Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Rate These Midfielders - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Rate These Midfielders (4048 Views)

Did You See Mikel Dribble 3 Midfielders At Once? / Mikel Obi Not Among Top 100 Midfielders In EPL! / Top 5 Midfielders Who Would Fit Perfectly In To The Manchester United Midfield (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rate These Midfielders by chic2pimp(m): 2:46pm On Oct 18, 2009
jalether:

^^^^^^^We are talking abt the general here, stevie G, even tho I am not a big fan of his, I still think he
deserves more credit (hugely underrated outside England) btw kaka is not all that fantastic for brazil neither
Let put this way,he has had more fantastic games for brazil than Stevie G has had for England. BTW,Stevie G is not underrated. He is widely seen as one of the best/finest midfielders in the world(quite possibly the best box to box midfielder).

ritchboy:

chic2pimp
those are league stats. Why not post the "overall" stats, as u would say. Or are the domestic cups & d ucl irrelevant?
Also, stats dont even tell a quater of the story. . . If we go by stats, lampard is a better player than zidane. How absurd?
Dikee has a point as well cuz in many of those appearances, he came in as a sub(last season for instance, I don't think he played 2-3 games in succession).

I agree with you in that football is more than stats. I am just using it to show you that Gerrard was not miles better than Ricky in the last 2 season. As any Milan fan can testify,there was a huge difference in the team's performance in games where kaka played and the ones he did not play in.

2004-06,lampard was better than Zizou but can u say lampard is the greater player? undecided
Re: Rate These Midfielders by dayokanu(m): 4:39pm On Oct 18, 2009
Gerrard is one of the most overrated players around.

He is good and very good but comparing him to Ricky Kaka is pushing it too far. This is a Gerrard who cant dribble a standing pole.

Ritchboy, Are you denying the fact that Kaka was injured for the last 2 seasons?
Re: Rate These Midfielders by chic2pimp(m): 4:48pm On Oct 18, 2009
dayokanu:

Gerrard is one of the most overrated players around

I actually think Gerrard is one of the few worldclass english players around.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by dayokanu(m): 5:06pm On Oct 18, 2009
But he is still overrated. If a player deserves 70 and you give him 90 he is still overrated.

According to the English people every player in their starting 11 is world class yet they havent played any major semi finals in 12 years internationally.

They even missed 2 major tournaments!!!!! A team brimming with World class stars
Re: Rate These Midfielders by ritchboy(m): 6:43pm On Oct 18, 2009
Of course, kaka was injured for the past two seasons, thats why he managed just 61 apps.
Now, stop making my ass laugh so it can focus on its primary objective(being sat on) grin
Re: Rate These Midfielders by Sauron1: 6:55pm On Oct 18, 2009
chic2pimp:

I actually think Gerrard is one of the few worldclass english players around.

Gerrard is nowhere near world class. . . . .
Are you people living in a parallel universe?

Stevie G is all hype, no substance.
World class players inspire their team mates to win league titles.
How can you be world class without having a league title next to your name?

World class ko, County class ni.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by chic2pimp(m): 7:12pm On Oct 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

Gerrard is nowhere near world class. . . . .
Are you people living in a parallel universe?

Stevie G is all hype, no substance.
World class players inspire their team mates to win league titles.
How can you be world class without having a league title next to your name?

World class ko, County class ni.
Nah mate Gerrard is Worldclass!!!! . He is probably the best box to box midfielder in the world and oh he also inspired his team to champions league glory.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by Sauron1: 7:16pm On Oct 18, 2009
chic2pimp:

Nah mate Gerrard is Worldclass!!!! . He is probably the best box to box midfielder in the world and oh he also inspired his team to champions league glory.

Inspired what? I will slap that smirk off your face you errorist.
Liverpool won the UCL because of Didi Hamann, not GERRARD. cheesy

Ladies n Gent2men, i present Stevie G(The bestest midfielder in the world against Estonia).

