Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Rate These Midfielders - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Rate These Midfielders (4041 Views)

Did You See Mikel Dribble 3 Midfielders At Once? / Mikel Obi Not Among Top 100 Midfielders In EPL! / Top 5 Midfielders Who Would Fit Perfectly In To The Manchester United Midfield (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rate These Midfielders by Sauron1: 2:36pm On Oct 19, 2009
jalether:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I'm even sure based on current form Iniesta, Xavi and prob David Silva, even Sevilla's navas will start ahead of kaka

as we speak based on their performance in the last 9 months, sentiments apart

Why base it on the last 9 months? Why not the last 3 years??
Where was Iniesta and Xavi when Scholes and Carrick raped em in 2008?

Kaka is better than Iniesta and Xavi.
Did you not watch Confed. Cup?
Re: Rate These Midfielders by jalether(m): 2:37pm On Oct 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

Duh. . . . . .He starts for Real Madrid or Real Madrid dey for the Russian league?
It seems you have been smoking blunts again.

Kaka will send Thierry Henry into an early retirement.
He will partner Ibrahimoflop and Messi in the attack at Barcelona.

Sentiments will be added with the players you have mentioned above.
Some fans will put them, some will not so the inclusion of these players in any world XI would be speculative.
However, Kaka, Messi and Cristiano would make anyone's world XI team without stress.

They have been the best 3 players in the world since 2007.

What exactly has kaka done in the last 4 months to merit him that status, what defines a world class player simply put their
1 performance on the pitch
2 level of influence in the team
3 Actual/current market value (pay attention to the highlighted part), henry,shevchenko,rivaldo, ronaldinho all used to be world class
just because you used to be worldclass still doesn't make you worldclass esp when your level of performance has dropped drastically
do you wanna compare his performance of 2007 to now (2009)
Re: Rate These Midfielders by jalether(m): 2:41pm On Oct 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

Why base it on the last 9 months? Why not the last 3 years??
Where was Iniesta and Xavi when Scholes and Carrick raped em in 2008?

Kaka is better than Iniesta and Xavi.
Did you not watch Confed. Cup?

sauron stop smoking weed, did Iniesta play at the confed cup and what was so fantastic abt kaka's performance at the torny

as far as am concerned fabiano, Donovan all had a better torny than kaka.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by chic2pimp(m): 2:45pm On Oct 19, 2009
ritchboy:

There are only 3 world class players in the world?
I'm laughing with autotune on a kanye west beat @ 1000 bpm grin

P.S. Kaka wont start for "any" team in la liga not to mention d world. Who would he bench at barca? Xavi or Iniesta?
Where you half asleep when you typed this load of toash? undecided

jalether:

Kaka is vital for brazil. Almost All of their best attacking moves flows through him. Kaka was also the main reason Milan qualified for the champs lge last season. Bear in mind he was playing in a team full of old men.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by Sauron1: 2:50pm On Oct 19, 2009
chic2pimp:

Where you half asleep when you typed this load of toash? undecided

"Where" or "Were"?
Do i have to teach you simple use of English?

Kaka is vital for brazil. Almost All of their best attacking moves flows through him. Kaka was also the main reason Milan qualified for the champs lge last season. Bear in mind he was playing in a team full of old men.

Tell these rug-rats. . . . .
It seems they watch their footie upside down.
In the last 3 seasons. . . . .Kaka + Messi + Cristiano have been the best football players anywhere in the world.

jalether:

What exactly has kaka done in the last 4 months to merit him that status, what defines a world class player simply put their
1 performance on the pitch
3 Actual/current market value (pay attention to the highlighted part), henry,shevchenko,rivaldo, ronaldinho all used to be world class
just because you used to be worldclass still doesn't make you worldclass esp when your level of performance has dropped drastically
do you wanna compare his performance of 2007 to now (2009)

Kaka's performance on the pitch before he got injured in 2007 is enough. . . . .Forget anything else.
A world class player is always a world class player. Scholes is a shadow of himself these days but he is still a world class player.
Giggsy is a world class player and so on and forth.

