
[quote author=hadura29 post=42335712][/quote]yes ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'The Thing Just Gbawaa' Little Girl Cries Out / 12 Things To Say No To In Your Marriage / South African Man Replies Troll Who Criticized His Wife's Beach Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.