[flash=560,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYHggzKlAi4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"[/flash]

Count the number of times Gerrard made the wrong choice trying to find the hollywood pass in that clip.
Fabregas, Essien, Hargreaves and Arteta are all better than Stevie G(never mind the army of quality midfielders in Europe).
Re: Rate These Midfielders by dayokanu(m): 7:30pm On Oct 18, 2009
^^ That was wicked on The bestest midfielder in Europe
Re: Rate These Midfielders by chic2pimp(m): 7:35pm On Oct 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

Ladies n Gent2men, i present Stevie G(The bestest midfielder in the world against Estonia).

Count the number of times Gerrard made the wrong choice trying to find the hollywood pass in that clip.
Fabregas, Essien, Hargreaves and Arteta are all better than Stevie G(never mind the army of quality midfielders in Europe).
That video proved Zilch!!!!. It was probably done by a Hater.

How you can sit there and type Gerrard was not the main catalyst for Liverpool's comeback defies belief. Sure Didi came in and enhanced the midfield however Gerrard was the main man  cool cool cool. BTW,only Fab4 & Essien comes close to gerrard in that list of yours.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by Sauron1: 7:40pm On Oct 18, 2009
chic2pimp:

That video proved Zilch!!!!. It was probably done by a Hater.

So the hater was a sorceress who rewired Gerrard's brain cells to be playing rubbish?
Like i always tell you guys. . . . .Gust busting players are the most useless players on the pitch.
Of course, they get the media wankfest cos fans remember what they do while running around like a headless chicken but if you take time to analyse their productivity, they are a pile of self-service.

How you can sit there and type Gerrard was not the main catalyst for Liverpool's comeback defies belief. Sure Didi came in and enhanced the midfield however Gerrard was the main man  cool cool cool. BTW,only Fab4 & Essien comes close to gerrard in that list of yours.

Apart from diving to win a penalty as usual . . . .Gerrard did nothing.
Didi was the main catalyst that galvanised the Liverpool midfield that was outfought in the first half.
Gerrard got the praises because he is English. QED!!! Lampard shits all over Gerrard and Owen Hargreaves makes Stevie G look like an amateur.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by chic2pimp(m): 8:03pm On Oct 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

So the hater was a sorceress who rewired Gerrard's brain cells to be playing rubbish?
Like i always tell you guys. . . . .Gust busting players are the most useless players on the pitch.
Of course, they get the media wankfest cos fans remember what they do while running around like a headless chicken but if you take time to analyse their productivity, they are a pile of self-service.

Gerrard is not like Tevez ya know? undecided There is actually brains behind those brawns of his. Don't let the drive, passion & heart the dude has full you guys. Some of his passes would leave you gasping. . . . . . Had Stevie G accepted Mourinho's offer to join Chelsea,I bet you won't be uttering these same words. BTW,I think you'll find the supposed wankfest is the preserve of Man united players only.

~Sauron~:

Apart from diving to win a penalty as usual . . . .Gerrard did nothing.
Didi was the main catalyst that galvanised the Liverpool midfield that was outfought in the first half.
Gerrard got the praises because he is English. QED!!! Lampard shits all over Gerrard and Owen Hargreaves makes Stevie G look like an amateur.
Gerrard was the most vital player in the liverpool team that night. Not only did he win the penalty kick that completed the comeback,he also scored the goal that proved the catalyst for the comeback. I bet you also conveniently forgot his all action display that saw him even play right back @ one point in the match. Lastly neither Lamps nor Hargo shit over Gerrard. I rate Gerrard & Lampard equally and hagreaves some way behind them.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by Sauron1: 8:10pm On Oct 18, 2009
chic2pimp:

Gerrard is not like Tevez ya know? undecided There is actually brains behind those brawns of his. Don't let the drive, passion & heart the dude has full you guys. Some of his passes would leave you gasping. . . . . . Had Stevie G accepted Mourinho's offer to join Chelsea,I bet you won't be uttering these same words. BTW,I think you'll find the supposed wankfest is the preserve of Man united players only.

United players tonnes of trophies to show for their hype.
In the last 2 seasons, they have beaten all the relevant teams in Europe, they have won the UCL and they won 3 league titles in the toughest league in the world. I think they have justified the hype lavished on em. Gerrard hasn't. In the season Stevie G won the UCL, his team finished with a staggering 38 points below the league leaders. You are not a worthy champion of the UCL without winning your domestic league.