How can u mention the best footballers in the world without mentioning Kaka?
Without his effort in 2007, Milan wouldn't have won the UCL. How many goals did he score that season as a midfielder?
Stop chatting shit abeg and go pick your nose if you don't have work to do.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by ritchboy(m): 2:50pm On Oct 19, 2009
Jalether
u must be a very brave man to engage Sauron in a debate of this nature grin
The dude is asking me if Real Madrid play in the russian league and i have no idea what he's talking about.

Sauron,
are u high by default? grin
Re: Rate These Midfielders by jalether(m): 2:58pm On Oct 19, 2009
chic2pimp:

I suggest you read my post very carefully b4 responding, my question his does kaka still have the same level of influence

he had just two yrs ago.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by Sauron1: 3:01pm On Oct 19, 2009
ritchboy:

Jalether
u must be a very brave man to engage Sauron in a debate of this nature grin
The dude is asking me if Real Madrid play in the russian league and i have no idea what he's talking about.

Sauron,
are u high by default? grin

U said Kaka will NOT start in any team in the La Liga and i said he starts for Real Madrid(the biggest club in La Liga).
Abi Real Madrid dey play in the Russian League?
Re: Rate These Midfielders by chic2pimp(m): 3:04pm On Oct 19, 2009
jalether:

I suggest you read my post very carefully b4 responding, my question his does kaka still have the same level of influence

he had just two yrs ago.
You dey vex? grin. In reply to your post, the answer will be a resounding yes as far as the brazilian national team is concerned.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by jalether(m): 3:07pm On Oct 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

Tell these rug-rats. . . . .
It seems they watch their footie upside down.
In the last 3 seasons. . . . .Kaka + Messi + Cristiano have been the best football players anywhere in the world.

Kaka's performance on the pitch before he got injured in 2007 is enough. . . . .Forget anything else.
A world class player is always a world class player. Scholes is a shadow of himself these days but he is still a world class player.
Giggsy is a world class player and so on and forth.

How can u mention the best footballers in the world without mentioning Kaka?
Without his effort in 2007, Milan wouldn't have won the UCL. How many goals did he score that season as a midfielder?
Stop chatting shit abeg and go pick your nose if you don't have work to do.

In your ridiculous sense of reasoning sholes, giggsy,henry,shevchenko are still worldclass but Iniesta, xavi,Drogba aint

according to you, a student who went from achieving distinction (90%+)one of the best student in the whole country to
scoring 40/50%  is still among the hierarchy of top student in the country undecided

sauron It is actually easy to make sense than it is to make a fool of yourself
Re: Rate These Midfielders by jalether(m): 3:11pm On Oct 19, 2009
chic2pimp:

You dey vex? grin. In reply to your post, the answer will be a resounding yes as far as the brazilian national team is concerned.

vex ke nah, I'm ony 5 secs away from knocking you upside the head with a baseball bat grin cheesy,
I tot the basis of the argument was fot both country and club, why only brazil and not real madrid
Re: Rate These Midfielders by Sauron1: 3:15pm On Oct 19, 2009
jalether:

In your ridiculous sense of reasoning sholes, giggsy,henry,shevchenko are still worldclass but Iniesta, xavi,Drogba aint

Iniesta, Xavi, Drogba have not done enough yet to become world class players.
How many league titles do they have around their necks in which they were the heart n soul of the team?
They have the potentials to become world class players but you just don't become world class in one season otherwise Adebayor is a world class player.

according to you, a student who went from achieving distinction (90%+)one of the best student in the whole country to
scoring 40/50%  is still among the hierarchy of top student in the country undecided

At least, history will say he has hit 90% once.
Neither Xavi or Iniesta have even reached 80%, never mind 90%.
Messi is clearly better than the 2 of them.

sauron It is actually easy to make sense than it is to make a fool of yourself

Shut up you obnoxious piglet.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by chic2pimp(m): 3:22pm On Oct 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

Iniesta, Xavi, Drogba have not done enough yet to become world class players.