Gerrard was the most vital player in the liverpool team that night. Not only did he win the penalty kick that completed the comeback,he also scored the goal that proved the catalyst for the comeback. I bet you also conveniently forgot his all action display that saw him even play right back @ one point in the match. Lastly neither Lamps nor Hargo shit over Gerrard. I rate Gerrard & Lampard equally and hagreaves some way behind them.

He dived to win the penalty kick. . . . .Stop saying he won it genuinely.

I don't have a problem with you rating Gerrard and Lampard ahead of Hargreaves AS LONG AS we both know you live in a parallel universe.
When the push came to a shove, Hargo showed English fans he was better than the media boys at the last world cup.
He was the best English player in Germany and when the media boys failed to bury their penalty kicks due to nerves, Hargo buried his.

If we take the Canadian roots away from Hargreaves, he woulda been the best English midfielder since Glen Hoddle.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by chic2pimp(m): 8:44pm On Oct 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

United players tonnes of trophies to show for their hype.
In the last 2 seasons, they have beaten all the relevant teams in Europe, they have won the UCL and they won 3 league titles in the toughest league in the world. I think they have justified the hype lavished on em. Gerrard hasn't. In the season Stevie G won the UCL, his team finished with a staggering 38 points below the league leaders. You are not a worthy champion of the UCL without winning your domestic league.
I also think Gerrard's hype is justified. He has saved his best performances for the grandest of ocassions(fa cup final & champs lge final). Bear in mind gerrard has also put in great performances for liverpool both @ home and in europe. All that remains is for him to win the premier league  trophy.

~Sauron~:

He dived to win the penalty kick. . . . .Stop saying he won it genuinely.

I don't have a problem with you rating Gerrard and Lampard ahead of Hargreaves AS LONG AS we both know you live in a parallel universe.
When the push came to a shove, Hargo showed English fans he was better than the media boys at the last world cup.
He was the best English player in Germany and when the media boys failed to bury their penalty kicks due to nerves, Hargo buried his.

If we take the Canadian roots away from Hargreaves, he woulda been the best English midfielder since Glen Hoddle.
There was certainly contact from Gattuso. Whether that contact was sufficient enough for him to go down in the manner that he did is another issue altogether.

Definitely there is no denying it,Hargo was the best english player in Germany but Is the best english Midfielder since Hoddle? undecided Not too sure about that.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by Sauron1: 8:54pm On Oct 18, 2009
chic2pimp:

I also think Gerrard's hype is justified. He has saved his best performances for the grandest of ocassions(fa cup final & champs lge final). Bear in mind gerrard has also put in great performances for liverpool both @ home and in europe. All that remains is for him to win the premier league  trophy.

FA cup final against West Ham?? Are you serious?
How is it different to what Fletcher did in 2004 when United destroyed Millwall FC.

There was certainly contact from Gattuso. Whether that contact was sufficient enough for him to go down in the manner that he did is another issue altogether.

Load of tosh. . . . . .Gerrard dived!!!

Definitely there is no denying it,Hargo was the best english player in Germany but Is the best english Midfielder since Hoddle? undecided Not too sure about that.

So where was the bestest midfielder in the universe during the world cup?
When the time came for him to stand up and be counted during the shoot-out, Gerrard froze in the biggest game of his career.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by dayokanu(m): 9:06pm On Oct 18, 2009

If we take the Canadian roots away from Hargreaves, he woulda been the best English midfielder since Glen Hoddle

I cant but agree. in Euro 2004 too Hargreaves buried his penalty despite loads of coaching from Eusebio to Ricardo.

Hargreaves learnt from the school of Hard knocks. Jeremies, Effenberg and Scholl.

Is it a coincidence that Hargreaves is the best Dead ball guy in England.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by chic2pimp(m): 9:26pm On Oct 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

FA cup final against West Ham?? Are you serious?
How is it different to what Fletcher did in 2004 when United destroyed Millwall FC.

Fletcher ke? undecided I thought it was Ronaldo who decimated Millwall. Btw,you can't compare WestHam to Millwall.

~Sauron~:

Load of tosh. . . . . .Gerrard dived!!!
Liverpool fans and a few others would beg to differ wink cool cool

~Sauron~:

So where was the bestest midfielder in the universe during the world cup?
When the time came for him to stand up and be counted during the shoot-out, Gerrard froze in the biggest game of his career.
So cuz Hargo had a better worldcup,he is suddenly the better player? undecided undecided

dayokanu:

I cant but agree. in Euro 2004 too Hargreaves buried his penalty despite loads of coaching from Eusebio to Ricardo.

Hargreaves learnt from the school of Hard knocks. Jeremies, Effenberg and Scholl.

Is it a coincidence that Hargreaves is the best Dead ball guy in England.
Ofcourse you will Agree with him since it conforms to your way of thinking(bloody english basher). BTW, I loved watching Mehmet Scholl play footy.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by Sauron1: 9:36pm On Oct 18, 2009
chic2pimp:

Fletcher ke? undecided I thought it was Ronaldo who decimated Millwall. Btw,you can't compare WestHam to Millwall.

Just like i thunk it was Hamann that destroyed AC Milan in Istanbul.

Liverpool fans and a few others would beg to differ wink cool cool

Liverpool fans are the most deluded set of fans in the world.
In their minds, Benitez is better than SAF.

So cuz Hargo had a better worldcup,he is suddenly the better player? undecided undecided

He has always shown his class whenever he wears the 3 Lions shirt.
Apart from Rooney in Euro 2004, he was the best player in that tournament also.
His stint at Bayern Munich overshadowed his talents cos British pundits are narrow-minded and they cannot see beyond the EPL.
When u watch Hargo in possession, u see guile, verve and panache. Something Gerrard/Lampard lack in big games.
If we had him last season, we woulda decimated Barcelona.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by dayokanu(m): 9:55pm On Oct 18, 2009
His stint at Bayern Munich overshadowed his talents cos British pundits are narrow-minded and they cannot see beyond the EPL.

SPOT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Rate These Midfielders by vicade(m): 10:05pm On Oct 18, 2009
xavi hernandes-Joy to watch. mad assits and technique: champions league final and european champions final

Kaka- Flair and creativity and making heinze and evra colide their heads and score. world cup winner. champions league winner .world player of the year etc

Steven Gerrard- captain fantsatic with the istanbul classic and the drive against west ham which won them the FA cup. but on the national front he is not as good as those above

Frank lampard- in the last six seasons he has scored at least 15 goals for chelsea in all competitions but yet again he lacks skill, flair and has done nothing for the national team
Re: Rate These Midfielders by jalether(m): 1:03am On Oct 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

[flash=560,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYHggzKlAi4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"[/flash]

Sauron, you have reached a conclusion that stevie G is overrated on the basis of one game(england-estonia) and his lack of EPL title undecided

according to your twisted sense of reasoning a player that has never won an EPL title is not world class, that will make the likes of

Fabregas,Arshavin,Torres not world class as well right undecided SMH
Re: Rate These Midfielders by Sauron1: 1:06am On Oct 19, 2009
jalether:

Sauron, you have reached a conclusion that stevie G is overrated on the basis of one game(england-estonia) and his lack of EPL title undecided

according to your twisted sense of reasoning a player that has never won an EPL title is not world class, that will make the likes of

Fabregas,Arshavin,Torres not world class as well right undecided SMH

Fabregas, Arshavin and Torres are not world class BUT they have the potentials to become one later in future.
Cesc is not guaranteed a starting shirt for Spain so what makes him world class?
Arshavin is nowhere near world class and Torres still has a lot to prove.

For now, only 3 players make that elite clique and they are Kaka, Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
There's no team in the world these 3 players will not start.
Others are just hustling to make that grade.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by dayokanu(m): 4:43am On Oct 19, 2009
A truly world class would start in any team in the world.

Fabregas cant even start for his national team that disqualifies him from that world class status
Re: Rate These Midfielders by tayoccu(m): 11:07am On Oct 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

Fabregas, Arshavin and Torres are not world class BUT they have the potentials to become one later in future.
Cesc is not guaranteed a starting shirt for Spain so what makes him world class?

For now, only 3 players make that elite clique and they are Kaka, Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

dayokanu:

A truly world class would start in any team in the world.