Iniesta & Drogba might not have done enough but surely Xavi has? No undecided

jalether:

vex ke nah, I'm ony 5 secs away from knocking you upside the head with a baseball bat grin cheesy,
I tot the basis of the argument was fot both country and club, why only brazil and not real madrid
That's why I loff NL. No matter how wrong or right we all are, we surely do learn things from each other.

Kaka's performances for real madrid since he signed has not been bad.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by ritchboy(m): 3:52pm On Oct 19, 2009
According to Sauron, kaka, messi & ronaldo are the ONLY world class footballers.
Also, according to Sauron, scholes & giggs are world class.

According to Sauron, iniesta and xavi arent world class cos they havnt won enough league titles.
Also, according to sauron, kaka is world class(how many league titles has kaka won?)

jalether,
i think we're better off funding his treatment than debating with him grin
Re: Rate These Midfielders by Sauron1: 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2009
ritchboy:

According to Sauron, kaka, messi & ronaldo are the ONLY world class footballers.
Also, according to Sauron, scholes & giggs are world class.

U musta failed English Language as a teenager if this is your summary.
I said. . . . .Kaka, Messi and Ronaldo are the undisputed world class footballers we have today.

According to Sauron, iniesta and xavi arent world class cos they havnt won enough league titles.
Also, according to sauron, kaka is world class(how many league titles has kaka won?)

Kaka has won everything. He was the heart n soul of the ageing Milan side that won the UCL in 2007.
When the chips were down, he delivered without hiding behind another superstar in their team.
Xavi n Iniesta lived under the shadow of Leo Messi last season. . . . .

jalether,
i think we're better off funding his treatment than debating with him grin

Fund whose treatment?
Who said Kaka cannot start for any team in La Liga? U need to be lobotomised. grin grin
Re: Rate These Midfielders by chic2pimp(m): 4:12pm On Oct 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

I said. . . . .Kaka, Messi and Ronaldo are the undisputed world class footballers we have today.

Buffon,Casilas,Maicon,Vidic,Terry,A.Cole  e.t.c are worldclass. No undecided
Re: Rate These Midfielders by Sauron1: 4:19pm On Oct 19, 2009
chic2pimp:

Buffon,Casilas,Maicon,Vidic,Terry,A.Cole  e.t.c are worldclass. No undecided

Buffon/Casillas? World Class but sentiments will get into it.

Maicon? Oh please. . . . .Sagna shits on him, i will even go as far as saying Boswinga is better than Maicon.

Vidic? Same as Buffon/Casillas.

Ashley Cole will not start for Man Utd or even Arsenal in his current form. He is nowhere near world class. He is good but NOT a great player.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by ritchboy(m): 4:28pm On Oct 19, 2009
Sauron,
"undisputed"?
hahahaha, my ass is laughing at u yet again grin

P.S u still havnt told us the league titleS kaka has won. Afterall, u said they are mandatory for any world class player. or just for the "undisputed" ones? grin
Re: Rate These Midfielders by Sauron1: 4:31pm On Oct 19, 2009
ritchboy:

P.S u still havnt told us the league titleS kaka has won. Afterall, u said they are mandatory for any world class player. or just for the "undisputed" ones? grin

This should jog your fading memory. . . . . .

Revista Placar Bola de Ouro: 2002
Campeonato Brasileiro Bola de Prata (best player by position): 2002
CONCACAF Gold Cup Best XI: 2003
Serie A Best new player: 2003
Serie A Foreign Footballer of the Year: 2004, 2006, 2007
Serie A Footballer of the Year: 2004, 2007

UEFA Champions League Best Midfielder: 2005
UEFA Team of the Year: 2006, 2007
FIFPro World XI: 2006, 2007, 2008
Pallone d'Argento: 2006–07
UEFA Champions League Top Scorer: 2006–07
UEFA Champions League Best Forward: 2006–07
UEFA Club Footballer of the Year: 2006-07
FIFPro World Player of the Year: 2007
Ballon d'Or: 2007
FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball: 2007
Toyota Award: 2007
FIFA World Player of the Year: 2007