Fabregas cant even start for his national team that disqualifies him from that world class status

I put it to you that Fab4, AA23 and el nino will start in the 3lions and the nazi team.

if you're basing world class status on the basis of having a starting shirt in your national team, that means you guys do not regard juninho pernabucano as a world class player (@ his peak)
Re: Rate These Midfielders by chic2pimp(m): 11:46am On Oct 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

He has always shown his class whenever he wears the 3 Lions shirt.
Apart from Rooney in Euro 2004, he was the best player in that tournament also.
When u watch Hargo in possession, u see guile, verve and panache. Something Gerrard/Lampard lack in big games.
If we had him last season, we woulda decimated Barcelona.
British pundits are indeed very narrow minded and most of em'(a few can) can't see beyond the premier league.

Steve Mcmanaman also got the same treatment during his stint @ real madrid. Had he achieved the same feat he did @ Madrid in England he definitely woulda gotten a higher level of praise.

tayoccu:

I put it to you that Fab4, AA23 and el nino will start in the 3lions and the nazi team.

if you're basing world class status on the basis of having a starting shirt in your national team, that means you guys do not regard juninho pernabucano as a world class player (@ his peak)
As I have told em' already, their definition of the term 'World Class' is different from mine.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by Emperoh(m): 11:57am On Oct 19, 2009
tayoccu:

Sorry Tayo but abeg, what makes Juninho a world Class player?
Free Kicks or 7 french ligue 1 titles?
Re: Rate These Midfielders by tayoccu(m): 12:04pm On Oct 19, 2009
tell me, didn't you for 1ce wish the juninho of those days was in your team?

his skillful play lovely set pieces,and his composure was soothing to the eyes, if he wasn't world class who was? Becks
Re: Rate These Midfielders by chic2pimp(m): 1:55pm On Oct 19, 2009
BTW,I don't think Juninho was worldclass. Granted he was a worldclass set piece taker but as a player I don't think he was worldclass.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by ritchboy(m): 2:00pm On Oct 19, 2009
There are only 3 world class players in the world?
I'm laughing with autotune on a kanye west beat @ 1000 bpm grin

P.S. Kaka wont start for "any" team in la liga not to mention d world. Who would he bench at barca? Xavi or Iniesta?
Re: Rate These Midfielders by jalether(m): 2:17pm On Oct 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

What happens to players like Iniesta, Xavi, Drogba, Eto'o, Ribery, david Villa& silva, the listed players will conveniently

start in any national team in the world.

sauron please don't argue just for the sake of it, I am very sure you know at the back of your mind that you chatting poppycocks
Re: Rate These Midfielders by Sauron1: 2:17pm On Oct 19, 2009
ritchboy:

There are only 3 world class players in the world?
I'm laughing with autotune on a kanye west beat @ 1000 bpm grin

P.S. Kaka wont start for "any" team in la liga not to mention d world. Who would he bench at barca? Xavi or Iniesta?

Duh. . . . . .He starts for Real Madrid or Real Madrid dey for the Russian league?
It seems you have been smoking blunts again.

Kaka will send Thierry Henry into an early retirement.
He will partner Ibrahimoflop and Messi in the attack at Barcelona.

jalether:

What happens to players like Iniesta, Xavi, Drogba, Eto'o, Ribery, david Villa& silva,  the listed players will conveniently

start in any national team in the world.

sauron please don't argue just for the sake of it, I am very sure you know at the back of your mind that you chatting poppycocks

Sentiments will be added with the players you have mentioned above.
Some fans will put them, some will not so the inclusion of these players in any world XI would be speculative.
However, Kaka, Messi and Cristiano would make anyone's world XI team without stress.

They have been the best 3 players in the world since 2007.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by jalether(m): 2:20pm On Oct 19, 2009
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I'm even sure based on current form Iniesta, Xavi and prob David Silva, even Sevilla's navas will start ahead of kaka

as we speak based on their performance in the last 9 months, sentiments apart

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Football Economics / Real Sociedad Vs Barcelona (2 - 2) On Saturday,10th Of September,2011 / Standard Liege Vs Arsenal (2-3) On Wednesday 16th September

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.