Onze d'Or: 2007
IFFHS World‘s Best Playmaker: 2007
IAAF Latin Sportsman of the Year: 2007
Time 100: 2008, 2009
Maracanã Hall Of Fame: 2008
Samba d'Or: 2008
FIFA Team of the Year: 2008
FIFA Confederations Cup Golden Ball: 2009
FIFA Confederations Cup Best XI: 2009
Re: Rate These Midfielders by chic2pimp(m): 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2009
ritchboy:

Sauron,
"undisputed"?
hahahaha, my ass is laughing at u yet again grin

grin grin grin grin grin Though I agree with him in that those three aforementioned players are WorldClass, the word 'Undisputed is funny.

~Sauron~:

Maicon? Oh please. . . . .Sagna shits on him, i will even go as far as saying Boswinga is better than Maicon.

Vidic? Same as Buffon/Casillas.

Ashley Cole will not start for Man Utd or even Arsenal in his current form. He is nowhere near world class. He is good but NOT a great player.

Maicon - Best Right Back In The World

Ashley Cole - Best Left Back In The World(only Evra comes close)

Buffon/Casilas - Best Goalkeepers In The World. Take Ya Pick.

Vidic - On Current Form, Top two or three Center Backs In The World.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by jalether(m): 4:51pm On Oct 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

who in their right mind would heesitate to vote those two alongside julio cesar as the best goalkeepers around,

According to sharon, evra and clichy are better than ashley cole
Re: Rate These Midfielders by Sauron1: 4:57pm On Oct 19, 2009
jalether:

who in their right mind would heesitate to vote those two alongside julio cesar as the best goalkeepers around,

U have just mentioned 3 goalkeepers for one position.
This is why i said sentiments will get into it unlike players like Messi or Ronaldo who you cannot omit in a world XI team.

Evra is 20000000000000% better than Ashley Cole and i am sure Clichy is better too.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by chic2pimp(m): 5:06pm On Oct 19, 2009
jalether:

Na so we see am oo. Evra is debatable but Clichy c'mon now undecided.

~Sauron~:

U have just mentioned 3 goalkeepers for one position.
This is why i said sentiments will get into it unlike players like Messi or Ronaldo who you cannot omit in a world XI team.

Unlike the position Messi & company play in, the goalkeeping position is not as clear cut. However on current form,few will argue with Casilas occuping the No1 spot.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by dayokanu(m): 5:40pm On Oct 19, 2009
Casilass and Buffon are definitely world class but right now Casillas edges it.
Ashley Cole? Clichy? Clichy doesnt even start for France. Philip Lahm is the best left back in Europe right now.

Kaka has been good for Madrid this season because he has not matched his 2007 plays means nothing. CR7 has not matched his 2008 plays means he is not world class?

Kaka is still a world class player anyday.

Gerrard, Is an average midfielder, average support striker maybe a good motivator
Re: Rate These Midfielders by Sauron1: 5:43pm On Oct 19, 2009
dayokanu:

Ashley Cole? Clichy? Clichy doesnt even start for France. Philip Lahm is the best left back in Europe right now.

Philip who? Try Wayne Bridge. grin grin grin grin

Kaka has been good for Madrid this season because he has not matched his 2007 plays means nothing. CR7 has not matched his 2008 plays means he is not world class?

Kaka is still a world class player anyday.

Gerrard, Is an average midfielder, average support striker maybe a good motivator

Good motiwhat?
11 years in Liverpool without a league title?
4th season running without a single title?
U need to check the meaning of the word "motivator" in the Oxford dictionary.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by chic2pimp(m): 5:56pm On Oct 19, 2009
dayokanu:

DUH!!! Omo I don forget Lahm sha. Definitely worldclass but best left back in da world? undecided

dayokanu:

Abegii jare. You and Sharon should carry go jor. Gerrard has never been and would never be average.
Re: Rate These Midfielders by dayokanu(m): 6:38am On Oct 20, 2009
Steven scuba diver Gerrard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Epl Fixtures For Saturday 6 October 2012 / Football Economics / Real Sociedad Vs Barcelona (2 - 2) On Saturday,10th Of September,2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.